Death of Stalin banned in Russia, labelled 'extremist'

Are the russians still commies and respect Stalin?

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/death-of-stalin-russia-ban-extremist-armando-iannucci-a8175886.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no
youtube.com/watch?v=kPFoLXcBxzI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This will alarm and confuse Americans but they see him as more of a nationalist leader than a communist leader.

What's the film about? How that one guy poisoned Stalin with blood thinner and rat poison?

>land of the fre-

The film is more about the aftermath of Stalin's death, making a comedy of the process of selecting his successor.
youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no

normally like jewannucci but if its lifted from the comicbook with same name it will suck

Farcical comedy about how he died and then the power struggle afterwards. It's really quite good, even if ianucci is a bit of a cuck.

looks fun

Daily reminder that Stalin purged a lot of kikes. And they poisoned him.

Regardless of Stalin's persona and actions, it's never a good idea to let some faggot to shit on your own history for shekels and giggles.

Usually I am against any kinds of prohibitions and bans when it comes to cinema. This time, however, I think that banning it is a good idea. The thing is, Stalin is cult figure here today, and making fun of him and other significiant good people of the time in such a cynnical way is not really a good practice. I can see people being really mad because of it.
Just imagine, if you are an American, that there is a movie that makes fun of George Washington/Jesus/whatever figure is sacred to you in a really bad way. I bet you would scream "heresy!" and do your best not to allow it being aired in your movie theatres.
Also, it is not really banned or labelled extremist. It just got it's license to be shown at theatres removed.

>cult figure
But these are exactly the kinds of people you SHOULD be making fun of, no wonder Russia is plagued by so many tyrants, you lick the boot of even long-dead psychopaths.

>hurr durr millions of people died in Gulags because of this guy, let's make some shitty retarded comedy about this guy and show how edgy and snarky we are
>How dare you make fun of gays and niggers, you fucking white cis bigot
American mainstream culture, everyone

Just because they fucked her beloved daughter, she had two jewish lover

>Just imagine, if you are an American, that there is a movie that makes fun of George Washington/Jesus/whatever figure is sacred to you in a really bad way.
We don't have any sacred figures. Most people in this pisshole don't even know their own fucking history.

Whatever you think about him, people like him up to this day. Airing it you will achieve nothing politically, but some people will become angry.

>millions of people died in Gulags
you are cleary missing the point here
why don't you mention the 6 gorillion goy, are you an antisemite?

Yeah, no wonder your country is a cesspool of degeneracy

>Iannucci
So Putin banned Veep
Are we surprised?

>But these are exactly the kinds of people you SHOULD be making fun of
Stalin is a contradictory figure. Was he a dictator? Yes. Did he turned Russia from a poor backwards country ruined by the civil war into a world superpower that in mere 40 years put a man into space against all the odds (which included the most devastating conflict in human history)? Also yes.

Because I don't give a fuck about muh 6 billion dead jewish rats, I care about my people and their suffering. Fuck the jews, it's their problems, not mine.

>fun of him and other significiant good people
>Stalin good

There is a reason the word slav is derived from slave

>Fascist flag
>Hurr-durr dumb slavs being a cogs in a highly effective intrinsically fascist state machine
Are you unironically retarded or what?

But the educationally embedded Jews and leftists are sure to teach us about the Holocaust and slavery ad nauseum.
I grew up in Vermont and my elementary school spent more time than you can imagine teaching us about injun history and injun mythology and injun mistreatment and injun whatever. Much less actual American history.
Similarly my Irish friend told me that's he never learned about Cu'chulainn in school but they did teach him about the Holocaust six times.

The Russians are a bunch of pathetic, butthurt nancy boys. Nobody in our country freaked the fuck out when The Thick Of It came out. Americans didn't start firebombing the BBC when In The Loop came out or when Veep was released.

Fuck Russians. The fact that they can admire a man like Stalin is just proof of how god damn stupid they are.

Stalin didn't only do bad things, they have worst.

>Hurr durr I love my country getting raped by a Georgian mafioso

Highly effective
Soviet union

Pick one, slavshit

They are cucks to worship some meme'd slavic kike thug.

this

Yep. Holocaust, Holocaust, Holocaust. No education about the causes of the whole Irish Famine or actual education about the deeper aspects of American history. Sure was a lot of Jew history taught by Jew teachers, though. And hilariously it numbed me to the intended lesson of it being a terrible thing and made me far more willing to approve of strategic genocide.

