Why is she so beautiful?

Why is she so beautiful?

but she's not. In fact she's canonically intended to be ugly

She isn't

I'm an asukafag but I just rewatched the rebuilds and I actually really liked Rei Q. Definitely my favorite incarnation of Rei.

She's not beautiful or ugly. She's very plain, and it's obviously intentional.

I personally liked Rei from the original.

Because she's the best.

Then why do I want to fuck her

Original incarnations of the characters are the most realistic, and best.

Personally I prefer the original version of Asuka, both TV-series and EoE. The part where she offers her body to an old man, has a nervous breakdown and tries to kill herself or the part where she gets stabbed to death is my favorite rendition of Asuka.

Likewise. This was my favorite version of Rei

Her hair is shaped like a helmet

Ah, yes, the remnants of Godlike Rei's physical manifestation. What an amazing movie EoE is. I really liked how it showed Rei one-upping Gendo and saving Shinji's soul (and everyone elses, non-metaphorically) through dropping reality bombs.

I also really liked how it depicted Asuka as little more than a sex-object.

...and her face is like a heart. Mind blown yet?

>The part where she offers her body to an old man

Kaji's not old, he's not even 30.

>has a nervous breakdown and tries to kill herself or the part

Debatable.

>the part where she gets stabbed to death is my favorite rendition of Asuka

That just doesn't happen.

>Kaji's not old, he's not even 30.
That's old, don't kid yourself.

>Debatable.
Not debatable, happens more than once too, like against Arael. Asuka is just that shit.

>That just doesn't happen.
The harpy-scene where she gets stabbed by the spears they throw is the one I'm referring to. I know it's the EVA they stabbed, but whatever, it's that scene I like, where her arm splits in two and all.

I also like the "Rei is Godlike and Amazing" scenes. Do you like those scenes?

The best part is that Asuka being shit is canonical.

>not even 30
>old
Fuck you too

Like I said, don't kid yourself. You're past your prime already.

Why is Rei so AMAZING?

She has the most beautiful smile.

>Not debatable, happens more than once too

What are you even referring to exactly? I assumed you meant when she ran off and was found in a bathtub, most people assume she was attempting suicide at that point.

Anno designed her to be slightly creepy, with unnatural hair and eyes. Too bad he accidentally made giving girls weird hair and eye colors popular.

That's one suicide attempt. Another was the part where she "gives up" fighting the Angel Arael, admitting that she wants to die there.

How does someone living like a prisoner and subsisting on pills get lash game this strong?

That's not suicide by any stretch of the imagination

>with unnatural hair and eyes
It's fucking anime.

Reminder that these:

are not even remotely true and can't be sourced anywhere, and just shows how deluded the Rei-hatebase is because they literally make up stuff about Rei. Reminder that Rei was designed to "stand out", and has the most iconic character design of all the EVA-characters.

and Rei is supposed to be a human character. humans don't usually have red eyes unless they have a condition and never blue hair, therefore unnatural

10/10 fan art

>rei
>human

Pick one.

It's a suicide attempt. Any action in which you commit yourself to causing your own death, either by action or inaction, is an attempt at suicide. Asuka, like with everything else in her life, was unsuccessful at both attempts.

This is because Asuka is supposed to represent failure, while Rei represents success. The moral of the story is that escapism does not pay off, but hard work and accepting reality no matter how cruel and using it to your advantage, will bring you forward in life. Asuka fans are therefore accepting escapism over realism.

Misato's purple hair, check mate. Like the other poster said, it's anime you dunce.

Because you have bad taste in women

>women

Try "fictional characters" you dimwit.

She was being mind-raped.

No, she was just shown the truth, which caused her to want to die. Asuka is weak, and can't handle the truth. Just like Asuka fans, she has chosen to deny reality and keep fantasizing about a phony version of herself. Anno was truly ahead of his time, marvelous.

Okay.

remember when Death made her look like a Front Innocent girl in this scene.

