+Paranoia Agent
-Watamote,CG
++Monster,Berserk,Eva,Kenshin
++Monster,EoE

3/3 FLCL, TTG, Ping Pong
What's bottom right and top right?
3/3 Eva, TTG, FLCL
Hi Kenji
7/9 +Paranoia Agent, TTG, NHK, Bebop, Ping Pong, Kaiji, Perfect Blue -Watamote, Code Geass
1/1 Eva
3/4 Eva, TTG, Perfect Blue -TTGL
1/1 Eva

bump

++ Kaiba, Tutu, Lain, NGE, Ping Pong, FLCL, Tatami
+ Kaiji, Jinrui

You're doing just fine, newfriend.

bottom right is initial D first stage and top right is from studio gibli commercial

what is top left and mid mid?

Hello friends

5/7
2/5
10/13
6/9
6/8
6/7
5/7
2/3

I think it's the rating that makes these threads shit. Why would you want somebody else to rate your taste? Like I can understand if these were just sort of table pieces for discussion, like here's the context of what I like, use that as a jumping-off point for discourse, but these are just drive-by ratings. What do you do with that information once you have it?

A scenario that makes perfect sense is one where you see a 3x3 of somebody with very similar taste to your own but you haven't seen one show so you go and watch that show and enjoy it. That seems like actual value. But collating all this data, "this is how many people like the same shows I like," and then doing it over and over to the point where you're all just rating the same 3x3s time and time again is just dumb.

Take the emphasis off of rating. Put it onto discussion of how tastes differ and why. Make 3x3 threads the one place on Sup Forums where people can accept that everybody's taste is different, especially when it comes to anime, a specifically fractured and niche-oriented medium. Make 3x3 threads an environment of self-analysis and also exploration.

interested to know what one is the secound to last panel

but also remember that its not all about rating taste its also about rating the looks of your 3x3

3/9
3/9
2/9
3/9
1/9
3/9
1/9
2/9
3/9

somehow i find this really enjoyable to look at

It's liked/seen

Not entirely sure if I understand what you're saying,but if you mean bottom middle,that one is Monster

You can start by becoming an example of this.
There are occasionally people that try to personalize the number/number format.

>Make 3x3 threads the one place on Sup Forums where people can accept that everybody's taste is different
We are not encouraging people who have only seen 30 anime to stick around and pollute the rest of the board more than they already are.

You can hardly claim to have any such thing as "taste" on the basis of a meager sample size.
In any case this elitist attitude of yours is also a result of ignorance that only serves to increase the collective ignorance of this board.

I'm beginning to want to replace DRRR. I still love its characters, their fun dynamics, the way they constantly evolve throughout the series, and it'll always have a special meaning to me as the first show I watched while it aired back in 2010. But the whole premise of eccentrics forming gangs and trying to kill each other for trivial, abstract reasons just doesn't seem as cool or make as much sense as it did years ago. Especially when there's been so many great shows that have aired recently that contend with it.

4/4
I think DRRR really sticks out by having such a universally great cast that doesn't focus too much on one or the other.

5/5

2/10 post

2/2

6/6

3/3
Never realized bottom left was Texh until yesterday

5/5

1/1

7/8 -NHK

4/5 -Aria

5/5

And how exactly would you impose this? This isn't MAL, friend, you can't click on their profile and see how much they've watched. Someone could easily just say they've seen a good amount of anime and just like shitty entry level shows like SAO. How do you just expect to accept all taste but plan to exclude those with low powerlevels in a format where you can't determine said criteria? You're just a fucking retard who whines about how they want others to do something but can't accomplish it themselves.

In fact I was protesting against since the general implication seems to be that people who have watched only a few entry level series have "shit" taste that pollutes this pure patrician board.
I was trying to point out that those people don't inherently have "shit" taste either by being less intelligent or lacking artistic sense simply on account of being less experienced and therefore it is unwise to conclude that they can't contribute to a discussion in any way.
In this sense I also protested against the idea that those people should be "excluded" as you phrased it.
I think that was obvious from my post. If it was not I apologize.
I think I have accomplished pretty well not excluding anyone. If anyone feels excluded by me, again, I most sincerely apologize.

You're missing the point of the original. Entry level bad shit can definitely be pointed out, I just think that these threads go too far to encourage a specific taste.
They've definitely gotten better in the last few months though.

That is taste. Taste is not about what you like, it's about why you like it and appreciation. People who have seen little have shit taste as they have very little appreciation and experience to fall back on and are going to be easily impressed and overstate positives as they lack a frame of reference. This is why shows with a broad popular appeal are associated with shit taste as they appeal to people on a superficial level who might not be able to vocalize why they like something or appreciate it on a deeper level. Acting as if people who have seen very little don't have taste because taste can only be acquired through experience is not only fundamentally wrong, but stupid.

You discourage these people from being satisfied and complacent with their shit taste to encourage them to return if and when they improve their taste, not to create a secret club with only like minded individuals. People who have obviously seen very little aren't going to contribute much to any conversation or else it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious.

