Anyone else felt disappointed when All Might survived his fight against All for One and even kept his ability to...

Anyone else felt disappointed when All Might survived his fight against All for One and even kept his ability to transform (although just for a short time)? It took all the hype out of the "You're next" moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey#The_Call_to_Adventure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, i really expected him to die and push the series further. But hey, still plenty of time left for him to die.

No. The fact that Hori buttblasted a lot of retards that likes boring cliches by the thousands is good enough for me. He's still gonna die in the most gruesome way in the future though

This, if OP didn't get the point of the "You're next" phrase is not our problem

>h-he didn't do the cliche, so it's good!!
Not all cliches are bad, so that's a dumb argument.

>implying
Yeah because it was so deep right

Did my post say that I hate cliches? I specifically said BORING cliches because having All Might die then and there would be predictable and boring story wise.

But he is dying either way. So it's still predictable and boring following your logic. Your point makes 0 sense, you're just being edgy.

At first he expected to die the next time he fought All For One, but because of still having to teach Midoriya One For All he couldn't die.

You're still dying either way whether someone stabs your dumb ass or not. Jesus christ you need reading comprehension. Having All Might die THEN AND THERE is boring and predictable.

It is pretty much the same cliche you retard. It's clear that he is getting killed in the future creating a similar situation for Deku, so you're argument is completely stupid.

>The cliche happening now is bad, because it's a boring cliche! But it happening later is good, I swear guys!
You're shizo.

i'm waiting for comfy normal-person death for allmight
>deku, bad news
>what is it?
>it's better if you just see for yourself
>they go
>allmight is in a peaceful eternal slumber
>he died peacefully in his sleep, in stark contrast to the life he lived, a death he deserves
would this be acceptable?

What makes you think he's gonna die in the most cliche way possible in the future? Is Hori your dad that you have access to his manuscript or what? Get it through your thick dumbass skull that he's not suppose to die there.

>What makes you think he's gonna die in the most cliche way possible in the future?
Because that's the entire point his side kick isn't using his power casually anymore. All Might is getting killed by a villian, you speedreader.

At no point did it specifically say how he's gonna die. Now you're just making fanfiction through your ass.

Read the chapter where he explains why he won't look into everyone's future again, you dumb nigga.

Pretty much this . I'm very happy w/ this because it looks like a mentor character can finally see his student reach his peak and even surpass him--with him being there for his student.

Right back at you, retarded speedreader. Again, he didn't say HOW he's gonna die, it's just he's gonna die.

Him dying would be more cliche though.

>Right back at you
That's not how it works. You are literally to stupid to understand a manga aimed at japanese children. Congratulations.

>using the term speedreader
>to stupid
You're both far from being the finest pancakes in the stacks.

Kiss me, faggot.

You literally have no argument to back your fanfiction that you've devolved to name calling. Sad!

You're not that much of a smart ass yourself that you didn't see the retard using the term first.

Kill yourself, speedreader.

Read that shit yourself you retard. You sound like one those bible thumpers that makes a different meaning to bible verses to fit their narrative. At no point did it says his gonna die in a cliche way, for all we know he'll die by poison or some shit.

>he's getting killed by a villian
>NO YOU HAVE NO proof
>give proof
>n- no I meant blablabla
Kill yourself, you strawman.

>for all we know he'll die by poison or some shit.
>making up your own fanfic after getting proven wrong
Pathetic

>You sound like one those bible thumpers that makes a different meaning to bible verses to fit their narrative.
Wasn't the entire argument here, if he gets killed by a villian or not? A merciless Death sounds like he is getting killed and also fits that chapter's topic just fine.

Only disappointed because he survived while doing a Raoh

I'm more interested in how All for One could possibly have lost.

I mean, All Might is a great guy, but his power's very straightforward. I'm surprised that All for One decided to turn it into a slugging match. If I had 'literal shitload of powers', I would try throwing something at him that he couldn't counter.

Even combining something like super-speed and super-strength would be really effective. Instead, it came down to just punching each other.