Finding Rei attractive even if she's a fictional character means someone has terrible taste in real women.

There. Happy? you fucking autist.

No you fat lardass degenerate, because you may prefer one type of woman in real life, but still find Rei to be beautiful as a fictional character. Are you telling me that the filth of the fanbase, the Asuka fans, prefer their women to be "barely 14, suicidal, loaded with mommy and daddy issues with a penchant for offering her body to old men" ? Is that what Asuka fans find "beautiful" in women ? Apparently, according to your backward-ass logic. Asuka a shit anyway, a fictional character for sheep and morons.

Rei was also shown her own feelings. She killed herself right there.

It's kind of remarkable just how much Reifags misunderstand original Rei-II's character. I know Eva is confusing but you would think an user would take the time out of their day to understand a character before they start calling it their waifu on an imageboard.

> She killed herself right there.
For different reasons - Rei did it to kill the Angel. Asuka tried to do it because it was either suicide, or live with the fact that she's feces in human form.

Also notice how Rei actually SUCCEEDED while Asuka failed miserably, and had to be saved by Rei. Also notice that Rei wouldn't need to commit sudoko if Asuka hadn't been feces in human form, as then Asuka could have helped Rei get away from the Angel, just like Rei did the same for her.

Asuka is worthless.

>imagine typing something like this while calling someone a lardass

>implying there isn't more girls in Eva

I don't even like Asuka that much, in fact I prefer Misato, but at least Asuka has a personality even if it's a shitty one. Rei? She's fucking unemotional.

>It's kind of remarkable just how much Asukafags misunderstand original Asuka's character. I know Eva is confusing but you would think an user would take the time out of their day to understand a character before they start calling it their waifu on an imageboard.

Asuka's character is not hard to understand though. I don't see anybody misunderstanding Asuka's character.

There are anons who claim they love Rei but don't even know what Lilith is

>It's kind of remarkable just how much Reifags misunderstand original Rei-II's character.
>Rei-II's

Want to know how I know you didn't get just Rei's character, but also most of Evangelion?

At least Rei has a personality, Asuka is just a doll that repeats her NERV programming.

Because
>IM THE BEST EVA PILOT
is not a personality, it's brainwashing. Rei can define herself by herself.

>BUT REI DOESN'T SHOW EMOTIONS OFTEN
uh, yes and? Only makes the times she does that much more impacting than what Asuka does.

NO.

>Want to know how I know you didn't get just Rei's character, but also most of Evangelion?

I would love to know, please explain.

>Asuka's character is not hard to understand though.
True, but
>I don't see anybody misunderstanding Asuka's character.

what Asuka fans do for Asuka is just that much worse than not understanding, they actively deny how garbage Asuka is.

>There are anons who claim they love Rei but don't even know what Lilith is
You can't just make stuff up, and you can't really talk either, since you still refer to Rei as "Rei II" when Rei is just Rei Ayanami in the story.

It's simple, when referring to Rei you limit yourself to Rei II, as if the rest didn't exist - major mistake. It's like saying "shinji fans don't understand shinji in episodes 7-16", or something. Plus you don't know what others understand, but we can say for sure that YOU have misunderstood.

There's a neat thread for Reiposting:
Has been kept alive for a long time too!

Except specifically Rei-II is what people are often misunderstanding. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Except you specifically have no points to make at all. You're not sure what you're trying to say here, and Rei's character isn't just "Rei II's", it's Rei Ayanami. Hence your original assertion is pointless and worst of all, untrue.

Who are you to say what a given group understands or not?

Pretty sure Rei was programmed by NERV.

Yeah as much as Asuka was a pos who did literally think she was the best pilot, at least that is more than Rei.

Because I see people making factual mistakes all the time, including you, since you think all the Rei's are the same character.

>Pretty sure Rei was programmed by NERV.

She definitely was, but the difference is that Rei resisted the programming and was her own individual. Asuka was just their puppet until the very end.

