Is this show yuri? And how yuri is it?

Is this show yuri? And how yuri is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/animelist/legatoredwinters&view=list&status=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, it has some really nice OTP.

No.

This will be the 3rd time I will post this

There was NEVER any yuri in the Aria manga. The author outright showed that Akari is guaranteed to end with Akatsuki. All the yuri was caused by the director who blatantly got rid of almost all AkarixAkatsuki scenes and started shipping Akari with Alicia

>First time Akari met Akatsuki was ignored
>Akari climbing up to Ukujima and meeting Akatsuki was ignored
>The fortune telling chapter that revealed that Akatsuki is fated to marry Akari was ignored
>Marriage of the Sea chapter which featured Akatsuki giving a ring to Akari was ignored

And what did the director replaced it with?
Arietta, which featured lots of handholding, cuddling, and Akari confessing that Alicia is the person that is dearest to her

In fact, the AliciaxAkari fanbase has gotten so large that fans theorized that the reason why Alicia got that forced ending was because the author does not like how people ignore Akatsuki's entire existence and retaliated by sinking Satou's ship. Satou just backed away out of respect.

(Unfortunately for her, the AliciaxAkari continued to exist in the Drama CDs)

But the anime still does contain yuri then?

Yes it is.

>The fortune telling chapter that revealed that Akatsuki is fated to marry Akari was ignored
This chapter was in the anime though.

Talk about autistic.

>People prefer X but I prefer Y so I'll try to ruin it!
And people still not give a fuck and now shit on you for trying to ruin Y and still prefer Y and you remain forever butthurt.

Every girl is straight.

They're just good friends.

OP here. Let me ask another question. Why should I watch Aria? What does it offer me? I just finished the first episode, and it had more negative qualities than positive ones.

That's what they say about every low-yuri show.

They're all getting boyfriends and thinking about getting married and having kids.

It's hardly yuri.

Alice had a love interest too?

>5 year old loli
>love interest
user pls.

Keep watching. Remember, you're supposed to slow down and heal while watching this.

Al-kun and faceless plot device are the only love interests tough, Akari never shows romantic interest in Akatsuki and Alice is an autist

it's overrated as hell.

like, it's literally just boring. I've watched two seasons and many OVAs. I've got no problem with SoL but no comedy, no interesting characters, no fan service, no exploration of the setting just equals out to yawn.

if I want to """""""heal""""""" I'll just go camping and watch something good when I want to watch anime.

I don't know, slowing down isn't my style. I'm more of a "I'll sleep when I'm dead" guy (I sleep 6 hours a day, anyway). Slice of nothing ever happens shows have bored me to tears in the past (like k-on! and Non non byori). Very few sol shows work for me (like usagi drop and Haibane renmei), but only because they have so much to offer (usagi drop has a very familiar family thing going on and Haibane renmei has so much substance and really strong themes). So if it is just slow gondola riding for many seasons, then I dint know if I'm game.

In that case, move along.

>Marriage of the Sea
this is one of my fav chapters

>Akari never shows romantic interest
Akatsuki was a pretty obvious love interest. Even in the anime, they still included some of the bonding episodes like the one where he chases her around town and the fortune teller one. They even included the epilogue bit where Akatsuki spends his free time visting her all the time and tells her to come over too (different from Woody casually flying over for deliveries). He's also the one who decided to cheer her ouendan style during her Prima exam. She's obviously more than a friend to him. The problem, as you hinted at, is that Akari rarely actively goes out to do things and lets things fall into her lap which is probably why she never pursued him like Aika did with Al. But the manga made it pretty obvious that the intended endgame was Akatsuki. If she didn't actually like him, she wouldn't let him hang around anyway. Even a saint like Alicia asked people to stop in the rare times they bothered her so Akari would probably do the same.

Link your MAL and I'll compare it with other shows on your plan to watch list :^)

>But the manga made it pretty obvious that the intended endgame was Akatsuki.If she didn't actually like him, she wouldn't let him hang around anyway. Even a saint like Alicia asked people to stop in the rare times they bothered her so Akari would probably do the same.

Does this proves that she likes him romantically?, To be fair I never read the manga but it really didn't seem that way to me

myanimelist.net/animelist/legatoredwinters&view=list&status=1

Go for it. But check my on hold list, since my plan to watch has random shows in it. On hold list has shows that I watched one episode of and scored by how much I want to continue this.

>Akatsuki was a pretty obvious love interest.
He outright states that he loves Alicia and Akari is just a friend. Jackass never even called her by her name

It's because he's just as clueless about his own feelings. All the other girls and even his older brother all tease him for having a crush on Akari.

Alicia is a sex goddess, of course a guy says he likes the goddess. But that doesn't mean he loves her. It's like how 90s kids grow up spanking it to Angelina Jolie but still marry some other girl who doesn't even compare.

Read the manga

In Japan calling someone by their surname is formal. First name is a proof of close-relationship
Bastard kept on calling Akari the name she completely hates

Yeah....love

He called her by a nickname though.
And you can't blame him for wanting to run his hands through a cute girl's soft hair all the time.

That ain't no nickname. He's treating her the same as he did with Gachapen.

Akari deserves more than that jerk.

>Akari deserves more than that jerk.
While true, that is the pairing we're given.

It's boring.

I never watched it. What did I miss?