Trump Slaps Tariffs On Imported Solar Panels And Washing Machines

>Trump Slaps Tariffs On Imported Solar Panels And Washing Machines

FUCK YEAR FINALLY

>baldheadedchickenfucker.jpg

Samsung already charges $800 for a cheap android touch panel and fancy lights on their washing machines, what the fuck man.

Finally we can have Brazil tier inferior electronics made by proud black and Hispanic American union workers

They have remote apps for washing machines now, but I couldnt think of a reason to ever use it

What's the reason behind washing machines?

To wash your clothes you fucking retard.

well what if you want to put your laundry in, walk away, THEN turn it on?

Or what if you put your baby in the machine and don't remember until you walk 50 feet away? washing machine remote to the rescue

god use your brain ffs

>2000+10+5+3
>Not using a washboard

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO GET UP TO CHECK ON MY LAUNDRY AND INSTEAD JUST WANT TO CHECK MY PHONE

So they have a way to access your phone and mine it for data and sell it.

I'LL TAKE AMERICAN WASHING MACHINES WHICH ARE UNION LABOR MADE OVER CHINESE ANT PEOPLE WASHING MACHINES

shill.exe

I wish I got some cheep chingchong panels before this, but happy overall

Tell you what, I got a good idea for you.

Now go to a hardware store and buy a couple of those paint catch things, the rectangular tubs with ridges you put your brush or roller in so paint doesn't get anywhere.
Cut off the sides so you just have a flat pan and glue or whatever the two together, because surface area or some shit.
Now fill your basement sink with water and mix in the proper amount of clothes detergent, and place your new scrub board in the sink, and by hand scrub every piece of clothing up and down on the board a few times on each side.
Now go to your other sink and rinse the soapy scrubbed clothes, make sure to wring them out a bit and rerinse, because detergent is a physical agent that irritates skin if left on.

Wasn't so hard was it? Only took about 45 minutes of your life for a few days worth of clothes right? Man, ain't it time to wash the blankets and sheets?

Okay so now you need to wring out and/or let drip dry the clothes you washed by hand. So set up a clothesline or buy one of those racks/stands for drying that you can get cheap.
I mean we've gone this far what's the reason behind a dryer, yeah?

Fool. The paint catchers were made in a LatinX country.

You done been JEWED and you don't even know it.

I've been a drumpf supporter since day one but this is way too far, now I'm a shill for hill. pic related

Alright so what you need to do is go out into the wild and find yourself an untapped oil deposit. Now you're going to need to go to a hardware store and buy a welder, a gas supply, and a lot of solid steel rods. Scrap metal or steel ingots as well. You're going to need a milling machine as well as a slew of power tools, I'd suggest going pneumatic and you're going to need a gas powered generator for the field work. So you start by welding together the steel rods to make an industrial drill - ah fuck, I forgot to mention converting an old Geo Metro drivetrain into a drilling rig. That's the easy part, really. So now you need to take your steel ingots and machine them into proper drill bits - and by proper I mean 35 pound carbide or diamond infused bits the size of your head. So now rig all that together and start drilling down to the deposit. After about 7-800 feet you're going to strike, and you need to get your pump head and pump system in place after the initial pressure subsides. So now that you're pumping crude into your thousand gallon collection tanks you need to build an industrial centrifuge as well as several devices for off-gassing, pressure regulation, and thermal separation of the different oil grades.

Are you following along user?

Oh thanks god USA is finally safe from the flood of cheap solar panels! HURRAY

Okay so now you're tapping into the oil, and have the system set up to differentiate the low quality crude from the higher quality hydrocarbons, you're going to go out and procure chemical stabilizers and plasticizers. So now you take your tank of brent oil and you do a particulate filtration to remove clumps and sediment, leaving just (mostly) pure basic oil.

So now you're gonna have to brush off that high school chemistry lesson you never saw because you skipped high school and dropped out of 9th grade the final time at the age of 19.

Okay so now you need to carefully control the assimilation of your compound additives via a large mixing tank you built with your foray into welding and engineering, man that Geo was more helpful than all those sweet nights blasting Eurobeat. Okay so now you need to fire up your kiln to about 800C, place your solidifying nearly molten platipaste into your paint-catch molds, and bake them for about 2 hours.

After it's cooled off you can separate the molds and pop out your brand new All-American product. That didn't take much, and surely it's a better value than those $6 Mexishit products from Lowe's.