>Yeah as much as Asuka was a pos who did literally think she was the best pilot, at least that is more than Rei.

That is far less than Rei, far far less. What makes you think that?

>he thinks there are multiple Rei characters in NGE

Anecdotes aren't really evidence, I don't see the same, and by the way, the "Rei's" or as the original series canonically calls her, "Rei Ayanami" is just one character. Look it up. The titles for NGE? Rei Ayanami. EoE? Rei Ayanami. One character, one person.

This picture should get you up to speed, you always learn something new about Evangelion.

Each Rei has observably distinct personalities. All Lilith's soul, but she clearly changes with each incarnation. To say that all the incarnations are the same character is false.

>Asuka was their puppet until the very end.

No she wasn't.

>Rei resisted the programming

At the last moment only did she resisted but she still started third impact just not the way Gendo had imagined.

>To say that all the incarnations are the same character is false.
Then are you saying NGE is false? Because that's what it says.

I will never understand the nastyness that these threads produce. Its honestly astonishing. The degree to which *certain* Reifags take pleasure in Asuka's death scene is a bit disturbing.

>This is because Asuka is supposed to represent failure

No shit, she's an example of how you're not supposed to cope.

>while Rei represents success.

Rei has wonderful success, but its ultimately a singular victory that has her triumph over a spook placed on her by another, not by herself. Its because she's not constrained by her own ego, but the one put on her by Gendo, that makes her character arc to be more consistantly upward.

I thought the whole point of EoE is that despite achieving a full understanding of their problems, both Shinji and Asuka are still living and still vulnerable to life making them lose hope. To relapse into depression, and that living in spite of that is what matters. That reading into a single victory too much will lead you to further hopelessness. Hell, that's why Asuka dies, her mom's not enough to save her.

Rei is spared this because she's basically the God of Self-Actualisation. Her castle is built on solid ground, but it was built by Gendo, its her arc to storm it and take it as her own.

Asuka and Shinji have basically built their castles on sand, and have to tear them down first before they can grow as people, rebuild them on solid ground. Its inevitable, its necessary, and anyone who'se ever had this happen to them in life can sympathise with it. Just the fact that they'e laid a foundation, on solid ground, in the last scene of EoE is a happy foundation.

Rei is a backbone of the series, but for me she's not the meat, because theres so little up and down to her struggle.

I've never bought this whole "brainwashing" shit.

Rei was in it for Gendo and her assigned purpose/duty.
Shinji was in it for praise and being needed.
Asuka was in it because it gave her attention and supplemented her missing mother.

I don't know what you're saying. Reifags are impossible to have a discussion with.

Here's an Asuka.

Okay:

- Rei was programmed in the sense that they told her that she was replaceable, trained her for piloting, and generally raised her like a lab rat in the basement of NERV, who cut away her self-esteem.
- Asuka was programmed in the sense that they told her she was a special eva girl pilot, trained her for piloting, and cut away her original support organs so that NERV was the sole provider of self-esteem.

The difference here then becomes that Rei is able to overcome her "programming" through experience, while Asuka is not. If Gendo is an important figure for controlling Rei, Rei is able to acknowledge that Gendo isn't as good as he initially seemed. Asuka when confronted by various embarrasing facts about the EVA's, the Angels or herself, is unable to counteract her programming.

Add to that, the fact that Rei actively defined herself over the course of the series through introspection and monologue, while Asuka never did anything like that. Rei has a personality, Asuka does not.

> To say that all the incarnations are the same character is false.
[Citation needed]
[Argumentation needed]
[Logic needed]

Protip: You'll fail all three because there's only citations that prove otherwise, and the argument you will try making will base itself on impossible logic because then you would also demand that Shinji, Asuka, and everyone else who went through a reincarnation are not the same character as well.

NGE presents Rei Ayanami as a single character. You are proposing that NGE is wrong somehow.