I don't see a difference in what you're saying and what's already being done. Are some mosaics held in higher regard than others? Sure, that's inevitable. When certain mosaics are going to be highly discouraged, it's inevitable that some with be more encouraged. The problem is not that people of a certain community with relatively similar taste and values hold certain shows highly, the problem is with frequency of both these threads and the people who post in them. They directly conflict with the general values of the board of anonymity and encourage people to basically tripfag with their mosaic rather than a tripcode. It's not an issue of encouraging certain taste but rewarding individuals with recognition and notoriety for having said taste and encouraging them to repost their mosaic for attention.

>likes the worst anime ever made
I can't describe how much I hate people like you.

3/5

7/10

2/6

3/6

kill yourself, like OP

kill yourself, like OP

3/5

1/3

4/5

>worst anime ever made
What anime is that, exactly?

>Acting as if people who have seen very little don't have taste because taste can only be acquired through experience is not only fundamentally wrong, but stupid.
A matter of semantics.
> People who have obviously seen very little aren't going to contribute much to any conversation or else it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious.
As I already pointed out I fundamentally agree with this statement.
>You discourage these people from being satisfied and complacent with their shit taste to encourage them to return if and when they improve their taste, not to create a secret club with only like minded individuals.
And you probably think children should be beaten.
Punishing people by discriminating them on the basis of something they could have had no knowledge of will make them aware of their ignorance but also inevitably enrage them. From there on depending on their personality they might choose to discriminate you in return by defying you and your sensibilities or they may become motivated to try to fit in in your group and in turn discriminate against people that don't. I don't consider either of those scenarios very procreative. In fact I believe it's precisely this that encourages complacency.
I don't see how having a civil and respectful discussion with someone could encourage them to be complacent.

how to make your 3x3:
1. preferably keep the 9 squares format. No one will think you are cool if you choose different shapes
2. try to pick images that are easy to recognize, with one of the main characters or showing something iconic from that anime
3. preferably only anime in your 3x3. make separate ones for movies, mangas and OVAs
4. making it easy to read is more important than making it look cool
5. 3x3 equals 9

these are just sugestions, but if your 3x3 is getting ignored you probably should follow them. most Sup Forumsnnons are extremely lazy and won't make any efforts decifrate your 3x3 if you pick shitty images

Fucking three Final Fantasy games? Seriously? If I hate something, it's seeing two or more games from the same franchise in a 3x3.
Also what kind of a mixed bag is that movie and book mosaic. The Brothers Karamazov next to The Brothers Lionheart? Ikiru and Stalker next to Life is Beautiful?

Movies and OVAs are technically anime though

I hate the idea of needing to separate out movies and OVAs. I don't care if other people do it, but for me it's hard to pick 9 movies or OVAs that I would like nearly as much as my top TV anime. I'd rather just mix my 3x3, because that's the most honest display of my true favorites.

>I already pointed out I fundamentally agree with this statement.
The people you're describing as such a minority they're not even worth mentioning. The people who might have something interesting to say will say it and aren't going to be shot down based purely on the fact they have a low powerlevel, they'll be turned down based on the merit of what they say. That's internet to the entire board. As they should be discouraged for having seen very little in a thread about general taste.

>And you probably think children should be beaten.
False equivalence, not even remotely relevant to the discussion.

>I don't consider either of those scenarios very procreative.
What are you doing here, then?

>I don't see how having a civil and respectful discussion with someone could encourage them to be complacent.
You're ignoring context. If someone contributes something of value, there is nothing wrong and it doesn't encourage complacency. If they post an interesting analysis of themetatic elements or something like that, nobody is going to tell them to fuck off, but you're in a 3x3 thread where you contribute your taste. If you haven't seen shit, you aren't contributing when you post your toonami tier favorites and thus should be activately discouraged. Ignoring their obviously low powerlevel and engaging in a discussion with them enforces that their blatantly low powerlevel is OK and that they can engage with the thread and not have to better themselves. That's how it's encourages complacency.

Now we're talking.

>mangas
>Sup Forumsnnons
>sweeping generalizations
>no capitalization
Fuck off and lurk more, faggot.

Very reddit

+ Eva, FLCL, Tatami, Aria
+ Kaiji, Mononoke, Monster, Bebop
- NHK, Watamote, CG
+ HxH, Berserk, Eva, Monster (implying their manga versions)
+ Kaiji, Eva, FLCL, Tatami
- Lain
+ Haruhi, Kaiji
- NHK, Lain, Nadia

>False equivalence, not even remotely relevant to the discussion.
I think it is pretty appropriate and relevant.

You can't expect a child to engage in a behavior as complex as that of an adult. If you punish a child for not being able to behave as an adult this child is going to be angry and frustrated. As a result he might still learn more complex behavior as it gains further experience to a varying extent but he is still very likely to respond with rage in situations where he considers himself subordinate or with arrogance in situations where he considers himself a figure of authority or with other similarly unhealthy behavior that encourages negative emotions.

You can't spoil a child by tolerantly pointing out his mistakes and encouraging achievements that correspond to his current level of competence.

>likes the worst anime ever made
>kill yourself, like OP
You seem to be a nice person user.

