This movie wasn't all that good. Did they just give the screenplay to a first-time director or something?

this movie wasn't all that good. Did they just give the screenplay to a first-time director or something?

The directing was all over the place, there's moments where it felt like the visual storytelling was put simply just to cut corners because they decided to adapt 4/5 of an entire manga series while still cutting and changing certain parts just to make the whole thing make more sense.

And why so much reliance on visuals? I mean it's sometimes clever but othertimes there's just not enough fucking information for the audience to understand.

I'm coming from the side that had read the manga with Sup Forums, and they left so fucking much up in the air I find it hard to see how someone who hasn't read the manga can follow what's going on in the movie until minutes later where they start talking again and the audience has more context to pick up on.

and why is the opening scene accompanied by the fucking Who? To depict the time period? To set the tone for the rest of the movie? No. The song was there simply just to set the tone for the first 7 fucking minutes because the song is hurr about youthful rebellion n' shit.

You know what this movie really is? It's one of those anime movies that gets shat out for the theater after the TV show finished airing, where the entire movie is literally just a recap of the TV show with like 10 minutes of bonus content. Except Kyoani's business model is: "why do a TV show and then a movie when we can just skip the TV show and just do the movie?!?!?! hurrr xP"

Is this movie just praised because Kyoani dicksuckers can't find it within themselves to dislike anything made by Kyoani because they couldn't possibly find any fault in them?

Its praised because even with all its faults is the best thing to come from anime in a long time

>Did they just give the screenplay to a first-time director or something?
No, but you might think so based on Yamada's first-year-at-film-school techniques.

>another blatant bait thread with reddit spacing

what, can't make a decent argument to counter with so you just reply with "hurr blatant bait thread with reddit spacing"?

The fuck is reddit spacing

>Did they just give the screenplay to a first-time director or something?
> Kyoani's business model
> Kyoani dicksuckers
You gave yourself away hard by acting familiar with the studio after pretending to be a massive newfag. 3/8, you still have much to learn.

Found a kyoani dicksucker

I can't wait for this thread to be filled with no one coming up with a decent argument because the movie actually sucks, so they just proceed to call the OP post bait instead

Excessive paragraphs. Like, the most extreme is for every sentence to have its own paragraph.

Yeah is weird now that you mention it, I wonder what it says about the person writing like that.

The OP's post is nonsense loaded with buzzwords, so nobody will take him seriously.

Did they get together? I don't care about bullying or social commentary

What buzzwords?

>replying a full minute and the seconds it took to write the second post after having just typed the first post
>pretending to be two different people
>being this autistic because you have to defend kyoani

Nice paranoia.

Kyoani is immune to criticism in Sup Forums because Kyoanus lickers are always the first ones in the thread to deny any and all opinions that are different from "anything kyoani makes is good"

So we have to write walls of text now?

Making a longer post easier to read is "too Reddit" for us?

>write a long paragraph that complained about Kyoani

>"Lol too long didn't read"

>space out sentences so it's easier to digest

>"lol reddit spacing bait"

Kyoanus lickers at their finest

It's a quirk learnt from your environment. I've seen it for years on Sup Forums, so it's nothing new to me. I don't know the age of the term "reddit spacing", but certainly it's only gotten popular recently. It also seems to me that it's really taken root in other boards like Sup Forums, so I would dismiss people who use the term as crossboarders. I mean, that seems like the Sup Forums thing to do.

I haven't watched this movie so I have nothing to say about it. I didn't care for what I read of the manga so I'd probably not like the movie, either.

>OP complains about a movie that got undeserved high praise because it's simply just mediocre storytelling with good visuals

>but it's from kyoani so autists will derail the thread calling anything that shits on their beloved kyoani in the slightest as bait and shitposting

>muh spacing and buzzwords
>muh kyoanus lickers
Every single reply to this thread is shit.