You're not wrong about most Reifags, though I think what he's saying is they all have the same soul.

I'd still say Rei "fuck old hags" 1 is the same character, as that would be when she's the most in tune with gendo.

t. not a reifag

Yes she was. The only time Asuka is "active" in NGE is when she has the status of a pilot. Since piloting was how NERV puppeteered Asuka, and she died piloting, she was a puppet until the end. It's a fact.

>At the last moment only did she resisted but she still started third impact just not the way Gendo had imagined.
Wrong, because Rei changes visibly throughout the series. Resisting in EoE is simply the climax for a movement that had been building since the early start of the series.

meant for

I can see that this Eva thread is leaving the "my wife is better than your wife" phase and entering the "people who like my wife are better than people who like your wife" phase.

Well maybe I got watch NGE again to pick up on Rei's personality because I didn't pick up on it, but thinking about it since she did reject Gendo in the end.

Asuka did had a personality. Just a shitty personality.

>Rei changes visibly throughout the series
Can you give more examples other than Rei I > Rei II > Rei III?

>Shinji was in it for praise and being needed.
But you buy Shinji's own excuse? The one Misato countered like 4 times?

>I will never understand the nastyness that these threads produce. Its honestly astonishing
That's because you're biased. The Asukafag taking pleasure in the destruction of Rei through Rei Q, is merited with an equal response.

>No shit, she's an example of how you're not supposed to cope.
In other words, failure. Asuka is failure personified, she is weakness and human ugliness itself. Thematically Asuka represents regression while Rei represents regression, which is why Rei develops herself and helps other progress, while all Asuka does is drag others down with her.

It's a real shame Asuka fans deny this in preference of the "fake Asuka", which was rejected by Asuka herself in the ep.25 instrumentality scene. A true betrayal, and the reason for Shikinami's existence.

>Rei has wonderful success, but its ultimately a singular victory

It's many small victories over the course of her character that leads to a final victory.

>the rest
You are parasiting Shinji's development and applying it onto Asuka. It doesn't work that way. Shinji has ups and downs, Asuka has no ups only downs. Rei is up, Asuka is down, and together for Shinji they represent many ups and downs. That's how simple I can put it. Rei makes both skeleton and meat of the series, strip it away and you're left with disaster.

>NGE presents Rei Ayanami as a single character

No it doesn't. Each Rei has a distinct personality. Maybe it's just a result of the memory fragmentation or something else, but it's clear each of the three Reis we see act differently. To say there is only one Rei Ayanami character is misleading.

They do all have the same soul, they are not the same character.

Are you talking about their reincarnation from HIP? That's not the same thing at all, they just lost their egos momentarily.

A better example would be how BM-03 is not shinji ikari from before

"I want to be the best pilot!! (because NERV told me to)" is not a personality user. The truth is that many people don't get Evangelion on their first watch, and end up liking Asuka because she's more lively and cliched, and also it's the director's favorite.

As for Rei, well she's more complex. The point is that despite Rei being very quiet, reserved and stoic, she's got the most personality out of the girls. She is before anything else, herself - this is what Rei says. But for Asuka, she is never herself, no, she is a "job" or an "occupation", or "something to someone else". She has no personality at all, despite being very loud.

>No it doesn't. Each Rei has a distinct personality
Stop saying each Rei, there's only one Rei in the series.

It's the same as saying "Each Asuka has a distinct mood", or "Each Shinji has a distinct personality". It makes no sense. Look it up some time, there's one character in the story credited "Rei Ayanami". If you want to say otherwise:

BRING IT. Tells us why you mistakenly believe there's more than one Rei Ayanami in NGE.

>Are you talking about their reincarnation from HIP? That's not the same thing at all, they just lost their egos momentarily.
It's the exact same thing.

Their bodies are destroyed, and their souls are taken away into Lilith's womb. Same as happened with Rei. In EoE, you can even see the souls flying out of their now destroyed bodies.