Do you want to add colors?
>Press Y for yes
>Press N for no

Y

Petroleum engineer spotted

>

all you need to know about Trump is his fucking combover, every morning he spends an hour inhaling hair spray fumes and tanning spray fumes, it must kill his brain cells.

then he has to go out in public with that monstrous do and dare anyone to laugh in his face, that is why he is such an ornery bastard all the time

In all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes

Stop. If it was really that easy, legally and financially, I think /pol would already be operating their own derricks and pumps.
Then we'd all be rich as fuck.

Why are we letting a 70 year old man play with footballs? Doesn't anyone in the office think it's a bit dangerous for his health?

Okay so now you've got a basic plastic formation system in place. But we want more. We want expandability. We want options. Okay so now what you're going to want to do is go down to the local industrial chemical supply warehouse and chat up their 3d hottest sales-office slave. That bit is important, because the 2nd hottest is probably the most skilled negotiator, and the 1st has Hypnotits that will probably trick you into signing up for a free real estate time share, and the 3rd just wants to be noticed. Okay so after you whittle down your supply contract to barely-break-even prices you're going to have plastic pigment-izers by the truckload. Now what you're going to want to do is have your robotized mold equipment set up for volume by color demand, I know I like those tye-dye neon 80's throwback paint catches the best, so I'm going to have about 60% of my supply line as complex mix pigment infusion production units going straight into bags and boxes carefully truck-loaded by the cheapest illegal immigrant labor money can buy. At this point I'm wondering why you're wondering why we aren't dominating the world with our almost McGuyver-Einsteinian prowess. But you're wrong, at this point I wonder why I'm so high I can see the frogs in the reflection of my computer monitor coming to kill me.

>wtf I hate the free market now
~Trumptards

Solar panels are kinda a sham to be honest.

In the entire time we've been making solar panels, we have no yet offset the energy cost of producing them by the energy they have produced.

Reducing demand and thus allowing the energy debt of solar panels to equalize is actually a good thing if you're looking to reduce overall emissions.

Solar panels are a great long term solution. But, if we are to believe the science, it was a solution we needed 20 years ago and making more now is only adding to a debt.

>YEAH BASED GOD EMPEROR TRUMP IS FUCKING US ON CHEAP POWER AND WASHING MACHINES, FINALLY.

this is why this country is in the shit you retards are getting excited about him doing things that benefits absolutely nobody and sends jobs to canada and mexico.

you sound like that typical user guy that doesn't know shit about what's he talking about.
They're a sham but they are a good long term solution but it's too late for something but don't by them so we better stop their imports.

Tbqhwy senpaitachi, solar panels are government-subsidized, so all this means is now the gubmint is buying american made instead of chinese made. Instead of building the chinese economy, were building the US economy.

Great! Jews like OP are seething.

can we lose the sanctions on russian imported weapons please daddy trump

45 minutes of pointless labor that can be done by a machine while you do something else. Why the fuck do you think it's a good idea to waste your time and energy like that just ...why? I dont understand the logic. In what world does raising a tariff on washing machines make sense. I get solar panels if you're an asshole desperately clinging to fossil fuels despite the market overwhelmingly starting to favor alternatives as the costs plummet. ...but washing machines?

>20 years ago
If we stopped all, globally, fossil fuel emissions in the 80's there would still have been a critical warming effect lasting at least until the late 21st century.
There was a point of no return and it was well before things were publicized in your face all day every day. It was before the ozone scare, it was before leaded fuels were retarding our children, and it was before the hippies stopped tripping long enough to realize that none of their current goals would do anything to actually benefit society.
Scratch that last part, the ones with influence knew fully what they were doing.
Today, this moment, if we stopped all greenhouse emission the planet would suffer from the compounded heating effect until the 2300's at least.

And it's looking more likely by the year that the undersea Arctic methane pockets are going to 'erupt' regardless of what we do. Acidifying the oceans and air, quadrupling the greenhouse effect, I could go on but it's obvious.

>solar
>cheap power
C'mon man at least pick a point that's more difficult to refute than having 2 minutes of basic research into putting panels on your roof.

Producing enough solar panels (not even the necessary batteries and other equipment) to sustain a single house is more environmentally damaging than chain smoking a pack of cigarettes is dangerous for everyone else in a locked room. Just the chemical runoff from a single Chinese solar factory turns tens to hundreds of square miles of land inhospitable for any life.

