Bleach / AssClass

First part of the interview is out.
missstormcaller.tumblr.com/post/161160073942/jump-giga-tite-kubo-and-matsui-yūsei-interview

Apparently Kubo got sick after 10 years and that's why the last arc is so shit and the backgrounds became less and less. Also he doesn't really give a fuck anymore.

>Matsui: Well, yes! That’s not normal at all. Hearing that puts me to shame. I wonder if you did the manuscript thinking “I’m going as far as to give up my whole body and soul for this” ? (Laughs).
>Kubo: Not at all (laughs).

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-11-08/shonen-jump-manga-creators-also-send-off-naruto-with-comments/.80813
wowjapan.asia/2016/08/shonen-jump-mangaka-pay-tribute-tite-kubo-bleach-manga-ends/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess he really hated what of became bleach because of his editor

>(laughs)

KUBOOOOOOOOO

>Q: You were able to keep that up as far as 10 years until your physical condition deteriorated?

>Kubo: That’s right. I was...

He got my respect

>Kubo: Not at all (laughs)
fucking Kubo kek

Ergo...

the canon pairings WERE just made up by a sick and tired individual who didn't give a fuck

Deserved better.

>Kubo: That’s right. I was able to keep drawing as usual for as many as 10 years, after the decline in my health, I was conscious about managing my physical condition. From then on, I was trying not to catch a cold.

Kubo knows and fears the Japanese cold.

Anybody who cared about bleach after the soul society arc was an idiot anyways that deserved the end bleach got

tl;dr Kubo's physical health deteriorated during the final arc, his shoulder literally broke the week after finishing Bleach

?? The interview is saying the opposite, he was pushing himself despite being sick, even ignoring the shoulder pain so he could draw the manuscript for the last chapter. Why else would the assclass mangaka commend him for it ? A sick individual who didn't give a fuck wouldn't push himself that hard.

more like anyone who continued the series after going to Mexico

Mexico was the most popular arc thou.

>Because I was drawing “BLEACH” all the time, there were many ideas I couldn’t use. Right away, I would compose a storyboard or something…it repeatedly gets lost somewhere.
I hope somewhere down the line Kubo will start another manga

obligatory KUUBOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Really put into perspective the discussion I had a few weeks back with a bunch of kubo fanboys

What do you mean?

your reading comprehension needs work

A. Most manga artists who work that long have problems with health. Not exactly abnormal.

B. The fact that he even went as far as to allow his left shoulder to break just to try and finish the series is amazing.

C. Matsui was praising him for pushing himself that far despite being in that condition.

This is why I find the final arc to be the 3rd best arc of the series. Really puts things into perspective when we had fans going apeshit over the final arc with reaction images as seen here:

It has nothing to do with reading comprehension?Going by sales, the HM arc(from vizards being introduced to Aizen being defeated) was the most popular since it sold the most during this time.

>the last arc is so shit

Not at all (laughs)

he's literally saying that it stopped being good after Mexico

That explains why Kubi was really into decapitation damage.

He was literally losing a arm himself.

You mean dismemberment. Decapitation means cutting off the head.

You silly user, you.

You mean dis-arming?

After going to mexico which means during it.

Kenpachi Bankai comes to mind

Why couldn't he just go on hiatus like Togashi?

Yoruichi's Arm
Kenpachi's Arm
Yamamoto's Arm
Did Gerard lose his arm and grew it back once?

Maybe he was afraid that he wouldn't come back to it.

Yamamoto's arm was lost in the Fake Karakura Town War.

Oh.

Right.

I'm gonna sleep now, you take over the project.

>that op image

user are you trying to attract more irfags into this thread?

If anything that's probably the only thing he still cared about in the end.

>sturk
Fuck off already you irrelevant nobody.

No he said in past interviews that he would write Bleach the way he wanted to till the very end. Plus he said on his official twitter that he already made up the pairing between Ichigo and Orihime along with Rukia and Renji.

Ero, you both are wrong.

>Side text: (After the series finished) “When taking an MRI, my shoulder tendons were severed.” (Kubo)

>Matsui: That’s right, I wanted to ask you. When continuing a weekly series, didn’t you ever become dazed midway through?

What the hell, Kubo?

Kubo: When taking an MRI, my shoulder tendons were severed.

—- Huuhh!?

Kubo: I have a habit of leaning my body weight on my left shoulder whilst drawing. It seems that happened because my shoulder took that load. I was told there was a partial fracture.

Matsui: You mean you didn’t realise what it was?

Kubo: It became awfully painful the next day after making the manuscript for the last chapter.

OUCH

>2017
>STILL believing what Kubo says.

Is it true that Bleach ended because of editors and not popularity?

i love this picture. I have a dream someday it'll be finished.

It'll never be, just like Bleach

Kubo is honest enough in his interview.
No, it ended because Kubo was literally heading for an early grave. But he only rushed it towards the end. Him never showing Ichigo's full power is intentional and is what allowed Ichigo to avoid a tragic fate.

Editors were being assholes after chapter 680 and tried to rush it out the door. The manga was almost finished and they decided to screw over the fans and the writer.

When has he actually lied in interviews though? What proof do you have about him lying about anything?

Damn Kubo was sick

Those are just rumors, fan theories if you will. The official statement from Kubo via Twitter was the he ended it the way he wanted to. He was encouraged & motivated to finish Bleach the way he wanted to, thanks to a young fan with some sort of terminal illness. (Pic related.)

Don't always believe in fake news and fan theories.

Was that*

Thanks to a letter he received from a fan*

Few errors always bother me.

He literally says both here and on his twitter that his health had deteriorated and that he often got sick.

Do you have a source for the twitter statement?

I just find weird how rushed the last arc was.

