Moving to Ireland (Dublin) in a couple of months, how is the immigrant problem there...

Moving to Ireland (Dublin) in a couple of months, how is the immigrant problem there? Any tips and tricks on how to go on daily life there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yWZiO7YNoPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you have Irish blood?

youtu.be/yWZiO7YNoPQ

We're almost entirely white with the majority of our immigrants being Poles, Latvians, Lithuanians, etc.

However, the college progressives are trying to infest the country with their cancerous agenda, but for now we're fine.

Also try not to live too close to the city centre as it is so fucking expensive and besides you can use Dublin Bus (get a Leap card) to get in to the city in like half an hour.

Don't do anything in Temple Bar, it's a tourist trap and there are cheaper places almost anywhere else.

One last thing, free speech here isn't dead yet so we're good on that front.

Oh another thing, visit the countryside - it's beautiful.

No, im 100% finnish.

Company im going to work for already has an apartment for me 20 minutes from the city center. Seems like the place is pretty much full of foreign workers.

Thankfully, we've corralled all of the asylum seekers and leeches into basically concentration camps where they can't leave or get state benefits while they're asylum request is "reviewed" (college progressives trying to (((fix))) this right now too)

The foreigners working in the country are generally of a high caliber (from what I've seen) so I don't have any massive complaints. Plus there's still a surplus of jobs available for native Irishmen and women.

This is mostly anecdotal evidence but from my experience we're as close to a white state as the non-Scandinavian Western Europe has right now.

Just some annoying jamaicans lol

fuck off were full

>visit the countryside - it's beautiful.
Agreed, and for a Fin the colour will be shocking, especially if you go in late Spring. early summer. I love Ireland, great place to go fishing.

>(college progressives trying to (((fix))) this right now too)

Part of me wants to start a movement supporting Aramark and their industries. Not because I in any way care about them. I just want to piss the west-brits off!

Get rid of the travellers and there'll be a some room

I'm studying at Trinity and these fucking idiots held their first protest today

Irish people are all leftists, they bend over backwards for foreigners, but they hate anything English sounding. They have no politics, their largest political entity is their sports organization called the GAA, if you want to be successful as fast as possible, love everything GAA. The GAA is a caste system in Ireland that is not advertised to foreigners. They are Civic Nationalist, everything is nepotist, everyone is a friend or second cousin of someone else.

Don't move to Dublin, do whatever you can to avoid Dublin.

Dublin is full of queers
t.Dubliner

Binland people are welcome though if not appreciated as they should be, however don't be shocked at the good few nigs and nogs about the city center and in certain neighborhoods

I should add that it's definitely not as bad as most major cities in Western yurop

it is unclear whether or no the entire country will go into massive recession for a prolonged period.... its a very real chance

but currently, life is ....relatively ok

My wife in Finnish. Biggest thing to get used to apparently is people getting in your personal space, which to Finns appears to be within a 10 meter radius. Strangers like talking to each other and being friendly.

Regarding immigrants, by which I presume you mean the brown, non-european kind, its not too bad really. I live in the North Dublin suburbs and work in the IFSC. I can go several days without seeing a black person. Lots of European and American immigrants in Dublin though.

I don't like Irish by proxy I'm not a leftist. I'm actually a conservative, Irish people are not conservative at all.

Also, all Irish people are Americans, I forgot to tell you that. Every Irish person you'll meet is actually American.

Did all these faggots come from Sup Forums or are they proxies?

how do I get a qt finlan gf?

I second that. Dublin is a shithole. Much nicer and cheaper places to be found in the countryside. Further away the better.

Can I come to Ireland? I just want a comfy home out in the countryside away from all of the insanity

what are you on you madman

I fucked a Finnish-Irish chick today man, you've just got to look out for the blondes with the Scandinavian bone structure and proceed as normal.

When I was here originally, there was only about 3 Irish users in Sup Forums. One was from Limerick.

>How is the immigrant problem there?

YOU ARE the immigrant problem retard.

There's plenty floating about the chon, we generally descend on threads with the tricolour no matter what board in my experience, and IRA threads on Sup Forums, /his/ and Sup Forums are big

Ah sure go on. You took enough of us. Countryside is pretty fuckin comfy here alright.

typical Irish person, ruled by the lowest needs, sensation seeking, screams Drink, Feck, Arse, then feels as if he's accomplished a great service to the universe.

Leftist, liberal, and degenerate.

