Why can't we have more anime series like Cowboy Bebop? It has drama and action with grown-up characters (except ed)...

Why can't we have more anime series like Cowboy Bebop? It has drama and action with grown-up characters (except ed), and the directing is amazing, specially in the last two episodes.

Was it a flop in japan?
I think the only ones who like sci-fi dramas with shootouts are us westerners (europe and americas).

Other urls found in this thread:

nhk.or.jp/anime/anime100/ani_report/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are plenty of series like that. But those aren't exactly the series that are incredibly popular. Usually they fly under the radar of casuals and come back years after their debut as an underrated gem. Or get little to no reception during their initial air date but find a new audience in a new demographic or even country.

Watch more anime.
And no, it wasn't a flop.

It was seen as just another really good show among many in Japan. People in America aren't still talking about Lost, are they?
The reason Cowboy Bebop is so goddamn popular and timeless in America is because it's a twist on American things, which aired at a time when anime wasn't that easy to get in America. It's the humor in it too. That scene where Spike told Faye she was tonedeaf was so cynically funny, I wondered if the writers were really Japanese.

Is Kabaneri an example of this?

there are many shows done with similar approach, you'd know if you weren't so new

>People in America aren't still talking about Lost, are they?

Yeah they do actually. It comes up pretty often when discussing disappointing shows. Apparently the ending was so bad it destroyed a great deal of the goodwill people had to the rest of the show and cemented it's place in television history as how to piss off people watching an otherwise popular show.

As for Bebop, I really like it, but there's a lot that's kind of par-for-the-course about it. Some episodes are just sort of there but others have a lot of meaning whether about the narrative or themes. It's just a really solid show, but surprise surprise, there are other really solid shows out there.

>we're actually getting an action drama with adult characters from kyoani

>bepop
>flop
i swear man, i fucking swear

It was a flop, OP. Cowboy Bebop was unpopular as fuck back in Nipland. So any anime being like it is slim to nothing.

Why can't you stop being new?

"CBBB was a flop in Japan" is the stupidest meme to ever come out of Sup Forums. It was insanely popular at the time in Japan, in EU, and in the Americas. It was actually much more popular in Japan than everywhere else, because duh, just about every series is.

Even today it ranks incredibly well, even when degenerates only vote for whatever is the most recent moe idol series. nhk.or.jp/anime/anime100/ani_report/

It's no big secret that westerns are popular in the place where westerns were born. And that modern sci-fi is popular in the place where Star Trek came from.

lost was meant to end in season 4
5 and 6 fucked the entire show

why would you lie like that

This is a common misconception. Bebop did very well in Japan.
Still, it's a western style anime which has never traditionally been popular in Japan. So there's the answer to your question OP. Now fuck off and lurk more before making garbage threads.

It's not a misconception. It's a flat out false belief.

Moe and harem sells

Fuck off, lurk more.

Cowboy Bebop is a slice of life anime for western normalfags. They have no idea what moe means and refuse to accept that all the "good" old anime they jerk off to were handpicked from thousands of shows and edited for western consumption.

Cowboy Bebop is overrated

Japanese people hate shit that's good and Japanese companies only give a shit about what japanese people like

no

What if it's your taste that's shit? Like how white people think Eminem is the best rapper but Kendrick and MF Doom are leagues better.

>white people think Eminem is the best rapper
Lies

Nigger, the crackers think that the best rapper is Tupac.

Go on Youtube and look at the comments for Rap God. White people swear to god Eminem is the best rapper ever and they love name dropping Lil Wayne as the worst rapper.

>youtube comment section

The roots are better. Kendrick is overrated even if he is better than most rappers. Also all trap music is trash.

>The roots are better.

The roots are pretty amazing.

>Kendrick is overrated

I think it's warranted.

>Also all trap music is trash.

Trap is fun background noise but there's much better subgenres of rap and better music in general.

Anime about cute girls rapping when.

Why do you feel the need to put a space between every sentence?

WhY dO YoU fEeL tHe NeEd tO PuT a SpaCe BeTwEEn eVeRy SeNtENce?

>>>/facebook/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

An anime can be successful without being influential.

Is this the same Youtube comment section that can't stop spewing "is x replacing y," "I'm 13 and not like other kids," and "A E S T H E T I C?"

This is why people just block the entire youtube comment section with adblock.

Isn't there something about the English dub of Bebop being better than the Japanese one?

It's not objectively better, even though it is a good dub.

>That scene where Spike told Faye she was tonedeaf was so cynically funny, I wondered if the writers were really Japanese.
Watanabe is in a category all of his own compared to other japanese writers.

Eminem is good but he never surpassed the best of the classic rappers IMO. Up-and-coming guys like Danny Brown outdo him too. Kendrick is bretty shite, you're right about MF Doom though

bebop's nowhere on that list

>it wasn't a flop
Why people say it was, then?

Kendrick and Cole loves Eminem.