Holy shit, I just finished Sketchbook and it was fucking incredible. It was easily the comfiest show I've ever seen...

Holy shit, I just finished Sketchbook and it was fucking incredible. It was easily the comfiest show I've ever seen. The OP and ED fill me with warmth, all of the characters in the art club were wonderful, and I loved the atmosphere. The whole show made me incredibly nostalgic and full of regrets about high school. I was also pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable the male characters were. In these kinds of shows, they tend to get on my nerves. The only aspect of it I disliked was the emphasis on the cats, with Kuma and Grey being the only ones I liked. How do you faggots feel about Sketchbook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2L7Qt7yMsqk
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's breddy gud, definitely comfy and understated. Comedy bits were hit or miss, though.

It was great but an anime just about the cats would be better.

I finished it for the first time earlier this week. It is some comfortable stuff. Just pure calming.

Also, Kate is my favorite example of a foreign transfer student in anime, purely for her pronunciation.

Literally a documentary about autism.

And that's the way I like it.

What are the picture dramas like? Are they more comedy-focused or comf-focused? Also, do they feature characters from the manga at all?
Kate is adorable. My favorite scene with her was when she got mad at that one girl's brother for not knowing what kind of art she dealt with.

youtube.com/watch?v=2L7Qt7yMsqk

Kochi ga A GRILL

Favorite Sketchbooks? Mine are Kate, Nagisa, and Negishi.

SOU NAN DES KARRRR

It's gotta be bug girl, she is just pure comfy.

the aria x sketchbook crossover image was nice

Finding out her goal and the reason why she had said goal was really neat. She's got a worldly air to her while also coming off as a little weird.

Oops, that wasn't meant to be a reply.

I just started watching this. Super comfy, takes away all my worries. It's like when I first picked up Hidamari but with less crazy visuals and not as memorable of a soundtrack.

Why are art anime/manga so comfy?

Amazing show.

RIP Yutanpo

>the comfiest show I've ever seen
Have you seen ARIA, Non Non Biyori, Hidamari Sketch or the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs? Those, along with Sketchbook, are the pinnacle of "comfy" anime, a.k.a. iyashikei.
Also, SOU NAN DESU KARR.

Sora and Kate. Autism moe is best moe.

I'm starting Aria tomorrow, I hate Non Non Biyori, and I've been meaning to watch those next two for years.

Why was I Evan Bourne?

What are you supposed to watch if you've seen all those plus Tamayura, Flying Witch, and Amanchu

>I hate Non Non Biyori

Kamichu! would be a great choice.

Kamichu, Barakamon, Binchou-tan, Mahoraba: Heartful Days

Nah. I certainly understand its appeal and why it's so beloved. I just personally don't like it at all.

Poinyu

Seen Kamichu (what a great show) and Barakamon, but I'll check out those other two.

Thanks for putting up with my shitty attempt at getting reqs.

Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro too, if you somehow haven't seen them.

Bros like you deserve them.

Iyashikei spoonfeeding is the only spoonfeeding I ever do here. I figure if someone is craving iyashikei there's a decent chance they really need the healing at the moment for whatever reason.

>tfw you want to watch GA, Hidamari Sketch, and all of the other healing shows but once you watch them, you can't watch them for the first time again

I find that if you wait a year or a couple of years between viewings you won't remember all of it the next time unless you're a savant or something.

Add Yama no Susume to the list.

>Kate-Ai

A Canadian girl falls in love with Japan.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with Japan's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls the country, and is overjoyed to find out that Nihon has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to Japan, she gets no response because Japan is a country, not a person. After some investigation, she finds out that the nation she called is not the same nation she fell in love with. In fact, this Japan doesn't exist in her universe at all. This Nihon is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

After finding out, she slammed her fist into ther palm and said, "SOU NAN DES KARR." Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of WEEABOO.

That is the case and I do tend to love these shows a second time but the first viewing is always the most magical for me so I always feel like something is lost, for me and not necessarily something in the show, after the initial viewing.

Sometimes second viewings are better. My second viewing of K-ON has been much better. My first viewing was when I was still fairly new to anime. I've been recently rewatching it and now that I've watched hundreds of anime I can really appreciate just how fucking great KyoAni's execution was.

>Kate-Ai

Fuujin Monogatari is great, if you get used to the artstyle (it reminds of Yuasa a bit)
I also find Niea_7 very comfy. But apparently I'm the only person who likes it on this board, so it must be just me.

Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

These two are the best.

>Samur-ai
A modern Sengoku comedy romance

>It-ai
A heartwarming story of an inexperienced masochist and his lover.

>Shikata ga N-ai
Love really can't be helped.

>Mit-ai
A scary faced delinquent finds love with a mysterious blind woman.

>You and A.I
A tearjerking tale of an android learning to love, only to find himself breaking down.

>Shiran-ai
An amnesic tracks down his former lover to discover his gruesome past.

>Kir-ai
The two main characters are mortal enemies who despise each other...in public. But secretly, they've fallen in love!

>Baka ja N-ai
A romcom about two idiots and their marginally smarter cast of friends.

>Kate, I...!
A Japanese man falls in love with a British noblewoman.