The chemical runoff from rare-earth refineries and electronics production facilities is more environmentally damaging than the transportation usage of the entire USA.

I dont understand this fatalism
>it's not going to help because it's too late so why bother lets just keep making shit worse"
It's an enviromental version of the gambler's fallacy regarding commitment. It's the kind of logic that says "well we've already given a ton of people lead poisoning so why bother fixing the problem when they're still gonna have lead poisoning ,so lets just add MORE lead to the water instead?"

Even if it doesnt matter, even if it's too late, even if it wont make a difference even. It's still a good investment to utilize resources that's only cost is minimal maintainance and set up investment and utilizes a resource which is entirely natural, omni-present and will will never, ever run out as long as this planet exists.

>is more environmentally damaging than chain smoking a pack of cigarettes is dangerous for everyone else in a locked room.
>Chinese solar factory
Found your problem user.

You seemed so damn dumb that it wasn't worth the effort to reply.
Well, you proved me right. Bravo.

>fatalism; Chinese solar factory
Educate yourself to find the real walls blocking progress to a real solution. The explosion of solar adoption only benefits the Chinese economy because they hold a complete, 100% monopoly on the refining production of all the rare-earths needed to make electronics.
That part is definitely not fake news, and Trump was right (in a roundabout way) with his quip on Chinese involvement in a "global warming scam.".
In an overall view of the system,
Solar. Pollutes. As. Much. As. It. Removes.
If not more.

>lead poisoning
Fallacious comparison. I wasn't saying leaded gas caused more or less CO2 pollution just as I wasn't saying acid doped hippies throwing away values was doing anything to the air at all. It was a timeline of problems for scope.
Chemical engineering, automotive technology, and a forced reduction in power output had found a way to not require high-lead gasoline for the operation of vehicles.
You cannot compare the output of a heavy metal which removes itself from the system (relatively) rapidly to air contamination of a gas soluble light molecular compound which remains in circulation for decades.

>investment; minimal cost; the sun is free
I already explained how producing electronics is massively damaging. Not even 10% of this country alone even uses solar in any net-positive way. Imagine if you will 80% of the world (which can afford to) jumps ship to solar, solar, solar. Imagine the world cranking out tens of tonnes of harsh chemical pollution into the environment, every single day, for years. This isn't "harsh chemical" like CO2 and NOX, this is cancer-causing life threatening ocean-killing crop-inhospitable chemical pollution comparable to a Chernobyl catastrophe for every city with a population >=100k.
Congrats, we've traded the burning sky for global acid-wastes.

Really? I've just been doing my laundry in the bathtub for the last few years.

>The chemical runoff from rare-earth refineries and electronics production facilities is more environmentally damaging than the transportation usage of the entire USA

Why do you care? Why the fuck would Trump care? He's only doing it to make more money.

I work a really dirty job, simply swishing my clothes around in soapy water ain't gonna do it. Probably would work fine for the majority, so power to you, save that money.

con't

There are different viable alternatives for short-term or sustained control of our heating problem. Nothing is perfect, but as I explained simply stopping all greenhouse production still leaves us dying, and simply going all-solar creates a more awful scenario.
It's technically more viable to mass produce atmospheric carbon scrubbers powered by industrial nat-gas furnaces than by solarizing every square inch of desert. You can't just wind- or solar-power infrastructure or critical equipment, because it would need to be one of two things:

Either tremendous fields of turbines and/or panels in an area that gets shit tons of wind and/or light all the time, backed by massive arrays of batteries,
Or you're in a worse latitude for solar to be viable, in which case for "renewable" infrastructure to work there would have to be trillions of dollars of investment into....massive arrays of panels, turbines and batteries.
Because a gas supply can run 24/7 without pause. But the sun is only useful for hours out of the day even with the best solar-tracking lens-amplified 52% efficient stupid-expensive ridiculously hard to make organic based units, and wind is never a constant.

What we can do, with ideas explored in the fucking 70's, is spray sun reflecting or cloud seeding aerosols into the atmosphere.
I'm all for reducing emissions per capita and as a whole. I want cleaner, safer air that contributes less and less and less to the cliamte change problem.

We have 900+ million massively developed people in North America and Europe. We have almost 40% of China hitting the equivalent of America's industrial golden age. We have a rapidly growing India. The rest of the world is catching up in the next 20 years.
Solar. Will not. Help.
It will hurt.