Actually that's not true. Slav is derived from the word 'slav' which in Russian means 'word', ie language.

>Slavic
Stalin was Georgian.

It's not about worshiping Stalin you fucking degenerate, it's about not tolerating the mockery of your history by Weimar-like westerners. This is why your country's culture is drowning in post-modernist shit.

The kike/mossad/masonic/religious media from Russia to the USA. Abrahamic filth! Dead kikes on sticks is the only way to go!

>Highly effective
>Soviet union
Could you please remind me again what Union crushed the """"highly effective"""" Fascist/Nazi war machine? Could it be the Soviet one, by any chance?

>parodying a farcical period in one's own history is the same as mocking history

This sort of shit is why you will never be given any respect by other nations. You have less of a sense of humour than the Germans. I would like to remind you that this actually happened. This is not some made up incident intended to weak muh Russian national pride.

>Are the russians still commies and respect Stalin?

No. It's a very complicated thing. If Russians were still Communists than religion would be outlawed and the new Orthodox Church in Moscow would've never been made (Stalin demolished the original). At the same time Russia saw Stalin as the one that kept them from extinction and led a massive transformation from a rural agricultural society to a moderate industrial one during his reign.

On the other hand much of the disasters that Russia had during the early-mid 20th century were due to Stalin. Murdering most of his military command structure in the 1930's like some type of paranoid schizophrenic retard didn't help. He was one of the major reasons why Nazi Germany was able to make such vast advancements deep into the Soviet Union up to the gates of Moscow. He wanted to control EVERYTHING and almost costed Russia for it.

He had Gypsie Jew blood and they stretch from all over the place. The taint that is Juden!

youtube.com/watch?v=kPFoLXcBxzI

Could you remind me why every single country from that fabled highly effective machine sphere has the GDP of an average dish-washer in the part of Germany that wasn't occupied?

This is what gets me with you ruskies, you have no ability to rationally see where you don gon fucked up. Like be proud of the parts of your history that are worth being proud of not wear a badge of honor where the big mean Goergian raped the ever-living shit and economy from you.

It was the most effective system to exist and it is not even debatable. Whatever "good" stat you take, there was an immense growth. GDP, population, science, etc. We were winning so much that in the end we actually tired of winning.

This amerikanec gets it.

Of course they're still commies. You think all those years of brainwashing dies after a couple of decades? Their geopolitical movements all consist of helping their former Soviet allies. They're all fucking cryptocommies and they use typical disinformation to fool Westerners into thinking they're some goddamn white nationalist fascist state that resists the Jew. And half of you retards fall for it hook, line and sinker.

You can go on their propaganda outlet RT or SputnikNews if you don't believe me, find any typical article about American things like the healthcare or the police brutality, and check out the comments section. So much shilling against what they call "state-capitalism".

Exactly and the people they have sent into our Universities for decades and our political sphere here with in the USA as spies and Cultural Marxists. Have made the country anti white and communistic. They should be executed!

>Their geopolitical movements all consist of helping their former Soviet allies
>hurr why does Russia try to influence their direct neighbors it must be because they want the USSR back

You're fucking retarded, you do realize the former Russian Empire encompassed nearly all of the USSRs territory too?

>I am a britcuck and I enjoy when some jewish holywood producer subverts my culture by mocking and degrading my history and my nation
This is why britcucks have become such a fucking joke. Pozzed so hard that you don't even have a spine anymore, you're can't even stand up for yourself now.

RUSSIA NO!

>Could you remind me why every single country from that fabled highly effective machine sphere has the GDP of an average dish-washer in the part of Germany that wasn't occupied?
Because USSR didn't care for profit of an individual, it was built for war and epic ideology-driven achievement (with emphasis on sacrifice of individual at that). And it did succeed in that aspect.

You're basically asking me why Nazi Germany wasn't exactly a fag and merchant paradise, are you sure that you know what your flag means?

Yes I remember the old Russian empire and its holdings in fucking Cuba and Venezuela

Never post again

You have no idea what you're talking about. If they truly were communists then why do they praise their pre-USSR history? Why does Putin give such power to the Orthodox Church? Do you know how much Stalin and the USSR did to try and silence and purge any history involving Russia prior to the USSR? To them, the church, czars, and all of Russian history was evil. Now you forgot that much of their "former Soviet allies" were also part of the Russian Empire long before communism took hold of their country. The mindset of wanting to help "allies" or maintain influence in neighboring countries (all powerful countries do this) is understandable.

