Why does every isekai manga have to have fucking slaves?

Why does every isekai manga have to have fucking slaves?

Is Japan so beta that they can't imagine girls willingly forming a relationship with them?

In most cases they don't even fuck their own slaves. Japanese "men" are sissies.

Because it's literally another world based on the middle ages, you dumb shit.

You can literally buy a slave right now, from the comfort of your 21st century home.

Just because they fucking exist doesn't mean you have to purchase one.

In case you didn't realize, isekai is the pinnacle of self insert wish fulfillment drivel.

These girls actually outmaneuvered him perfectly though.

They don't want to become sex slaves so they established the terms of their slavery contract themselves and coaxed him into agreeing with it. But as battle slaves they don't need to worry about dying either since MC is an ungodly overpowered motherfucker. It's the best arrangement they could ask for.

Yes.

at least there's no adventurer's guild and jrpg elemen-OH WAIT

He doesnt want slaves though
Why dont they go their own way?

Because muh honor

No you can't. In most of the free world owning a slave is against the law. If you're talking about Russian mail order brides then HARR HARR HARR, those bitches are not slaves and you have another thing coming if you believe that.

I dont like this

>Why does every isekai manga have to have fucking slaves?
Because it is better to enslave criminals and orphans to make use of them instead of throwing them into jail and orphanages that wastes taxpayer's money.

But slaves are commonplace in the other world, if others think it's perfectly okay to own slaves obviously I should adopt the same mindset, because who ever heard of having your own moral compass? Living in harmony with society should always be your number one priority, that's just how us "virtuous Japanese" roll, yep!

What's wrong with owning slaves though?

Source on this I can't find it. Been on a isekai streak pls no bully

Same goes for enemies. A life in dignified slavery is better than having your head chopped off because you're of no worth. Of course, the exact system of slavery would depend where exactly you're captive and you might just end up being raped to death by a donkey or something.

Nothing.
Especially if they're degenerate beastkin filth. Trash should know their place in the world, they should be thankful to be serving humanity in the first place.

Wortenia Senki

Thank you!

Is this the meme isekai where a Japanese high schooler murders a bunch of trained soldiers with his bare hands because muh deadly Japanese martial arts training folded one thousand times?

Let's see
Most isekai that has slaves have evil nobles, merchants, slavers making a living out and enriching themselves selling manpower.
Most of them are somewhere in the middle ages period which doesn't have the slavery is bad mindset.
Enslaving POWs, criminals, and orphans are a good way to utilize useless and sometimes detrimental undesirables.

Wortenia Senki

It's pretty okay so far if you ignore the fact that the MC is a complete sociopath who didn't bat an eye after murdering a dozen humans, some who were innocent bystanders, with his bare hands. Ignoring that bit of poor characterization, there's nothing too bad about it yet.

>Slavery is widespread
>Slaves are treated awfully by everyone because of this, no one really likes being a slave
>Characters have been in slavery for a long time and have been treated poorly
>They hate their master and the situation they're in.
>But as soon as special snowflake MC shows a little bit of kindness they become so submissive that they will lick his boots clean and have no intention of gaining any sort of freedom or own end to themselves.

This is why isekai with slaves are so fucking stupid.

>>It's pretty okay so far if you ignore the fact that the MC is a complete sociopath who didn't bat an eye after murdering a dozen humans, some who were innocent bystanders, with his bare hands
That sounds great, actually. Is it an actual character trait of his, or is it just piss-poor writing?

Didn't he tell them to fuck off later?

Some say the former, I feel the latter. But either way, it's only the lack of reaction that felt wrong to me, the rest about the situation is pretty plausible and once the moment is past it's no longer an issue.

Offical tier list
>Great
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Rayearth
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative
>Good
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna
>Okay
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- No Game No Life
- Youjo Senki
- Dungeon Defense
- Mondaiji
>Bad
- Release that Witch
- Bluesteel Blasphemer
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Slime Tensei
- My Pet Is a Holy Maiden
- Koihime Musou
- Dog Days
- Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
- Knights and Magic
- Duel Savior
- Eien no Aselia
- Tsuki ga Michibiku
>Total garbage
- Arifureta
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Seirei Gensouki
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves
>Not isekai
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Paying to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
- Utawarerumono

You post this every thread and it's shitty every time.

