ITT: Anime tropes you would like to see more often

ITT: Anime tropes you would like to see more often.

>tsundere gets mad and beats MC
>she's too weak to actually hurt him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKOTtx-uOEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>MC isn't a self-insert character

>worst girl doesn't win

Strong country boys.They were a lot more common in the 70s and 80s. Shichika was a nice example of a modern one.

I'm pretty sure that the 90% of time the girl actually doesn't hurt anyone, is only for comedic purposes.

Sakura from Naruto alone made it unbearable

How about strong tanned country girls?

>character with average human strength beats a planet buster using solely their wits

is that anime good?

If you don't mind episodes with 50 minutes of pure talking and only 1 or 2 of action, sure.

Seriously, this anime is basically a huge middle finger to everyone that hates dialogue in excess in action series.

The only ones i can think of are Guts and Kenshiro,name the others if you don't mind

>comic relief character is actually OP as fuck and hides his true powerlevel

>Final boss is the MC

Spike Spiegel, Shinji Ikari, Madoka, Chaika

>MC is not the pinnacle of mental health
>Love interest confesses to MC and they get together before the ending
>self sacrifice
>asshole villain gets tortured before he dies
>demons are not the reluctant good guys but are actually bad
>angels are stronger than demons

>implying that the average Japanese anime watch isn't just a fat shinji

I highly doubt that they have THAT many mental issues, mostly it's just autism.

I don't know man some of those herbivore types seem really fucked in the head

Meh, two nukes weren't enough

But Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V was terrible.

cheerio

The last season of Shakugan no Shana was fucking mint tho

I love when they make fun of edgy characters.

Holy fuck you can try to defend Shinji anyway you want but nobody will ever convince me that he isn't a self-insert.

It's just me. I can't self-insert as Shinji, or most other MCs. But hey, what do I know, I'm a fucking normalfag.

Well, being a complete failure of a person with no redeeming traits that lives with 2 hot chicks and gets to pilot a giant robot looks pretty self-insert for me.

Same here, I'm just too Intelligent, Nihilistic and have a Wicked Sense of Humor

It kinda makes sense if you put it this way. I just find it wierd that anyone would want self-insert as Shinji. The guy is a fucking psychotic loser.
God for you

Giving an alpha male life to a beta male character is the most common form of self-insert, just look at those harem MC's that are just average dudes at best but are always making all girls of the show wet their panties.

I don't watch harem anime, my man. Hell, I don't watch a lot of anime at all really.

>MC is a asshole to women

really roasts my vagina

>the jobber that got his ass kicked by the MC in the first episode is the final boss

She was the worst girl in that show so makes sense.

How would someone reasonably accomplish this without some deus ex machina bullshit?

>I just find it wierd that anyone would want self-insert as Shinji.
>The guy is a fucking psychotic loser.
why are you here
why am i still here

yes

>angels are stronger than demons
hasn't that ways been the case?
shinji doesnt have many issues but the one he does have is a pretty fucking big one for humans are creatures of communication

Only when the angels are true to their biblical nature. You know, the one where they're horrifying inhuman monsters with terrible power. Where merely looking at them will drive you insane or burn your eyes from your head.

The rest of the time it's just good beats low level evil guys kind of stuff.

I thought that devil lawyer one did it pretty great. and is that really how they're described? I know they're supposed to be hammers of god bringing divine wrath on the wicked but never heard looking at one would drive you insane, what are they cthulu?

He has repressed memories and school shooter anger.

You know angels do make really good villains because they're just so fucking intimidating without even being god-level, all glowing and powerful and majestic. I'm not even trying to be edgy, they just make for really cool villains. Having them be the good guys would make it too easy on the protagonists.

>The always calm & happy-go-lucky character gets mad.

It was made already

>repressed memories
re you talking about the manga?

Cthulu is just generic as fuck wierd monster bullshit that was trite even in it's day.

Look up what the angels are actually

>best girl winning

Please don't remind me of this. I'm still upset.

>Boss rush before the final boss
>"Leave this to me, you go on ahead"
>"Your opponent is me"

I dare you to find me one person who self inserts as Kiritsugu

No.

it better happen with her

Watch more anime, most aren't actually self-inserts.

reminds me of Ten, it wasn't the very last match (the one Akagi had with Soga), but that specific round had the antagonist attempting to guess MC's wait (which is also not shown to the reader), and the manga followed the antagonist's perspective.

>tsundere girl is violent towards the mostly ambivolous mc/dude she's soaking her pantsu over
>He either laughs at her actual attempts to hurt him or show genuine concern when she hurts herself while trying to hurt him. Like she thinks she breaks her hand after punching him in the chin.

>How would someone reasonably accomplish this without some deus ex machina bullshit?
I was going to mention Squealer among other characters but then I remembered he actually fucking died.

That's why most of Batman fights against non-street level villains are forced as hell

>cool handsome villain gets both his testicles irreparably damaged in battle

>"If you kill him,you'll end up just like him"
>MC frozes for a second
>''Bullshit"
>kills the asshole villain anyway
Not trying to be edgy here,but at least let those fuckers get what they deserve

Think the closest thing there is to this is games where you have max talk skill and then you talk to the final boss and reveal why their plans won't work/why they should stop their evil plan thing/etc. Don't know of any anime examples.

Ixion Saga?

At least post the gif.

>That's why most of Batman fights against non-street level villains are forced as hell
Not really, it's not like the regular super powered types are immune to having shit thrown at them or punched.

