Would you be able to endure anime getting downscaled to half of its current output in exchange for better treatment of...

Would you be able to endure anime getting downscaled to half of its current output in exchange for better treatment of the animators and higher production values?

This is absolutely fine. Most seasonal anime are of poor quality anyway

Absolutely.

yes, easily

dunno about the Japanese market though

Sure. I only watch about 5 anime a season anyways.

Yes.

fuck that downscale it to a quarter the current putput

If it worked that way then yes, sadly doing that wouldn't yield higher quality animu
Still waiting for glorious 4K res anime

>5

narrow your taste man

>Sup Forums agreeing on a thing.
Fascinating.

I watch two-three shows per season anyway

Yes, 90% of anime isn't worth watching anyway.

LWA is a good show.

>better treatment of the animators
No.
>higher production values
Yes.

Animators get paid what they deserve. If they didn't have to redo everything because they are lazy they would get more work and get paid better. Even better, they could get promoted.

Can you explain how the downscaling would happen and how that would lead to better treatment or higher production values?

seriously?
what do you think of me then? i'm watching 9 this season.

all seasonal? Christ that's horrendous

I don't care too much about production values, but I'd gladly watch less if it meant the people making it could make a decent living.

However, this is a strange question, because it's not the large amount of anime being made that drives down wages in the industry. More positions = lower wages generally isn't how economics works.

I thought the average user picked at least 10 shows and the most hardcore ones 20+
Sup Forums is reclining.

>Tripfag
>Being wrong
Amazing.

you're not even able to savour what you've watched if you follow 10+ shows, let alone fucking twenty ones

hey me too. downloading a few more as well.

I watch between 0-3 shows a season. I guess I'm a fake weeb.

>downscaled to half of its current output
>Over 40 ongoing anime running this season
I don't see the fucking problem-
I don't have time to watch em all; I'm not planning to watch shit shows.

I wonder why animators get such a rough deal, it's not like there aren't workers unions in Japan.

Yeah, how can you possibly stream and discuss 9 shows in your anime club per week?

Literally an hour a day gives you 20 shows a week. You have all the time in the world to savour what you've watched.

no such thing exists in my country

Most of them are puppets or completely castrated in the major areas, for minor ones like animators it is pretty much lawless.

>anime club
I don't discuss shows other than on here, and even then I do so frequently, streaming 9 shows is like 3 hours a week max of total time spent watching so it's not like it takes up a lot of my time anyway.

Any kind of downscale would also affect the good series, not just the ones you don't like.

would 60fps anime work?

Put out even 1 quality show a season and I'd be fine.

OP said that the downscale in output would be in exchange for higher production values didn't he?
i mean if were talking higher production value, it usually does mean that show are made to be better, so overall the quality would increase across the board right?

Been at it 13 years and only hit 140 shows this year. I'm picky as fuck.

Yeah sounds great, I already have to go to manga for the shit I really enjoy anyway.

>Downscaling anime to 360p
Pls no

Dear Lord, yes. Not only would that give those people a decent living, but I think there is too much anime.

I think he meant in quantity, not resolution.

as long as akko got downscaled into nonexistence ill be happy. that bitch is so ugly.

this

O-oh, right.

Of course, Akko.
We all support worker's rights here.

> higher production values
Shit, missed that part.
Still, I don't think doubling the budget would lead to twice the amount of good series. Creative works aren't something that can be improved just by throwing a lot of money at them. Perhaps the best approach is indeed just to pump out a lot of series so everyone can find something they like.

>budget
Budget meme is equal to talent and good schedule. Money of course is important but not in the sense you want to believe.

Too much yay
Was hoping Akko would grow up just a bit and actually learn something/become capable instead of just using the power of the shinny rod too much?
The power of friendship should only be used only or twice to solve problems, being her only source of competence becomes boring fast

>little sales academia

>1/2

Bitch I'd go with 1/10

Yes.
Fewer, better anime with KyoAni production values animated in 2's is a fast better value.

>better treatment of the animators
No, I don't give a shit.

> higher production values?
That's vague as fuck, how am I supposed to know if an unspecified increase in production value is worth cutting output in half?

No. They should start using whips.

The shotgun method ensures at least one interesting show a season. Reducing number of shows would make things even more generic and samey as only guaranteed sellers would be made.

Are you fucking retarded? Ten shows is 1-2 episodes each day. That's basically nothing. If a half hour a day on average is too much for you to "savor what you're watching," then you have some kind of disorder.

I've been following 20+ every season for more than 5 years. You have brain problems.

>fake weeb
It's called a casual, user. Weeb does not mean "anime fan."

Sure thing.

Most seasonal anime has ALWAYS been shit. When it came to old anime, we'd always get the worst of it filtered out by Japs not liking it so American companies wouldn't license it(except Central Park Media) and so we would only be exposed to the good stuff.
Take a random year from the 80s or 90s. In this case, 1994.
How many of these shows have you actually seen? How many of them have you never even heard of? If you haven't heard of it, it's probably shit.

Now, with all the streaming and fansub services, we're spoiled rotten with ALL the shit Japan makes with no filter between us and the quality and QUALITY.

As long as the half they get rid of isn't the moe half

What does this have to do with that post?

This is bait.

Meant to link to OP
Oh well.

I would be okay with that.

Go back to the pre-Evangelion days where productions came out less frequently but were of a higher standard.

