The holy trinity of pretentious shit

I don't think you understand what trinity means.

Panty and Stocking, and most of the things on that
list are the opposite of pretentious. I agree with Ergo Proxy though

>holy trinity
>posts 7 images
holy wow

Exactly

The holy trinity of pretentious shit are LOGH, Monogatari Series and NGE.

>Haibane
>pretentious
How to spot a retard

Where is Akira on this list?

Eric image, my Sup Forumsedditor friend, simply Bana...however if you wish to net more upvotes, replace Cowboy Bebop (??) with Tatami Galaxy
Not at all pretentious, since it mostly caters to normals

fercsswer sds

I agree

The only anime that felt even remotely pretentious there is Ergo Proxy, Bakemonogatari it's kind of the point that it's pretentious, you're thinking of the fanbases

>tfw to smart for panty and stocking

Hope you die of brain cancer

>I am retarded therefore anything that isn't fotm is pretentious
c'mon OP, I know it's your destiny to be a faggot but it's not healthy to take THAT much cock up your ass

Oh, it's one of those "my opinion is better than yours" thread.

OP just hates ABe. He's probably mentally ill.

>Panty & Stocking
Come on.

>the rest
Yeah pretty much, I would say Monogatari Series, LOGH and Hunter x Hunter.

>Trinity
>Clearly seven of them

kys

>Bakemonogatari it's kind of the point that it's pretentious
Oh so that makes it okay, I see. What the fuck kind of logic is that?

Where's evangelion?

Yahari should be on this. I don't thing PSG or Cowboy Bebop should be on there.

>Trinity

Eva isn't pretentious on its own, but the fanbase sure as hell is.

The only people that think any of these are truly exceptional are people like us though.

ITT: Pleb'n proud.

Monogatari, Lain, Ergo Proxy, TEX are pretentious. Bebop, Haibane, P & S with G-Belt are overrated.

Mexican fags

Akira and anything Miyazaki are also highly overrated.

NGE

>Only people who watch anime care about anime
Wow, who would have thought. Thanks Cpt. Obvious.

no you

ACTUAL PRETENTIOUS TRINITY

-Psycho-Pass
-Penguindrum
-Ergo Proxy

Prove me wrong.

I won't disagree, but I feel bad for Ergo proxy, it's only accidentally pretentious. They wrote the first few episodes and the last ones before they started airing, but they had to do the rest on the fly. It's only a pretentious mess because they ran out of ideas halfway through and filled the gaps with name dropped philosophy.

Pretty much everyone realizes that the only good part of Whatevergatari is the doujins where Monkey gets fucked in the ass.

Replace Penguindrum with Kara no Kyoukai

Is Penguindrum pretentious?
It's just Ikuhara being Ikuhara

Ikuhara by definition can't be pretentious. His works are too comedic and self-aware for that.

Yeah, I thought it had its moments, outside of some of the more hamfisted philosophical back-and-forths.

More subtle episodes like the one where they were all stranded out on a boat in the middle of nowhere getting cabin fever were more fun than most.

I agree. Outside of the first few episodes and the last two episodes my favorite has to be the one with Iggy. One of the best moments in the show is when he's dying and alternatively cursing Re-L and asking for forgiveness.

Iggy was a cool guy.

How is Haibane pretentious?

It's bait ya dip.

here you go OP

Everything on here besides NHK is pretty good though.

i agree that lain is a pretentious moeshit but haibane renmei us one of my favs anime even tho they have the same creator also you forgot pic related

ITT: Deep = Pretentious

>trinity
>7
How embarrassing.

yes, we know.

ITT: Slapping buzzwords onto shows you didn't like make it not good

>we

NHK anime compromises its source material by turning an autobiographical black comedy tone piece into a fully fleshed out narrative driven by wacky situational humour, but it still has its merits. There are parts of it that still manage to convey the overbearingly depressive atmosphere of the novel, and seeing the characters more fleshed out and having more interactions with each other gives us better insight into their plights (even if it gets rid of the feeling of isolation that the novel created so well).

How the fuck is Bepop pretentious ?
I can understand the others but what did Bepop even do to earn being called pretentious ?
Or Panty and Stocking. Why is it there ?
If anything they are the opposite of pretentious.

State what makes each of them pretentious first, then people might be able to actually argue with you.

Why do you hate Hanamonogatari specifically?

He prolly just used it as a stock image for the series overall. He very likely hasn't seen anything of the series and just used one of the first results on google images to make his bait image.

Agreed.

Monster is objectively a bad anime because it's a 1:1 panel to panel adaptation

Eh I was never a real fan of the original LN either, when it comes to depressive Hikki/NEET core lit I prefer stuff like Notes From Underground.

Though getting back on topic, I just thought the NHK anime was really bland and felt poorly constructed, on top of all the changes they made from the LN which totally neutered it, the anime just felt "flimsy" or I guess I'd say 'cheap' in many respects. The poor overall construction especially apparent compared to the rest of the stuff on the list. I just can't see it on a list of "pretentious" anime which for the most part have some real merit in one area or another. In general I felt that it was just pretty mediocre.

Well played, whoever made the image in the OP. Well played.

>well played
More like sasuga Sup Forums, falling for bait that's been around for years. Though the real question is where the fuck are the mods? Back when I used to browse Sup Forums the mods actually cared about board quality and would have blammed this piece of shit thread before it ever got off the ground.

But now that it's gotten off the ground there's some actual discussion in it, so what's the problem?

I don't think he understands what pretentious means either.

Ancillary shitposting is not discussion.

I love Bebop, but I guess you could poke fun at how they make speeches comparing their battle to angels and demons destined to kill each other when they're actually just a bunch of drug dealers shooting up a church.

Can we turn this into /abe/ instead?

I get what you mean when you say flimsy, but I think that's a result of the anime's changes. Trying to force a tone piece about a guy losing his mind in his room all day into a narrative with clearly defined, comedic arcs was obviously never going to work, and make everything feel inconsistent and incoherent.
I can see why someone would put it in a bait image calling it pretentious, becuase it's an extremely well regarded show by a lot of people who regard themsleves as anime elitists. That's the only reason any show is on that image.

But talkinga bout the merits and faults of a show is, and that's what's happening right now.

Okay, that seems fair. And whenever Vicious is involved things usually take that approach.
But it's not like the comparisons are unwarranted since Bepop incorporates a lot from mythology.

Maybe. Probably not though

I guess you are right.

>seeking for intelligence
why do you watch anime user?
Are you saying that you're dumb too