Proof that anime can be objectively good?

Proof that anime can be objectively good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rxN2iYYCPU
gineiden-anime.com/
twitter.com/gineidenanime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No such thing as objectively good.

I suppose there is. Mind posting an example though?

There is, not every thing constitutes of a subjective opinion. Otherwise humans wouldn't be able to agree on anything.

Are you trying to imply that humans can't have very common subjective opinions which just happen to line up?

He just did.

>pretentious genre fiction
>good
What a fucking joke. Go back to jerking off to your copy of Frank Herbert's Dune you absolute brainlet.

You are implying that subjectivity of humans are not different from eachother.

Objectively good implies that there is an absolute, universal good that exists even in the absence of men, and that is false.

Of course it's pretentious, how dare an anime try and have a sophisticated narrative or even dare to focus on having a good story?
Kemono Friends.

These sophistic ramblings are laughably pathetic. You do realise neither of you are intellectually competent enough to tackle this subject in a competent manner and therefore aren't going to bring up anything productive enough to make someone re-evaluate their views, right?

>sophisticated
>LOTGH

Good yes, but not perfect.

Google says otherwise.

>anime in general
>good

Keion

Ok Quentin.

I forgot his name but google helped me out

They are all the time though. I'm actually saying that even if they are different, some opinions can be universal to some extent, to the point that they are very common and may seem to people like they are objective. One such example would be "Murder is bad." This is not an objective truth, it is a subjective opinion. It is however such a common sentiment that within the framework of human society it really feels like an objective truth to a lot of people.
Stop projecting brainlet.

Gonna have to be more specific

Not him, but you're gay

Calling "murder is bad" a subjective opinion is trivializing the casualties of mankind.

>Objectively
>in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions.

Calling the causalities of mankind bad is a subjective opinion

It is subjective though.

You should at least state your criteria for what objectively constitutes a good or bad anime. Only then, and only we agree on the conditions, we can properly discuss the matter. Otherwise the resulting discussion will be pointless and confusing.
>Otherwise humans wouldn't be able to agree on anything.
Assuming you're talkinyg about art, I don't think there is any work universally considered good or bad.
Euphoric.

Yes and?

Your brain sits in-between the input of information and any outputted judgement. Any determination you or anyone makes is influenced by personal feelings or opinions.

At best you can approximate objectivity much like you approximate the laws of the universe with equations.

>Mankind
>Objectively worth anything in the larger scale of things
I mean I love humanity and like most people I have met. I feel that it would be a real shame if we were to go extinct and I don't really want any unnecessary casualties either, but let's be real here.

heehoo

Are you offended by the idea that you need to speak for yourself?

I'd like to be real yes, how do you suppose the larger scale of things surpass the mankind?

>how do you suppose the larger scale of things surpass the mankind?
Not him but there is no way of knowing really.

>Are you offended by the idea that you need to speak for yourself?
what?

You seem to fail to understand the meaning of objectivity, and in doing so are proving my point.

Have you braced yourself?

Jibun wo

Good and bad are inherently subjective because they are judgements of value and no object can have inherent value without a subject attributing said value to it using criteria which are necessarily arbitrary. Unless you believe in God or some similar form of absolute good, then I guess you'd have to believe in objective good, because you have a universal subject that's more special than all other subjects, but there's also a bunch of problems that entail with that.

Approximating objectivity defines that objectivety exists to some degree, therefore neglecting opinions as subjective is wasted work.

>voltaire
>sophisticated

YAMEROOO

>I'd like to be real yes, how do you suppose the larger scale of things surpass the mankind?
Depends on the system of measurement. We can use countable values such as atoms, bacteria and energy, in which case mankind only takes up a small part of the universe and even if we died these things would still remain. We could use the overall impact we have on the universe to measure it, in which case we're really not worth anything. Or maybe we'll use the complexity of lifeforms and compare ourselves to other potential lifeforms, in which case we honestly have no way of knowing the answer right now. Overall though, we don't matter that much.

>Approximating objectivity defines that objectivety exists to some degree
nigga go read Plato

A sequel would've been better.

I'll never be ready, but I'll watch it anyway.

He's objectively good.

Don't dirty the thread with that name.

An object is something that is equally "outside" of everyone and therefore can be seen the same way by everyone(as opposed to your unique subjective perspective). Which is why standardized measurements are objective. The issue with calling a show "objectively good" is the second word not the first. We can all agree using objective arguments that x or y was done well or bad. What we can't objectively agree on on is whether or not that makes something good.

You'll reach a point where you're trying to argue that your taste is objective at some point which is nonsense because that's subjective.

>Overall though, we don't matter that much.

Go acquire yourself some taste and stop being an edgy teenager.

Has anyone here read the novels? It was pretty disappointing compared to the anime. A lot of details i were expecting in the novels weren't there and characters not named Yang or Reinhard have zero presence. At least its fun reading it in the voice of the narrator.

There's not reason to only like one and not the other.

>You'll reach a point where you're trying to argue that your taste is objective at some point which is nonsense because that's subjective.
This

You're correct, my post didn't imply the contrary. People with taste like both.

I hope they have smartphones this time.

boku no pico

>people still would defend democracy in the face of an enlightened autocrat such as Reinhard.

Why are people so dumb?

Using term objectivity in art doesn't mean what you said. It means "an absolute, universal good regardless of one's preferences".

>GoyQuentin
Nice lad who makes some decent posts on /christian/ but is too biased against Nippon even though arguably Nippon is more Christian in most ways than western society.

On topic, Porco Rosso is a masterpiece and is Miyazaki's magnum opus.

You can't call other people's opinion subjective because you can't read feelings.

>Reinhard
>enlightened autocrat
oy vey

youtube.com/watch?v=0rxN2iYYCPU

>site renewed
>official twitter opened
>official event announced for September
Was there even a shitstorm thread about this?
gineiden-anime.com/
twitter.com/gineidenanime

No, go make one.

御意

I'll make one later, hopefully someone will translate.

>implying Oberstein wasn't the real jew, behind westerland

oy vey indeed

Poor Rubinsky fails even at being the jew of the story.

One is a fun, enjoyable show with well written characters. Exposure to the other causes you to turn into the kind of shit eater who thinks he's smart enough to discuss philosophy while only capable of retarded argumentation consisting of of "is killing objectively bad?" and "we are all just cosmic dust my duuuude" existential nihlism.

Take your moeshit to

Dedicated thread is live.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums retard. Most people here like most anime.

fuck off to

What?

too much for your brain to process ? brainlet ?

I told the guy to fuck off to Sup Forums because he seriously thinks "moeshit" doesn't belong on Sup Forums and then you told me to go there for no reason.

>It's a Rubinsky doing petty behind the scenes scheming with his bitch scene.

Are you a newfag too?

No you.

Why would I belong on Sup Forums? Are you retarded?

Are we spamming now?