Houseki No Kuni 56

Why? Because why not, read this manga.

Phos could lead the Admirabilis to take over the Moon if he wanted.

captchas are bitches

is that semen

>I haven't decided to cooperate yet!
yeah right, you're not fooling anyone phos

fuck i gotta go brb
hope this doesnt die

some kind user its doing it for me i see

Holy shit

i wonder whats the significance of Phos remembering the Human particle there

just a lonely bump

Shame there is no doujin to fap to

what about this one?

Is it on sadpanda? Because I found nothing there

No clue, its not fapable though.

What about this one?

Looks like Phos just got upgraded with yet another of the Seven Treasures of Buddhism. The list can differ slightly but according to the Lotus Sutra, the seven precious material of Buddhism are the following:

•gold
•silver
•lapis lazuli
•seashell
•agate
•pearl
•carnelian

>give it to me
>I can't read it

cicada a cute

Literal moon runes

oh so if you count seashell and not ruby he has all of them except for carnelian. Its a good way to see how far the series have advanced.

I had it like
-Lapislazuli
-Platinum
-Gold
-Agate
-Pearl/Crystal
-Ruby
-Carnelian

I wonder how Phoss will get carnelian.

Also if you thread won't die, i'll try to deliver the interview finally today.

okay, here comes a desperate bump

Doubt thatll happen, i dont see much traffic here today

I wish I could post but I have to get up to date at first. I am liek 12 chapters behind.

Well, at least, i guess, i'll make a pastebin.

Man, you are in for a ride.

Can't wait for the anime. It comes out October right?

Hoping for two cour.

Well thread is empty as earth in HnK, but i'll post it anyway.

Sorry for mistakes!

Ichikawa-sensei interview.

Q: It was surprising to know, that Ichikawa Haruko, who describes the drama of relationships between “Humans” and “non humans creations” had chosen “Gems” as a theme of her first creation. I guess, you were interested in jewels before?

A: I can’t say I saw a lot into them. If we talk about first impulse, it’s connected with high school. I have studied in Buddhistic high school. Though I was lacking knowledge while entering.

Q: How it was: to enter without enough knowledge?

A: Then I came to class on the first day, there was a box on my desk, seize of a little small notebook. It was written “The Present for enrolled” there, so I had opened it. Beads were lying inside of the box. They were for reading sutras before the classes.

Q: Sounds very surprisingly.

A: If I’m not wrong, there is a class called “ethics” in ordinary highschools. But in our school we had “Buddhism” instead of this. And we had studied Shinran (Note: you can look for more in wiki, he was the founder of the biggest Buddhistic school in Japan – “Jōdo Shinshū” ). I had learn by this classes about the “sutra of eternal life”. One of its lines says, that “ Western Pure Land (not sure if I’m translating it right – but it means heaven in Buddhism) is made of Gems”.

Q: Please, can you tell more about this?

A: The expression “eternal life” also have the meaning: ”Not measurable luster”. The sutra is based on Buddha’s teaching, but the Heaven of Pure Land presented very majestic and magnificent. Then I had been reading that sutra in high school, I passingly had thought that in heaven, in place there all things have to find its salvation, only gems are presented as ornamentation.

And a second part:

Q: I think, such thought is really in your style. So, by transferring feelings on the gems side not human, you sympathized with gems.

A: Not really “sympathized”, it’s more like I thought, that even with the whole Buddha’s power it’s hard to save everyone. Of course, the mention of gems in sutra is just an allegory. In that time India, gems had the highest price, so metaphors were created, there
gems were equal to virtues of Buddha followers. And because of that, just to visualize the heaven for common folks were said that “Heaven of Pure land is beautiful place made from gems”.

Q: But the idea of “Houseki no Kuni” came from literal perception of the teaching?

A: I had asked myself a question: “Where the gems for Pure Land will come from?”, According to the sutra, they are natural formations, but stories of buddhas hunting for gems, wishing to decorate the Clear land, sound interesting, doesn’t it?

Q: Why had you chosen the idea that was created in high school for your first big series?

A: Before my debut, I was drawing manga on my web-page, influenced by this idea. I did few fragments of 5-6 pages each – abot 20 pages in a whole. After that I had my debut in “Mushi no uta”, so I went away from the world of Gems. But then I came to big series I decided, that I want to come back to that ideas.

Q: Then you were drawing that 20 pages, did you have feeling that they would become such a deep story?

A: I didn’t know what would this story become then. And I don’t know now. I like this obscurity, and it’s what I feel.

pastebin: pastebin. com/YSRixchN

Thanks a lot, this is very interesting.

>According to the sutra, they are natural formations, but stories of buddhas hunting for gems, wishing to decorate the Clear land, sound interesting, doesn’t it?

Huhu. Its strange for me to see that she doesnt have everything planned yet. Somehow makes it better.

Fuck missed one "clear". It should be "Pure" instead.

I was actually surprised, that HnK is not fully planned.

Fascinating, that buddhas had turned into sinners.

Now the English title sonds even sillier.
They just should have used "Kingdom of Gems" or some shit.

Republic Of Rocks

Yeah. Im wondering why the Moon People only attack when there is sun though. Because at night their equipment melts?

It could be a tactical choice. The moon people have weak bodies and use ranged weapons, the gems have strong bodies and use melee weapons. Therefore it's more strategic for them to fight in broad daylight and avoid night raids. Ranged attackers prefer good visibility and melee attackers prefer bad visibility.

>Well thread is empty as earth in HnK, but i'll post it anyway.
Keep in mind these threads have always been maybe 10 posters.

And thank you for the dump. I don't know why it took me this long to connect all the Buddhist imagery to this series. But now that I am seeing it I can appreciate its depth a bit more.

I'm so excited.
I cant help but feel excited when the protagonists "turned bad" confronts his friends and in a bitching new outfit nonetheless.

Thanks user

Right, this might be the case. Its still kind of weird, hope they explain it better. Ill assume we are going to learn more about the Models and how they travel now since Phos is going back.

I wanna see the gems faces at Phos coming back after some days on the Moon side.

Could he becoming more human?
He interacted with and even has a part of Admirabilis in him and now he's interacting with the moon people.
Or maybe he's losing his mind even more.

I think it's a little bit of both. Now he has the three parts of a human, so it's not a stretch that by the end of the series he is a full fledged human

Ooooh, she now has crystal from the three groups. I wonder what's going to happen now with that.

Also, I have a question: why was Phos the only one that was able to properly speak with the Moon People after being kidnapped? Why did the other gems just snapped?

>Dat Tourmaline
And saved

Could be yeah. Maybe soon Phos will be able to communicate with a human cell, who knows.

Or maybe it was just to show how much human existence affect him.

Other gems are more loyal to Sensei most likely OR something we dont know. I still remember that scene when Adamant named Cairngorm and there was a strange light on all the gems. Althought that probably was just the gems reflecting a mechanical glow on Adamant eye while he searched for a name.