1. He underestimated All Might's tenacity.
2. Keikaku

A cliché that isn't bad or poorly implemented is called a trope. Cliché has an inherently negative connotation.

>the father/teacher figure did not actually die
>the butthurt edgelord character is eating shit at every given opportunity desptie his popularity among braindead kid audience
>he didn't betray everyone at a given opportunity either
>overpowered endgame villain with an ability to have all abilities ate shit 15 chapters after being revealed
>characters actaully sustain unhealable permanent damage after each asspull victory

Call me edgy or whatever. But my day gets better each time I see Hori pissing all over generic expectations of shonenshitters who want everything to be DB/Naruto/One Piece.

it would make me sad.

He was clearly meant to die and only got saved because he's too popular.

You have BnHA faggots that pretend it's actually a great move and that he'll die later but we all know that's not true, and they'll keep saying it until the manga ends. Then they'll say it was very "clever" to not have AM die because him dying would've been too "cliché".

Good thing I dropped the manga after this fight since the past two arcs were shits and there was no reason to keep giving the manga chances it didn't deserve.

MHA is already a lot like the average shonen and that has been proven in past threads. The only difference between MHA and Naruto is that MHA can't sell more than 10 million copies worldwide.

>All Might dying would be too cliché!
>Meanwhile BnHA is one of most cliché shonen, up there with Fairy Tail
>Autists will defend this

Pretending MHA isn't generic makes you look pretentious.

It is by no means above the genre itself but if "Shonen" as a genre was a pigpen then BnHA would be the smartest, liveliest and cleanest hog in it.

>MHA
>Not generic

This is why every other fanbase on Sup Forums laugh at you.

*nanatsu no taizai

There's a ton of shonens out there that are better than MHA.

Just because you push it really hard and your threads are hugboxes where you're not allowed to criticize anything without being called a shitposter who hate shonen doesn't mean your cliché shonen manga is any less shit.

Name three.

>smartest, liveliest and cleanest
it's a love triangle away from being naruto tier hogwash

>power levels

bleach, naruto, dragon ball super

>g-g-g-g-g-generic!

This word has lost all meaning hasn't it?

Literally everything else is better than in MHA from characterization to side characters to powers and especially romance. Not to mention the Plot.

>if "Shonen" as a genre was a pigpen then BnHA would be the smartest, liveliest and cleanest hog in it.
Do you read much shounen manga?

naruto was ok around chapter 140 too

l can guarantee bnha is going to turn into complete shit in two years time, screencap this

That piglet is dead though.

Nice argument.

I think a big point is that it's acknowledged that would have been a perfect moment for All Might to die in order to inspire Deku, but AM passed on it. And this will probably come back to bite him.

One Piece
Soul Eater
Dragon Ball until they get to Cell or Buu, I dunno.

And I only had to turn around and look at my shelf. Now I suppose you're going to say thoses three are shits, but we'll both know you already decided what you'll say before I posted.

>characterization
Diane, Elizabeth, Mel, Merlin and Growther are all shitty characters
>side characters
literal who
>powers
KEK
>Romance
Some of the most boring hackenyed romances ever.
>Plot
If this was your very first shounen sure

I dropped the manga not long after this part. I always felt like the series rode the borderline between 'average shonen' and 'actually good' as hard as it could but both of them surviving was safe and such a letdown.

?

>Soul Eater
Stopped reading there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey#The_Call_to_Adventure

>Diane, Elizabeth, Mel, Merlin and Growther are all shitty characters
No, you just have a shit opinion.
>literal who
All the ones that aren't forced like they are in MHA.
>KEK
Nice non-argument.
>Some of the most boring hackenyed romances ever.
Not really, but yet it's several times better than anything in MHA.
>If this was your very first shounen sure
Said the guy defending Sky High.

Imagine if Obi-Wan didn't die fighting Darth Vader. Yeah, pretty fuckin' lame.

>NO U: The post

Not really, but nice reading comprehension.

