Do you ever watch anime at 1.5x or 2x speed?

Do you ever watch anime at 1.5x or 2x speed?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.checkpoint.com/2017/05/23/hacked-in-translation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>doing that to anime

Do you even enjoy anime?

Yes. As I do many other videos. As I grew up I developed a reasonable impatience for slow animation. Maybe I've gotten better at extracting meaning out of media. Maybe a particular anime itself lacks content. Absolutely, I want to experience more of it, deeper, and faster; injecting the seed of diverse thoughts. That's what she said.

Yes, only mediocre ones though. Podcasts on the other hand are 1.7x no matter what

life's is too short for mediocre animes

I actually watch my anime at 0.75x speed so I can appreciate every frame for longer.

>podcast

Jesus Sup Forums is shit.

I watch teekyuu at 5x speed and monogatari at 0.5x

>I watch things I don't like extra fast so I can still say I watched them so I can brag to all the other neckbeards about how many shows I watched.
>I will fully deny that this actually doesn't count as watching them in the first place though.

No. I just jump ahead a few minutes. And then I jump back if it looks like I missed something interesting.

I watch everything at 1.2x.
If I really like a sequence I go back and watch it at normal speed.

This got to be the dumbest Sup Forums meme ever.

It's not about braggin my man, most of the shows I watch at 1.5/2.0x don't even get any threads here. I'm just ADD

Jesus fuck, no, what a waste of time. 3x-4x minimal

>Not just reading the synopsis of the show and pretending you watched it
It's like you like wasting time.

I watch Dragon Ball Super at double speed because I know that it's going to suck but I want to know how it sucks.

I watched the first part of episode 1 of Cardcopter Sakura at 2 times speed. Then the player started to buffer, but I don't think i lost anything important, since that shit was predictable as fuck.

Yeah, mostly for series that I wasn't into but wanted to see what the fuss was about (School Days, Shana, a few others) or really long and mediocre series I watched when younger but never finished and wanted to get the gist of (Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, still haven't finished either and likely never will, x2 is a helluva drug to do several hunnerd times in a small period). Also once did it with the first few episodes of Chaika to catch up with some friends who wanted to simulwatch it.

Most recently I did it with the original Gatchaman just because I liked Crowds so much. Not a waste of time either, I got some very funny webms out of it.

Well, this is all to say in my defense I do it for practical purposes when I really need to, not to artificially inflate by MAL e-peen, I don't even have a MAL so there.

I actually do watch some anime at 1.5x.

I don't have a MAL, I just want to get through boring shit faster.

Yes

I also listen to music at 2x speed.

It's a bad habit.

I'm not a pleb so I watch it at 4x speed.

I always thought this was just a joke, and then I met someone who does it in real life.

I'm always tempted to do it, but then I realize I should just drop the show instead

Only once ever at 1.5x for Casern Sins.
That show was slow.

Sometimes. Not usually, but once in a while.

Only the absolute plebestt of plebs would do that.

*would not do that

Only when a series gets bad and I'm close to finishing.

i can barely fucking read so

Yeah, I do that for most anime I watch..... err, read about.

Thank you Wikipedia.

I do this, sometimes the anime is full of tropes/character archetype that I've already seen 50+ times, there's one character that I really like but it's a harem

I've done it to a few slice of life shows I was getting bored of and deciding on whether to drop or not. Subtitles are still perfectly readable at 2x speed and it's not like the visuals need to be fully appreciated in that type of show anyways. I wouldn't do it to anything complicated or anything that requires more attention though.

I watched Eromanga-sensei episode 7 and 8 at 2x speed and it was much more enjoyable. Everybody should do this.

I watched Black Rock Shotter ova at 1.5 speed.
It was slow has fuck

I watch all my anime at 0.7 speed, to fully savor the feeling of wasting the worlds time and money.

>I watch teekyuu at 5x speed
I-is that safe?

I've watched most Gundam series at 1.2 times speed. G Gundam was a 1.7 times speed though.

No, I do skip through conversations a lot though. Actually listening to the dialogue feels once you've finished reading the subs feels pointless.

feels redundant, I can't type

Besides the nail, it's actually not that shitty.

Does anyone else watch scenes over and over again until they feel like they've properly digested the dialogue? I can't tell if that's normal, or if I have autism.

Only if dialogue is particularly confusing, or I'm too tired to understand it the first time. Sometimes I have to rewatch a scene quite a few times even though it seems simple until it clicks, though its pretty rare.

Yes a lot of times. I even watched the kizumovies twice, one time with subs and the next time without. Im not retarded btw.

Watched both seasons of index in one sitting at 3x speed.

Never sped up anything else

If I'm re-watching a series and get to an info dump or filler episode.

No. Either I watch it at normal speed or it's not worth watching.

>not just opening it up in subtitle editor and scrolling through the subs and watching the key animation

What with newfags "watching" old shows now? Are the SAO kids growing up awfully ? I know tripfags parrots and mods liked to do that to disguise their non authority and off-topic cancerous existence as well as dragging more cancer with them.

Unrelated but why is this such a popular reaction image? Please explain I'm autismo

Condescending Minnie May is has been a pretty popular reaction image for a while now. GSC isn't exactly an obscure show either. Probably along the same lines of a smug anime girl.

Given the UNIX timestamp this user just started posting her pretty recently.

That's still a god tier reaction regardless, I guess.

kansha!

Honestly if you're watching an anime at 1.5 or 2 speed, just drop the show, you aren't enjoying it.

>Maybe I've gotten better at extracting meaning out of media.
Maybe you're an ADHD little shit.

whoah
it's like converting an animu back to mango

No, but sometimes I use frame interpolation to watch it at 48fps.

Stop watching mediocre trash then?

>He doesn't have a 120 or 144hz monitor so each frame displays correctly

What's the purpose? I would rather drop it fast than doing this

yes, and muted so I can get through my music backlog

No, but sometimes I skip through the episodes. Usually when I'm watching trash, llike with Eromanga Sensei. It's awful, but every once in a while there's something worth watching.

I watched the TV version of Break Blade at 2x speed cause I've already seen the movies and was just looking to see if they added any scenes. Turns out not only they didn't, they also cut some out.

No, 1.2x-1.3x is the highest I usually go.

By the way, you know about this right?

blog.checkpoint.com/2017/05/23/hacked-in-translation/

I thought it was just a meme.
Do people really do this?

It works for certain slow series.

It just seems so perverse. You wouldn't do that to a film, would you?

Almost never. I only speed shows up when they get really shit towards the end, so I still feel some need to actually finish them.

ITT : Retards who watch anime for the plot instead of the art. I mean i could see maybe doing this with a live action show but come on now.

Fuck no

I always watch anime at 1x except when watching recap episodes, then it's usually 4x to 8x.

>except when watching recap episodes, then it's usually 4x to 8x.
Why not just skip them?

No I have never
I have this thing sometimes where I think "but I I didn't experience this thing(watching anime) fully, how can I know if it's truly good? Like it feels "unfinished" in my mind and I have to finish it. But then when watching it, and I still don't like it, you realize it's pointless. If a series is bad or not interesting to you, you can just drop it. There's always tons of stuff to watch, why spend time watching stuff you don't even enjoy purely for the sake of it?

It sounds kind of like a clamorous city at 5x.

No, but sometimes I watch it windowed while I do something else.

I watched the last few episodes of Zetsuen no Tempest and Shingeki no Bahamut at 1.5x, because they had both become so stupid by the end that I just wanted to get them over with.

only if they are the old silent movie types, lest I miss any dialogue with those produced after circa 1932

Sometimes they have interesting stuff in them such as Gurren Lagann's recap episode.