Koe no Katachi

What was your honest opinion on it?

notenoughdisabledjokes/10

Best movie of 2017. Plain and simple. Hollywoodfags btfo
Kimi no na wa fags btfo (nah, it's a good movie, but not as good as KnK)

The manga was better.

this

Forced drama.

Jesus fuck that image. I'm keking and feeling bad at the same time.

>Kimi no Na wa fags BTFO
Keep telling yourself that faggot.

Do not (NOT) breed with defective genes.

It was a good movie but I felt that it would've been much better if it was a seasonal show.

you can call me reddit, i genuinely enjoyed all of it. felt very wholesome at the end.

I don't think it would benefit from episodic format.

Victim Blaming - The Movie.

That Kimi no Na Was was better animated and directed movie and Kyoanus shills here should accept that.

I thought it was great, yea they cut some stuff out like the making movie stuff, I'm actually ok with it since they were able to work around it and I think it came out better. Only thing that bothers me is they changed slight minor events, but overall I think the movie did the manga justice.

Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni won 34 awards
Kimi no Na wa won 12 awards
Koe no Katachi won 4 wards
The only reason why KSK won so many awards was because of its historical setting. KnNw won those awards just for being a heavily promoted Shinkai films.
KnK didn't win any awards because Japan doesn't care about deaf people. They're insenstitive as fuck in regards to disabled people in general.

This is the absolute state of kyoani fags in 2017.

>KnK didn't win any awards because Japan doesn't care about deaf people.
The story isn't even focusing about disability you retard.
It's a fucking (forced) bullying drama with terrible writing just to make people feel bad.
It also failed to deliver whatever message it meant to deliver.

Animation hard carries a sub-par adaptation that should have cut a bit more from the source material. Yamada has a bit more to learn about directing a feature length film but she did an above average and good job none the less. The hype and melodrama along with the stellar animation is currently keeping the score high and it's doubtful the anime community will really change their general attitude toward the film. That's ok though. I look forward to Yamada's future work and I'd love to see her take on a serious romance.

>stellar animation
Pretty color pallet and shitty effects is stellar animation now instead of animation being actually good? Movie was static as fuck and pretty effects and storyboards really tried to hide that.

I pretty much agree with this. They should have either cut more of the side characters that dont really do anything in the movie to add in important scenes that were cut or lengthened the whole thing a bit more. They crammed too much into such a short runtime. Other than that the rest of the show was top notch.

Test

Step up your bait.

How is that bait? Movie looked static as fuck, that's a fact.

>it's horrible what he did
>but the joke is so fucking good
Yeah, I know

Went in expecting it to be inferior to Tamako and K-On!, came out to be literally my favorite anime.
The realism, the gentle minimalist OST, Shouya's character, the visuals, the themes, and the use of body language made it, in my eyes, better than anything I have ever watched before, and I empathized with it on a very personal level.

I don't find it funny at all desu

It was ok, the rushed pacing (ferris wheel to bridge scene are little less than 20 chapters apart from each other in the manga, three minutes in the film). It cuts a lot of fluff from the manga, specially when it comes to characters stating and re-stating their intentions and postures on different topics, and besides the obvious flaws that come with axing the source and a big portion of the side cast, and the contrived scenarios for emotional climaxes it was aight. 6/10

It's pretty good overall, but something about it felt incomplete. Kinda sappy too. Deaf girl was also pretty lacking in personality.

how does it feel to have no sense of humor?

I wanted to rape the shit out of glasses bitch

It's really just not funny. Like burning a homeless guys tent isn't really funny either.

That makes the two of us. I'm not even above "dude edgy Sup Forums culture and edgy jokes" but that wasn't funny at all.

I didnt want the movie to end. Kimi no nawa didnt have that for me

>Like burning a homeless guys tent isn't really funny either.

LOL PRANK MASTER

Seriously, I bet that faggot wouldn't even find it funny if we took a socially anxious person, tore off all their clothes, tied them up, took photos and stuck them in front of a crowd to gawk at. Distributing the photos to all their friends and family at the same time.

That would be hilarious.

nah, those are pushing it.

why was shouko so horny though?

Amazing

Perfectly normal

her horniness?

It made me curious about whether Japan has a deaf culture different from that of the US and most other anglo countries.

Honestly, deaf culture has made me truly respect how fantasy or sci-fi series where humans interact positively with some more "gifted" race are unrealistic as fuck.

People who are deaf actually resent and hate people who can hear by and large. A significant proportion of their conversations are just them insulting the people who can hear around them.

In a fantasy setting humans would fucking purge and kill any species we had an inferiority complex towards.

The first half was absolutely amazing and really managed to draw me in. Loved the premise, the characters felt natural and relatable, the music and animation was beautiful. The scene in which Shouko and Ishida were fighting each other made made my eyes watery.

The second half was ok, but I feel like it could've been a lot better. The pacing in the second half felt a little bit rushed. Shouko didn't get enough development. The romantic subplot came out of nowhere and didn't have any payoff. Things escalated too quickly after the fight on the bridge. At the very end, things still feld unresolved. Despite the weaker second half, KnK is now one of my top five favorite anime.

It barely won anything because it's a shitty adaptation of an average manga.

>thread is about your opinion on the movie
>talk about some RL shit in degenerate countries

nobody cares

>Kimi no Na wa marketed as the best film ever
>2017 rolls around and this movie is released

>go to theater and see knk
>it's inferior to Kino Na Wa

PEOPLE TRY TO PUT US DOWN

It was good as it could be, I think an episode format would have benefitted it for the sake of the story. But the movie was so gorgeous that I'm fine with it. I already read the manga so I could fill in the blanks.

