Looks like God Emperor is Making America Unemployed Again!

Looks like God Emperor is Making America Unemployed Again!

Can't we impeach this cheeto idiot already, holy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

usitc.gov/publications/safeguards/pub4739-vol_i.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No more Gravy train, just buy american panels. Subsidized unefficient cunt market.

tariff (tărˈĭf)►
n. A list or system of duties imposed by a government on imported or exported goods.
n. A duty or duties so imposed.
n. A schedule of prices or fees.

>foreign solar panels now more expensive than American panels
>this will somehow make americans unemployed

Make coal and oil great again!

hey tariffs and taxes both start with a T so you guys cant really pick on op theyre pretty close

>Cheeto idiot
Leftist soyboy shill detected.
Try harder faggot OP
Sage

>oh no, now we have to build our product in america :(((((

Trump doesn’t understand economics. Maybe a US company will make affordable solar panels.

>What is a tariff
It incentivizes domestic production.
This sort of thing was one of his major talking points while campaigning.

GOOD. we need to start making everything in America again. thats how we can really make America great again. that and deporting all shitskins

...They decay after 6 years and create more hazardous waste than nuclear power. Do research. You ever seen a lithium mine? Walking through life blindfolded.

China devastated american solar panel manufacturing by flooding market with cheap silicon like 6 YEARS AGO!!!! Trump stops it.
????????
Bad for America

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

he'll subsidise local panel manufacturers

The tariff is only on imported solar panels.

>They decay after 6 years
most garbage from chinkland does.

Could someone actually explain the reasoning behind this? I'm for Trump and all but I honestly don't have any idea the purpose for this.

Someone fill me in.

solar is a total fucking scam. Those panels don't even last the 25 warranty years. So fucking stupid.

Remember that governments can pass all manner of laws and regulations and subsidies and tariffs to pick winners and losers and make one energy source more economically competitive than others.
All this shit from the Left was never about saving the planet, it was about wresting control over trillions of dollars worth of the energy market and to use that wealth to help win more elections.
If more companies donated Democrat, they wouldn't care about "coal and oil" they would support them like any other energy source.
Right now the true cost of manufacturing a solar panel is misrepresented due to government intervention.

Imagine the government paid you and Ford $5k every time you bought a F150. Hard for other companies to compete right?

ITS CALLED A TARIFF YOU BRAINDEAD FAGGOT
CAN
YOU
INTO
ECONOMICS

libtardism.. not even once

>Could someone actually explain the reasoning behind this? I'm for Trump and all but I honestly don't have any idea the purpose for this.
>Someone fill me in.

Ok.

>Make a product at a union shop in the US, paying workers 25 per hour
>Make the same product at a child labor shop in china, pay workers .001 per day
One of those products can be sold cheaper than the other.
It's pretty simple.

>we can’t use cheap Chinese labor

Tough shit

>>this will somehow make americans unemployed
It technically will. Because the only people who buy solar are boomers who want the tax credits, not because they care about the environment. Now that solar is more expensive so they cant save money with the tax credits, they'll stop buying them.

>muh subsidized industry sucking the blood from the nation's economy is no longer subsidized
yes

Wow, a leaf beat me to it.

its funny 'cause it affects american installers negatively and american producers positively. news doesnt know how to spin it

Okay thanks. Hopefully it'll extend further than just solar panels though.

>Cheeto idiot
Nope, you are overshooting. Only racist black women use Cheeto since they define the world by skin color and they are EBT card grade retards when it comes to media tropes (Trump's skin isnt actually orange, niggra)

You lose jobs because American solar panels are more expensive so fewer people buy solar panels in general is Chinese panels increase in price due to tariffs. If fewer people buy solar panels in general then less American workers are needed to ship, install, repair, and maintain Chinese panels purchased by Americans.
That's how you lose American jobs by raising tariffs on Chinese panels.

Tariff, you stupid ass. Not tax.