Took a peek at the first chapter, it's shit, alright.

Except that's is actually realistic?
The slaves know that their lot in life is fucked and they're highly unlikely to ever taste freedom so as soon as they get a master who seems to treat them even slightly better than average they'll go into full boot-licking mode to curry favor and leave a favorable impression so they don't get sold off again.
What about this scenario doesn't make sense?

>Good:

>- Mushoku Tensei
>- Overlord
>- Shield Hero

>GOOD

Hahahahaa.
Cancer.

user, please. Tell us what you think a slave would do in such a situation?
Run off and get killed?
Fight back and get killed?
Be a snarky cunt that either gets raped, beaten, killed or sold off?

By the genre's standards, they certainly are.

They're garbage.
Shield Hero especially.

Take the MC up on his offer to free themselves?

Sometimes the MC is so fucking generous he not only offers them freedom but a whole bunch of money to get them started in life.

But they don't take the offer because "MUH MASTER TOO KIND I WANT TO FOLLOW YOU FOREVER".

Not by modern isekai standards and you know it.

Oh, well that explains it.

>and they're highly unlikely to ever taste freedom
Except, you know, the guy literally tells them to fuck off.

You guys all think that it would be impossible to run away? Really? You think it's impossible for refugees to find peace in another country when they get invaded as well?

The super special MC is giving you a chance to have new life at some place better than this one with your own freedom. Any sane person would choose the chance to leave.

>okay
>Re:Zero

>be slave to an overpowered MC overflowing with wealth who provides you three square meals a day and pampers you in return for completing trivial tasks
>or be freed and end up on the streets with not a copper coin to your name to either starve to death or get enslaved again
Gosh this is such a hard decision to make.

Isekais are based on medieval fantasy tropes.

Medieval fantasy features slavery, magic, elves, orcs, etc

Its fucking standard. Whitewashed history that's being taught in US removes all the negative parts of medieval life. War/slavery/rape was common in medieval life.

>Slave taking the offer to free themselves
>Only to be captured by human traffickers and become slaves again
Yeah, definitely better than serving under and sucking up to a kind and generous master.

>Good
>I'm a Spider
That's some next level shit taste.

>or be freed and end up on the streets with not a copper coin to your name
He offered them a literal sackful of money and they're both powerful mages.

>You guys all think that it would be impossible to run away? Really? You think it's impossible for refugees to find peace in another country when they get invaded as well?
Are you retarded, user?
A refugee is not a slave. Refugees can take half their belongings with them as they leave, food, clothes, tools, wealth. Things that can help them start again, or continue their lives. What does a slave have? Where does the slave go? Who do they seek help from? Slaves are almost always branded or marked in some manner, so they'd have to stay hidden and slave hunters would be after them at every step, looking to turn them into a brutal example of what happens to slaves who try to escape. They have no wealth, no food, no clothing, no tools. They may not even speak the local language.

By your retarded logic, civilians shouldn't exist because they'd get caught by human traffickers and sold into slavery.

Even if they were offered to be freed and given money to start over, only a few would risk it.
Being a slave to a strong kind and generous person guarantees security, food, clothing. shelter and immunity from falling into slavery again and sold to a worse master.

This happens to poor civilians all the time, yes.

Not just in isekai but in real life.

Why are you talking about things you didn't read?

The slaves in question are former nobles, well educated and powerful mages. They are offered freedom and a shit-ton of cash.

>so beta that they can't imagine girls willingly forming a relationship with them?
Yes.
If you'd been around women you'd understand.

Two reasons:
1. Easy way to show the MC's moral superiority, by not condoning slavery.
2. Otaku are so beta that they can't imagine girls willingly approaching them.

Will we ever get an isekai like Escaflowne again?

To emphasize how kind and civilized the MC is in the most shoehorned way possible.

