/xpi/ Memeumenical Council

Alright it's time us Apostolic Christians got together to purge all this shit tier heresy thats been flooding the board here lately. Orthobros, Latins and like the three Copts on this board need to purge this shit tier heterodoxy off our board, It's time for a Memeumenical Council anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA
erickybarra.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/filioque-in-the-west/
academia.edu/15230984/John_Damascene_On_the_Holy_Trinity_a_translation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blocks your path

What has happened to Sup Forums? Why are the Christian threads so weird now and getting purged by mods?

lol those look like shitty fake costumes

Cuz they're shit-flinging circle-jerk threads that belong on /x or /his

Can someone explain to me why Catholics and Sedes are wrong but Orthos are correct? What's the history here?

Pic related

I meant to say the one copt who posts here

> (You)
>lol those look like shitty fake costumes

Better than this at least

Reminder that this will be eventually most if not all protestant churches and white protestant churches unless they submit to either an oriental or eastern orthodox church.

>rebelled against our church
>our church

Are you Christ?

it's literally the same but sedevacantists denied the popes the right time, therefore we are not heretics
see:
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI

You are a proddy

The pope didn’t have the authority to enforce the changes he made without council.

How is promotion of the "Orthodox" and especially Oriental Church anything other than an expression of latent anti-Western/ anti-White sentiment?

protestcucks unironically btfo'd

Because phyletisim is a sin user, patriotism is not

how do fat people make love?

1 flip through the folds till you find one that smells like shit,
2 then flip back one!

sodomites stop at the first step ...

And of course the thread allowed to stay up is just Christians D&Cing each other. Maybe I'll just find a Catholic Polish girl and go raise a family in a cave on a mountain while watching everyone else run around on fire in the jew world order.

PROTTIES FUCK OFF

This shit is why I left protestantism and currently follow the oriental orthodox church (coptic orthodox), soon me and my mulatto girlfriend shall be baptised and married in one and have a coptic orthodox family.

Why coptic?
Are you Agyptian?

He's marrying a mulatto so his kids might be born Egyptians.

Would it be too much to ask for you to kill yourself.

> (You)
>Why coptic?
>Are you Agyptian?

No, Im half puerto rican and half white but physically Im more white than puerto rican and I can say that I have a white mind moreso. Well I originally first went to an indian orthodox church as my first service in any orthodox church, the liturgy is difficult to follow because the Qurbana or prayer book is difficult to find what your supposed to be singing, next I went to an ethiopian tewahedo orthodox church, they didnt speak english.

I settled with the coptic orthodox church instead because they have english services and its literally behind my house at a datacenter.

hehehehehehehe

> (You)

>>this shit again

Look Imma gonna summarize this whole thing

oriental orthodox church
>>most traditional christian church
>>oldest since they go back to the apostolic age 2000 years ago but became its official name after the council of chalcedon in 451 AD to maintain the doctrine that defined christs human and divine nature being one without confusion or seperation
>>post chalcedonian churches (including all protestant churches and assyrian church of the east) are literally a meme tier church

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-9/11/14-16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

Beastality is a sin
Leviticus 20:15-16
He that shall copulate with any beast.The woman that shall lie under any beast, shall be killed together with the same: their blood be upon them.

I don't talk to beasts. Beast

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>in b4 Father's will is do works
John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

>in b4 James 2
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA

You don't need to emphasize your whiteness this hard.

Well that's interestinh path. For me that typical american church jumping seems a little weird since the vast majority of people here are simply born into their religion and stay there.

> (You)
>Beastality is a sin
>Leviticus 20:15-16
>He that shall copulate with any beast.The woman that shall lie under any beast, shall be killed together with the same: their blood be upon them.

Youre interpreting the bible yet you have no idea that that isnt how the early church interpeted it.