>Opp-ai
A woman with excess chest fat tries to win over her lolicon childhood friend.

>Otoko ja N-ai
A 4koma tomboy romance, with shotas.

>Nonde Kudas-ai
A crazy potion maker girl and her odd relationship with her lab assistant.

>Anime ja N-Ai
MC's girlfriend tries to make him realize that love in the real world is different from his anime cliches. The contrary happens.

>AI-ai
A conscious robot falls in love with a computer

>Accel-Ai
A boy falls in love with a clone.

K-ON! is definitely an exception for me. Every viewing of it makes it even better.
Also, watch Haibane Renmei and Sora no Woto.

>Fag-Ai
OP falls in love with your mom, travels back in time and creates you.

>Also, watch Haibane Renmei and Sora no Woto.
These anime are half comfy, half serious. They're also both classics and highly recommended.

>OP falls in love with your mom
>not OP falls in love with your dad

Other great half comfy, half serious anime include Mushishi and Kino no Tabi.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

It was done right, though. I feel like this is just that meme.

The funny thing about the characters is that everyone is a weirdo but in so different ways, that everyone can play the straight man.

Fuck I love Negishi's neurotic outbursts

I love when a show's power dynamics are like that. I found Gabriel Dropout to be insufferable because it had such a clear and rigid power dynamic with its cast that I knew the outcome of each situation before it happened and started to find everyone more and more annoying when they'd stick to their place in the hierarchy. Satania being the buttmonkey eventually leading to Vigne bullying her too was the point where I stopped caring entirely.
Him and Koga (that's the deadpan girl, right?) made for such a great comedic pair. Koga going on about how he'll live his life never knowing she was in that room was one of my favorite scenes featuring them.

Haibane Renmei is a legitimate classic, Sora no Wopiss is just a bad meme.
Speak of the devil.

The pissing was completely necessary.

Sora no Woto's pee episode was funny and well-executed. Only people from Sup Forums who have never actually watched the anime because the characters look like Keions complain about it.

While rewatching some episodes while falling asleep recently, I've come to find that Lucky Star is much comfier than I remember it being, even dubbed.

I thought I'd find them annoying but I ended up really appreciating every time they appeared.

haha that's pretty funny

do you have the torrent or magnet?

So-nan-desk-car?

Sketchbook Full ColorS is ninjas with sketchbooks.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ZYZ23WKR4LQBRO4V5RKM7HHTJIS3ZPSQ&dn=Sketchbook%20Full%20Color%27s%20%28Anime%29
This was posted in this thread and it wasn't by me:

But ARIA is shit.

I forgot to mention, I haven't checked everything but all of the main episodes seem to work fine and the openings in the bonus section don't work right.

Not him but why do you say that? I don't hear people show any dislike toward Aria often and I'm curious.

Search Google for 9DB83D58 and you'll find DDLs of every episode, the good release, the SpoonSubs 720p release which, while an upscale, looks much better fullscreen than the DVD rip upscaled with MadVR on max settings. I know, I tested both.
I'd just post the link but Sup Forums's spam filter didn't like the link. Use JDownloader2 to download.

The girls are not cute at all, they look like manly traps, and the MC is as annoying as the cat thing.
It is also pretty boring, trying to stay awake while watching one single episode is a chore because there's nothing interesting about the setting.

thanks, I'll try the magnet first. Google for 9DB83D58 only finds me dead links.

I appreciate your efforts to liven the thread, but you are to use a gentler bait.

As expected from delusional Ariafags, the reason why you don't hear people show dislike toward Aria often is because you only hear what you like to hear.

Curiousfag here, I was fine with what you had to say.

Oh, I'm very glad to know that the piss episode was necessary, funny and well-executed. I always thought this anime was mediocre, but now I finally see why people claim it's Haibane Renmei done right, my bad, I was wrong all along.

I'm glad you've learned the error of your ways, my man.

Cats.

NOW HE'S LOST IT
HE KNOWS HE CAN KILL
THE TRUTH EXISTS BEYOND THE GATE

I-I hope that user translates the mini book someday.

the best anime duo right after boku and pico

Tesagure Bukatsumono

A-Channel is some good shit.

Newfags leveling up with garbage

>newfags
Fuck off to some other thread. Your ego-stroking isn't needed.

It isn't ego when it's true. I highly believe the fags don't actually care to whatever they have just watched.

>it isn't ego when it's true
So it is about ego. Got it.

Amazing, you can shitpost a slow thread with minimal IPs.

Do they perform a pseudo manzai act?

Get tight to your new world full of backlog, faggot .

Some people like to head right off to the serpent's heads.

One thing that I don't like from this show is the teacher. I'm tired of eccentric and/or self-centered teacher characters. Yukari-sensei from Azumanga Daioh actively ruined scenes she was in in a show that was otherwise consistently fantastic. The teacher from this show wasn't as bad but she was still obnoxious.
Yeah, sure, whatever. Whatever floats your boat.

I loved Niea Under 7

any good manga dls/torrents?

this show needed 24 episodes or 26.

It's highly likely that they were created in a lab.

If it had that many, it'd be a top favorite.