This is a school shooting simulator made by the US Army set to be released in spring of 2018...

This is a school shooting simulator made by the US Army set to be released in spring of 2018. It will be available only to vetted schools. Think there will be a way to get a pirated version?

theverge.com/2018/1/5/16855410/edge-school-shooter-simulator-us-army-homeland-security-enhanced-dynamic-geo-social-environment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BMo2Ulm4PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is hilarious. This was probably created just as a joke to see if people would be like "yea that makes sense"

So do we get to perform fatalities if we get the shooters health all the way down, because that would be sweet.

The absolute state of America.

>The Army
>makes a school shooting simulator
>to give to schools

What the fuck did I just read? Are they just trying to give a friendly reminder about how they'll die in their nogunz zone if someone attacks?

who the hell would boast about using the Unreal engine?

We need a commercial version of this gayme. It has to have like attack planning and different weapons and shit. Also
>and teachers listen for the direction of simulated gunshots to deduce the shooter’s location. (While Gizmodo refers to it as a virtual reality experience, a Glixel report says this isn’t the case.)
Having stereo sound is VR now?

rainbow six meets sandy hook

Not as good as PUBG, so who carses? Winner winner chicken dinner still reigns as gold.

This is what happens when you have people who don't normally make games, making games.
It all has this kind of clinical, not entirely real, "school project" (irony) type feel to it.

It's not going to be better in a visceral, immersive FPS sense than commercial games.

Who wants to make a mod of this?

Got a better free engine? Inb4 Unitard, C# is for faggots.

Kek. But seriously, do you play as a kid who has to run away from the shooter? Will you have a sound meter for footsteps?

Will the kids have bullet proof blankets

They didn't take to much advantage of the Unreal Engine.

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THE PUMPED UP KICKS

should have done it old school duke nuke en style. "those damn kikes done false flagged this school" heavy musics kicks in.

no one in this reality would be boasting about using unreal engine. That like bragging your game takes advantage of a 3d card.

>american education

Make it like Rainbow Six where you have to plan beforehand so you're able to get everyone on your list before they run away. Do things like blocking doors and setting traps for when the SWAT team arrives.

but i only know c++ and c#

I can do this in real life so what's the point.

hah the ending of the video has the shooter teamed up with a police officer. Just like real life probably

I'm still surprised that a Columbine Doom wad was never created. It would have been a fitting tribute.

Is this going to be a more down-to-earth Payday ripoff?

my guess is you are playing the office and are there trying to stop the school shooting

boom boom "cross your legs and crawl"

>that fov

A blanket won't stop a 5.56

Or the shooter can just rip it off them

They spent so long wondering whether they could, they never stopped to think about whether they should

>tfw no arena shooter with various shooters from history as characters, including Padlock, Dylan and Eric, Mateen, Dorner, ect.

Good to see burgers taxmoney being used for usefull things like a low quality counterstrike clone

The fact that this was programmed under a government contract means that it probably cost more than the most expense AAA title. It's only taxpayer money, after all...

> not using .308
What is this, poor people time?

not breaking out the bfg

that looks like crap
why not just play counterstrike?

youtube.com/watch?v=0BMo2Ulm4PQ