Is the Left trying to lose??

I'm center left but I'm starting to shift Right.

I see everyone shitting on Trump for this, and trying to use it to play politics against him. I see NO ONE suggesting we build Solar Panels or Solar Roads here. Not a single democrat is seeking a domestic solution to this problem. Why is that? Could it have ANYTHING to do with sending all of our manufacturing jobs to China??

The democrats don't really care about DACA or the Immigrants. They want to protect Illegals to exploit them for Cheap Labor. They don't want to give them citizenship. And they don't want Protectionist Trade Policy because they don't want to pay American Citizens to make these solar panels when they could buy them from the Chinese for a quarter of the cost

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=tariffs on solar energy&iar=news&ia=news&t=hg
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/chinese-solar-exports-fall-in-2016-with-global-anti-dumping-measures/
youtu.be/H901KdXgHs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we don't have all the materials domestically. I do hear there's a little country sitting on a fortune of rare earths, and no one would really care if we leveled it

Solar panels? Retard solar panels are so inefficient they cost more to build than money they save. So by the time they're build they'll be better technology out meaning tons of money will go to building obsolete tech.

The liberals I know who believe in climate change actually tend to believe that solar panels cause more problems then they solve

what do you mean solar panels cause more pollution from their manufacturing than they save from an equivalent amount of coal?

Oh wait, is the tariff only on solar panels being imported to the US? Cool, thats an easy talking point to shoot down

God dammit this is going to lower oil prices even more. My stock game weak right now

SOLAR PANELS AND WIND ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKING KEK SCAM IN HISTORY

baka desu senpai cuck

no image posting LMAO

BAKA DESU SENPAI KEK
KEK
KEK
KEK

fucking cucks

baka desu senpai cucks suck kek kikes

Democrats are trying to kill all white people

cuck

FUCKING KIKE FUCKING KEKS FUCKING

Solar roads are stupid. Remain a lefty if you're going to fall for that type of shit.

Solar panels are for retarded faggots.

ALL OF THESE cuck SCAMS

KEK
BAKA DESU SENPAI

>The left are trying to kill white people all over the world

There fixed it for you.

I heard someone say nukes were an effective method of strip mining. Do you know anywhere we could test this?

Solar panels produce vast amounts of silicon tetrachloride as waste in production. There's nothing 'clean' about them.

China panels are cheap only because they don't pay to recycle or store any of it, they just dump it in the countryside. Often right outside the nearest town.

remember solyndra?

an US company that developed at produced solar panals and was heavily subsidezed thanks to obama

they went belly up in 2011 at a cost to the taxpayer of half a billion dollar and the the republicans had a field day about ingoring the market etc....

the thing with the new tariff is that it is to little to build up an american production but big enough to make solar power less affordable

so it is kind of a lose lose situation right now

kinda like dynamite fishing?

Mexico. The wall costs money, but the nukes are already paid.

No shit

Well, too bad. The price at which we can make and sell things is much closer to their "real" cost. It doesn't ignore externalities as much. It doesn't use slave labor. It doesn't benefit from stolen IP. It doesn't benefit from government corruption as much (at the expense of tax payers).

Well yeah but actually the justification they gave was about increased level of heat absorption

Bump because red pill

Jews

>Solar Roads

Are you literally a retard? That idea has been debunked by everyone with half a brain.

⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⡐⡎⣥⡤⡀
⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⣤⣔⣯⡽⣹⣾⣷⡀
⣾⣇⣀⠠⢀⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⣜⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡃
⣿⣿⣿⣔⠠⠠⢀⡀⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⣯⣿⠏⠫⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣅
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣴⣾⣿⣦⡙⠠⠠⢀⣿⣿⠠⠠⠠⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣆
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢫⣿⡖⢁⠠⢸⣿⣧⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠛⠙⢿⡟⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⢀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣞⠜⣿⡇⠠⢠⣤⣄⡀⢀⠠⢸⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⣼⣿⣿⣦⢀⣠
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠁⠐⡝⠃⠠⠚⢿⡟⢹⣿⣷⠈⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⢤⣀⣀⠠⢀⣴⣿⠏⠇⠘⢿⣿
⣿⣿⡏⠉⠙⠛⠿⠿⠿⠃⠠⠠⠘⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠉⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠙⠛⠶⣿⠈⠁⢀⡄
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣀⠠⠠⠠⠃⠠⠠⢀⣴⠠⠠⣄⠠⠠⣀⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠘⠉⠹⠠⠠⡀⠁
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤⡤⡀⠠⠠⡜⠠⢡⡖⢹⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⢀⣀⠠⠠⢀⣴⢁⠸⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⣾⡇⠠⠠⠰⠶⣺⡥⠎⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⠂⠠⣀⣿⣼⡟⣿⠿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⡏⠁⠠⠠⠠⠠⣤⠄⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠠⠠⠂⢂⣽⢟⣏⢷
⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠉⠠⢾⣟⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠋⠠⠠⠠⡀⠈⠉⠠⠉⠂⠆
⠞⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠛⠉⣉⣮⣿⡆⠠⣀⠼⣼⣾⠓⢹⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠠⠠⠠⢈⠠⢀⡠⠃⠠⡄⠚
⢀⢻⣿⡇⠠⠠⠠⣀⣾⣿⣿⣿⡇⠠⠘⣷⣿⣿⠠⢾⡇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠠⠠⠠⡎⠠⢸⣧⣀⣸⠇
⣵⣾⣟⠃⠠⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠠⠠⣀⡉⠓⠠⠈⠠⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠠⠠⠠⢣⡀⢨⣿⡿⡿⣦⡄
⣿⣿⣿⠠⢰⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠠⣾⡿⢿⣇⠠⠠⢰⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠉⠠⠠⢀⣠⣼⣤⡾⣽⣇⠠⣿⠿
⣿⣿⡟⣬⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠠⠠⠠⠠⠹⠠⡾⠋⠉⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠠⠠⠠⠡⠠⠉⠟⢷⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤
⡟⢿⢷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠠⠠⠠⠠⠁⠠⠠⠠⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⠠⡇⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠉⠙⠙⠻⣿
⠠⠠⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⢸⣿⣇⣿⣿⡀⢁⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⡀⠠⣀⠠⢈
⠠⠠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠘⣿⣇⣿⣿⣇⣸⡈⠐⢀⢀⣴⣾⣷⣿⣿⠃⣼
⠠⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⠠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣤⣘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
could it be...?

it's a good move with minor repercussions for the economy. think, there is the cutting of the corporate income tax down to the level of the rest of the free world. the US is still more attractive than the shitholes out there, with it being an encouragement to move more of their operations back to US soil. dropping a few minor protectionist tariffs, mostly to offset foreign subsidies designed to be economic warfare against the US, and it would be a good part of an overall strategy to strengthen the US economy without heavy and draconian regulations. that kind of regulatory environment is rapidly increasing in places like Europe, especially since they feel they have a captive corporate audience, couple it with a rising lowering of security with progressive governments turning their nations into shitholes, and the US becomes a very attractive alternative. if the big corps decide to return home, then, any democrat that decides to stand in their way is going to be eliminated.

this is called free trade, moron

wrong, depends on climate, btw modern era solar panels with 2d material cover are pretty effective and cheap

ineffective 56rs will go full protectionism, got cicked from WTO and rot in despair

Afghanistan?

The White Left want to kill all white people across the globe.

>Solar roads
Opinion disregarded. You do not have a decent level of education.

>increased level of heat absorption

That is incredibly retarded. The manufacturing argument is much more compelling-- takes something like three decades to recoup the energy it took to manufacture it. Any additional heat absorption would be dwarfed by the vast fucking ocean we have on this planet.

Lot of those lefty senators are owned by chinese interests.

China wants us using less fossil fuels so that coal/gas is cheaper for them to buy.

You’re where I was about 3 years ago. You’ll be a Nazi before you even realize it.

20. Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc. These tactics may often be effective, but many leftists use them not as a means to an end but because they PREFER masochistic tactics. Self-hatred is a leftist trait.

21. Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists’ hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.

22. If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.

>They want to protect Illegals to exploit them for Cheap Labor
Wow it's like you're starting to wake up from a fructose induced death slumber

Goddamn can the left fucking ditch the solarmeme. Natural gas and nuclear are the future. Geothermal and hydro are ok if you're in the right location

Why wouldn't I want something available for 1/4 the price?

brazil has very much rich country, bery gud
no need ask flaten land on pays beads and mirror is accept. great samba
come to carnaval

No try a little closer to home.

Hello Ontario, how are those hydro bills after your provincial government blew all their money on unnneeded green power when you were already overflowing with hydro and nuclear.
Adding insult to injury, how many factories left after they tried to hide the cost increases on consumers by hiking the industrial power usage rates by 500%?

Omg I’m so hard just thinking about it

Unless I am wromg, the issue with solar panels is that the semiconductors available are mot transparent, so most of the light available to convert to electricity is simply blocked by the same material used to convert it. Hence why they're not efficient.
The day a transparent semiconductor is made, is the day solar panels will be useful.

>who believe climate change
Denying climate change is like denying gravity. fucking kill yourself

Lol cucked. Brain virus confirmed.