CATHOLIC SCUM

This is now a black sun thread

Actually it is
Saint Ignatius of Antioch disciple of beloved Apostle John

I give you these instructions, beloved, assured that you also hold the same opinions [as I do]. But Iguard you beforehand from those beasts in the shape ofmen, whom you must not only not receive, but, if it be possible, not even meet with; only you mustpraytoGodfor them, if by any means they may be brought torepentance, which, however, will be very difficult. YetJesus Christ, who is ourtruelife, has the power of this. But if these things were done by ourLordonly in appearance, then am I also only in appearance bound. And why have I also surrendered myself to death, to fire, to the sword, to the wild beasts? But he who is near to the sword is near toGod; he that is among the wild beasts is in company withGod; provided only he be so in the name ofJesus Christ. I undergo all these things that I may suffer together with Him,He who became aperfectman inwardly strengthening me.

>FromSyriaeven untoRomeI fight with beasts: not that I am devoured by brute beasts, for these, as youknow, by thewillofGod, sparedDaniel, but by beasts in the shape ofmen, in whom the merciless wild beast himselflieshid, and pricks and wounds me day by day. But none of these hardshipsmove me, neither count I my life dear unto myself,in such a way as toloveit better than theLord. Wherefore I am prepared for fire, wild beasts, the sword or thecross, so that only I may seeChristmySaviourandGod, who died for me.

To Tarsians and Smyrneans

>And that He would rise again on the third day after the crucifixion, it is written in the memoirs that some of your nation, questioning Him, said, 'Show us a sign;' and He replied to them, 'An evilandadulterousgeneration seeks after a sign; and no sign shall be given them,savethe sign ofJonah.' And since He spoke this obscurely, it was to be understood by the audience that after His crucifixion He shouldriseagain on the third day. And He showed that your generation was morewickedand moreadulterousthan the city ofNineveh; for the latter, whenJonahpreached to them, after he had been cast up on the third day from the belly of the great fish, that after three (in otherversions, forty)days they should all perish, proclaimed afastof all creatures,menand beasts, withsackcloth, and with earnest lamentation, withtruerepentancefrom the heart, and turning away from unrighteousness, in thebeliefthatGodis merciful and kind to all who turn fromwickedness; so that the king of that city himself, with his nobles also, put onsackclothand remainedfastingandpraying, and obtained their request that the city should not be overthrown.
On Christ's Resurrection being taught from the History of Jonah Chapter CVII Saint Justin Martyr Dialogue with Trypho. Who says beasts can do penance for their sins.

> (You)
>You don't need to emphasize your whiteness this hard.
>Well that's interestinh path. For me that typical american church jumping seems a little weird since the vast majority of people here are simply born into their religion and stay there.

You have no idea how fucked up protestantism is here, its literally either a bunch of loonatics raving in tounges, a con artist pastor taking money from his dumb followers, pro gay churches, or the typical capitalist non denominational churches that pretty much most american protestants are. Its also the same of not worse in south korea and many african countries.

I discovered the orthodox church and was relieved to know they werent anything like the protestant churches. Its organized, conservative (though most oriental orthodox christians here vote democrat soley just for gibs, me to), traditional, and pleasing for a healthy upbringing.

>As, therefore, all these latterpropheciesrefer toChristand thenations, you shouldbelievethat the former refer to Him and them in like manner. For theproselyteshave no need of a covenant, if, since there is one and the samelawimposed on all that arecircumcised, theScripturespeaks about them thus: 'And the stranger shall also be joined with them, and shall be joined to the house ofJacob;'Isaiah14:1and because theproselyte, who iscircumcisedthat he may have access to the people, becomes like one of themselves,while we who have been deemed worthy to be called a people are yetGentiles, because we have not beencircumcised.