An industry propped up by undervalued foreign goods may deserve to be downsized.

Tax payers shouldn't have to prop up rich peoples projects.

Tesla should have funding cut too.

>tariff
>cost 23,000 american jobs

Literally how? If there's a tariff imposed to seems to imply its coming from a foreign nation, in this case mexico.

>solar

literally nothing

if it can't be done by americans, it shouldn't be done.

the tariff just covers the currency manipulation china is responsible for, dont worry about it fag

>Tariff, you stupid ass. Not tax.
I said tax credits:

>The federal solar tax credit, also known as the investment tax credit (ITC), allows you to deduct 30 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes. The ITC applies to both residential and commercial systems, and there is no cap on its value.

The tarrif effectively eliminated this tax credit for foreign panels. Go re-read my post you fucking retard.

fpbp

...but what if he doesn't

Please kill yourself. You do not even know what impeachment is. Sage

these guys ramp up production, problem solved
/thread
dont post here, don't bump this shit

Are you denying that tariffs make solar panels more expensive? This is a new level of stupid, even for /ptg/.

How many of those employees are the telemarketers who keep calling me five or six times a week to try and sell me solar panels? Because they deserve to be fed to hogs.

>solar employs more than coal and oil combined
So we are just making shit up now?
>99% of solar panels are made up of materials made outside US
>we somehow justify losing all this profit with 23k jobs that are absolutely not important to our countries economy
wow I can make shit up also.

so what? installing and shipping is a generic job and the ones who do that can assuredly ship and install other things

theyll be forced to buy american solar panels, you fucking retard

yup just a carbon tax (((global warming))) money drain

>employs more than coal and oil combined

Not buying it buddy. Be more specific

Oh and sage

then solar goes away forever, duh. its not like theres anyone smart enough to make a competitive company

And those are more expensive you stupid mongoloid.

not anymore fuckface

Op is a retard but im only stating the obvious

>affordable
>solar panels

The pressure is on to make solar competitive again!

>product is no-longer viable without quasi slave labor
Cry me a river

>tariffs decrease the cost of American solar panels

Ding ding ding. Yup. My first thought when I heard about this tariff was: oh hey, thanks to all lowering of the corporate tax breaks, those companies can just come here and make the panels here. You know, one of the biggest reasons of reducing corporate taxes and regulation.

Also

>1 post by this ID

But what does it matter just stirs the flames I guess

Oil companies have him like they do anybody else. Of course he's not actually in it for us lol, who the fuck thought he was?

you are literally braindead

are you stupid?

>subsidized by China
Literally giving you free panels, literally killing their own people and land so you get cheap energy.
It's funny 'cause there aren't any american producers, they're owned by European faggots. Tesla is the only american producer and you all hate the metrosexual.
"American" producers = 5000-10,000
American bluecollar installers = 100,000+

I wonder how many of those blue collar retards voted for king cheeto.

Your inability to understand this guy demonstrates that you are the braindead one.

What do you think “warranty” means?

Once again, I will explain this issue.

First, I highly advise you to read the investigation report. I know you won't; it's very long. For your convenience, the report is located here; it was issued in November.

usitc.gov/publications/safeguards/pub4739-vol_i.pdf

Briefly speaking, the Chinese were utilizing domestic programs to reduce production costs, along with other tactics, to reduce the price of solar panels, despite commitments made to the WTO. They then sold their solar panels, valued below market price, through a U.S. program, created as part of abiding with the WTO, which favors non-domestic producers. A previous solar anti-dumping and countervailing duty investigation resulted in the issuance of duties. In order to avoid those duties, China began production in other countries such as Malaysia, South Korea, Vietnam, and Taiwan, using completely Chinese parts made in Chinese owned factories, and then shipped them to the US, thereby avoiding the duties.