Good goy

this stupid nigger said "solar roads."

Fucking leafs. If the light passes through it isn’t doing work. They wouldn’t work if the part that makes the light useful is transparent.

Solar is inefficient and shit tier. Hydro dams and nukes are the only feasible green options, and the hippies hate those as much as coal.

>Win
>Keep playing victim card

You know the score

>Solyndra was a giant scam and left no other solar panel companies since Obongo ran them out of business for Solyndra.

the headline is misleading.
He is proposing a tariff on FOREIGN made solar panels.

duckduckgo.com/?q=tariffs on solar energy&iar=news&ia=news&t=hg

China's been dumping solar panels for a long time. Obama had a 30% tariff too.
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/chinese-solar-exports-fall-in-2016-with-global-anti-dumping-measures/

Solar is a tiny fraction of energy produced, and solar panels are a small fraction of the cost of solar (most is in the panel mounts). If you want energy independence, the logical thing is to incentivize their use. The 30% tariff won't affect much.

If a certain ex-Secretary of State hadn't sold the bulk of American uranium reserves to a certain ex-Soviet Union, we could sink the hundreds of billions of dollars we would have wasted on solar subsidies and wind wanking and built a couple hundred new Gen 4 fission plants and be completely energy independent within a generation.

The Green Party is shit now. They were subverted to be anti nationalism and anti progress.

>I'm center left but I'm starting to shift Right.
>I see everyone shitting on Trump for this, and trying to use it to play politics against him. I see NO ONE suggesting we build Solar Panels or Solar Roads here. Not a single democrat is seeking a domestic solution to this problem. Why is that? Could it have ANYTHING to do with sending all of our manufacturing jobs to China??
>The democrats don't really care about DACA or the Immigrants. They want to protect Illegals to exploit them for Cheap Labor. They don't want to give them citizenship. And they don't want Protectionist Trade Policy because they don't want to pay American Citizens to make these solar panels when they could buy them from the Chinese for a quarter of the cost

>solar roads
literal sub-thunderfoot

>cheap labor
democrats want them as voters, they want to give as many burdens citizenship as possible.

i think you're mixing 'they' with another 'they'
renewable energy still sucks. nearly all the manufacturing, implementation and administration depend on subsidies. that's where the money is, so i'd start looking there if i were you

They cant even conpete its sad

muh big oil is why solar is so shit!!!!

Can we kill them already and take it? Fucking Bitcoin miners are ruining buying every gpu and crashing the market because there isn't enough metals

>Solar Roads
That wouldn't work. Roads already get torn up by trucks and chains. A solar road would be even more susceptible to this.

Pity they don't believe the same about tesla cars

You forget about shipping as well. and I install the fucking things

You are beginning to see the truth

The left is interested in destroying America to help usher in a dominant global world order

Join the club

The problem is more to do with efficiently absorbing multiple photon energy levels to single energy levels. They've gotten to about 45% efficient at high expense, but even if you got those cheap, the big expense would still be installation.

Exactly you're starting to see that Liberals just want something to complain about so that they champion the cause and then they get more voters because of it. nothing actually gets done but people feel like it helps.

It has more to do with the fact that they can build the panels cheaper. It's also nice that they do the mining and other environmentally hazardous things associated with their production over there in China rather than us doing it over here.

Donald isn't saving or propping up the American solar panel industry with this move because Chinese shit will still be cheaper. All he is doing is making it more expensive for Americans and American businesses to choose to use solar energy.

DOJ took 6-8 billion dollars taken from corporations and funneled to left wing activists groups
Looks like Warren's consumer protections was also funneling billions to left wing activism

My theory: shutting down that type of money returns america to a center right country

Thanks Ted.

Lots of genuine Democrats like myself were driven to enlightenment by the disastrous Obama administration, Clinton's astonishingly incompetent campaign and Trump's overwhelming presence as a campaigner. Meanwhile demographic changes and generations coming of age took traditional liberalism and transformed it into hysterical lunacy with which we quickly realized we wanted no part of.

We looked back on our political life as Democrats/Liberals and saw a tired, fat, nagging ex-wife from whom we realized as an epiphany it was time to walk way for good.

Trump was there for us.

>Solar roads

An absolutely terrible idea that should not even be considered.

youtu.be/H901KdXgHs4

We've been leveling it for almost 17 years now

Solar roads are a shitty idea.

Protectionism is stupid. Anyone who advocates protectionism without a highly specific political reason is an ignoramous.

>Leftists believe gravity is caused by humans
brainlet.jpg

This is the guy who don't believe in climate change?
Daaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need a Trump clone for PM