I would agree with you, but you're treating Asuka as if she's only doing it because NERV told her to rather than her viewing herself as the best because she has something to prove. The fact she has such a high view of herself is because she does it to deal with deep psychological problem from her childhood that she masks with acting like a badass. That's her personality and I picked up on it, but it's a shitty personality to have and repels people away from her.

>Can you give more examples other than Rei I > Rei II > Rei III?
Well, first off your examples are false. We never observe the change from "rei 1" to "rei 2", at best we see "Rei 2" to "Rei 3".

Consider how Rei changes her opinion of others. First she is negative towards Shinji, but after spending some time with him and getting to know him among the stars, and also Shinji showing some affection, she's able to produce a smile for him. Simultaneously, Rei discovering this makes her reconsider her other relationships, in particular Gendo's. It's not a coincidence that Rei afterwards makes a comment that "she's not the favorite", indicating a souring relationship, or reflecting over the fact that she could easily thank Shinji for his help/kindness, but she had never, ever said "Thank you" to Gendo before. But after episode 23, there is of course a big change. It's an important episode, because in this episode Rei gets to see her inner heart, and get a taste of those bottled up feelings she had been hiding. She starts crying. Then she dies, and whens he resurrects: Gendo never came to visit her apparently, something Shinji remarks on. Afterwards, Rei is seen crushing Gendo's glasses.

This is something that had been building for some time, as in the end it becomes clear that the reason Rei is so suicidal is because part of her wants out of the prison Gendo created for her, but she's bound by duty to help others.

Each yui clone that they put Lilith's soul into acts differently enough that to say they are all one character is misleading. I don't say this condescendingly, but I really don't think you understand the series so well when you repeat that there is one Rei Ayanami

I wouldn't be opposed to saying that post-HIP are different characters, but to say that it is the same thing as Rei is not true, with Rei being lillith's soul herself. Again BM-03 vs. pre-near third impact Shinji is a much better comparison.

>I would agree with you, but you're treating Asuka as if she's only doing it because NERV told her to rather than her viewing herself as the best because she has something to prove.

But that is exactly what is happening though. Asuka is only attempting to show herself as "the best" because she's been conditioned, programmed to do so if you will, by NERV. Since she was a child, they told her that she was special, took away her mother, trained her, and made her completely dependent on the drug that is EVA-piloting.

NERV created her entire psychosis for their own gain. There isn't a single thing in ASuka's past NERV did not orchestrate. This is why the people around Asuka refer to her as a doll. This is why during the Arael scene, the words "I don't want to be a doll!" pops up along the words "I don't want to die!" etc pops up, those are Asuka's actual problems being brought up to the surface and shown black on white.

It's why she gives Rei such a hard time, because she projects her own failings onto Rei, who can safely and securely say that she is NOT a doll. Rei was also brainwashed, but Rei knows she's not a doll because she's been able to realize that she is being manipulated, and has therefore acted to define herself outside NERV's influence. This is why Rei doesn't break down when she can no longer serve NERV, like what happens with Asuka. Rei keeps going.

What Asuka has is an attitude, not a personality. Personality is personal, and what Asuka has is not personal, it was put there by NERV.

>You are parasiting Shinji's development and applying it onto Asuka

So you didn't pick up on how Kimochi Warui is her being disgusted with herself, among other things? She commits the first non self serving act of her entire life and she's not confortable with it. No one like her would be.

What I don't understand is all this talk about Asuka's failures in your posts. You phrase these failures as a bad thing, when they are necessary. They are painful, but they are what is necessary to tear things down and build anew.

I guess I just sympathise alot more with having to be torn down, and having grown from it, than what you found in the series. That YOU can be your own worst enemy and getting shocked out of your habits can require your world being torn out from under you.

