Koe no Katachi

Is this the most realistic anime ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, that title belongs to Paprika.

No, that title belongs to Adolescence of Utena.

No, that title belongs to Eromanga sensei.

I think only Yuzuru, Sahara and fat gay are actually realistic.

Well, Yuzuru might be a little too god for this world.

Ueno, Kawai and Mashiba are over-exaggerated assholes

Nishimiya is over-exaggerated perfect cinnamon roll.

Shouya is too exaggerated in his "muh redemption".

Tell me how many bullies you know who then wanted to commit suicide and what only kept them alive is their victims they were sorry for. Usually those kinds of people after years of not seeing their victims just play it as if during those years you were friends and suddenly out of nowhere talk to you just normally and your tormented past is just "good ol' days, amirite".

>Ueno, Kawai and Mashiba are over-exaggerated assholes
>Nishimiya is over-exaggerated perfect cinnamon roll.
>Shouya is too exaggerated in his "muh redemption".
THANK YOU
>Tell me how many bullies you know who then wanted to commit suicide and what only kept them alive is their victims they were sorry for. Usually those kinds of people after years of not seeing their victims just play it as if during those years you were friends and suddenly out of nowhere talk to you just normally and your tormented past is just "good ol' days, amirite".
THIS! FUCKING THIS!

Koe no Katachi lacks nuance.

>realistic
>Shouko readily forgives Ishida for making her life a living hell
>mom gets her earlope ripped open
>Yuzuru forgets to bring her camera to a fireworks festival even though that's her defining item
>Yuzuru sleeps overnight in a playground and is randomly found by Ishida
>balcony physics
>was nishimiya's house directly on a riverbank? because ishida's shouldnt have fallen too far forward
>sneaking out of a hospital at night
>randomly meet up in middle of night with guy waking up from coma

This is so fucking accurate. I still love the movie.

>Ueno, Kawai and Mashiba are over-exaggerated assholes
They're pretty realistic desu. Only Nishimiya sisters are too good to be real.

>Kawai
i know people like Kawai in real life and they're just as hateful

No, that title belongs to Kuzu no Honkai.

No

I've only watched the movie (once). Is there something important in the Manga that the movie might have skipped? I feel like a few characters didn't receive any proper development and it would have made no difference if they weren't present at all.

Also, Kawai came across as a really big hypocrite to me, and personally I found her more hateful than Ueno. Not only did she not apologise to Shoko for taking part in the bullying, she acted like she was innocent. When faced with the truth, she starts crying while saying, "How mean!" and that's the end of it.

>Is there something important in the Manga that the movie might have skipped?
Not really. Manga has development for the side characters, but it's not really important for the story.

Ueno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> autist girl

Now I feel like fucking a deaf girl. How do I find one?

>Is there something important in the Manga that the movie might have skipped?

a lot of things. The group's meeting with the former grade school teacher, Ueno being much more of a cunt, Nishimiya's mom's backstory, the whole film subplot, etc

Its not realistic outside of the prologue bullying arc. Its okay I guess and looking at it the main unrealistic thing is how too sweet they made the deaf girl.

Nana is the most realistic and relateable anime of all time.

I can relate the most to Ueno since she's literally me.

Deaf girl's mom kinda hot too. I'll double-fuck both of them together.

>tfw no gf like shouko

He overcame wanting to kill himself pretty soon but was still fucked up in the head till the end of the movie.

Does getting bullied really fuck you up this much? I'm not trying to be a smartass here just a serious question.

So you are an asshole that bullies people and blames them when your own life becomes shit.

Why don't we start bullying you and find out?

depends, some people don't know they're being bullied, others who do realize it can get pretty messed up during their formative years

Is there a subplot of Pedro?

Go for it then.

>tfw her concerned smile is her default fake one
;_;

>he doesn't know the feeling of being the one bullied after his own bullying towards others backfires and blows up in his own face
he's quite realistic in the "being suicidal" department, but can't say the same about his attempt to reconcile with the one he bullied

>you'll never marry a mute girl
>your wife will forever make your head explode

He also realised the negative emotional and financial effect of his actions after his mother apologises to Nishimiya's

His being subjugated for his actions adds to his reasons for wanting to repay his mother and Nishimiya herself for his actions, realising what a little shit he'd been.

Makes sense to me

If you get bullied enough you'll develop PTSD that will keep you in your basement forever fearing human interaction. I've read multiple accounts of similar cases. Considering my shitty life and mild anxiety, that little bullying in grade school changed me for life.

There's a lot of small scenes and a rather big sub plot that they excluded entirely that fleshes out basically every supporting character. Kawai also had a scene where the class turns on her when she tries to virtue signal for comatose Ishida but that was cut too. Manga also has a more complete ending that's not abruptly over in the middle of a festival.

>also, Kawai came across as a really big hypocrite, more hateful than Ueno, acted like she was innocent

In many ways she's Ueno's (direct, honest) opposite and much more like a real girl. There's a certain respectability to honest assholes that's absent from the disingenuous ones, especially when the latter gets away largely without consequence.

>all these kyoani niggers saying this trash is good
Where were you when there were daily threads about the manga and watching it slowly become shit.

We're not talking about the manga though.

It is probably about as shit as the manga. I've heard it is worse even.

You should watch it, I thought it was great.

>probably
>I've heard
Jesus christ.

