How do you come from this

How do you come from this...

to this?
Seriously what were they thinking?
Making something moe does not mean success.

Looks like trash on both pics.

Stop making bait threads/posts.

Do not respond.

Here are all the responses to the question:
Nihei sold out.
Nihei grew as an artist.
Nihei didn't know how to draw faces in 1999.
Moe sells better.
She is not relevant in the manga but is relevant in the film.
The film is bad.
The film is intended to draw people into the main work.

You forgot the most likely one:
Nihei knew how to draw faces, but intentionally made everyone in Blame! look "off" in order to sell that these aren't really what we'd think of as human.

Wrong. Read the question again, then read my answers again. I covered it.

Don't bump shitposting threads, and don't respond to shitposts.

Oh damn you're right.
I kinda wanted to bump this to start Blame! thing but if threads on Sup Forums tend to retain the character of their OP then I'll wait.

We just had a super comfy Blame! thread max out and drop off the catalog a couple of hours ago.

I know, I was looking for a new one and saw this.

We're probably not going to see much traction in this thread until America wakes up, if then. Even with the movie release, this is a pretty niche-y topic, kind of like how you never see Five Star Stories threads on Sup Forums because it doesn't generate enough discussion to survive the deluge of dogshit Sup Forums laps up constantly and posts about incessantly.

Huh, I always thought "the City" referred to the entire structure as a whole.

the same shit happen to Sanakan and Cibo

i don't see anyone bitching about that

disgusting chicken scratch symbol drawing
perfection

People always view the size of the City as a scary thing. IMO it populates a lot of empty useless space with something, so its not inherently a bad thing. Right now the only habitable area for humanity in our solar system is something along the lines of 0,000000000000000001% of the space. In BLAME! most of the City at least supports conditions humans can somewhat exist in (at least breathe if nothing else).

It does. Megastructure is what separates the layers of the City. The City is the entirely of the giant expanding Dyson sphere of crazy.

Makes one wonder what was the population peak

>Nihei knew how to draw faces
he atleast knew about the face human proportion

his face just fall right in the uncanny valley

More like it contains that empty space in something. At one point Killy has to cross a single room with the diameter of Jupiter, with nothing of note in that space but a floor. There are giant swathes of emptiness encapsulated by megastructure, because the Builders are batshit and don't even finish a level before starting another one.

"Implicated" should be "implied." "Implicated" means to be shown to have been involved in a crime.

Probably not far from where it's at now, the Builders went crazy after the plague and the plague is what made humans into scattered remnants.

But she was the one who remained almost the same. Killy, Cibo and Sanakan got changed the most and nobody gives a shit.

City was much smaller before shit hit the fan. At the end of NOiSE, 3000 years had passed since Safeguard was created and the City was starting to eat up the moon by that point. So you can imagine how many years it took for the City to reach Jupiter.

Then again City is so big that it could easily sustain more people than our current Earth, even if they would live in small tribes.

post sanakans please.

Maybe the city started being built more quickly as it expanded.

Don't look at me, I didn't write the shit.

Sure, that would still take thousands of years to reach that point. So by the time the story of BLAME! begins, Killy could easily be over 6000 years old.

She's still cute in that art style so it's moeshit too.

It's probably not unreasonable to assume that by the time of Blame 2!, Killy is well over 10,000 years old.

no

Freedom doesn't sleep, user.

>up at 6:13 on a sunday
What kinda fucking guy does this.

5:15 for me but I'm a spic.

10,000 is a gross understatement. I did the math the other day, remember? If Killy were moving at 75 MPH, constantly, in a straight line, the amount of time it would take for him to reach the end of The City *from Earth* would be 6,000 years. Probably tack on 2,000 more years if we're going from the sun.

>Seriously what were they thinking?
"We have to earn money"

That's way too fast for him, considering how he generally walks and he always has shit to do between every room. Besides the City is irregular as fuck, saying you could walk in a straight line is wishful thinking.

That was my point.

But then that user is right, Killy is way older than 10,000 years old.

