Library Management

How do you guys organize your libraries?

I personally use a database and store them on a fileserver.

>Sup Forums - Anime & Manga

I just have a folder called Anime on my graveyard hdd, series that I watched through and want to keep have a $ in front of their name. I mostly delete everything after I've watched it though.

What's up, Samuel?

Taiga

My brain.

If you're going to use MAL URLs, why not just get an account and use MAL itself?

I don't trust it

>don't trust it
What do you think it's gonna do? Eat your waifu or something?

the botnet knows all
it's mostly so when I figure out how scripts work in the future I can pull data off it without having to compile the list of URL's again

Why not just use a SQL server instead of dealing with fucking MS access? With the added benefit that every device on your network can see the database in a browser.
>it's mostly so when I figure out how scripts work in the future
oh, that's funny

Big pile of episodes and other shit on my data drive. If I really liked a series, I get a nice rip and put it on my archive drive. There, everything is by series, with seasons in subfolders.

Everything I've seen is in a folder with icons on each show, and my backlog is just a folder of shows.

A nas with Plex using a modified anime scraper because the default one sucks balls and so does TVDB

Did anyone mention database?

>the botnet knows all
And, even if that were true, what would be the point? Oh God, the horror of the NSA knowing what japanese kids shows you watch?

So you watched 7 shows already? Impressive

Kemono Friends has 12.1 episodes, not 11.
You also stopped at EP8.

I am not pleased with this image.

>incomplete pls no bully

>the botnet knows all
Then why are you using Microsoft™ Access?

Not just that, he has a fucking ms account.

You should make completion into a second table and have it reference the series instead of all in one big table.

>tfw still trapped on the last season

>Last Update 77 d 10 h ago
Have you stopped using it?

No, I only update once every season or two.

hey i also have this autism though i also rate them, add studio, year, season and type (TV, movie etc.) to get some useful queries

Started using Taiga this season, have a Raspberry Pi as a NAS/Seedbox and I'm keeping everything organized with RSS feeds for automatic downloading and organization.

Only have to actively manage it once a season.

I wish all subgroups had RSS feeds with magnet links though.

>all seen in 2017, too
hmmmm

media center master to generate .nfo files and use it in kodi

download, watch/read, update mal, delete

a 2tb drive

t. shill

MAL is a cancerous website and people who support it need to gtfo

Enjoy buying your future mal premium account when you list will be held hostage.

sure is nice to leech off the work of autists for info though

It's not like you get forced to use their forums nobody gives a shit if you use MAL to track your anime

I use anilist since its a million times beter than MAL thanks to proper rating options, notes and actual stats. I wish there was an equivalent to that website as a mostly offline tool but there isn't. I sure as he'll won't go through the trouble of setting up a fucking spreadsheet with genres, subgrenes, sequals, prequals, OVA, VAS, directos etc filled in by hand. It's just too much work for hardly any, if any actual gain.

But I export it once in a while.

>there are people that think that access is a database
kek

But thanks for the idea.
I'm gonna use a graph db like neo4j and represent also voice actors, studios, directors and source material (if any) to extract patterns about my preferences.

Looks like a fun project.

>Pi as a NAS
Oh you poor 100mbit fool

What the hell is the point of doing this?

What's the point of anything man

It's not? It may be a shitty one buy still.

So you can call yourself an anime pro when you post your mal profile.

It's cheap and it's good enough for my uses. I already had one on hand so it was at literally no cost.

autism

The fuck are you using a fucking database for your meager anime listings user?
And using SQL Server would be even more overkill. You can just use an Excel or Open Office spreadsheet for this shit.

I delete stuff after watching
I mark watched stuff on my MAL

It's that simple, stop being autistic

>Sup Forums
>stop being autistic

>And using SQL Server would be even more overkill
if you are planning to do something autistic why not go full autist on it?

>I delete stuff after watching
You might as well be streaming, faggot.

Do you think it would be a good idea to build a MAL-clone into the site?

Got my daily dose of autism reading this thread

Except the quality is much better without annoying ads
And I don't want to be ostracized by autists

Taiga, IT'S A THING OF BEAUTY.

I'd fuckimg kiss the person who made that program.

I don't, it's a total clusterfuck.

MAL/Taiga

You need to watch more anime Sam.

Is an external hard drive purely for high quality anime/ripped DVDs a good investment?

>tfw macfag
>tfw no taiga
>tfw have to use pic related which is SHIT
At least I get to use mpv properly.

If it's stuff you want to archive why would it not be? make these decisions on your own

Because buying things costs money.

He's just keeping track of a hobby. How is this any more autistic than keeping a list of models you've built, places you've went hiking/fishing, or taking pictures of your vacation?

It's not, people on Sup Forums are just retarded. That being said, avoid MAL like the plague, I just write the names of things in a spreadsheet I made.

>using needless document instead of convenient site
Yep you are autistic

>wanting to do things my own way is autistic
>not wanting to be spied on is autistic
>wanting to avoid disgusting overspill from r/anime polluting reviews and forums is autistic

neo-Sup Forums is something else lemme tell ya

>use thing I control vs thing other autists fuck with all the time

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE FORUMS, JESUS CHRIST!

And being afraid of "being spied on" over your choice of light entertainment is, for the record, a sign of autism.

Why not just use notepad?

If you want to do it, what else is there to say? It's just an external drive.

The only thing to tell you if you didn't already know is that external drives are known to fail just like hard drives so consider investing in a secondary back-up, whether at the same time or later on.

it's not queriable

I write them down on paper four times, keep one and send the other three to safety deposit boxes in different locations around the world

people are reluctant to jump ships, doubt it will get many users, if you are going to make anything like that though, make sure it has import/export feature.

ComicRack is the only right answer for manga management. But now's time of online readers and streaming... so no love for it.