>The Asukafag taking pleasure in the destruction of Rei through Rei Q

Never liked Rei Q bud. Just didn't flip my shit over a shitty movie. Will never understand how y'all think I was pandered to in that movie. Not gonna go further into this because I'm pretty sure I've had this same discussion 8 months ago where you'll blame me or others for how Anno feels. I want converstions between Shinji and Asuka about their Moms, not even romance, just a little "oh I know that feel."

I don't really care about Rebuild or those characters man. Nor how popular they make this or that character.

>I wouldn't be opposed to saying that post-HIP are different characters, but to say that it is the same thing as Rei is not true, with Rei being lillith's soul herself. Again BM-03 vs. pre-near third impact Shinji is a much better comparison.

You are still wrong then, because it's the same thing. BM-03 retained Shinji in a quantum state within the plug, which was explicitly different from Instrumentality where everyone's body was destroyed and their souls taken from their bodies and well into the atmosphere. Look at picture related, all those red baubles, souls.

>Each yui clone that they put Lilith's soul into acts differently enough that to say they are all one character is misleading. I don't say this condescendingly, but I really don't think you understand the series so well when you repeat that there is one Rei Ayanami

I do say this condescendingly: When the series character roster, the credits to every single episode, the authors, the extra factbooks that come with the story and the voice actors refer to Rei Ayanami in the original series as the same character, it's very safe to say that you are either stupid or some kind of Rei-hating bigot.

Here's the main point though: A character acting differently from one scene to the next does not mean there are more characters, or else there would be dozens of main characters in Evangelion. When Rei 1 acts differently from Rei 2, or Rei 2 from Rei 3, that has in-universe explanations. You don't have to invent new characters where there are none.

But BM-03 is not shinji, it's a new body pulled from the same soul. Old soul placed in new body. I would say philosophically that constitutes a new entity, and certainly a new character.

In HIP their ego borders just dissolved momentarily, but then they got them back. To me, philosophically, that constitutes the same being. Different characters I could agree to maybe if they act sharply different enough (and Asuka does, Shinji we don't see that), but actual different beings as well like the Reis, no.

I say that is excessive fanwank. You extrapolate way too much from one scene, because you are desperate to give Asuka development - development that she does not have or isn't supposed to have. The point was that Asuka couldn't develop, and that is why she has no development in the final scene. It's only your imagination that can fill in the development, and if you say one thing, I can just as easily say another because that's all this is: fanwank without basis in anything but escapism. Asuka continues to represent escapism even after the series ended.

> You phrase these failures as a bad thing,
Failures are bad. It's inherent to the word, they're only necessary in consideration to the narrative, where Rei's successes and Shinji's victories and failures are also necessary to make points about the nature of their situation and actions.

I see the humanity in all the major characters, because there's truth in all of them and that's what makes them great. But one thing has to be clear, and that is that Asuka fans refuse to do this and instead, reject the real Asuka for a comfy waifu Asuka. Like you are doing.

also, what you want is definitely "pandering". Notice how you phrase it specifically with "I want", and without considering whether or not what you want is natural for the current progression of the story? It obviously isn't, so clearly you're biased and unable to debate rationally. You understand not Asuka or Evangelion, you merely want waifu-pandering.

>But BM-03 is not shinji, it's a new body pulled from the same soul. Old soul placed in new body. I would say philosophically that constitutes a new entity, and certainly a new character.

Oh wait, you're talking about Rebuild aren't you? Well then just take your reply and shove it up your ass. This is discussing the original Evangelion, not the retarded spinoffs. I thought you were referring to the time when Shinji got tanged in EVA01.

Also, fuck your faulty philosophy. In Evangelion, it's demonstrated that that continuity of the soul is a thing. Even with your bullshit philosophy which doesn't apply in this case because Evangelion has flat-out rejected it, you would also start mentioning the rest of the characters as "different entities" as well, which you haven't done so far. So stop making pointless mental gymnastic exercises which only waste both your own and the onlookers energy, and accept the facts: Rei Ayanami, Shinji Ikari and so on, are one character.