Now entire the Section 201 investigation. This investigation is special for a few reasons. First, it does not target specific companies; it is a general tariff, although some exceptions are allowed. Secondly, they can be invoked if the trade inequality is considered a "threat", which Trump did consider it to be. Further, the tariffs issued by Trump were not only less then the recommendations of the ITC. The reason that all of the "solar" jobs will disappear is because of the 27,000 people in the US solar industry, only a few thousand are involved in production (due to being forced out of business over the past 8 years), and the "23,000" that will lose their jobs are laborers who install solar panels.

It would allow for manufacturing to begin in the US again.

As a home owner who installed and continues to expand my own off grid solar system, I look forward to this. It will drive up the cost of those cheap ass chinese panels sure, but American solar companies, who have been struggling for years trying to compete with slave labor and zero regulation chinese factories can make some money, might even lower the cost of American panels.

We employ more people than oil/gas producers!
That's good somehow...

Yeah this. The economic impact of the oil and gas industry is fucking immense.

you are actually painfully stupid and that you think his point is valid proves as much

Who cares? Installers and maintenance staff are the ones making up the work force. It's going to take decades for the US to reach China prices and only then will people begin to look at investing in solar.

>Tariff on imported solar panels
>Opportunity for them to be made in America instead
>Nope all is lost fire everyone
The absolute state of liberals. They cant stand Americans having jobs.

It's almost as if making a business based on selling and installing Chinese garbage propped up by subsidies was a bad idea.

Why are all the replies on their twitter from themselves? This has got to be a fake account.

It's funny how you don't have any arguments. Care to explain why an increase in the price of solar panels will not cause a decrease in amount purchased?

All these solar manufacturers bailed during Obama's first term to get Chinese subsidies and easier access to European markets. These people just need to change their model and they'll be fine. Go with the financing equal to current utility rate etc.

>solar employs more people than coal and oil combined
>produces 0.074% as much energy
Maybe this is what the 30% tariff is for you fuckin' retards.

is solar panel installation really such a technical and specialized labor that these people will assuredly be out of the work force in a significant manner? it seems more like a generic manual labor and that those individuals could easily find work installing other things

What exactly is going to stop these from being made in America?

>comparing an established technology that has existing infrastructure and support to a newer one that doesnt

but it gets rid of fucking outsourcing

do you think I am the other person you were talking to? you realize there are id's right? you are so lacking in perception you cant even see why I insulted you rofl

>they go out of business
>A new company that sells american made solar panels takes it place
I'm okay with this.

All things take time. New investors, new plants. Less solar producers, and utility companies need electricity from other sources. Hmm, what energy source did Trump campaign on saving?

There are always periods of pain on the way to recovery. Sure, some solar installers may lose their jobs. But at the same time, another industry will get a boom, and after a decade or so there will be YUGE solar production.

Regardless of the far future, the immediate future is heading towards a WTO challenge. Hence the supplemental report requested by the USTR.

China give NK oil. Fuck them all!

Mexico. China will ship them there to be assembled/packaged, case closed. Capitalism always wins baby.

inefficiency is not good for anyone

Oh no! My product produced with literal child slaves is slightly more expensive than a domestically produced one!

How about you produce solar panels in the USA and create jobs instead?

The USITC report already specifies Mexico and the Chinese factories there. In fact, that is why Mexico is against the tariff. Keep in mind that this is occurring during NAFTA renegotiation.

I have panels that are 22 years old and are just starting to show reduced output

I've been talking to you since this post. Do you have some kind of mental problem?

slavery, ya gotta have it

This solar is the virgin power nuke is the chad power. If world ends it's gotta end the chad way in epic nuclear meltdown and we Larp stalker games

Time for nuclear, bitches.

Mexico would never do this. They want NAFTA so why would they undermine something trump deliberately took an interest in? Same with Canada.

GET OUT OF THIS SLIDE THREAD AND INTO THE REAL FUCKIN DEAL

ill give you one more post to figure out why I insulted you, if you cant figure it out you are retarded