What do you think of One Punch Man Season 2 finale?

The Boros fight including moon kick was Murata's idea

Gouketsu fight was ONE's idea

Who did the final fight of the season better?

Beautiful

>Gouketsu fight
I didn't see any fight

What if the head landed on him? Would Saitama be a murderer?

Is Gouketsu stronger than Boros?

I audibly laughed at that scene

>Immediately killed Gouketsu
Now I've lost it.

I know I can kill

loved this frame

I think anime only fans will be mad there wasnt another Boros level fight, but I'm looking forward to seeing this animated

Season 2 will flop so we'll never get the Garou vs Saitama fight

I think Gouketsu's death was kinda pointless here.
Should've used him to hype up someone else in my opinion.

Gouketsu is weak as fuck. He got btfo in a matter of seconds and can't regenerate.

Maybe with the death of the anime all the retards will flock to something else then.

>It would take Saitama and team of best S class heroes to kill Gouketsu
God, Genos is a fucking retard.

I'd say Gouketsu is on par with the Sea King

I know you're most likely trolling but I'm seriously afraid Index 3 has more chance of being animated than Garou vs Saitama at this point

>season 2 ends with Gouketsu
>end announces movie
>movie covers MA arc

What a shitty anime. They completely off paneled wdm vs gary.

Nah, Sea King was high Demon, Gouketsu was mid Dragon
Genos could fight on around the same level as Sea King, yet even though he's stronger now than before, he thought Gouketsu was on a completely different level than any other monster

Gouketsu is atleast a above average dragon level threat
Sea King was either the strongest demon threat or one of the lowest dragon level threats.

He's not even stronger than one black sperm

i just wanna see tats's freakout and saitama trying to chill her out as she throws him through buildings and into the centre of the earth n shit animated tbqh

I don't know, I thought it was nice having a double realization from Suiryu, like "The dude's fucking invincible, did you get the memo?", kinda feels like your average power thread whenever Saitama's involved on a meta level. Plus the litteral head served on a plate was a nice touch.

Surprisingly though, the entire 1st half of Season 2 could be up to Tournament Arc.
>Ep. 1 - King
>Ep. 2 - Fubuki + Sonic
>Ep. 3 - Garou 1
>Ep. 4 - Garou 2
>Ep. 5 - Martial Arts Tournament
>Ep. 6 - Martial arts Tournament Finale

As for 7 to 12, it just depends on how the MA will progress. Murata did say in the stream that the current Tournament Arc is not enough for Season 2

Gouketsu was already on his leave so I think it's weird that Saitama found him so quickly.
I think the point you bring up was already made when he fucked up Bakuzan.
I think it'd have been nice to use Gouketsu to show the viewer the difference in the levels of power in the next MA Arc compared to this one.

They already started production you fucking troglodyte.
Murata has even to wait fro ONE's draft so there's no way the anime staff have them before him.

>ONE's draft
It's officially the MA Arc, he doesn't need to wait for a draft

Sure that's why Murata said there won't be any chapters for a month because ONE is taking a 1 month break.

You just now noticed?

Production of the anime usually begins for the first 3 episodes, and then they try to do the rest within the span of the entire show. This is done because they would have to dedicate their animators to other projects as well. So they can't solely focus on one show while leaving behind their other projects. So although they did begin production, don't think that they'll finish the entire thing before they actually air it.

He's taking a break again? Wasn't that discussion weeks ago?

I just want to know the chances of season 3 happening because if this shit means that the Garou fight will never be animated I'm done with this series

>God, Genos is a fucking retard.
See, Genos didn't realise that the higher S classes are not as suicidally careless as he is. He is using his own metric, which was "getting hit once, lose an arm, getting hit twice, get knocked out of action.

By firepower alone, Genos is high up. But what keeps him from reaching the top is good defences.

>Season 3
I've heard that Netflix and other foreign Companies are willing to fund the series as well as long as they continue. It's a money making series.

I'm so conflicted as a fan of this manga.

On one hand I love the world, the side characters, Murata's beautiful artwork (not ONEs comic), the monster vs. hero general plot, and witty dialogue.

Except I hate the core narrative of this manga. I do not like that Saitama is the most powerful being in the universe and that he can end every fight with 1 punch (with main villains taking a few more).

For example, I loved 95% of this chapter. The only part I didn't like was Gouketsu being off-paneled. I knew it was coming but I was hoping for at least a small skirmish.

How does everyone in this thread constantly enjoy this parodical trope? Does it not get boring for you to always know there will never be any true stakes in this manga? Saitama is for all intents and purposes a god. As long as he is around (even if he is playing video games with King) the world is ultimately safe.