>This is bait.
No, it is not. I simply don't see the improvement in quality or the desire to go beyond 720p.

>I will never live in a world where there are only two anime per season but they're both by KyoAni

>too stupid to handle watching an hour of anime per day

>Tonde Buurin and that DBZ Movie aired when I started 2nd grade

Nigga, I usually watch shit in 5 hour sessions and even I don't watch more than 2 or 3 shows at a time.

user, an hour a day would be twenty one shows. Just accept that you're stupid.

Of course the anime format/formula is awful. Seasonal shit has to follow certain norms and aren't able to experiment. I feel like so many good ideas for shows are doomed because quality is an afterthought and they force shit out really fast.

>an hour a day is fucking impossible
Why bother

>There's an hour per day of anime worth watching
I don't think watching an hour of anime is hard or anything but if we were talking about seasonal only I'd much rather do literally anything else.

It's exactly because seasonal anime is so expendable that there can be as much risk taking as there is.
The alternative you homos want is the exact situation Sup Forums shit is, in which anything that isn't a cookie-cutter simpson-clone or a AT-looking literally for children trash heap, only come out once every few years.

Then you don't really like anime. Reddit is unironically a better place for you.

Same here, thought this season would be crap but it turned out to unexpectedly good. I usually follow around 5.

Enlighten me on the amazing anime this season then. Oh wait a minute everything is garbage and the only thing to do is catch up on backlog. And what does Sup Forums have to do with a majority of the seasonal shit being awful, unoriginal, poorly animated content?

Absolutely shit taste.

DESU most short running seasonal shows would be better as ovas

No, it wouldn't make an anime all that much better. Clichéd derivative shit is still clichéd derivative shit.

I'm watching 16 this season. I usually average over 10.

>More positions = lower wages generally isn't how economics works.
It's actually the opposite, less positions relative to the supply of labour is what drives down wages. In theory more anime should mean higher wages as studios compete for animators, but of course we know that's not how the industry works.

Oh wow, your taste must be really awful or you must be very desperate to escape from your shitty life.

I know that's sarcasm, but I still want you to leave.

>insulting people because they enjoy more stuff than you do
How sad are you that you think people aren't allowed to have more fun than you?
And you don't get to judge what's fun and what isn't and what people should and shouldn't watch.
If you think they're wasting their time, that's their problem. Not yours

Do you think animation quality and CGI quality would become better if it had said circumstances?

>Would you be able to endure anime getting downscaled to half of its current output in exchange for better treatment of the animators and higher production values?
Yes, not to mention better ideas and better writing, I'm pretty sure the sheer amount of anime and the general, unstoppoable flow of the industry is what forces shows to be made without decent original ideas worth making

>And what does Sup Forums have to do with
American (western in general) cartoons are exactly what anime would be if what OP proposed happened.
Is not by decreasing the amount of anime (and increasing their production value) that you get unusual stuff.

>Enlighten me on the amazing anime this season then.
Shingeki no Bahamut
Tsuki ga Kirei
Uchouten Kazoku S2
And those are in no way the only entertaining shows this season (a weak one at that).

Good year for mecha.

Gee awfully defensive there, did I hit a nerve mayhaps?

"animators" aren't working on all the shows airing right now. I don't see how reducing the total number of shows would have any effect on production values or their work load.

Note that inbetweeners are not animators and they can be replaced by anyone even children.

No. You hit the point of maximum retardation where you think you're better than someone else because you're entertained less than him.
The absolute edgy retardation of hating more stuff is better
You're quite literally preaching that you're better because you hate more. That's what a generic edgelord would do

>I'm not mad
>Let me just rant like a ninny to show how not mad I am
Please stop, this is just sad.

I'm reading this scenario as "half as many shows get made per season but they're all twice as good".

Unless you're already someone who watches 20+ shows every season and somehow genuinely enjoys every single one of them like it's an above average series there's no reason not to take this change.

>lel u mad. I win
Fuck off, you sad excuse for a troll
I'll give you one last opportunity
Just answer me this
Why should people listen to you about what shows they should and shouldn't watch?
Why are your standards so valuable and objectively better?

>I'm reading this scenario as "half as many shows get made per season but they're all twice as good".
That's not what OP said, unless the only thing you care about is the quality of the animation.

Not only that. The people working on actually making the shows would get paid like actual human beings.
I'd happily take OPs proposal

Less experimentation

If there's half as much anime being produced does that not universally double the amount of effort that would go into every show? Including writing and voice acting and all that?

It's just an imaginary scenario the conditions of it can be whatever you want.

The double of 0 is still 0, though

>universally double the amount of effort that would go into every show? Including writing and voice acting and all that?
Reality doesn't work that way.
The higher the costs the more unwilling to take risks the investors become. Anime would be more stale.

>If there's half as much anime being produced does that not universally double the amount of effort that would go into every show
Not him, but if you actually think this you have zero understanding of how a business works. There's no constant amount of total effort that has to be put into all your work - if you start making less, you can just do less work overall.

>It's just an imaginary scenario the conditions of it can be whatever you want.
It's OP's imaginary scenario, and the conditions he described are not the ones you're describing.

Depending on what what content is reduced. I'd welcome less harem and LN adaptations.

Jeez if someone asks "what kind of super power would you want?" do you respond with "super powers aren't real that's a stupid question you can't actually fly or gain super strength"?