Only good taste in the thread

This site is for 18 year olds and older. Causing physical harm to those unable to properly rationalize, cope, or fend for themselves ritualistically and abusing your position of power over them is in no way similar to posting even the meanest things on an anonymous imageboard with people you don't even know and more than likely never will.

You're basically advocating for people to be nice to you, since people already discourage unwanted or unconstrucive behavior and encourage the opposite, as pointed out by the complaints of "these threads go too far to encourage a specific taste", and being a smarmy faggot complaining that people don't do things in the way you think they should rather than what they're even doing, to which I just say fuck off.

>actually, seriously, honestly and unironically having Lain among your 9 favourite shows

The worst kinds of pseudo-elitists who shit up the board by pretending they understand 2deep4you pretentious turds that are a pain to watch just so they could seem smart. The kinds of people who unironically follow Anime Snob and think he knows what he's talking about.

Please name them all then, elitist user.

>Causing physical harm to those unable to properly rationalize, cope, or fend for themselves ritualistically and abusing your position of power over them
I am not talking about abuse. I am talking about "traditional" "education".

>posting even the meanest things on an anonymous image board with people you don't even know and more than likely never will.
"It's OK for other people to feel bad as long as I don't know them."

>You're basically advocating for people to be nice to you
I don't think I differ from most people in this respect. Why is that bad?
>and being a smarmy faggot complaining that people don't do things in the way you think they should rather than what they're even doing
Forgive me for the arrogance of thinking it's better to treat other people tolerantly. I think I could have given a more thorough consideration to your point of view if you responded to me less aggressively but as things stand I have no desire to. That sure will teach me not to be so complacent.

>end your suffering and kill yourself

First time doing this

>I am not talking about abuse.
>And you probably think children should be beaten.
This is just pure retardation.

>"It's OK for other people to feel bad as long as I don't know them."
If you're of such weak constitution that some random person you know nothing about expressing a negative opinion about you on an anonymous imageboard where nobody knows you and the exchange will be forgotten by everyone in a matter of a couple of hours effects you that deeply, you need to stay off the internet.

The irony of the last part is you insinuate you aren't being arrogant then proceed to be arrogant by dismissing what was said simply on the grounds of tone rather than merit. Consider fucking off forever.

>This is just pure retardation.
I don't know if it is retardation or not but many people would find it within acceptable limits to hit your child if he has done something bad as a method of reinforcement. Not even your father has ever hit you?

>The irony of the last part is you insinuate you aren't being arrogant then proceed to be arrogant by dismissing what was said simply on the grounds of tone rather than merit.
The irony is that it was the point I was trying to make. The fact is that most people react to the tone of a statement and not to it's content because they are not robots. Whether you like it or not won't change it.

I am sorry for not being as strong an manly as you are.

>Consider fucking off forever.
You already suggested this several times. I will have it in mind.

New version

4.5/6
3/4
7.5/8
7/8
4/5
3/5
5.5/6 for Anime Series
7/7 for Anime Movies
4/4 for Manga

These two aren't bad.
This one is alright too.

>one of these is not like the others

Is it Turn A? None of the others are mecha shows.

Whats below NHK

no
yes
yes
no
yes
no
yes
no
no
yes
yes
no
mostly no
no
no
yes
no
still no
absolutely yes
no

>no
yes

I skipped school when we learned numbers, sorry mate

>Slayers
mein neger

Is it weird that I enjoyed Samurai Champloo way more than Cowboy Bebop?

Onizuka and Joe, fuck yes.

must be sad to have such bad taste

I am a simple man with simple taste, nothing sad about it.

Seems kind of inconsistent. OP and the second poster might as well be the same person.

First time I see taste this bad here.
Just no.

8/9 good tastes man, I should remake mine, it's been 2 years since my I made my last 3x3

6/6 bonus point for shin-chan

Spot on. Lain was horrible and pseud manchildren are cancer.

sorry if I ruined your fun, by not having an elite taste like yours.
Oh and just so you know this like the 50th time I posted in the 3x3 thread. maybe you should visit more often. :^)

Jesus, I feel like it's been ages since your last post.

Are you trying to show off what a scrub you are or something?

Probably. I rarely even look at these anymore.

>just no

What is the left of Aria

What if I just like shows where little girls go through suffering?

There is plenty to enjoy about Lain without wanting to seem smart anyway. It's great at creating an atmosphere, the direction is creative, the aesthetic is attractive to some, lots of its subject matter remains oddly relevant. Even if it is flawed in many ways I can see why that would be enjoyable and even enough to be a favourite to some. I don't think everyone who enjoys Lain thinks its some philosophically profound masterpiece like the strawman seems to be making out.

Yeah, I agree. I'm particularly attracted to tech-based stuff like that, from around that time period, since I was coming of age right around then and the anxiety around burgeoning information superstructure was part of my childhood.

I also saw Lain as an 11-year-old (because video rental stores didn't know what the fuck was in the anime VHSes they had), and it completely blew my mind, so it has a special place in my heart.

>All these people who like NHK
You're alright with me