Actually they were already in here, they were called Jews. You're acting as if Marxism wasn't a problem that the West was dealing with prior to the Russian Revolution. Jews saw an opening for Russia due to the turmoil and weak state of the Czar and no doubt took advantage of it much like they tried to with Germany in the early 1920's.

>what is oil and geopolitics

You fucking brainlet, there's reasons to deal with Venezuela and Cuba besides just MUH MARXISM

Fucking amerishart. I bet you weigh over 180lb

But you might have actually won if he hadn't kept genociding all your best people

I'll be honest, shitposting aside I can respect the Russian desire to preserve something from parody. I may not agree with it, but I will respect it. Also, the movie looks dumb as shit and aggressively tasteless. So it's understandable in that regard.

Cheers and all the best.

The film does look like shock-value trash, like most "comedies" nowadays.

> This is what gets me with you ruskies, you have no ability to rationally see where you don gon fucked up
come on, not every russian is retarded stalin worshiper - it's mostly old people, who tend to idolize the time of their youth - i.e. everything soviet
Younger generations have much more negative view of this period of time and personalities

Faggot, no understanding! The only good thing about Stalin is that he killed some important Jews. Anybody celebrating Stalin should be gassed from my ass.

>old people lived in soviet time and didn't hate it
>kids didn't live in soviet and hate it
American Propaganda is working

A better example is ML King. You are not allowed to say a bad Word about him in USA

The old-timers probably just view it with more nostalgia, while younger ones are raised in a non-commie environment and thus lack such sympathy. I don't know the minds of Russians, though.

>Are the russians still commies and respect Stalin?
No, they (not russians, but those directly responsible for the ban) are just hypocrite scum. When Mikhalkov filmed two sequels of "Burnt by the Sun" that outright shit on WWII history, including Stalin's persona and his role in these events, as well as on veterans – not only they (Ministry of Culture, specifically) weren't against it, but actually gave him +$50m in financial support. Medinsky (minister) then said that he
>wants every school kid, every member of military and every living WWII veteran to see this movie, and to see how we respect our history

These two films are now considered one of the worst flops in the history of Russian cinema.

wtf i like kikes now

No, but our goverment is

>Nostalgic
About what? According to western history and Sup Forums, every Russian was living in a gulag.

It's from the Russian/Slavic word "cлaвa" "Slava" meaning glorious. So slavs are glorious people in their language. If you're gonna shit post, at least get your facts straight.

Nostalgic about being relevant? idk.

No Bong this is the reason why Everybody respects Russia while nobody respects bongistan

>I grew up in Vermont and my elementary school spent more time than you can imagine teaching us about injun history and injun mythology and injun mistreatment and injun whatever. Much less actual American history.
The Injuns basically are America's only history. White men showed up last Thursday.
>Holocaust
Well you wanted Euro history or not? make up your fucking mind.

Oh please you have nothing to say untill you break your relations to the greatest ally, Mr IloveIsrael

Not exactly, there two actual version: either "slaves", or "slovo" ("word"). Not slava.

Stalin was a churka (georgian or ossetian, that is still disputed) and he hated kikes, although he thought he could use them. Stalin hated the fact his daughter was fucking a kike and he was known to not like jews since he was young.
He was also very conservative, surprisingly because he considered himself a true Marxist.

Stalin wasnt really a commie. He went, by conviction or necessity, no one will ever know for sure, full nationalist. He purged a large part of the party and army and established the mother russia. After him, it was not ever the same. Its called communism but its not lenin's or others line, its something else. Russians may remember the day when while they were not rich, they were sure to have a job, food, even shitty, and a roof. They may be nostalgic of that aspect of society, as opposed to the pool full of sharks that is the "free" market. But nowadays, they are more nationalist, got their church and military might back , and offer an alternative to the western cuckery and self hating. They have a lot of problems, and its not perfect, but i think, as they learned to love mother russia again, they do not want its history desecrated by western cucks. Stalin is now part of their roman national. He was their churchill in a way.

Stalin was a communist but he also held views that you don't think a communist would have, like he was anti-homosexuality, anti-feminist and anti-jewish (although he kept jews in his government).

