I know I'm a bit late but... WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO ASH? FUCKING WHY?

I know I'm a bit late but... WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO ASH? FUCKING WHY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQGqix24Y2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly, the text bothers me more than the design.

How do you go from this...

Changed of tone and demographics.

From younger teens to kids.

He got moe'd

He looks like more of a nigger.

Just shut up and post baseball webms.

>Ash

jesus christ who gives a fuck.

just fuck off

The league loss took a toll on him. At least he got a waifu out of it.

A bit late?

After 20 episodes I can kinda sorta understand what they were trying to accomplish with this style but it still looks like pile of thrash even in motion.

I don't know why some people defend it saying that its improvement to "edgy shounen XY".
Probably bunch of buthurt shippers or Ash-isnt-chamion-reeeeee fags.

The worst thing about it is that the animators will be reluctant to change styles after this arc out of laziness.

JUST

>WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO ASH?
Gave him life.

This is the ideal anime animation. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

This looks like filler Toei instead of OLM.

Ash is forever a ten year old, so they did the right thing and put him where kids his age should be; on an island full of strangers away from his family.

SM is unironically the best Pokemon season so far.

This seems like a bad joke.

Guess a few seasons in a row of sakuga really took their budget out.

Ash is now 9 yo____

I don't care about ash. The girls in this one are superior so it's a win in my book

He looks like a cartoon character now.

>The worst thing about it is that the animators will be reluctant to change styles after this arc out of laziness.
The new movie has the old artstyle so that's not exactly implausible. Plus, SM was inspired by YW and given how YW's popularity is now in the toilet I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon goes back to normal next season.

This. At least the girls in SM are fun and have fun fanbases. As attractive as Serena was, her fanbase was really bad, on par with the worst of Misty's.

Why didn't they just make a new protagonist for each region who just happened to look like and have a similar name to Ash instead of ignoring time?
They could have even done tie in episodes where the trainers from each region cross paths and fight once in a while instead of just having Ash be 10 years old for 19 years so he could be everywhere at once.

What's the point? It's not like it matters. You're supposed to eventually outgrow watching Sunday morning cartoons.

For examples of why that doesn't work, go look to Digimon and Yugioh. 20 years later, people know who Ash is. Can you say the same for the protagonists for the other two franchises?

Because that doesn't sell as well. You need recognizable characters.

Tai , davis , takato and takuya , season 4 was pretty sub par so i stopped following after that.

Zexal is still huge in Japan tho

Digimon's fai!ure is unrelated to swapping MCs

>Anime was a mistake
thread

they fucked him so hard in the last league that he finally aged after all this time... backwards.

Where the hell is Misty?! Who are all these other sluts slobbering over Ash's tiny cock? Goddamnit, this isn't the Pokemon I remember!

Two of them are dykes, and Lana is too irrelevant to be a treat, you don't worry.

The design is fine.

The artstyle is fun.

People complaining should seriously reconsider their decisions in life.

Whoa the new Yokai watch looks neat

In the toilet? Since when?

Unless you're referring to outside of Japan. I think it's seen some success in the states, but yeah, it's nowhere near as popular literally anywhere else in the world.

>Yugioh
>A reason that doesn't work

Except Yugioh does excellent, it's literally Konamis proudest flagshit if not their best flagshit.

And Digimon does badly because it has very poor merchandising to keep it in the flow. Where as Pokemon knows very well it picks up and keeps fans on its premise with the games then goes on to be expansive and unique yet fun Digimon does the opposite. Tiny scope, unimpressive mechanics and experience.

we're still getting the 3rd version of the second game. if i didnt underestimate what remains of success of the game, i wouldntve gotten Fleshy souls.

you mean to tell me quality differs between episodes and scenes? who would've though?

There's nothing wrong with quality fluctuations, but quality should never dip that low.

>Two of them are dykes
nice headcanon, faggot.

The ratings have gone south and Pokemon is beating it most of the time now.

Not headcanon, give up already. At least I'm sure they aren't into Ash.

Glad she's gone, worst thing about the show by far.

Don't pretend to be emotionally involved in pokemon anime, you don't watch it or anything.

>two girls hugging
>dykes
Take your yuri goggles off

12 lasagans

youtube.com/watch?v=gQGqix24Y2E

Who gives a fuck?
Ash is the god of jobbers.

>five companion characters
>NONE of them ever really battle

For fuck's sake.

SM is actually better then XY tho

What the fuck did you just link to me?

A compilation, that screen just explain the japanese names in the subs.

What would you do in this situation?

cute!

So why did they change to this style?

Nothing

A position like that is like a blowjob. You want to do more but all you can do it just sit back and let it happen.

It's more expressive

New director, new staff.
It´s shit.

They probably felt it fit the tropical theme more.

Do they have the balls to do it? Digimon already did it.

I think the biggest issue with the style is literally everyone looks better in it except Ash. Honestly, if they were going to radically change the art and tone of the show, I think it would have benefited with an all new protagonist whose eyes arent three feet apart.

I hope you're not defending XY's director and his piss poor excuse for shonen.

When's Guzma?

He looks like he has a pervert stache and may be Mediterranean now.

I'm gonna be sad when Litten evolves. That shit's adorable and its evolutions are ugly as fuck.

Deceased. Along with Nebby, Gladion's Type: Null, Ilima, and the remaining sliver of this series' dignity.

Not a fan either, but it could be pretty hype in the anime

>IKE, GAOGAEN! HAIPA DAHKU KURASSHA!

>Freaking Accelerator is Gladion
>we'll have Harutora vs Accelerator in the future
Nice, now if they could only get Sora Amamiya or M.A.O. in Pokemon.

Nah, maybe they'll be introduced later on.

Your boy has to come around eventually, considering we've seen team skull grunts. It'll probably be a long, long time from now, though.

wew, want a view of her butt

Gladion doesn't even work for Team Skull in this continuity. He left to train and came back with an edgedog instead.

She's fucking Tracy.

Is shaft animating this shit now?

I'm especially not looking forward to the owl evolving either. I mean, it has a good thing going for it right now. It's cute, it sleeps, it likes flowermons and it fits snugly in Ash's backpack. It ain't gonna be able to shove itself in there when it turns into Robird Hood.

Call me when best girl makes an appearance

Is this fucking telling me to order Domino's Pizza?!

GARFIELF U FAT CAT U EAT TO MUJ

yep, there was a commercial for domino's that had dawn in that outfit

it never appeared anywhere else

aino

There's QUALITY... Then there's laziness...

This is the latter...

Different direction.It's a school comedy slice of life on a tropical island now, not a battle adventure shounen.

I can deal with the art style change but i cant deal with the fact that there are hardly any battles. If I wanted filler SoL Id watch another anime.

I love when the sports based episode gets all of these flashy effects.

fan service +
quality -
profit +++++++++++++++++++

Shit taste detected.

HE LOOKS LIKE STEVEN KEKIVERSE

I'm still mad about Serena being forgotten, but FUCK

All 3 girls are literally pure sex, each with a different flavor. They may not be pure OTP material as Serena but fucking hell they are hot and cute.

>He looks like more of a nigger.
Just looks more like a real japanese then.

>Serena being forgotten
Karma for her fanbase being a piss of shit. I used to like Serena but man her fanbase ruined her for me.

It's right here.

Will Mizuki show up and marry Lillie?

95 posts and you're still ignored. Poor thing.

It's still one of the biggest things in Japan, but its sales have crashed in a downward spiral after its peak, to the point where Level-5 is actually developing non-Youkai Watch games again and reviving old IPs.

Dark Cloud 3 when!?