who are YOU?

Autistic, like all lainfags.

Bad haircut.

Kami-sama.

Let's all love Lain!

The good kind of autistic

My God, whom I worship unconditionally.

Goddess.

Watched when I was a noob. Seemed retarded and for intellectual wannabes. Would opinion still hold?

So is it implied in the ending that Lain was created by "God" whenever the Wired first came into existence? Why would God make a deity just for the internet? Did he know that it would eventually turn into a separate form of reality in the human consciousness, then decided to make Lain to moderate it when shit got too crazy? If so why was Lain not conscious of it from the beginning?

Umaru rip off.

i watched half when I was a youngster now I'm working in the internets industries and it really bings the bong on the head

I get the point the show was making, but story and characters sucked = show sucked

Lain is worth a re-watch. I watched it when I first got into anime, and thought it was 2deep4u.

Then many years later, I re-watched it and actually payed attention. Overall I was pretty damn impressed. The ideas presented are nothing new, and the show even tells you straight up where it's get its concepts; Shumann frequencies, the collective neurogenic circuit from Prometheus Rising, etc. Lain is a damn unique and interesting anime, but you really have to actively watch it and pay attention when it gets into the exposition.

no since shit taste like that probably can't be fixed

Lain is just an AI made by Masami that went rogue and took over intentionally, and due to the the nature of the wired she eventually manifested into the real world and also took over.

I don't think i understand

That is a manifestation of the collective unconsciousness of humankind accidentally siphoned into a synthetic humanoid shell by a megalomaniac bent on becoming a god

I've seen this series twice and still don't get it.

>anime came out 16 years before that shit

KYS

>brainlets

Do explain it to me user.

It's been years since I've seen it but I'll try and remember.

Lain becomes god of time and space through the internet merging with reality because of some dude who created her and the wired?

Stupid furryposter

That's where the debate comes in. Lain was "scattered" through the Wired, and existed before Masami wrote his net protocol. She existed in some form before he even did anything.

Lain talking with her "father" in the ending suggests to me that was created from the very start of the Wired. In fact, she may have always been a part of the collective unconscious, and Masami just gave her form.

Normally you would think that birds have feathers.

*she was created from the very start

Lain was literally internet Jesus. She was God who lived as a human, who ultimately sacrificed herself out of unconditional love for mankind. Presumably like Christ she always existed in some form or another, but was only made "real" through the Wired.

Yes, in a way it's both, Lain is the materialization of human consciousness as a result of Masami experiments, it already existed but the wired gave it form.

Yeah but Jesus knew his purpose from the start. I guess God is an asshole, because she had to struggle to realize what she was. Better than getting crucified I guess.

>Yeah but Jesus knew his purpose from the start.
That's theologically debatable. Since there was a pretty big time skip in the Gospel we don't know when or how Jesus figured out who he was.

Lain Iwakura is a version of a normal girl unlike the omniscient Lain of the Wired and its different iterations, in a way normal girl Lain exists as is, she didn't discover anything.

He knew as early as he was 12 when he was already preaching in the temples

Good point. Middle school Jesus was probably a confused, dumb carpenter boy.

He wasn't, he was already bringing birds to life from clay at that age.

It wasn't until her final confrontation with Masami, and the entire "reality" reset that normal Lain became part of the greater whole. Maybe discover isn't the right word, but she clearly didn't know the extent of her existence until the last few episodes.

Do you mean God god or that internet engineer who decided to become "God"?

Either way I was pretty sure that quip was more about putting Eiri in his place and reminding him that his actions could be as easily manipulated by the real god as he manipulated the other people in the story, rather than actually saying that God directly created lain. Eiri was pretty delusional at that point actually thinking he was some sort of god. .

Anyway In my opinion lain was originally just a sort of focal point of the collective unconscious (though I heard one user claiming her to be Gaia which is also possible). In the beginning she wasn't specifically Lain, instead more than a sort of center of human thought without form. Eiri carved out a hole by moving that Lain into a human form and stuck himself in the hole so he could manipulate the subjective world of humans. However by being put in a human form lain eventually personified and became more than the sum of her parts.

That's probably off the mark a bit since that's just based on one viewing of the series years ago, but I think that sort of jives with the whole "you are more than information or how other's view you" thing that was going on.

Lazy goddess.

Lain is the closest thing to a Lynch directed anime.

it's good and I love lain