Except they're not fucking peasants, they're powerful magicians and they wouldn't be poor, they were offered a sackload of money.
>Even if they were offered to be freed and given money to start over, only a few would risk it.
Yeah, sure. When given the choice to continue to be a slave or to start anew with a sizeable amount of money, most people would prefer to stay in bondage and hope master doesn't fuck them over too hard.

Offical tier list
>not garbage ranging from okay to great.
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Rayearth
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative
>complete garbage
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- No Game No Life
- Youjo Senki
- Dungeon Defense
- Mondaiji
>Bad
- Release that Witch
- Bluesteel Blasphemer
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Slime Tensei
- My Pet Is a Holy Maiden
- Koihime Musou
- Dog Days
- Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
- Knights and Magic
- Duel Savior
- Eien no Aselia
- Tsuki ga Michibiku
- Arifureta
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Seirei Gensouki
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Paying to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
- Utawarerumono

Ftfy

Have you ever heard of learned helplessness?

>Is Japan so beta that they can't imagine girls willingly forming a relationship with them?

Well it's not like they fuck slaves in those shitsekais. It's just the first thing which comes into their minds about medieval age while writing another shitsekai and trying to be "unique and not like others", and add something "new".

Common medieval things like kings, knights, castles are so common in your usual shitsekai that they have to look at something "new" without understanding that it's still same unoriginal shit.

Ever heard of slave raids? Barbary slave raids? Arab slave trade? Dnieper/Viking/North-Eastern European slavery? All of them involved a shit-ton of attacks on civilian communities, specifically kidnapping people and forcing them into slavery.

>Why are you talking about things you didn't read?
If you're talking about the manga specifically, then mention it. If you're talking loosely about slaves running away, then I'll assume you're talking about slaves running away. I'm not psychic, you know.

>1. Easy way to show the MC's moral superiority, by not condoning slavery.
Except they always end up as spineless hypocritical cowards who are unwilling to clearly condemn slavery and are willing to indulge in it if their slave insists that they are "happy" with the arrangement.

what part? the setting? if that's the case I can go for it.

if it's a girl falling on everyone's cock, yeah, I can pass on that.

Hitomi made watching that show painful

We're not talking about the specific situation in the OP, but a general what if scenario.

>Recently freed slave with a ton of money
>Get mugged by ruffians and drunks
>Get caught by slavers
>Get sold to a more abusive owner

yes

I'd be fine with it if they actually treated them like slaves.

I can't believe this guy is 16 Senki

>It's the best arrangement they could ask for.
Except for not being some asshole's slaves, right?

>OH MAN BEING A FREE PERSON WITH A TON OF MONEY SURE SUCKS BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET KIDNAPPED AND ENSLAVED
Or you could, you know, use that fucking money and take countermeasures.

And how exactly does the slavery harm them? They clearly want to follow the asshole around, so why not do it like that?

Or you could be this guy and use them as raw material for SCIENCE.

Or
>Be slave forever
>Rely everything on one person's whim over everything you do.
>If master dies then what?
>Super powerful guy is nice but will he forever? Remember when you were nice to people you first met and then hated them when they did something wrong now think if that was your master who had absolute power over you

Anyone would rather take a chance with your life, nothing is fucking safe.

Have you ever heard of not talking about things you didn't read? They haven't even been slaves for long. And the slaves in isekai are almost never portrayed to be institutionalized.

>Ever heard of slave raids?
Ever heard of civilians still existing in this world despite that because nobody wants to be a fucking slave? Ever heard of slave revolts, runaway slaves?
>Recently freed slave with a ton of money
>Get mugged by ruffians and drunks
>ruffians and drunks are now fucking dead because they were powerful magicians in the first place and not fucking stupid enough to wander into whatever dark alley your scenario takes place in

Oops.

This thread smells of burgerclaps

>And the slaves in isekai are almost never portrayed to be institutionalized.
Huh what? Slavery in isekai is almost ALWAYS institutionalized, complete with slavery laws, markets, and contracts.

You know slavery exists illegally in every country that has it banned, right?

Cellar anarchist, go and stay go.

