The Ban of Psychotropic Substances

Curious what Sup Forums makes of the ban on substances such as LSD, DMT, Psilocybin, etc.
Why does the government see the seemingly harmless (physically) and non-addictive substances as such a danger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOxSQHtJWlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>strange scientificly untested substances are appearing on the street
>Originally thought to simulate schizophrenia
>Harmful drugs are a huge issue
>Deal with it by grouping them all together in a ban
Also it was an attempt to stop the counter culture movement

That may have made sense in the 70s and 80s. The science is crystal clear now.

Because they cannot regulate and tax it. These substances are also dangerous when degenerates use them. They are so powerful the ancient people actually knew how to use them. Religious experience under the guidance of a well versed shaman.

I used to grow and use magic mushrooms all the time. Would take groups of people in college on trips into the woods with me as their babysitter, while I also secretly took a dose as well. Its great when under control, if it wasn't illegal, you would have dumbfucks giving it to kids or some retarded shit like alcohol or cigerettes.

They should rethink the law and use more discretion, but anything the government gets involved in is messy and poorly executed. Your asking people who have literally zero experience with the substance to make laws to protect the people from it.

Well it's not that hard these days to find a person who specializes in Psychedelic therapy where I live, but it's the mid atlantic and obviously these treatments tend to be associated with more "progressive" areas

Correct.

PS, magic mushrooms may have given the humans after the last major cataclysm the ability to think high enough to begin to take the next steps toward language and eventually consciousness. Bicameral mind and Magicians of the Gods will help anyone realize this.

Oh, and meditate alot. And take the sillysiben.

Paul Stamets - look this nigga up.

"crystal clear"
explain, idiot
>inb4 i am a doctor
the doctor meme, you don't really know what neurological changes happen in psychedelics because it is forbidden to study it.
youtube.com/watch?v=WOxSQHtJWlo
>inb4 TED talks
well, lurk more

>Forbidden to study psychedelics
As someone who works at NIH this is literally all they do there these days

The summer of love was a jewish psyop

I intern there to be more specific actually

This should be the system. The thing is, these drugs can cure depression and other mental issues the ((drug companies)) want to make a ton of money from. They cure it. Not treat it. Also eliminates therapy because you basically treat yourself. You seek inner peace, by inquiring within.

Government gets a piece to be in the drug companies pocket.

They should have centers similar to acupuncture where you need a bit of registration but you can guide trips of controlled substances.

How would taking mushrooms alter your DNA?

how? if drugs are illegal, how are they studying them? also, what's the reports?

Saw a doco in (((school))) about the cave paintings in france, and one of the conclusions they came to was that psychedelics, likely mushrooms, inspired early humans to create art. Shit was cool, I was high af lel.

Taking things that fuck with your brain is bad and this is obvious to anyone that is not retarded enough to take drugs. Go back to 420chan.

are you high? psychodelic drugs can/do evoke skitzophrenic behaviour in users ALL the time. for every retard who becomes "enlightened" their are 3 who have a psychotic break and end up in the grey ward for the night.

Protecting citizens from this is pretty crucial

Lots of Ketamine trials.
A vast majority of psychedelics fall into a grey zone of legality too.
Also why do you think that illegal drugs can't be obtained for scientist research?

Wow gee user I guess the pharma industry just doesn't exist

Yes, agreed. LSD isn't the same. Its literally a mind control drug developed by the military.

Taking mushrooms in nature will help you, no, not hippie stupid peace and love shit.

Take it and you will understand, the substance is like a medicine that forces your brain to confront your mind. It ain't all peace and love. Bad trips are for people who aren't ready, but with guidance from a wise and friendly person you will never really have one.

It makes you come to realizations that cannot be put into words.

LSD was designed as an aid to help with pregnancy contraction you do realize right?

I think you mean the military tested it as a mind control drug, which is very true.

totes agree, they should be sold at every street corner 7/11 so driving can be more fun and interactive

>(((citation needed)))

You WILL live to see things like MDMA, LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline used as cognitive and therapeutic pharmaceuticals/medicines.

The counterculture movement WAS the government, who made all the acid available?
>Also smoke DMT

Because most of these substances are pleasant in small doses so it makes them attractive to kids.
LSD, smokable DMT and Psilocybin should be restricted.

Ayahuasca and Iboga should be legal: they can only serve therapeutically at any dose, they are not FUN, no matter how little you take. You can't party on them.

Man made creations that don't exist in nature have no track record. LSD has been used for how long? 75 years max. Mushrooms have been used by humans for 100,000 years.

OP, first you have to ask yourself why all these substances mention in this thread so far are considered less dangerous to society than pot by the US government? I'm not saying that they are more dangerous, but that brings me to my real point. None of these substances including pot should be "scheduled".

Nothing that has been used for thousands of years by man should be illegal

Owsley Stanley, Tim Scully and the countless other producers that distributed the drugs on the streets during that time?

Why do you think after the shutdown of their labs the US hasn't since seen real acid on the streets?

I got called to a kid on LSD once. He tried to jump head first through a cinderblock wall and choked out his gf.

Shroomtards are worse apparently. Always running naked through traffic and they die of excited delerium. I guess we should just let them kill themselves and endanger other people though. Totally harmless.

And for the record, that "IS I'M GOING TO DIE" guy on jewtube, fucking died.

Doesn't sounds like LSD, probably another substance sold to him as LSD. You must realize that real acid pretty much is non existent in the US these days and the vast vast majority of what is sold as "acid" is actually some far more dangerous chemical like nbome or DOB or dragonfly which can easily cause death or psychosis

erowid reports don't count

Just more unconstitutional, big government, nanny-state bullshit. Everyone should get the opportunity to experiment with drugs for a period of their life. It's just a shift in perspective for a time.

Anyone who disagrees loves big government, feels that the government needs to protect them from themselves, and probably thinks it's a good idea to just ban everything they don't know shit about. Kinda like a liberal now that I think about it.

legalize all drugs