Everything Kyoani makes is leagues better than the source material.

The victim blaming, at least, is very realistic.

Actually no

That scene where MC "put down" everyone with one-liners was way too dramatic to the point of becoming comical.
>hey x-chan, you're a bitch!
>shut up y-chan, you're a coward!
>z-kun, you're an outsider!
>f-kun, you don't know anything about me!
>everyone proceeds to react like MC just killed someone

be happy you haven't read the mango then

This is Japan, where everyone tries to be as indirect as possible.
Calling them out directly is pretty much equivalent to killing them.

What? It was barely dramatic. If anything the impact was lessened.

Ueno is love

I bet you would tell me to watch Fate and Index to tell you they're shit too. You can gleam a lot from lurking.

You're a lunatic

>Leaves hospital without getting stop after just waking from a coma.

I want Ueno to step on my face

>Pardon his bully because hurr durr

He was moved from ICU to normal ward.

Fucking secondaries. Read the source material and your problems are solved.

I don't consider the manga canon

>implying mango is realistic compared to movie
Silliest post of the day.

>reading the inferior version
No thanks

I'm a lunatic for developing a opinion of something from lurking the threads for it and looking up spoilers?

This. The manga is obsolete now.

If you don't watch/read shoujo then sure.

You always have the retards who folk to something animated and don't even look at the source material. Look at the Blame! shit as another good example. Though this series's source material is trash.

If you think that opinion has any worth, then yes.

But movie is so much better than manga (didn't read it though). Kyoani never displeases.

It is more than I've lurked enough to know a trap when I see one. For this though I was in the threads and read the source material so it would have to do something like a kissu to make up for the travesty that was the second half of this manga.

I like how passive aggressive your posts are.

And if you devoted 2 hours of you busy life to watching the movie instead of shitposting, you would not have to argue about this garbage.

>kissfag

But I already wasted more than two hours on the manga.

When you shove in romance elements and never address them you make people unhappy.

KnK manga: forced shit drama
KnK movie: forced shit drama shit (animated ver.)

No, for thinking this movie is even remotely the kind of beast that Fate or Index are.

Why the fuck did the supporting characters get so hung up on something that happened in fucking grade school? I mean, yeah the MC and his girl were directly affected by it, but the others just bullied some kid for a short period of time, yet they all still treated it as the single, most significant part of their lifes.

The manga was shit but the movie was a masterpiece. Yamada the modern Takahata, truly a genius.

He would still have to meet the nurse shit eater.

To bad the shit director was too busy fucking around with special effects instead of splicing together a coherent story.

Why the Takahata comparison?

This is objectively false, and you're an idiot.

Tarkovsky would be a better comparison.

School IS the most significant part of life in Japan.

Unironically this

Oh I get it

Given how the interaction between Shouya and Ishida during the night at the bridge was the most important part of the story, I'm glad they got rid of that cringeworthy page.

what? the manga has more overdramatic moments = more unrealistic.

Sure, it's not like it explains how he was able to get there after just waking up in the first place or anything, pfft.

By "significant part" I meant the short period when they bullied Nishimiya.

>implying "simultaneously waking up and going the same place after having the similar dream" isn't cringeworthy

I literally only read manga, desu.

More like Yasujiro Ozu and Sofia Coppola

I tolerate Ishida e Yuzuru, but the other characters, especially Ueno, the father and the teacher, seems too artificial to me. Jealous bitches, oblivious educators and stupid parents exist in real life, of course, but the author clearly exaggerates these aspects, so there is no room for nuances. And real people are made up of nuances. Hitler didn't wake up in the morning shooting birds and cursing his breakfast.

Say Koe no Katachi (one-shot, manga and film) is a realistic work it's seeing life, bullying and Japan too much in black and white.

And Kenji Mizoguchi.

But why?

Animation was great, and the movement felt realistic. None of the characters felt real with any depth though. Movie's pretty overrated.

Nah, she's more like Naomi Kawase or Hou Hsiao-Hsien.

Ueno is the only good character.

No, that title belongs to Evangelion.

>Ueno
>Not Ishida
Are you fucking blind

>fat guy
>realistic
Wat.

Ueno (who did nothing wrong tbqh) and Kawai are both more realistic than him, toxic people exist irl.

dude this movie is total ass, style over substance, smothered in movie maker effects.
Somebody post gordan ramsay.

I don't think every woman on the earth is a complete slut though.

I got you.
Gordon Ramsay: HEY! KYOANI! C'MERE YOU!

KyoAni: Y-yes chef?

GR: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!

KA: I-it's our adaptation of Koe no Katachi chef...

GR: Koe no Katachi... A seven volume manga. Did you remember to cook it to 2 cours?

KA: W-we thought it'd be better if we shortened it down to a movie chef.

youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds

GR: A movie?! A FUCKING 2 HOUR MOVIE FOR A 7 VOLUME MANGA?!

KA: W-we thought it'd be better to trim the fat off the story chef.

GR: Oh bloody fucking hell! It needed less fat trimmed off than Lindsay fucking Lohan! WHAT ABOUT SHOYA AND SHOKO'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! HOW ARE YOU GONNA PROPERLY ADAPT THAT IN A FUCKING MOVIE?!

KA: W-we decided to show more scenes of the other secondary characters to make fans happy chef.

GR: OH MY GOD! 86 THIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! GET OUT!