>You see often, but have not observed; your ears have been opened, and you have not heard.'IsGod'scommendation of youhonourable? And isGod's testimony seemly for His servants? You are not ashamed though you often hear these words. You do not tremble atGod'sthreats, for you are a people foolish and hard-hearted. 'Therefore, behold, I will proceed to remove this people,' says theLord; 'and Iwillremove them, and destroy the wisdom of the wise, and hide the understanding of theprudent.'Isaiah29:14Deservedly too: for you are neither wise norprudent, but crafty and unscrupulous; wise only to doevil, but utterly incompetent toknowthe hidden counsel ofGod, or thefaithfulcovenant of theLord, or to find out the everlasting paths. 'Therefore, says theLord, I will raise up toIsraeland toJudahthe seed ofmenand the seed of beasts.'Jeremiah31:27

Chapter CXXIII Dialogue with Trypho (A Jew) by St. Justin Marty

>that autism image again

Hillel and Gamliel both agreed majority of the time with Jesus on Torah. Gamaliel is a canonized Saint. Do you think Paul recieved a poor education?

>he doesn't know the bible and what the mesiah actually is

What I don't understand is what the Orthos are complaining about... aren't they practically the same? How could they be fine with all of the popes until 1054? Makes no sense.

The orthodox are actually Catholics that ascribe to the doctrine known as Caesar over Pope formally. In "Orthodoxy" the State is the head of the Church, in Roman Catholicism it is Pope over Caesar. The Orthodox are either slavs who were born into it or they are literal lolbertarians.

In a nutshell the Latin Church asserted Latin hegemony over Christendom throwing out collegiality and ecumenicalisim to address ecclesiastical and doctrinal issues.

You need review your knowledge, after 1054 the papacy invented new stuff that are absolutely heretic, unfortunately , but so they did .

>What I don't understand is what the Orthos are complaining about... aren't they practically the same? How could they be fine with all of the popes until 1054? Makes no sense.

The orthodox church that came about from 1054 are the eastern ortjodox church. The oriental orthodox church came about in 451 AD in the council of chalcedon because the mainline church was changing the definition of christs nature so as a result they schismed out of the mainline church and they never attended any other christological council or changed doctrines to this very day.

This is actually true. The way the Orthodox do their liturgy and their rites, the greek chants, the inscence, the monasteries in the desert, ect. Roman Catholics officially take no issue with none of this, no Roman Catholic argues seriously that plenty of Orthodox traditions and style of worship are ancient and equally valid. The issue is Caesar over Pope. The Arch Bishop of Constantinople was usually who the Pope wanted or who the Eastern Emperor wanted. In the west you had men like Ambrose literally making the Roman Emperors getting on their knees begging for mercy that's not how it was in the East unless you had men like John of Chrysostom, who angered the Empress of Eastern Rome so much and disobeyed her so much that he was murdered by her, the Pope to say the least directly ordered her to cease but she ignored the entire Church. Don't kid yourself, the Emperors of Constantinople did this shit all the time it was normal for the eastern Emperors to be far less submissive to the Church. Orthodox are Lolbertarian Catholics literally

Some orientals are in communion with Rome though

> (You)
>Some orientals are in communion with Rome though
Like what?

See this is my point. It's not the eastern customs that are wrong, it's Caesar over POpe that is heretical

>
>You need review your knowledge, after 1054 the papacy invented new stuff that are absolutely heretic, unfortunately , but so they did .

Then why did the schism happen?

Iconoclastic Armenians

All that is bull americanisms, for the Orthodox the pope changed the nature of the Holy Spirit in a thing called the filioque then more crap came like the selling of idulgeances, the forbading of clergy to marry, alterations in academic theology that are totaly contrary to the faith like the allowing of indulgeances , papal infallibility, vicarius fili dei and whatever culminating to the Vatican II council that raped their church totally, they are no longer Christian . There's nothing else to say to it.