Russians respect every aspect of their history because they're culturally educated people, well.. generally. Even the darkest parts of your history need to be embraced, they forged your country into what it is now. The glory and struggle of Soviet Russia is their culture, they have every reason to cherish and respect it.

Aren't they effectively run by people who are similar to our Neocons?

Some jew went oy gevalt and banned it

Fuck (((Stalin)))

Precisely. He was a rather odd communist. And quite a polar opposite to nowadays leftists. And he worked so hard, and oc made his people bleed and work so hard, that he reshaped Russia like no other leader of the communist party did except Gorbatchev and Elstin, the traitors. He is a very interesting character, skilled, ruthless, and very committed to his ideas.

I forgot how great Stalin was to the Great Russian people, he totally didn't murder priests, destroy thousands of churches and kill millions for a Jewish ideology.

>they do not want its history desecrated by western cucks
Again, "they" are Communist party officials, who suggested it should be banned (because of presidential campaign underway) and Ministry of Culture that gladly agreed with them. This wasn't a public boycott – nobody really gave a shit about that movie since when russian trailer came out (about a month ago). This was a state issued (and probably unlawful) ban (repeal of translation license to be precise) two days before the premiere.

>banned in Russia
>is currently running in Pioneer cinema theatre
literally fake news

The film was banned because it was not just mocking Stalin, but other people like Zhukov

>because they're culturally educated people

lel, all those people were killed by Stalin. There are nothing but vatniks and low IQ albino monkeys left.

Is it really banned or is this just New Cold War propaganda?

My feelings would not be so bruised by such a movie.

Slav means glory and word, not slave.

Putin himself is a high ranking officer of the KGB, so i am aware the party is still ver present. But its no longer the same and men change. Do not take me wrong, i am not saying Russia became perfect and a model. But i think they learned that the base reaction any sane society should have with "western" media is cencorship. Its safety. You never know what kind of poison lies in it. Also, Russia is an old proud multi ethnicities country, i doubt they welcome medias pushing for division and shame instead of unity and pride. Even if true. For comparison, if you could time travel and show the Rome hbo series to romans from antiquity, what would happen ? You would get thrown to lions in the arena. And, in a way, i think they would be right to punish you.

Stalin encouraged russian nationalism. Take this film for example that was made during his reign m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0

>translation license officially repealed
likely the old info

You can still buy tickets for every day till the end of january. Besides Pioneer usually shows movies with subtitles

Yes you are though. Unlike europe we don't have hate speech laws.

in the first half of his political career he did the opposite and actively suppressed Russian nationalism with korenization programs. I think World War II changed him

He killed g*rms so he is good in my book

Mikhalkov made two shittiest movies ever but he's russian and not some fucking foreigner.

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi.
Fuck off.

And we can only wonder. Did he fought against nationalism with conviction, or to secure his place. And once the war with the reich was is a deadlock, did he showed his power level or was realistic and pratical. Thats the interesting thing with history: we never know.

I liked trailer, it's funny, even if it's nonsense

>base reaction any sane society should have with "western" media is cencorship. Its safety. You never know what kind of poison lies in it.
It would fly with me with regards of movies like "5 days of August" that with a serious face portrays Russian army as a gang of war criminals. Not with satire like this. And if it's really that insulting/controversial then nobody would watch it anyway.

Mikhalkov made it for state money. He shat on your history, you paid for it in advance, and Medinskiy didn't gave a shit about it when they wanted to send it FOR A FUCKING OSCARS NOMINATION. I don't see how these people now have a moral high ground over some westerners with their comedies.

Bullshit. You wont end up javljam but certanly you will lose your Job and be socially ostracized

In Sweden you are also allowed to critisize immigration it does not mean that it is not a Feminist totalitarian state

I dunno man, Stalin seems more like a Abraham Lincoln type of guy where some people praise him as the best president and others condemn him as a president that suspended the writ of habeas corpus and abused his power.

So to further my analogy. Abraham Lincoln preserved the Union much like how Stalin won the war against Nazi Germany. However, many people died and they both abused their authority like crazy. Of course Stalin was much worse, but he also faced a tougher enemy.

hey croatia, you were the biggest nazi, wtf?

Its the other way around. Slave is derived from slav. Because of the limited interaction between the east and west at the time. There was a flourishing slavery market all over the place at the time and Slavs ended up on it like everyone else. The slave Slavs that ended up in the west led to the development of the word.