Lets say Dorohedoro is gets animated

Lets say Dorohedoro is gets animated
Which studio would you want to animate it and do you think it'll be as good as the manga and be popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhQQ57N-9ys&list=PL7Rn0Ba-6QMhBjXp0lRl10Dgc6obLhpLi&index=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kyoani

Shaft

Shaft I guess and knowing nippon taste, sales will be nonexistent.

I don't want Dorohedoro to be popular, look at what happened since the Blame movie came out on Netflix.

Shaft, Madhouse or Mappa i guess
I'd rather not have it animated at all though, it works way better as a manga
Besides, even if it got an anime, no doubt it'd be CGI shit like Berserk and Blame

I want Pierrot to make it into the next Naruto. I don't mind the fillers, they are good with them.

I can't see Dorohedoro working in a modern animated production. If I could go back in time, I could see it working as a 110 minute OVA produced in the mid/late 1990s that bombs so hard the intended sequel is never made, but slowly garners a cult status.

2017 would be the year some company tries to re-adapt it in shitty low-budget tv form. It will alienate fans of the original OVA and the manga but expose the work to a wider, appreciative audience.

The popularity of the shitty new show leads to a domestic live action that does poorly and a Hollywood adaptation just as obscure as the live action Fist of the North Star or Riki-Oh. Most people will consider it terrible, but a small base confusing contrarianism with discerning taste will value it like the second coming of Jesus, and will insist on bringing it up in every vaguely related thread.

Madhouse would probably be able to do it right, maybe Shaft.
Also, I can't seem to find the last couple of volumes online, where's a god place to read the rest of it?

youtube.com/watch?v=yhQQ57N-9ys&list=PL7Rn0Ba-6QMhBjXp0lRl10Dgc6obLhpLi&index=6

completely inrelated but from the from the thumbnayl that looks pretty much exactly like the devil's machine

I would love to see it done but the story is so dense it would be nigh impossible to adapt to such a limited time-frame. You have so many different characters and groups all doing there own thing and contributing equally to the plot. And if you're only going to do a small chunk (Which would be way more sensible), I can't think of any satisfying point to end it.

Shaft would have some of the flair, but wouldn't really have the content.

Madhouse I think would have the proper pacing with the humor, but wouldn't visually match the aesthetic properly.

Well it, Hole, is kind of like an anti-devil machine.

>Anime
>Good as the manga
>ever
Shirly, you jest?

Just make it short comedy skits set in Hole and the mages' world and I'll be happy.

I think it should look like this one western animated industrial/punk film I saw years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember the name or find out what it is with google searches.

>do you think it'll be as good as the manga
Not possible without changing the art style drastically. And then it would still be shit.

The manga is near perfect, it doesn't need an anime adaption.

It would never work

>gets anime
>retards shitpost about how edgy it is
Nah thanks

I think the best way, realistically, would actually be something stylized like the 90s animated batman series.

In my fantasy timeline where Mr. Green energy drink wasn't discontinued, the anime would instead be a sketched stylization with alternate 3d media made of various trash.

Did the last couple chapters get translated yet? Hole-kun was fucking shit up, can't find the ending ones.

>like the 90s animated batman series.
kill yourself, you literal garbage person

Are you really hating on BTAS?

The closest would probably be whoever were the people involved in that Hells Angel OVA. The sketchy art was pretty similar to the source material and also kinda like Doro's as well. But yeah, it doesn't really need an anime. Doro is one of those manga that really works best as a manga.

That said, a drama CD would be need.
> Noi - Romi Paku
> Shin - FukuJun
> Haru - Kobayashi Yuu
> Kaiman - Suzumura kenichi
> Nikaido - Maaya Sakamtoto
> Ebisu - KugiRie

The style isn't very good. There are other anime that better captures film noir. Also the blocky character designs looks underwhelming.

It's technologically impossible to animate Dorohedoro well with reasonable budget in this century.

If AI animators (not just 3DCG, literally AI that knows how to draw) ever become a thing, then it might happen.

I hate nostalgiafags as much as the next guy, but Dorohedoro's style just wouldn't survive the transition these days.

Mappa, but

Bones or IG

it's nothing to do with nostalgia, the art style just doesn't lend itself to animation. It's sketchy and weird and full of negative space.

....damn, man.

seconded

Jc staff

If it came out in the 80s it would have been a canned OVA that's just a well-animated gorefest with very little of the humor and character interactions. If they adapted it nowadays it would be censored to hell, have intrusive CGI and just be a short advertisement for the mango, but at least Noi is voiced by Sawashiro.

>If AI animators (not just 3DCG, literally AI that knows how to draw) ever become a thing, then it might happen.

But that would mean human extinction!

Bones and funnel budget into them

Sanzigen

Just ignore them?