Your philosophy doesn't matter here, the framework of literary criticism does.

You would care if Rebuild had affected you adversely, as of now it's only boosting Asuka fandom which you, admitting or not, benefit greatly from. You have been pandered to for almost twenty years now, could you consider, hypothetically, if you had been in the reverse position? Imagine every Asuka rendition since 1997 being weaker than she was in NGE and EoE, every time. Imagine Shinji and Rei growing stronger and getting more "pandering", if you will.

There'd simply be no Asuka fans in existence at all, would there?

Yeah, BM-03 is the shinji we see in 3.0. I'm just using it as an example, it's much more analogous to the Reis than pre and post HIP shinji and asuka

I don't think you know what philosophy means. Hint: it doesn't mean ideology. All I meant there is that when trying to derive the basest definition of identity you can't claim that the Reis are the same person but you can claim that Shinji and Asuka are after HIP

Rei and Asuka is beautiful.

What's she trying to catch? Whales?

...and my point is that you are seriously reaching to attack a fact that has been put in stone a long time ago. I don't even agree with your philosophy either, and the majority of the world (though religion especially) does not either.

We can, and WILL claim for a fact that Rei is just one character in the original story. There's a reason she's only mentioned once in the credits in the original, like everyone else. Horatio is listed but once in Hamlet, and when the audience applauds for Romeo and Juliet, their names are only read once each.

Asuka and Rei is beautiful*

FTFY

We are all conditioned by our surroundings in some way, so even if Asuka was conditioned by NERV to have a view of herself of being the best in the end that trait is something she herself owns. She herself, even if conditioned by NERV, wants to be the best.

I don't disagree Asuka has a very projecting personality, and she did project on Rei a lot, but it was a fault with her personality being insecure of who she was (hint why she probaly had to prove herself time and time again, not only because NERV made her that way like you seem to imply).

>We are all conditioned by our surroundings in some way, so even if Asuka was conditioned by NERV to have a view of herself of being the best in the end that trait is something she herself owns.
Self-contradictory and wrong. It's NERV that owns the EVA's, and the ability to make Asuka a pilot or not, and therefore they own Asuka. Asuka is not her own person, and she has no personality, Asuka is just a doll. EoE makes a very clear point in using Asuka as a sex-relief device, just like Asuka fans use Asuka every day. It also makes a strong point in not having Asuka do anything except when she's in an EVA, and never taking a single step of her own in the entire movie. Only inside "mommy's womb" is she active.

This is how NERV made Asuka their puppet, and they succeded. Asuka lived the life of a puppet, was nothing more than a puppet, and died a puppet. Maybe Rei's intervention saved her in the end, but that is never explained.

Fujos, she is baiting with kawoshin yaoi.

I didn't phrase that right, but you're lying to yourself if you geniunely think Asuka had no personality because she did.

It's a designation he's given by other characters before they're satisfied he's physically and mentally Ikari Shinji, he's not presented as a different character at all.

A Zoid.

Is rei doomguy

>Rei in Asuka is beautiful.

FTFY

She had a particular attitude and behavioral pattern. A "personality" is different. Some people misuse the word personality in daily conversation to mean that "people are boring" or "lack flavor" - that's not what I mean. There's better words to describe that.

Asuka has no personality because her "personality" is not personal, it literally belongs to NERV. They have Asuka on a leash, and they have her trained like a bitch because Asuka never did what Rei did: define herself by her own terms, and accept that she is herself BEFORE she is an EVA-pilot. Asuka can't recognize herself without the EVA, but Rei can.

That makes Rei the stronger person, and the person with an actual personality. You can't take away Rei's personality unless you physically rewire her soul or brain, but for Asuka, all you have to do is take away her EVA and she literally ceases functioning, like a marionette without threads.

Call it what you want user. I don't really disagree that Asuka couldn't function without operating Eva because she invested her identity around it (brainwashed by NERV to do so).