>Nice non-argument.
Your entire post is literally saying NO U over and over again

it is better though

cooler and more unique universe and characters, less cliché

Name one character in BnHA anywhere near Mel, Merlin or Gowther. You unironically can not.

So according to this everything is generic

All Might. Mel is a really shitty lead. Merlin is a literal who and Gowther is terrible.

>Defend BnHA
>Criticize the seconday cast of another manga for being literal whos

LOL

Obi-Wan didn't trully "die". He sacrificed his body to take a side line and act as a wisdom dispenser for the main character.

>one piece
>dragon quest dai no daibouken
>city hunter
>dr slump
>fist of the north star
>soul eater
>full metal alchemist
>silver spoon
>franken fran
etc etc

>shit taste the post
Well that's on you.

All Might's muscle form isn't part of his quirk, user.

>In narratology and comparative mythology, the monomyth, or the hero's journey, is the common template of a broad category of tales that involve a hero who goes on an adventure, and in a decisive crisis wins a victory, and then comes home changed or transformed.[1]

> broad category of tales

It's nice to know you didn't even read the first sentence, BnHAfag.

Nah, much like Bleach all Soul Eater had was style and not much else. You can clearly se that Ohkubo was just making shit up as he went along through the whole thing since so much of the setting is poorly explored and never amounts to anything.

>liking the forced Deku Vs. Bakugo faggot shit, the license arc and the current garbage after All might survived
You can't be serious.

>a 15yo manga has sold more than a 2yo
There's really not much to say here

So every thing is generic according to you

I think the biggest problem is that Hori was too afraid to actually stick to the new development. After All Might, the pillar "died", the villians didn't really go amok. Instead we got that twice chapter (which was good!) just saying how shit everything is, when in reality, for the heroes, everything is more or less the same. Don't hype All Might as the one holding mot of the Villians at bay and then go nowhere with it.

Feel free to quote me the post where I said that.

> all Soul Eater had was style and not much else.
it's still better than what bnha has

muh comic book inspired world who gives a shit

>No NnT side character will get focus like this because LOL POWERLEVELS

You fags can't even compete. Tell me, how much did all the side cast accomplish while Mel was "dead" before he came back?

You can pretty much write this exact same post about the Hero manga and you'd just need to exchange the names honestly.

>it's still better than what bnha has
Nope.

Any of the Gaiden chapters honestly shits all over this. Not even hating.

How many shonens have you read in your whole life? Be honest

Do you consider all the seven sins main characters or side characters except Mel? This is important, otherwise you can't make a fair comparison here.

The setting of BnHA is barely explored beyond "There's heroes and villains who occasionnaly hit each other in the face lol", and it isn't even stylish in doing so. There's only so much "Deku breaks a limb to achieve his objective" you can do before it gets stale for normal people.

At least Soul Eater's world was unique enough that you could do wild things with it, like the final battle taking place on the moon, which is actually shaped like an head and only a few kilometers up in the air.

ok l'll humor you bnhafag, what does bnha have soul eater doesn't

You think they'd do well if they invaded the MHA universe? They don't have quirks but they do have an army.

fuyumi nee-san when

>After All Might, the pillar "died", the villians didn't really go amok
So everyone who hates My Hero Academia are speedreaders? It was clearly stated that the reason Class 1-A got their licenses was due to increase villain activity after All Might step down.

Oh wow, a character get one time to shine in 100+ chapter. Now back to obscurity with him. What was his name again?I literally forgot because Deku is holding like 75% of the screentime when there's a big fight.

wtf are you talking about, this shit was hype. Mentors die 90% of the time already, having one live is not a bad thing.

I think you are the actual speedreader here. Read the entire post you just replied to.

Nah, Nanatsu has some really noticeable flaws. I like both manga because its clear both mangaka love their work but to ignore the glaws in both work is just being a blind fanboy.

All Hori needs to do to completely justify All Might's survival is to give him a small arc about comming in terms with his current condition. It's a great excuse to develop his character and a way to shut up all the faggots mad about it because arguing for his death would be equal to arguing for less nuance and depth in the story.