> (You)
>Iconoclastic Armenians

I dont think theyre oriental orthodox, at least not part of the apostolic armenian church.

check post above this one

Eastern church fathers ascribed to the filio que offically, they explained that the Holy Ghost is the internal procession of the Father and Son just as the will is the internal procession of the intellect and the thoughts of God. Not that God is not simple in the Aristolean sense,they also ascribed to this as a way of defending the Trinity. It's not written down but it's officially sound doctrine in the ancient greek church. Vatican II is a pastoral and valid council but it cannot be seen as doctrinal, Pope Benedict explained this before officially. Selling indulgences is a meme, it's something only PRotestetants objected to. Indulgences was only taught that the Rich who are generous will be rewarded with spiritual insight and understanding, but only because it was a natural conclusion to being generous to god in the first place. It's not "get into heaven for money" that may have happened but that was not what the Church officially taught about the doctrine. The Orthodox have to submit to the State while the Popes in the west made Roman EMperors beg on their knees

Also I don't like Vatican II but its not "secretly fake" it's just a bullshit council

orthodox&catholics you waste time on each other. divided and conquered kek gg.

It is finished

oy vey

The point of this thread was meant not necessarily to be divisive but rather set aside differences and focus on shit heresy and neo arianisim

Remember Saint AMbrose, he taught St Augustine everything he knew and was a personal advisor to the Roman Emperor and helped write the Theodosian code outlawing paganism indefinitely. Now that is POWER. During the Enlightenment people like Napoleon would complain all the time that Kings in western Europe were subservient to the Pope this is why napoleon literally arrested the POpe.

Excuses, the Holy Spirit is a direct emanation of God , and not Christ that's why the Orthodox still have monkstoday with the gifts of the HS ( prophecy, transcendant works ) while the catholics have homos and a "modern" leftist pope as well as a jesuit militant wing for dirty work, they sold out to hell and so be it, no amount of deductio ad masturbatio can alter the faith with rational looking but false ideas .

The cesaropism is a meme. The Orthodox Church witheld the faith while caths ruined it and millions of people with them .

No Logos, no Christ, no truth, it's immutable, none in judaism, none in islam, nowere, only in Orthodoxy and thank God.

No one has given me an explanation... you had like 50 popes before 1054... why were they all legitimate?! What's so special about 1054 and why aren't Sedes and Orthos considered the same thing when they both believe that Catholics turned "false"?

The Greek fathers literally taught taht the Holy Spirit was the divine internal procession of the Father and Son

that a total lie

Reminder Christianity is a Jewish psyop

I did you must have glossed over it

Is it tho

>(We believe) in one Father, the beginning , and cause of all: begotten of no one: without cause or generation, alone subsisting: creator of all: but Father of one only by nature, His Only-begotten Son and our Lord and God and Saviour Jesus Christ, and Producer of the most Holy Spirit. And in one Son of God, the Only-begotten, our Lord, Jesus Christ: begotten of the Father, before all the ages: Light of Light, true God of true God: begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father, through Whom all things are made: and when we say He was before all the ages we show that His birth is without time or beginning: for the Son of God was not brought into being out of nothing , He that is the effulgence of the glory, the impress of the Father's subsistence , the living wisdom and power

dID YOU even read Saint John of Damascus The Orthodox faith. It's right here

Oh and I found this a while ago. since you orthodox like meme blogs
erickybarra.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/filioque-in-the-west/

>Fall of muh Phams in Spain.
>deletedhistories.org
Q "WE WUZ TDA CALPIHATE" en-q.

Why yes, yes it is.

>learn some grammar, it says God, AND JESUS , [AND OF GODS] holy spirit , don't come up with crazy stuff

Why don't the easter dress like this anymore? WHy the black robes guys?

Typical pirate can't even read. Only Aussie pirates on pol are able to read shitposts it seems.

The Orthodox traditionaly objected to the filio que on the grounds of never changing the Creed because you don't change the creed not on any grounds no matter what nto even good reasons. It's not that it was wrong but that it was wrong to change the creed. You idiots the Roman Catholics have been quoting the eastern fathers with pride for centuries. Ever wonder why the name Dennis was so popular in the middle ages in the west? Because it was the name of one of the Apostolic Greek Fathers

Seriously how many Orthodox named their kid Gregory or Leo or Augustine or Ambrose? the Roman Catholics were friendly to the Orthodox plenty of times but the Orthodox were never friendly to the Roman Catholics. We always liked the east but you never respected us it was always unrequited love.