They unironically deserve it for colonisation.
(They used to be part of the British Empire)

>being a christfag

Tá tú mícheart anseo, mo chara. Táim in ann an éad a boladh

There aren't many Finns living in Ireland but those that do all seem to love motor sport. You'll always find a group of Finns at Mondelo park every weekend.

I met mine skiing, so not much chance of that in Ireland unfortunately.

I've been thinking of just visiting Dublin to go and 'discover my Irish routes' (Dads Irish) but I dont know whether to go visit family in Cork and Carlow or just go to Dublin (Flights are like fucking £30-40 aka cheap)

Sorry mate, I don't speak "Wiskey". WTF did you say?

No idea what your archaic dead language is.

You are a cuck. Being a conservative type doesn't mean you are automatically a Christian, you're also a low IQ retard.

Carlow my man, less urbanised. Or Cork if you like cliffs and the coast

Will locals welcome me or am I no better than a wog to them?

>"Wiskey"
You stupid whore, you tarred Irish people like that because they rebelled against Emancipation.

>protestants

"You're wrong there, my friend. I can smell your jealousy."

Learn to speak your native language, you progressive faggot, claiming to be an Irish conservative but not embracing your Celtic roots

Distinctly west british post.
Go be a baptist proddy minister you silly nigger, our ancestors weren't such restrained anglo saxon types.

>Learn to speak your native language, you progressive faggot, claiming to be an Irish conservative but not embracing your Celtic roots
You wear that language as a piece of clothing, it's a badge for you, you wear to make yourself an Elitist, you're not conservative, you're a fucking leftist. You may larp all you like, you don't fool me. I'm not native in my ethnicity.

>proddy
Are you serious? I'm that only user that actually attacks protestants, you guys are all ethnic hatred retards.

Gallóglaidh are norse in origin.

Carlow is great. Well worth a visit. Cork is full of commie wankers though, so I'd steer clear.

Dublin has a bad rep but isn't too bad in daylight hours.

What the fuck i work for aramark
Why do these people hate them?

> not embracing and participating in your culture because you're too retarded to learn a language that was taught to you in school from the age of 5

t. retarded brainlet

Just because I'm cheap and easy, does't mean I'm a "whore". It means I'm popular.
But anyhoo, I also have questions regarding the big Dub: is it HP or Dell that employs approximately a bajillion folks all around the City? And as follow up question: How is the tech infrastucture in Dublin (I understand it's massive) in regards to choice of ISP, availability of fibre-optics and point of sale reliability? I'm in the central US in a capitol city and everything we have is raw shit. 2-3 days a week most POS/registers a re down, FO is ONLY for the University and major Corps. It sucks and I wanna move.

I was actually in a primary school in London at that age.

They provide the food for the asylum camps mentioned here:

Oh, then fuck aramark
Let them starve

>How is the immigrant problem
It will be worse in a few months

Move to small country village. Buy a round in local pub. Job done.

Gallóglaidh axes were norse, Ború adopted them IIRC, and the original mercenaries were Scottish Gaels. They stopped actually being foreigners very quickly and their custom was adopted to make them some of the first standing professional soldiers among the túatha who previously relied on slógaigh (think that's the plural for slógad) to levy the men of each túath.

You should pick it up man, it's a beautiful language

>how is the immigrant problem there?
significant but not terminal

>Any tips and tricks on how to go on daily life there?
-be chatty/friendly. Try to take time to interact with people you meet.
-public services are dysfunctional. e.g. health service is a catastrophe. Public service unions are untouchable.
-renting is a nightmare in Dublin

Social life revolves around the pub; and there ar egreat pubs which are great fun.

Don't talk religion or politics down the pub

>I also have questions regarding the big Dub: is it HP or Dell that employs approximately a bajillion folks all around the City?
Many companies, gambling hires a lot of people, Intel, Ericson. Dell left many moons ago.

> How is the tech infrastucture in Dublin (I understand it's massive) in regards to choice of ISP,
Yes it is very good.

Dublin is black now

Ireland should have opened the doors and offered their sons and daughters from America and Canada to come home, but they let Africa in instead. now Dublin is a shit hole in the making.

objection

>geography now

hahaha, I do his graphics

no, Finns are welcome bruh

I'm not an elitist. Being an elitist is not a conservative virtue.

FYI, I don't consider Google a tech company.

Thank you. Now I have reference point for ... things.

Can I get dual passports or would I have to give up my American one?

they literally glow in the dark

> learning a language is elitism now
> muh conservative virtues

> creating a caste system
> conservative

Fuck of we're full.

a thousand welcomes

stop being rude

> wanting to conserve my national language
> not a conservative

I agree. I'm also sick if the Amerimutt bullshit that only leads to division

As someone who lived in Dublin for 5 years, let me give you a quick summary:

Irish people are mostly Lefties, overly friendly and progressive. They had a popular vote for gay marriage and just voted in an openly gay prime minister. The last person you will find to be a racist is a native Irishman.