>I think an episode format
No way. The story would become muddled like the manga.

in reality they should have just cut characters
or not re introduced them in the second half

A much better film than Kimi no Na wa which had no characters, themes, animation or any sense of effective cinematography to grasp.

>This cute
>>Defective

Suck it user

Needs more chex.

I enjoyed it, not as much as Kimi No Na Wa but it was still a nice film to watch, didn't like the pace of the second half though, it felt super rushed in comparison to the first hour or so of the movie, character development was almost unexistant to the point it felt like deaf girl and ex-bully dude feat a bunch literal who's

>pata pata

You are forgetting the prizes the manga won.

Years of repressed selfhate tuned her hormones up to eleven

Imagine making a deaf girl laugh. She's never heard a laugh before so she wouldn't know what it's supposed to sound like or have any influence on how she makes her laugh sound, thats 100% pure unfiltered expression of her soul right there

Many of the most acclaimed movies in history didn`t win important awards.

That doujin is still great for a hearty fap.
Vanilla is always satisfying.

Impressive. Very few movies make me keep thinking about them after I have watched them.

>What was your honest opinion on it?
My honest opinion is "who cares?", because I already knew that MC guy didn't fug the deaf chick in the end, so why bother.

Truly deaf people laughing is honestly kind of weird, and the movie made that obvious enough. Like I'm sure you would get used to it being around them a lot but it definitely weirds out people who aren't. Same with sex noises (from what I've heard at least).

Sunday talks with Flipper.

Imagine making a baby laugh. She's never heard a laugh before so she wouldn't know what it's supposed to sound like or have any influence on how she makes her laugh sound, thats 100% pure unfiltered expression of her soul right there

Yeah but I jack off to anime BABES, not anime BABIES

You guys probably never saw that video of two chads fucking deaf slut Who grunts like a wookie in heat while they make fun of her.

If it didn't end out of nowhere and passed the manga's ending, it would have been a great movie.

>lens flare
>crome aberration
>out of focus
I could barely stand it.

>Best movie of 2017
>Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni exists
Kill yourself.
That's the problem. Kimi no na wa shouldn't be important. I'm glad it did well but it being the best ever anime movie? Fuck no, it will only bring cancer.

>>lens flare
>>crome aberration
>>out of focus
You don't understand art

>Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni exists
It was good, but nothing more.

I can understand some scenes but the whole fucking movie? Just no.
Still better than the other two.

Link or it didn't happen.

There's only 3~ important awards here. Especially the Japan Movie Critics Awards.

>it will only bring cancer
Yeah, like you muh award faggots. Kill yourself

That's how I felt about second half too. Too rushed and some of the characters got too much of the screen time even though they were almost irrelevant.

This

Koe no Katachi > KonoSekai > Your Name

Pretty much this.

Koe no Katachi > KonoSekai >>> Your Name
Fixed that for you my man.

If 3 different awards say each of the 3 movies is the best what does it mean?

Kono Sekai subs where?

Post 'em

That's not why it's better.
Die.
As above.

Liked it but I still like the source material way better. Too much stuff was cut and rushed through, particularly in the second half, to feel truly complete and the supporting cast really lost their relevancy with the film-arc excluded in its entirety.

Explain what "character set" is first

Nobody cares about the supporting cast. I'm glad it was cut.

I'm guessing it's "character setting" or "characterization" or some shit, so I went with that.
Plot is pretty barebones, setting is a simple modern setting in an average suburb, characterization gets good points for the flashback and setting everything up.
As for character development Koe no Katachi is up there with the best of the best, same with art. Animation is great, but it isn't sakuga heavy, OST is extremely memorable and accentuates the film very well.
Voice Acting was so good that it made great scenes into GOAT scenes. Directing is flawless as usual, sasuga Yamada. Enjoyed it so much it trumped K-On! as my favorite anime.

This one seems right to me.

What was his point? It felt like he was there only when he needed to say some lines that were important to main characters development. Actually, I could say this about almost any other character from the supporting cast.

nice b8 m8

In the manga he was supposed to represent the antithesis of Ishida growing up. He was picked on, etc, and he constantly talks about how he hates bullies, which was supposed to kinda make Ishida's journey of coping with his actions more difficult because he's reminded of how people view his past, or something like that.

Even in the manga he was kinda one-dimensional and stiff, and given that the movie didn't cover that sort of thing at all, he really didn't add anything to the movie.

His presence came about more naturally in the manga, even though he's still kind of the most "outsider" member of the group. In the movie he's a literal nobody. They should have just cut him out.

He's obviously the only reason Kawai hangs around though, and Kawai plays a pivotal point in the movie.

It was rushed and shallow. I have read the manga but I try to watch adaptations as their own thing, but even standalone the movie was awkwardly paced, and trying to squish the whole story into two hours made all the characters feel more superficial and random than they should be.

I also don't like the style Kyoani approached with this--I don't mean the bloom and blur even though I disliked that--but that it seemed like they were focused on making the movie as "pretty" as possible. Characters weren't as expressive as in the manga, and their faces got hidden so much it became too noticeable rather than subtle. It really lent to that shallow feeling I got from it, you can't put some of the ugly emotions these characters had on the table without actually showing them.

Why do Kyoani feature so much legs shots?

The manga was garbage but the movie was a near masterpiece. Based Yamada does it again avoiding the melodrama and exploitation of the source material.

Yamada loves to do it, but in Koe no Katachi it's an important characterization point for Ishida.

Yuzuru a cute