That's because early Catholic history is Orthodox history. Not the other way around.

there cannot be communion with blasphemers, end it's a total fail of caths

"can't even read"
>that's you , first of all your own church lies , whoop, Logos out the window

the passage you give in its Greek translation is
a)atrocious
b)does not agree with filioque how much you try to twist the wording

"consubstantial with the Father and the Son" it's the triple hypostasis

>not a procession ffs
go here and knock yourself out
academia.edu/15230984/John_Damascene_On_the_Holy_Trinity_a_translation

also get lost you're a quack

Also the Eastern Churchs are famous for saying things the way the west does not say. For example the Greeks said that the Trinity is not "three substances" but when they say that they mean a substance is a person, but they also agreed that is God one substance not three, this is because the east had different terminology because of their heretics in the east, Irenaeus also had a strange way of speaking and apologizes immediately in his work saying he phrases things according to the custom of they way Latin is spoken in Gaul and also among the heretics. the Bishop of Alexandria once got dragged into court for heresy by teh Pope for saying that Jesus was Created by God, turns out he apologized saying that the greek word for "created" could also mean "begotten" in greek and in Latin. Basically you don't know your history

Lose the pirate flag and Ill read your post

>For example the Greeks said that the Trinity is not "three substances
For example the Greeks said that the Trinity is three substances

>spic
>not catholic
HERETIC, TRAITOR

>1 John
Has literally the most arguments, out of all Epistles (yes, more than famous James), for salvation, gained through faith but lost through unrepented sin.
>If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
>IF we confess our sins
1 John 1,6-9
>3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him.
>keeps, not merely hears or believes
1 John 2,3-5
>9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
1 John 2,9-11
>"But it is expecting from man too much!"
>For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
1 John 5,3
>If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death
>There is sin leading to death.
>And your brother (in faith) can sin, too.
1 John 5,16
And 1 Corinthians 13,2 absolutely demolishes sola fide.
>and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If faith gives eternal security, then how could it be nothing? It brings you everything.

your problem is the usual problem you have in catholicism (lies and impression peddling) and protestantism ( cannot figure out text because no direct experience ) , you're prolly a kike poisoning the well since you lie already and point out
>muh memflag
when I point out you cannot read . You have no experience, it's obvious to any Christian, now get lost .

It's funny how these "orthodox" claim superiority when they rely on blogs meme links and reddit posts for their superior theological understanding. Meanwhile I spent two days reading Thomas Aquinas's explanation of the trinity. yes I consulted the Latin.

No flag no discussion. Get out leaf

you dindu nuffing you stupid nigger , read the greek and put a sock in it , you're obviously lying out of your sore satan owned asshole

>but the text said so !!!! meanwhile it didnt
>tell you to read better
>uhh mph show your flag

get lost already you fucking kike

It's Three substances and not one substance. It is one substances but not three. According to the Greeks

go away , you're full of crap
get learned
just leave

You can't even quote Saint John of Damascus on the spot Who cares what you think. You are just an edgey schisimatic from fakechan. Get learned pleb

Filioque is the only way you can explain why Son has authority over Spirit.
He couldn't be granted it, it would change His divine nature. And divine nature is unchangeable.
Of course Christ was also a true man, as well as true God, but could a human be granted authority over divine? Could you be granted by Father authority to command Jesus Christ? No, it just doesn't feel right, does it?
So power to command Holy Spirit must be derived from the divine part of His one, inseparable nature. And it doesn't change.

you quote john of damascus and put a pic of john chrysostom, you're a baboon , get lost

they do, orthodox dress had not changed a lot after the fall of Roman empire