>10,000 is a gross understatement

Well, fuck me. I read it as 10,000 is a gross overstatement.

There are probably quadrillions of people still living on it during the events of Blame!, considering how big it is that would still give a ludicrously huge area per person.

My main problem with the Blame! film is that it's fucking rendered at like 5fps and looks jerky as fuck. Even SVP couldn't deal with it.

Someone once calced the City, and he came out at it having more mass than our galaxy. It reaches beyond the Oort cloud, so it's just insanely big. It's implied that they are not only devouring our own galaxy, but are also harvesting an unknown number of alternate realities. And the whole structure is kept standing (and not collapsing in a massive black hole) by fucking with space and time. Serious damage even gets "reset" by timebased shenanigans.

Pretty much any fiction could invade the City and just vanish to never to seen again. It's just that big, and just that hax when the security systems decide that you are a threat.

I also read that spacebattles post, although Im pretty sure at this point it just converts energy to matter rather than manually harvesting existing matter.

Nonetheless, that energy's coming from somewhere. Even inadvertently, if it continues to grow, The City will have eventually consumed all of the 'once-matter' of planets, stars and solar systems far away from us.

They also use energy from alternate dimensions.

Where is that stated? It's not anywhere in the artbook, as far as I know.

Gate and Attack on Titan prove you wrong.

In order to be successful with an anime adaptation you need to turn it into the most moe garbage you can think of while still keeping the story the same.
THAT is the key to success.

>... while still keeping the story the same
tohoho ok

Oh, it was just a conjecture based on the alternate timeline Killy and Cibo went. The gravity furnace in the Toha Industries influenced both timelines, and the energy used were from both dimensions.

PS: haven't watched the movie yet

Someone link the gti scans plz

Someone clearly activated the moe converter.

Life finds a way.

they really missed the note on well practically everything.
The main cast are a bunch of clumsy emotional children
Killy is a guy of few words but they interpreted that as a batman impersonator that got kicked in the head when he was a child apparently
The internet node and the safeguards come out of the matterfabricator pre scratched and dirty.
The few moments when they are out and about in the city away from their village there is no proper sense of scale portrayed of the city it just looks like they are hopping from large boxes in an oil refinery it doesn't inspire a sense of awe or wonder or anything and lastly the animations where lazy like when sanakan transforms or a safeguard spawns they turn the camera to the chumps and and look at our faces as we describe what happens and then they turn back the camera to show the new MMD model that got dragged and dropped into the frame. the fights where uninspired and sanakan was slow for no goddamned reason just standing on Killy for half an hour and the GBE got downplayed to shit.

I bitched about Cibo in the last thread.

I havent been here last week, but what's Sup Forums's consensus on the movie?

Did not meet major expectations; still, has at least one watchable sequence. That's the skeletal consensus.

It's simple, if kind of sad. His daughter told him while he was working on Sidonia that she was embarrassed by his work and wished he would make something more like Shingeki. It's not some kind of change in the industry, but just that comment that changed his mind and got him to reevaluate his whole style and approach to adaptations.

>The main cast are a bunch of clumsy emotional children
Because a film solely about Killy wouldn't gel with general audiences. It wouldn't be engaging at all.
>Killy is a guy of few words but they interpreted that as a batman impersonator that got kicked in the head when he was a child apparently
Yeah the edgy tone to his voice was lame. But I like the idea of him forgetting certain words due to lack of contact with other humans.
>The few moments when they are out and about in the city away from their village there is no proper sense of scale portrayed of the city it just looks like they are hopping from large boxes in an oil refinery it doesn't inspire a sense of awe or wonder
Yes, they really fucked that up and I have no idea how. It wouldn't be difficult at all to frame the characters in certain positions.
>uninspired
Killy vs Sana-kan was great. Just Killy trying to go ham.
>just standing on Killy for half an hour
She realized Killy was a Safeguard, so she requested access to a GBE. Before she eliminated Killy, she elucidates what he is and offers him a chance to return. When he shakes his head, she's about to do it but detects Cibo trying to get into the Netsphere which then took priority. It works.
>GBE got downplayed
>Wistful piano each time Killy uses it
>Always saves the day when he uses it
>Implying

>Imblying
The current climate of anime means this Blame! film could not have been made without a few moe characters. That's just facts. To deny this is to deny what is going on in anime now.