I have loved most of this manga, but I'm conflicted because the parts/aspects of it that I love the most either have zero Saitama involvement, or just a little bit.

P.S I actually like the character of Saitama himself, but not what he represents and how ridiculously OP he is. Also, yes I get that this is the point of series, that it is a parody, but that doesn't mean I have to like the parody.

>I think the point you bring up was already made when he fucked up Bakuzan.

But it wasn't, hence Suiryu's reaction to Saitama heading off to fight Gouketsu. Bakuzan's death made Suiryu realize Saitama is REALLY strong, but Gouketsu's cemented him as being simply unbeatable, something not even Genos has realized at that point.

This. Why wouldn't people think this series won't get a Seeason 3? It's pretty popular.

bad decision to offscreen gouketsu

the whole point of making him so powerful and arrogant is for the fans to see his reaction the moment he loses

>Saitama is for all intents and purposes a god. As long as he is around (even if he is playing video games with King) the world is ultimately safe.

Not like there are many action manga out there that leave the world in complete and utter destruction. OPM simply takes the other way around by facing the reader with a simple statement, Saitama being unbeatable, and build different variations around that.

If you haven't read the webomic though, I suggest you strap in because you're in for a ride.

In the west. Murata said he can't even feel the popularity of OPM in Japan and he said this while OPM was airing in Japan.

If you wrote the story then you could easily change that part.
Saitama was handling Bakuzan even easier than Gouketsu did so if I was in charge of the plot I'd just have Suriyuu see Saitama as ace against him in the future.

No, the whole point of making him so powerful and arrogant (which he isn't? He clearly stated there are far more powerful monsters out there, if anything he's pretty humble by monster's standards) was precisely that, to kill him off-screen.

clearly he had no face for the moment he lost

You can accomplish the exact same thing by having him get stomped easily, by say garou

Offscreening him only does it in a poorer fashion while simultaneously removing the satisfaction of seeing him lose

Why Saitama killed a Human.

>human

seems bad writing to me. It's like he just kills randomly and spare the likes of Garou, Sonic, Hammerhead.

The truth exists beyond the gate

And how come he did not find out that they were just human?
Just looking?

There's stakes because while Saitama is super strong, he isn't perfect nor omnipotent. He can't be everywhere. He tends to be late. He makes mistakes.

What are you even talking about? Neither Gouketsu nor Bakuzan were human anymore and Garou never became a monster
There's no inconsistency in Saitama's actions

>Offscreening him only does it in a poorer fashion while simultaneously removing the satisfaction of seeing him lose

Isn't that the point? What better way is there to show how little Gouketsu's strength matters in the face of Saitama's power than by not even showing his actual doom? Those nitpicks at the readers is what OPM is all about, you're pretty much constantly cockblocked throughout the whole thing.

He's always late because of bad writing.
Hurr durr I have to go to toilet. hurr durr i'm stuck with a retard and his sword.

I like both

>Isn't that the point?

The point has been the same since the beginning, it's the premise of the manga. It's just executed poorly.

He was killing humans right from the chapter 3.

According to your logic, all the villain fights would be made better if they cut off a 2 days later scene with a news reporter saying "in other news so and so was defeated"

I enjoy it because of the fact that Saitama exists pretty much. I've seen a great deal of hero filled, action stuff with good characters, but this would not really stand out to me that much if it didn't have him there. I don't want there to be "true stakes" because I've seen that play out so many goddamn times.

Pretty much I prefer having Saitama be overpowered simply because I have been bored after seeing the same "stakes" you present.

>anime original plot

I want my live action movie done by America.

Season 1 covered 37 chapters, and this week wegot Chapter 75.

There is already material for 1 cour, without counting filler.

What was its treat level?

Dragon

This Is very different from
This To all you know, he could be only knocked out.

Genus mentions turning into a monster means becoming an entirely different being. Monsters aren't human anymore.

Gouketsu punched his head so hard he doesnt know what he is saying.

He was picturing King being super buffed.

>It's just executed poorly.

It's not just that, they didn't even bother with the execution. Which, again, is the joke. That you find it lazy and a waste is completely up to you.

That's not my logic, that's ONE's. Gouketsu was just yet another opponent for Saitama, but because it always ends the same way doesn't mean it's identical. Each time you'll find subtle variations that keeps the concept fresh (for me at least). The question is not "will he beat him?" (and 90% of time, yes, action manga protagonists do), but anything else that revolves around his inevitable win, which can be pretty much anything you want. OPM started off as a webcomic which means ONE had full liberty and control over his work, so why did he decide to include such a limiting rule such as Saitama always winning his fights? Because you actually perform better with clear restrictions, and try to play with them rather than work against them, rather than just hoping in thinking you can do whatever you want and ultimately have the rules that others or you yourself set up bite you back in the ass later on.

