The Atlantic Defends Jordan Peterson

The famous left wing/liberal magazine, The Atlantic, just wrote a long piece defending Jordan Peterson: theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

Kind of a game over. Could that awful interview finally sway popular opinion to outright condemning SJWs?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/08/the-uneven-health-toll-of-sleep-deprivation/535653/
hooktube.com/watch?v=Mkb3oFIFAXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>This isn’t meant as a global condemnation of this interviewer’s quality or past work.

She’s partisan.

I've watched a few of her other interviews and there's none of this "so you're saying" straw man approach when she agrees with the guest.

In her interviews with feminists she's extremely soft-ball, even feeding them lines. Indeed, in an interview with a woman who accused Lord Rennard of sexual harassment, we do hear the "so you're saying" phrase but it's to feed her guest the line that Nick Clegg (leader of the party Rennard is a member of at the time) needs to man up and do something about Rennard, to which her guest takes the line and runs with it. The accusations themselves are never questioned despite what he’s alleged to have done not even been illegal.

In an interview with feminist Gloria Steinem she accepts everything Steinem is saying and the most critical she gets is asking whether Germaine Greer’s comments about transgender women are acceptable.

In a video on stopping misogynistic trolls, she responds to the sarcastic line "just ignore it", with a sarcastic line of her own: "grow a thicker skin or so they say". Newman never questions her guests’ complete lack of a plan to stop the trolls. The most we get from her is "how do you hope to change the culture; is that realistic?” She never follows up when her guest fails to answer this. We get no "so you're against free speech" or "so you're support the Gestapo".

In her interview with Milo she’s more composed than the one with Peterson, but once he disputes feminism she moves from interviewer to activist. Then she starts trying to put words in his mouth.

The Atlantic is pretty classically liberal (currently), no?

I know David Frum writes there now.

I'll have to check out her other interviews, but it seems pretty obvious she had it out for Peterson.
I would personally be more explicit in condemning Newman and taking Peterson's side, though I'm much more familiar with Peterson than this writer appears to be. That said, I think it's heartening to see that a major news source is calling that interview for what it is, and I hope more news sources follow his lead.

More left-liberal IMO, but they certainly aren't far left.

MSM is disgusting

So you’re saying women should have concrete poured down their throats?

Nice just bought a subscription to this mag we'll see how it turns out.

(((Frum)))
Muh axis of evil
I had the joy of watching him cry on CBC during Trump’s election.

I looked it up, and their current editor describes himself as a neoconservative.

It is his reward for ignoring the JQ. Which is still OK, in my book. I still believe Peterson is a necessary stop on the way to Sup Forums. Listen to Peterson for a few hours and then stumble onto Sup Forums and everything falls into place. If you stumble into this place cold it is gonna hurt for a while.

link video

IOW, a Jewish fiscal conservative.

So you’re saying every women should have her tits cut off and fed to dogs, is that right?

So you're saying dogs should starve to death?

No. It's a far-left rag.

(((Peterson)))

>theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/08/the-uneven-health-toll-of-sleep-deprivation/535653/
Sleep is a symptom of systemic racism.

I can't find it now, but they've written about this subject before, and it was even more outrageous than the article I linked. They suggested that white people need to sleep less to close the "sleep gap".

There was one recently where they were telling white parents to stop reading to their kids because they claimed it disadvantages blacks.

Like the old wisdom said “you cannot build someone up by tearing another person down”. Left is too stupid to realize this. They think everything is zero sum.

They're only concerned by whether two groups are at the same level. Whether that level is made equal by one group going up or one group going down is irrelevant to them.

If the rich lost all their money and everyone was poor, they'd call it equality. The same if men were to have their wages cut while women's wages remained the same, they'd call that equality. They’d cheer it as the end of the pay gap. Yet no one is better off.

It's the quest for cosmic justice. They're peering in on the world from the outside, acting as if they're God and trying to make right all of nature's wrongs. Ignoring that they're not, and nature not being one there actually being things in their lives which they are responsible for as a moral agent.

100% serious, it can all be traced back to this here

>founded in 1857
>left wing/liberal magazine

kys mutt

The article in no way “defends” Jordan Peterson.

It criticizes the style and tactics of his interviewer.

Article is literally prefaced with "this is not a defense of peterson or his views"

hooktube.com/watch?v=Mkb3oFIFAXc
Try at about 8:15:00.
They all look suicidal.

It wasn’t run by jews in 1857.

peterson is secretly planning on running for office soon, this is why the media is clamoring over him