EU immigration is very noticeable in Dublin, but not so much outside Dublin. Most have jobs.
Western europeans work mostly in IT. Eastern europe in manual labor and businesses.
There is also come commonwealth migrants from places like India, Pakistan.
Nearly half of cab drivers in Dublin are black.

A lot of unemployed Eastern European scum but a lot of nice people too. They generally don't bother you unless you approach them first.

City Centre has a lot of native chav scum too. Locally known as knackers. They are absolute low lives, junkies, alcoholics and violent. Stay away from them.

Blacks are mostly concentrated in places like Balbriggan. Also happens to be the cheapest place to rent, and it's quite far from city centre, so you will be fine.

Which brings me to you. I hated every Finnish person I met and worked with. Most of them were completely obnoxious, refused to speak English and mostly just hung around with other Finns. Nearly all of them are alcoholics too.
In contrast, the other Scandinavians are the best kind of migrants to the country. Chill as fuck and hard working, albeit way to fucking loud sometimes.

Dont forget that you are a migrant scum too, probably the worst kind. Economic migrant from a nation known to be filled with obnoxious alcoholics who refuse/cannot speak English.

Good luck.

Why would you want to leave somewhere once you're comfy bro.

truth

But it's not your natural language, the Irish people had many different dialects, it is not natural to standardize a language over disparate people. Forcing everyone to speak one language is not natural.

>Irish people are mostly Lefties, overly friendly and progressive. They had a popular vote for gay marriage and just voted in an openly gay prime minister. The last person you will find to be a racist is a native Irishman.
Incorrect. Dubliners are mostly lefties. The rest of the country is salvageable.

Stay away from North Dublin OP, it's full of knackers and niggers. Knackers are white niggers. Cork is also full of scum.

Go to the countryside. It's nice and people still have a non-lefty way of life.

t. Irishman abroad

>standardize a language
>standardize
>z
Fuck off to America you cunt

We didn't elect an openly gay prime minister. Also most Irish people aren't Lefties....they just aren't very right wing. Irish people don't really care about the political spectrum to any great degree.

Other than that, fair points.

fuck off we're full

True, but an American passport is very valuable. At the very least I would like to take an extended trip and see if I really wanted to move here

>They are absolute low lives, junkies, alcoholics and violent. Stay away from them.
In Dublin, I always wear headphones and sunglasses, when they approach me I do not acknowledge them, they then walk away, but if you ignore them without headphones on, they will pester you.

Gáidhlig and Gaeilge are fairly interchangeable relatively let alone dialects within Gaeilge far as I know

I use an American dictionary, I used to post here without flags.

My speech is an amalgamation of the Munster, Ulster and Leinster dialects with a touch of Connacht. English has many dialects too and yet we speak it. There's no forcing of the language upon people, only encouraging others to speak it.

Dell is still there, in the southern part of the city and they are quite big
HP based in the western part of the city along with Intel, is closing down and laying off people.

There are a shit ton of other tech companies with HQs in Dublin, like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Linkedin, Amazon and tons of IT outsourcing companies too.
You want to work directly for the big companies for good career prospects.
The IT outsourcers like Accenture, CPL, manpower are pretty much like sweatshops for students looking for IT experience.

Ireland offers a lower corporate tax rate hence the vibrant job market, especially in IT. A second European language will pretty much guarantee you a job in most places.

>There's no forcing of the language upon people
We'd all be chatting away as Gaeilge if this was true

Galway city is very left-leaning too

They're not replacing English, are they? They're just teaching kids a 2nd language. What are the downsides of that?

Is the violence in Belfast still done by catholics?inb4 northern ireland isn't ireland

Many different dialects within Ireland.

English is standardized, everyone in the anglosphere more or less speaks the same language. There are no varieties like in Spain or Italy.

There must be a concentration of soy being pumped into urban reservoirs. (((Irish Water)))

I think there's a misunderstanding, I was referencing Irish not English. Irish isn't forced on people.

>HP based in the western part of the city along with Intel, is closing down and laying off people.
They don't have a presence liek they once had

> There are a shit ton of other tech companies with HQs in Dublin, like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Linkedin, Amazon and tons of IT outsourcing companies too.
Yes I'm aware of that, Oracle are also here. I don't consider Google or Facebook tech companies.