So Sup Forums, what led you to decide to obsess over this incredibly niche medium?

So Sup Forums, what led you to decide to obsess over this incredibly niche medium?

>niche

Niche compared to normal hobbies

i hate my self so much

Aosora images?
Well they're just so wonderfully cute and grotesque at the same time.

I like animation and there's fuck all in the West

Same desu, I like detailed hand-drawn animation which there's fuck all of in the west outside of disney

By not obsessing.

I like cute things a lot.
That's it.

K-On.

Loneliness

Everyone and their parents grew watching anime in my country
I love western animation too but I can binge watch every 2008-now cartoon in less than a month, opposed to anime.

As a child I liked childish things, as a teenager I liked slightly more complicated childish things, as an adult I like children.

It was a lot of things actually.
The place where I rented my videogame time closed and I was already bored with the whole videogame thing. I got internet so I could actually download anime. And I found out the kind of anime I like.
Obsessed is a weird word. I could appear obsessed to the casual anime fan that is part time normalfag, but copared to you guys I'm the casual.

I can stop any time I want

Niche? Anime? In 2017? Are you retarded?

Have you seen modern TV?

The SAO movie made a million on the box office on opening weekend and that was considered a massive success. Anime is still niche

Smoking weed, they don't call it a gateway drug for nothing

anime led me to weed and now i cant quit doing both at the same time

>incredibly niche
>blog thread

Just another argument for why it should be kept illegal

This, nothing beats watching chinese cartoons drunk and stoned, it feels like you're in the anime when you've drank and smoked enough ime

>Dude weed!
Take cyanide and then wipe your computer clean user.

Being constantly overworked and having a shitty job Cute anime girls seemed like the only good thing in the world at the time.
I wasn't into anime all that much until i moved out and got a fulltime job.
Also, This

Most posts are somewhat personal when you think about it.

There's a difference between talking about anime/manga and talking about your life. So fuck off.

It's past bedtime and i still can't sleep, so why not, i grew up watching anime on tv and i am a second generation weeb, hanging around other weebs in high school also played a part, here is not that niche, actually i found Sup Forums because of a friend's older brother, who also is a weeb

it's free

There is so much of it that I will never be bored ever again.

underrated point, free hd anime is so easy to come by

Easy to digest, I like cute girls and I like pretty animation. What's not to like

Every other part of life sucked and I wanted variety from my animated entertainment.

Where do you live that any anime at all is considered "normal". Nobody outside obese CS students admit watching anime in my country (Germany) and it's far far from being mainstream. Everything more than "I watched Pokemon as a kid" is regarded weird by normies here.

At its best, you get some fucking out there concepts out of Japan you would never get in the west.

Can you imagine a westerner writing the insane shitshow that is Code Geass or something as enjoyably awful as Guilty Crown?