>becoming an entirely different being.

Yes. Garou only put on a monster costume.

Is this series dead?

Mutation is not Trancendence.
>Mutation != Trancendence

Cancer is a Mutation
Even dolly is still a sheep.

*Transcendence
shit

is Orochi even alive? will ONE meme us?

will WDM + Garou be off-paneled, too?

TFW Orochi got hemorrhoids so he can't get up

>tfw Orochi has been sleeping the entire time

>Orochi is abducted by aliens and it becomes an omake

If they are gonna take out Gouketsu like that they should have made Saitama killed him on the way to the stadium. It would have been a better gag.

>Gouketsu's head falls on Bakuzan and kills him

Why is MS so based?

They cleared up something user couldnt translate properly.

1) When Saitama is telling Suiryu "better luck next time" after defeating Bakuzan, it's about the tournament next year, not another monster fight
2) It's definitely Genos who is talking about Gouketsu in those panels, not Suiryu
3) On that note, Genos doesn't think Saitama will be impressed by Gouketsu's strength; rather he is simply comparing his complete defeat at Gouketsu's hands to when he fights Saitama
4) Saitama responds to Suiryu telling him he had fought Bakuzan as a human, where as the previous one made it seem like Suiryu just kept talking
5) Saitama isn't talking about "digestive problems" for some random reason when leaving to go find Gouketsu
6) Suiryu doesn't call Saitama "my hero" when convincing him to not go fight Gouketsu, but rather simply says he saved his life
7) Suiryu doesn't say he'll start dedicating his life to save people after Saitama leaves, but rather says Saitama could have saved many other people had he not tried to go fight Gouketsu
8) Suiryu doesn't say he'll go into hiding, but rather retire
9) Suiryu doesn't explicitly say his new goal is to become a hero, but rather he asks Saitama if he could become one

There is probably a meta-narrative going on, with him being disillusioned over not facing a challenge, and his viewers not seeing it either. But that's what makes it kinda good too.
Some people just keep reading because they want to see if someday he will face an enemy that's actually a challenge. Or if his abilities will be removed.
hose readers are the true target audience for this artistic meta-plot.

>Orochi is a flesh sack made and controlled by psykos

Psykos talks to herself when alone?

Wouldn't put it past her.

you sure nigger stream is the correct one?
did ya hit your head?

She wasn't alone. Metal knight was there.

>mfw Metal knight somehow revives/clones Boros through monster cells and convinces him to fight Orochi

I didn't feel it in this anticlimactic chapter, but perhaps with good timing and editing, the animated (w/ sound) adaptation would make this finale better.

One problem I saw was when Suiryuu says "OK"

They translated it to, "Hah, hah waw waw waw" or some shit. It was embarrassing.

would tats be less bitchy if she wasn't such a smol gril?

This won't be the last ep.
Ep1 - Garou introduced with some sol stuff
Ep2 - Garou beats up tank top, and Saitama hears about him
Ep3 - sol episode with Bang and Charanko about the tournament
Ep4 - MA shows up, cliffhanger with Garou watching MB
Ep5 - Garou fights MB and some more MA stuff
Ep6 - MB's sister saves the day, rest of episode is about the tournament
Ep 7 - Garou finds WDM, tournament is mostly just a one-shotting festival
Ep 8 - Suriyu vs Saitama
Ep 9 - Gouketsu shows up, Suiryu fights Choze
Ep 10 - Bakuzan transforms, Gouketsu leaves
Ep 11 - Gouketsu dies, padded with MA getting rekt all over the place
Ep 12 - Garou gets his shit kicked in and he flees, metal knight detonates and kills Orochi, an ominous cut to Psykos and then OPM music plays as season ends.

Fuck off and kill yourself, /r9k/.

Saitama coming back and saying it ended in one punch was too ordinary. It's like they couldn't think of a punchline or a plot-progressing time skip that wrapped up the scene, so they just had Saitama come back and say "This arc ended because I punched something Suiryu."

if she's THAT insecure about her height, you can be damn sure even if she had her sister's body there'd be something else about herself she'd find to obsess over and freak out about. it might not come out as much cos it wouldn't be as obvious as how adorably dinky she is, but being that angry about something like that is symptomatic of much deeper psychological issues

you forgot king and fubuki each which will take 1 episode

>we get this instead of garou vs saitama
>normies will get disappointed so we will not get a season 3
fuck you ONE you fucking lazy retard

is this kino?

As long as I get to see Garou vs Saitama drawn by Murata I'll be happy