Didn't want to end

ITT: Anime/Manga that missed the perfect time too end.

>Roah is defeated and everything is wrapped up perfectly
>still keeps on going
>Kaioh is defeated and things finally seem to come to an end for real
>still keeps on going with random mini story arcs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gr8Qvczrvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who the hell's Kaioh? What do you mean it kept going after Raoh? You mean those like 2 chapters at the end?

Did anyone even care about the World Cup? Even the author seems to just rush through it.

>all the best teams from around the world
>most of them barely get any mention or are treated mostly as jokes
>matches are all super short

You are now aware that Dragonball suffered the same problem after the Freeza saga.

You can't run away from the truth forever, user.

JOIN THEM

Ask a man who finished HnK "yesterday" (technically at 3AM today) anything.
Went anime->manga, also played Hokuto Musou 1 inbetween HnK1 and HnK2.

Currently planning on watching Ten no Haoh (the Raoh prequel), read the Gaiden stories and watch the movies.

It's still suffering, but MUCH WORSE

Favorite Nanto?

Also, don't let the crap style think that Jagi gaiden sucks. It's the saddest one(even with some plotholes)

I never judge a work based on art style unless it's harem/isekai anime because you can fully expect writing to match the art in those aka shit.

As for favourite Nanto, depends on whether you're asking about favourite character or favourite style.
In terms of character, Rei wins this easily. I liked Shin as well especially after all the "retcons" added to his backstory in Last Nanto General arc. Shu felt like it was trying way too hard to make me like him and so I ended up not liking him at all. Souther was too one-note to like as a character.

In terms of style, South Star Phoenix Fist (Nanto Ho-Oh Ken) wins this easily. I absolutely fucking loved the style, the way the kicks in it worked, the fakeouts and it's purely offensive based form.
Banjo Ginga best VA.

they should've ended the shura arc with Han,

He fought Kenshiro because he was BORED. No destiny/revenge/honor crap, he just wanted a good fight, that's all.

It will never end. 20 years from now we will be watching Dragon Ball Hyper and complain about how weak Gohan has become again.

>Han
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gr8Qvczrvc

This Kills the Fight.

>the crap style think that Jagi gaiden suck
even with the art, people weren't giving it a chance because it was Jagi.

also, transformers reference

where the crap is our revoltech kung-fu freddie mercury?

fucker knows he's going to get poisoned but drinks it anyway to prove a point.

Favourite anime only filler character?

It had lots of potential but it was rushed to hell. All the other country teams were garbage America aside.

Thinking about it, that was some extreme japan wanking here. So only Japan and America had monsters?

>I never judge a work based on art style unless it's harem/isekai anime because you can fully expect writing to match the art in those aka shit.
Do you read Baki, too, then?

That's another series that meets the OP's conditions. Except, imagine that Kaioh started up instantly after Raoh, and was the main villain for over 150 chapters. Truly, worse than Hitler.

>Favourite anime only filler character?
None.
If you ask me about favourite anime filler episode though, it's the one where Kenshiro is almost at Southern Cross so Shin orders all his armies mobilized and one of them pulls out a fucking WW2 arsenal to fight Ken, including a Railway Cannon.
Being a Naziboo, I had a ton of fun with that episode. Seeing the Jagdtiger in the hangar and whatnot. Really liked the attention to detail, whoever was behind that episode clearly had a boner for WW2 German tech.

I'm still mad that Han got shafted in Hokuto Musou 2. They didn't even bother giving him a unique moveset as a boss, he literally just uses Shachi's moveset and isn't even playable and so doesn't have his own Dream mode. Later on they made him a DLC playable character and gave him a semi unique moveset (it feels like heavily modified Shachi moveset, ergo lazy) but still didn't give him a Dream mode to play in nor did they give him a manga outfit so you're stuck with the garbage Musou design for him.
10/10 mad because Kenshiro vs Han was ten thousand times more hype than Kenshiro vs Hyoh or Kaioh (who was literally a knockoff of Raoh). The Han fight also had a lot more plot reveals to it which made it all the more memorable.

Nah, didn't like the premise of Baki. What pulled me into HnK in the first place was the entire Mad Max setting. You can easily pretend that Mad Max and Hokuto no Ken take place in the same universe.

that and they really dropped him harder in the series after he died. I don't think he was even in the flashbacks for the other two rashos.

Baki Part 2 is still the best part. All the secondary characters got lots of action. I don't even know what the current Baki part is trying to achieve anymore. Most of the characters just got shat on.

>Baki Part 2 is still the best part
Agreed. Kaku permabest.

The early versions of Han for the 360 version of Hokuto Musou were actually bugged beyond believe. I still have the buggy version of Han on my console. His unique action does nothing besides forcing him to stand still for about 3 seconds and all his specials are reversed in order and cost, meaning his strongest move only costs 1 energy and his trashiest move costs the most. It is quite bizzare.

>people weren't giving it a chance because it was Jagi.
Why? That's exactly why I'd give it a chance.

There's a whole episode dedicated to his body drifting down the river together with the blood symbolizing Raoh's arrival and then Hyoh giving him a worthy funeral so he's not "dropped" instantly, at least not in the way most HnK villains were. He also appears in Kenshiro's rival spirits thing (which only has most important ones there, no Jagi for example).

So while Han didn't have the same recognition, he still remained in Kenshiro's memory and was given a proper funeral.

I've got PS3 version (which I pirated along with all DLC) and he's normal in this one, but if what you say is true it really says a lot about how much of a fuck did Omega Force give about Han (aka none at all) which is sad.

Maybe because he was a weapons guy? That's all that I can think of.

Apparently a lot of people in Japan don't like Jagi despite him being Hara's favourite design.
Akira Kamiya even went on record that Jagi is worse than trash and he absolutely hated the character.

meant more of after that. the flashbacks never reference him (unless i'm misremembering things). for all intents and purposes he's the other student of Jukei that was just good enough to be with Hyo and Kaioh

IIRC most don't find him much of a character to begin with to warrant his own gaiden.

Oh yeah, he definitely doesn't appear in flashbacks at all. I'm just saying that he does appear in Kenshiro's spirits of past rivals above his head thing two or three times after his death.

>IIRC most don't find him much of a character to begin with to warrant his own gaiden.
The fact he's so underdeveloped is precisely WHY HE FUCKING NEEDED IT. Japan is retarded.

he's basically the one character that you have carte blanche to make stuff up and it would almost have 0 impact to the main canon.

they actually did great IMO.