I was fine with cibo(not the haughty smarmy attitude they seemed to have given her) but the face is fine. Sanakan on the other hand was unrecognizable. face too chubby and too much emotion on her face. the bitch looked like a non googly eyed maeve .

not muh sanakan.

>face too chubby
Same with Killy, also he looks like a zombie now.

I dont care, I still love both the original and this adaption .... faggets

I agree, but at least they did something good with her new face capable of expression: After she destroys most of Cibo's body, she indifferently turns to Killy, not a care in the world because she believes she's already won. Just casually lifts up her hand to deflect/absorb Killy's GBE shot. But the beautiful thing is we get to see her face when she realizes she fucked up. Her eyes widen just before the moment of her death, knowing she can't possibly survive this blast, and it's a fucking grand moment after all the shit she put the Fishers through.

>Sana-kan
TRIGGERED

>His daughter told him while he was working on Sidonia that she was embarrassed by his work and wished he would make something more like Shingeki.
Stop adding to the legend. The quote is:
>お父さんも進撃の巨人みたいに面白い漫画描けばいいのにと娘に言われちまったよ。
>My daughter said, "Dad, you should draw an interesting manga like Shingeki no Kyojin."

Need more smug face sanakan

[Wistful piano plays]

is the music that plays when killy punches sanakan in the face on the soundtrack?

Blame! movie best grill power rankings:

1. Sanakan
2. Cibo
3. Zuru
9001. Tae

Sidonia was a mistake. Getting married was a mistake. Having a daughter was a mistake.

What is that face trying to convey?

Sidonia was better than everything else he did after Blame.

Not very convincing bait.

You're delusional if you think Biomega or Abara are better.

Biomega and Sidonia were clusterfucks, but Abara was quite solid.

I don't like this Killy. He talks too much.

>i was just pretending and drawing retarded ugly characters on purpose

Who are you quoting?

Abara is so short and abstract it might as well be an artbook.
Sidonia actually has a coherent story and lasts ten volumes before falling apart, so it's better in my opinion.

Movie was great. CGI fits perfectly with Nihei style. Femdom Cibo is miracle. I hope they will continue to make Blame movies

you're hilarious
but stop posting

he's right

Too bad, Nihei is moe now.

>and lasts ten volumes before falling apart
But there are 15 volumes, that's 1/3 of the story that is not worth reading, and it's worse because you have to invest more time on Sidonia than short series like Abara. That's why a lot of people were pissed with the end of Sidonia.

nihei

SAVAGE

fresh of the press

Stop.

Best Nihei one-shot, by far.

Does anyone know if that walking sim is still being developed? There hasn't been any updates on the blog for almost 2 years now.

i'd mating press her

It's generally assumed that no, it is not being developed. The developer never said that he was abandoning the project, but he never said that he was certainly going to continue. It's entirely possible that he's working on it in private in his free time and hasn't made enough progress to warrant making a massive blog-post about it. But, the only way to *know* any of this is for someone to find out who he is/was, track him down, and contact him. If anyone can think of any means of doing that..

If we want to be technical, I think I prefer the Blame 'oneshot' to any of the other oneshots.

Tangential: Suzumega wasn't really intended to be a oneshot. It just was never picked up, I guess. That's why we've got the "To be continued...?" at the end, as opposed to the just "End" on all the others. Suzumega's material was recycled into Sidonia, though, so don't get any hopes up.

I think I'll dump the Blame oneshot; I'm bored, and more people ought to read it.

You know, considering how much alterations to the plot and stuff. I won't be surprise if the movie plot was based on one of the alternate CIty and they throw in the moe converter as an easter egg.