Against shit like Darkseid, Doomsday, other villains Superman would have trouble dealing with by virtue of their resilience to most standard attacks, yeah you have a point.

>Punching a sword
What did she think would happen? She's lucky she didn't cut her hand off.

>Frozes

The only time I saw something like this was in the Deadpool movie

No no no, anything but talk no jutsu.

To be fair in most animes that do that that's only after a fight where they're too tired to argue back after losing. I mean more of a logic fueled debate than "DON'T KILL PEOPLE IT'S WRONG, I'LL DEFEAT YOU IN MONOPOLY TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND" anime arguments.

And that was the only time it was done well. Colossus' speech was executed decently if a little hokey and superheroic, but Deadpool just doesn't work that way.

delinquent MCs

Yeah but just because someone can logically explain something to me doesn't mean I agree with them or intend to change my plans. Like, it's always the MC that is steadfast in his ideals and never wavers, but villains are always so weak to the slightest argument.

This fucking manga.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds the inverse of this infuriating.
>mc is basically god level by end of series, performed over a dozen historical feats
>no one has a clue who they are, still fucking treated like a rookie and jobbing to every new arc boss

A clever trap or anything that takes advantage of their weaknesses in a way that's foreshadowed well?

Squealer is actually a really good example of doing this well, it would have made total sense if he had won, and he was the true hero of SSY.

>Anthrophobic tsundere girl is miserable and unpopular
Why do these types of characters always seem to be popular student council presidents and such? At last there's one show that did it right.

Check out Gun X Sword. The only anime I've seen that doesn't portray that "going to any lengths to get revenge" type of MC in a negative light.

Alliances of convenience

Disregarding that,does doing this only AFTER the MC defeats the villain by actual strength,strategy or skill(not by power of fucking friendship,massive power boost just because "i won't give up,you will never defeat me" crap,jesus fucking christ i've had enough of that horrendous shitpile) can still be considered good? Somehow i still think there's still some appeal on seeing a villain change his ways,but not completely allying himself with the MC

>Enemy loses
>you will never defeat my final form
>attempts to enter final form
>shits pants and passes out instead

I like when MC talks reason to the antagonist and the antagonist gets buttmad for being proven wrong.
The only thing that comes up in mind now is One Punch Man though.

Finally a chance to post this

Just from this season we have Favaro (though I guess he's not the MC, but I guess Nina can be considered not a self-insert), and Yasaburo from Uchouten Kazoku.

>*teleports behind you*
>character getting teleported behind immediately swings around and grabs the teleporter by the neck and procedes to kick his shit in

>character that always has his eyes closed opens them and gets serious

>hero shows enemy mercy
>enemy takes advantage of the situation and does a surprise attack
>hero obliterates the attacking enemy without hesitation

youtube.com/watch?v=tKOTtx-uOEk

>MC and his female rival are attracted to each other but don't want to admit it

>Final boss is literally unbeatable

>comic relief character that's the verbal punching bag of the show
>very slight hints that there's more to their character than meets the eye
>final story arc and comic relief character gets serious

>comic relief character that's the verbal punching bag of the show
>very slight hints that there's more to their character than meets the eye
>final story arc and comic relief character does nothing and you were imagining things

I tried but couldn't.

How can someone cheat on his wife with a girl that's only half as attractive?

That and I'm not a hitman.

> The comic relief character becomes a insane bad guy later in the story.
>The MC has a healthy sexual life with the woman he loves.
> Harem mangakas and LN writters should do multiple endings with the other girls.

Can't believe how many of these is done by Dragon Ball
Launch shooting Goku and him just knocking her out with a kick.
Bulma whenever she hits anyone.
I don't think Goku is a self insert.
Not all but Goku is definitely not mentally sound, Angels are extremely strong, Demons are completely bad.
They made fun of Black and Zamasu a lot.
Happened to Goku against Black. Goku vs Freeza.

Some of them are described as weird fucks, but some others look pretty.

Best.

>characters that act and speak like real humans instead of caricatures

This.

>Close-eyed side character/MC's friend or sidekick suddenly becomes serious
>Does not say usual shit such as "you made me mad,now you're gonna get fucked, " i will never forgive you: etc"
>but instead says something normal but in a cold,dead serious tone then opens eyes
>atmosphere then becomes 10x tense as fuck
>shit goes down
>obliterates the shit out of evil minions and the big boss
>after battle,turns around to look at MC and co then gives off a faint smile
>but then everyone just stares at him in awe
I doubt this will happen in any anime,but goddamn

> harem
> one of them is a tsundere
> procede as usual, with the tsundere taking the lead
> suddenly in one episode the tsundere get kiddnaped by the main villain
> ohshit.jpg
> he tights her up, strapping her into a complicated torture device
> mc infiltrates the villain's hiddeout
> he gets to where the tsundere is
> "just as i planed mc-kun" as he presses a button
> a giant rock gets dropped into the tsundere's head
> blood is everywhere, and only mangled stump remains where the head used to be
> mc gets with cute chilhood friend
> the end

This isn't a rare trope.

>harem gets an ending
I need closure damn it

That's just it.
They don't, all of the pretty angels are bullshit!
The thing about how things are winged? They mean they fly, or have some kind of propulsion.
None of the angels described in the bible are supposed to have bird wings or something.

Even the fire and brimstone version of hell is total bullshit!

They dont' even describe the devil. Most description are just asshole dudes that are evil.