The funny thing, is that in China, which was Japan's primary cultural influence, slavery though practiced by the Zhou largely fell out of fashion following the Qin Dynasty, and unlike other large civilizations in Europe and the Middle East, China was not a heavily slave-based society.

They did have occasional limited use for "slaves", such as eunuchs who were the property of the imperial court, or putting prisoners taken in war into indentured servitude, again the property of the court. But the average person was not allowed to own slaves, multiple emperors issued edicts reiterating the outlawing of slavery, and on the whole China did not have large profitable slave trading institutions like, for example, the Romans did.

Given that it's pretty interesting Japan's obsession with slaves and slavers.

That's a far cry from your average citizen not even batting an eye at the idea of slavery and slave auctions being held in the public square.

I guess that's why I never see slaves in all those Chinese WN.

the only reason you find the idea of slavery to be offensive is because some kike in public schools pushing a black-victimhood narrative brainwashed you into believing that it's against the rules to own another human being. Never mind the fact that you basically are owned by your parents, by your career, by your government through various forms of social contracts, peer pressure, and other forms of coercion.

Why the fuck are you idiots falling for such a bait topic?

>Given that it's pretty interesting Japan's obsession with slaves and slavers
It's a subtle form of nationalism, really.

Japanese writers seize on the most cliched, famous faults of historical western civilization, of which slavery is a. biggie, and blow them up to a cartoonish degree in their fictional isekai civilization obviously loosely based off medieval Europe so that their enlightened Japanese protagonists can swoop in and display how obviously superior the Japanese moral fiber is.

People want to talk about the isekaishit but can't do it openly.

I have read it. It does not take years for someone to develop learned helplessness it depends on how strong the punishments are and how little locus of control they have.

comfort women

Where's muh boy Hifumi?

Nah, I'd say that Shield Hero is bad enough to warrant being bottom-tier.

>People want to talk about the isekaishit but can't do it openly
Who's fucking stopping them?

No, people are sick of it since it's literally EVERYWHERE in isekai

This is an isekai thread where people complain about isekai knowing that it has good potential but writers are so fucking unimaginative that it's ridiculous. And also slavery is always looked down on by the MC which is almost always the author's self-insert.

Sup Forums is going all out in this thread
>slavers dindu nuffin
You should "dindu nuffin" to yourselves.

>But they don't take the offer because "MUH MASTER TOO KIND I WANT TO FOLLOW YOU FOREVER".

oh fuck off you stupid cunt. lets objectively look at what being the slave of a japanese protag means

>you get to eat like a king
>you get wealth. positions, power
>you can wear the best clothing
>your housing and medical costs are taken care of
>you pretty much dont have to do any kind of real work

this is basically the end game goal of ever single fucking person on this planet who works some dead end job and you're gonna pretend its some 'terrible thing' because you cant stop associating the word slavery with what a handful of assholes did to some black guys for like 10 years on some god forsake sugar plantation in the 1700s.

Yes, exactly that. It's because they need a reason why the girl wouldn't run the fuck away.

The thinking is that "Oh, she'll like me when she REALLY gets to know me." because no sane woman would stick around the would-be reader without crying rape.

I'll add that slaves have REALLY low standards, too. "Not being beaten" and "not being raped to sleep every night" are miracles for them. You have to understand that the reader is so pathetic, they can't even pretend to be particularly likeable.

It's like being awarded a prize for being Japanese. Or have every girl about to jump on your dick, because you're literally the only man in existence.

Oh, wait. The last one is actually an isekai manga, Parallel Fantasy. (It's also the plot of World End Harem, with the hilarious note that the protagonist doesn't want to fuck anyone.)

They can't reach some mutually beneficial agreement where they follow the guy around without being his property?

You just noticed?

>BEING A SLAVE IS BAD BECAUSE BEING A SLAVE IS BAD

you are literally retarded.

I just popped in thinking it'll be another one of those fairly civil isekai threads.
Turns out it's burgerclap primetime.

>Reads isekai
>Complains because about the poor writhing

I bet you watch hentai and then complain because is lewd.

Of course not, that's why the MC has to save them and give the girls a debt of gratitude because the author doesn't understand how people mingle together.