But yeah, it's all about his physical health

I know, I read it, I didn't add it.

This is false. Even during his twitter days before he left in 2014 or 2015; he mentioned nothing about relationships. In regards to the manga, the last thing Kubo mentioned was that "he doesn't want any romance." And for the anime the closet thing Kubo mentioned about "Ichigo & Rukia" was how great the ice skating scene looked.

Jesus Christ, Kubo.

I had you back, man. In the middle of all the shitflinging, I loved your artwork and really liked certain parts of the story.

Can't say I don't appreciate what you did, I'll never devote myself to work to the point where I'm collapsing physically but then again I've intended to start anyway. Seems like Kubo started losing interest as soon as they fucked with the Fullbringers arc. The shit he says on interviews.

He was worried that people would stop caring and that he'd risk getting Bleach cancelled if he did go on hiatus.

He literally got screwed over in Fullbringer. His plans were derailed because people wanted to see the Shinigami again, and Jump was like "Bring 'em in if you wanna still do this!"

After all that he just stopped giving a shit since he realized he can't write his creation how he really wants it.

>In regards to the manga, the last thing Kubo mentioned was that "he doesn't want any romance."
You're thinking about Oda.

This is why I respect Kubo. Even if Bleach wasn't perfect, Kubo manned up and finished the story that HE wanted to tell.

Post sauce of this.

Also, what's this "Oda hates Kubo" meme?

You may pretend whatever you want, but absolute majority of people here were Rukiafags and supported IchiRuki. Hell, I remember when everyone laughed at IchiHime shippers and called them delusional landwhales.
And then everyone jumped on IchiHime train during the final chapter leaks, and now everyone pretend that they supported Orihime since day one.

Damn, that fucking sucks. I bitched and moaned a lot on this board during the final half of the final arc, but only because I felt like it had such promise starting out.

Now I realize I was just berating a broken man who had his life's work strongarmed away from him. Fuck this gay earth. Kubo and Bleach deserved better.

It was when Naruto ended, other manga artist wrote in their farewells and Kubo's came off as a bit "eh" to some.

When Bleach ended and artists did the same thing, Oda gave a similar response that Kubo did.

It is also to be noted that Oda and Kishi are pals.

It begins.

Do you have a link of this?

Reminder that Bleach only got greenlit because Toriyama the Dragon Ball man said he liked the premise after Jump rejected it.

I will go Kenpachi on your ass.

Holy shit.

He truly didn't fucking care when he drew that last chapter.

Wasn't he also the one that said, "Just make it about powerlevels if you want to be bigtime, lol" and thus Soul Society was born?

That's kinda what happened in Dragon Ball, now that I think about it. Both series started off lighthearted and evolved into something different.

Who is this Luffy?!

>it stopped being good after Mexico
>after Mexico
>after

Never change, Sup Forums.

Ok, I laughed.

>then everyone jumped on IchiHime train during the final chapter leaks
Wrong. I have a ton of links to the threads of the spoilers/final chapter and a lot of anons were just happy to see IR sink because they would shit up the threads for years while some people were just happy to witness assblast and then you had people that genuinely liked IH and RR and could express it instead of being ran off by stupid IR fans. Of course you had people that were upset that IR didn't happen, but there were a lot of different responses.

For Naruto:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-11-08/shonen-jump-manga-creators-also-send-off-naruto-with-comments/.80813
>Tite Kubo (Bleach) - Kishimoto-san, good work afer so long! I think you'll still be busy after finishing, but at least take a little rest!

For Bleach:

wowjapan.asia/2016/08/shonen-jump-mangaka-pay-tribute-tite-kubo-bleach-manga-ends/
>Eiichiro Oda (One Piece): “Kubo-san must be very tired after serializing Bleach for 15 years. Rest well.”

It really doesn't sound like much at all, but some people see it as Oda being clever from Kubo's comment on Naruto.

>REWRITING HISTORY

I don't see how Kubo's comment was mean in the first place.

I guess it lacked the energy the others had.

Kubo's comment was ok.

About Oda's, around 5 mangakas told Kubo the same thing, maybe they knew about his bad physical health

>Apparently Kubo got sick after 10 years and that's why the last arc is so shit and the backgrounds became less and less.
Yeah, right. That's totally what happened.

Kubo has mentioned in his health in previous volumes. Most mangakas have issues with their health; this is a known fact.

Shame really since even though they greenlit it and being part of the big 3, Bleach got shafted the most.

Want me to post the links then?

>being part of the big 3
purely a western thing. naruto and bleach were never close to one piece and its popularity.

His health has nothing to do with his incompetence as a writer.

Naruto and Bleach were more popular than One Piece in the west.

>and the backgrounds became less and less

Actually I'd say the backgrounds generally improved after Hueco Mundo but whatever floats your shitposting ;^)

Doubt it, and anyways One Piece was more popular than both in the East and that's all that matters.

I wonder why all the arcs after Hueco Mundo were so shit despite having such memorable backgrounds then.

You're being ironic, right,

>Doubt it

One Piece got fucked over by a bad dub. Naruto and Bleach were much bigger than it for years.

Not as kuso as your posting...

>why all the arcs after Hueco Mundo
There were only two. Fullbringer and the last one. FKT is part of the HM arc which is why it's called the longest one by most readers.

HE'S MADE OF RUBBER

Alright so Bleach and Naruto were more popular in West, but it doesn't really matter. OP was always way ahead of them in terms of popularity back in nipland, and it's their sales that count.

YA YO YA YO

I actually meant to say Soul Society.

I think each arc after SS had it's great moments.

The arcs may have had some great moments, but overall, they were poor.

Or:
>The arcs may have had some shit moments, but overall, they were great.

Guess it depends on your perspective.