Why aren't fansubs like this anymore?

Why aren't fansubs like this anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?q=evangelion&f=0&c=1_2&s=size&o=desc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fansubs
Did you just wake up from a coma or something?
We have horriblesubs now.

You don't wait for BD's and better translations?

Because everyone has already learned Japanese thanks to the TL notes, with tips like how to write 邪魔する and Bill Cosby.
Now everyone who had paid attention to the notes because fluent C2 level Japanese language enthusiasts.
The EOP who were too stupid to look at the notes turned into people who download HorribleSubs.

I really wish people would respect old anime culture more. So many fansubs literally don't exist anymore, and people are so quick to throw away old releases of anime. The piracy distributors should take some responsibility for perserving old anime culture. Just including every sub group in the releases instead of picking one would go a long way.

And why are no one digitalizing the old fansubs distributed on tapes? Most are probably thrown away by now, we need to track down what's left and save it.

Why am I the only one who cares about taking care of culture and history? It's so frustrating that literally no one else respects it, and will consider anything trash if it isn't new. Why am I the only one who sees value in history?

>Why am I the only one who fetishizes poorly-done subs because they're old?

Maybe English subtitles should be in English, I dunno

Pretty sure the history and culture have been documented. Preserving poor-quality work does nobody any favors.

Why do everyone just see subs as a tool to understand anime? They are an extremely important part of the history of the anime culture. Different subs are made with different artistic visions. And they tell a story about changing ideals in the culture as a whole. They are all extremely important to understand the past.
Good knowledge of history makes timetravel possible. If you know the past, you can experience it in your imagination.
Also, even professional subtitlers have written about how close minded they were to follow the ideal of invisivble translation, and that anime fansubbing was an unique way to express creativity.

Old fansubs are very inportant.

yo but this movie was amazing

>Why do everyone just see subs as a tool to understand anime
Because that's what they fucking are. That's like asking "Why does everyone see board games as just a pasttime? They have a history, too!" The history of this shit is a retardedly specific subject that 99.99% of people consuming it will never give one whit for. They exist for practical reasons, and that's all the vast majority of us care about them for.

>Why would I use a computer when I can use a typewriter?

> The piracy distributors should take some responsibility for perserving old anime culture. Just including every sub group in the releases instead of picking one would go a long way.
>The piracy distributors
The who? Are you suggesting that every group touching a show should go and track down every pre-existing sub of it and include them all as alternate tracks? Because no one's going to bother with that hassle just to increase the spread of random other subpar subs, and that's ignoring hardsubs (i.e. basically all old stuff), which would make that non-viable to begin with.

He's not talking about using a typewriter, he's talking about putting the typewriter in a museum so he can look at it. Which is well and fine if he enjoys that, I guess, but he's autistic if he doesn't see why others wouldn't be interested.

No, he's quite literally asking for the old shit to be bundled up with the new releases. >Just including every sub group in the releases instead of picking one would go a long way.

I think his goal there is to preserve them, so that if the older ones' torrents die they'll still be there with everyone who downloaded the newer ones. It's still a ridiculous idea, of course.

>I think his goal there is to preserve them,
He can preserve them in his own private museum. Nobody would watch the 240p encodes anyway, and most people would opt to not download them because they'd just be needless clutter. In the end you'd have to trust 3 to 4 autistic preservers to maintain files nobody cares about or will ever really care about just for the sake of it and to keep them available throughout all the constant changes in the piracy communities.

I agree, I'm just clarifying what his stance seems to be.

>Good knowledge of history makes timetravel possible. If you know the past, you can experience it in your imagination.

How high are you right now?

And that's not all. When you consider that many shows got more than one HD encode, and that those releases are also part of the history of fansubs, then you are running into trouble.
Like for NGE TV, how large would that download be? 200 GB?

I was so happy Starscream was getting crowned as a kid.

Then Galvatron came in.

nyaa.si/?q=evangelion&f=0&c=1_2&s=size&o=desc
A lot bigger than 200GB.

Starscreams death was brutal. It scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Are fansub-tachi owari? Is Crunchyroll the new shihaisha?

Note: Shihaisha means ruler.

What are you talking about? TV Nihon still exists.