Will 3D anime ever not look like complete arse?

Will 3D anime ever not look like complete arse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ5H79kMXI
youtube.com/watch?v=cz0QHkXxicg
youtube.com/watch?v=PBFKj6_p-Q0
my.mixtape.moe/uxadrt.mp4
youtu.be/vbMQfaG6lo8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there will never be Pixar quality 3D anime

Any project with the budget of Pixar will always go with 2D, so we'll never see high-quality 3D anime.

It doesn't have to be expensive pixar level of quality, something slightly above dog shit would be nice for a change.

Has no one ever watched Etotama?

Future Tone is the best Project Diva game ever.

Etotama is the closest we got.
S2 fucking never.

Etotama had good CG, so did Show by Rock.

Etotama: youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ5H79kMXI
Show by Rock: youtube.com/watch?v=cz0QHkXxicg

I think the same CG studio did both though?

We got kado this season which looks above average for sure.

>actually watching that fujocrap
Kill yourself.

Is this the official CG thread? Just rewatched Active Raid, Orange is going to knock it out of the park with Houseki no Kuni. In the meantime Kado is impressive as fuck for a TV anime, loving the fractals. Sasuga Toei, their Precure CG is likewise stellar. ID-0 is also really nice, but the video quality seems off in every episode. Maybe low bitrate or something but it is really taking me out of it.

Honestly Polygon should drop out of the industry, they are fucking hacks in every sense of the word. Sanzigen does limited animation 3DCG far better than they do, and Toei/Orange do better full frame CG. It's a waste of Netflix money. Please remember to ironically shitpost as a 2D purist to keep the thread bumped!

>inb4 guilty gear

If you'd watch the show you'd know it wasn't actually fujoshi at all other than not having every character be female

I'd like to think so but seeing how well Kemono Friends and RWBY are doing I'm expecting a lot of studios to think that they can get away with shitty cg

Ram-chan is very beautiful.

The company that handled Etotama's CGI was Shirogumi. I couldn't find much for Show By Rock but I find a studio called "Studio Goonies" who were credited for CGI assistance in LBX and had also worked on SBR.

I found the CGI in Show By Rock to be really awkward due to the ultra chibi character models.

it's already a lot more bearable.
it pains me to say this, but eh.

>dat 3D delicious flat chest
I don't dislike this.

Go buy Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Sound and Colorful Tone to enjoy more of that and show Sega they should still release the games in the West.

Uh... what is this user?

You're showing your new.

So... you guys wanna talk about RWBY?

Gantz the movie.

Don't tell me you don't know about the best CGI film

I DON'T CARE I WANT THE SAUCE!

>No nudity
>All those cut characters
Fucking shit

CM3D2 looks fantastic so yes, chinese cartoon stylization can look wonderful in 3D.

What about toei's cg projects like Saint Seiya and Captain Harlock?
They're still not as good as your average mainstream western production but they're trying. But then pixar, disney, dreamworks have shit tons of cash to spend, it's hard to compete with that.

Final Fantasy Spirits Within

Fuck off Sup Forums.

>Implying Sup Forums likes us.

I can't fucking believe Uri-tan is dead.

It's the coloring. Realistic coloring for anime characters amps up the uncanny valley making everything look "wrong".

The characters should always be 2D, but 3D mechs and backgrounds looks fine. I'm looking forward to Eva 4 for the progress on the CG style the series has developed.

OBJECTIVELY the five most important aspects of anime:

1. Story
2. Story
3. Story
4. Sound (acting, FX, and music)
5. Animation

By those metrics, Kemono Friends is trite garbage,

what about prose.

Polar Express.

>3 of the main characers are male and interact with each other
>fujo
Do the world a favor and off yourself.

I'll take a full 3D iM@S CG anime just for more.

You already made this thread you dumb 1984 Brit

The 5-10 FPS ruined the whole thing. Doing that for 3D is always a terrible idea.

Shima-tan is so lovable.

the boat-waifu anime was rather ok to me .... youtube.com/watch?v=PBFKj6_p-Q0

>grill

lmao

Easily best girl. That one Shima doujin.

Westerners killed alle hope when FF spirits went to shit

It was shit from the beginning.

No it was really fucking amazing for it's time, but westerners didn't have the IQ for the story so they lost too much money. They should have gone capeshit

I should masturbate to that again today, thanks for the reminder.

2D will always be superior to 3D

my.mixtape.moe/uxadrt.mp4

I think a big problem of why cgi doesnt look good is because they often employ it to make production cheaper. So high quality CGI kind of defeats the purpose.

why does CG anime always look over-exposed?

What a cute boy

Arpeggio looked great. It's easy to see with a few software improvements CG will rival hand-drawn pretty soon.

Stealing models from the Japanese wasn't nice, so no.

Yes, eventually. The real question is whether it will stop looking like arse before you stop watching anime.

Why is rwby better than most cg anime?

Kemono Friends looked alright by the end. Not like complete arse.

Oh?
youtu.be/vbMQfaG6lo8

because it's literally just a lazy-ass production for morons that eat that shit up anyway

When they admit that 3D is inferior to glorious 2.5D.

Good, Pixar cartoons look like shit.

All they really need is a program that lets them storyboard/animate(read: pose) in 3d, but will render 2d digital anime project file.

This is the shittiest thing ever, did they make it in MMD?

>Arms clip through her fucking head
This is seriously triggering me.