What does Sup Forums think of the archetypes and their possession of unconscious people on a political level?

What does Sup Forums think of the archetypes and their possession of unconscious people on a political level?

Other urls found in this thread:

studiocleo.com/librarie/jung/essay.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8IgGtGZwlDY
youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h
youtube.com/watch?v=-6dAQ10bRrM
archive.org/details/collectedworksof91cgju
ia802700.us.archive.org/2/items/collectedworksof91cgju/collectedworksof91cgju.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you give a brief summary of the book ?

For trips i can.

It makes the argument that there are undeniable physical mental components to the brain that facilitate particular ideas and stories, most of which correspond to typical human(animal) behaviour and life.

>what does Sup Forums think of the archetypes
They never go away, and when you can easily identify what archetype someone is whether consciously or subconsciously you can know how to deal with that individual. The most difficult individual to deal with is the hero who has a goal, has a purpose, and has a method to achieve it, but is willing to discard his methods at any moment, making him unpredictable.
Also, archetypes do not possess people, but people do embody the archetypes.
>possession of unconscious people a political level
Do you mean that some people embody the archetypes, but they are not aware that that is how they behave? I've noticed that as well, though I can never tell if they are aware that they are behaving in alignment with an archetype or not.
Pic related are three major archetypes and their characteristics. People will usually embody one significantly more than others.
I look at the archetypes more from a theory of mind/computer science perspective of how individual units relate to each other and facilitate unity, division, conflict, dominance, and submission. In other words, the archetypes are survival strategies we've recognized at various levels of selection, such as the individual, a group/tribe, a nation, or the world.

You have a shit understanding of archetypes and what they are.

(just bumping) cont...

It argues inside us are these primordial but highly important stories that describe accurately the world as it is, but that this is ultimately unconscious.

It manifests itself however as mythological characters, archetypal stories (think every Disney movie ever), and life-lessons that are simply in-built.
Archetypes have light and dark sides equally, as, is argued, is really the nature of this universe (from which we are undeniably manifest)

Examples of archetypes include...

The Anima
>The male's impression of femininity as a concept, and women in general terms - this includes all female concepts like 'the virgin maiden' / 'the succubus' / 'the fairy' / 'the exotic dancer' / 'the manipulative bitch' and so on...

The Animus
>The female's impresson of masculinity as a concept, and men in general terms, including things like 'the king' / 'the hero' / 'the rogue' / 'the rich playboy' / 'the artist' / 'the lecherous pervert' / 'the corrupt leader' / 'the beta male'

The idea is these evolved, hard-wired into our brains not only because they're true, but because they've been true enough for long enough that they've become stories no parent needs to impart in their kids, because they're just that important that nature has hammered them into us.

(i'll describe more in a bit...)

I wasn't done, i just needed to bump the thread before it died, see for more

bamp, jung is pretty cool

>Do you mean that some people embody the archetypes, but they are not aware that that is how they behave?
Precisely, and i also believe there is a wave of mental illness in which people are embodying the wrong archetypes and suppressing others (i'll explain more in a bit).
>I've noticed that as well, though I can never tell if they are aware that they are behaving in alignment with an archetype or not.
Well these things are older than consciousness itself.

>I look at the archetypes more from a theory of mind/computer science perspective of how individual units relate to each other and facilitate unity, division, conflict, dominance, and submission. In other words, the archetypes are survival strategies we've recognized at various levels of selection, such as the individual, a group/tribe, a nation, or the world.
Exactly, they're our adaptation to ourselves almost...

The trickster archetype smiles on this thread.

“The Jewish race as a whole,” he wrote,
. . . possesses an unconscious which can be compared with the ‘Aryan’ only with reserve. Creative individuals apart, the average Jew is far too conscious and differentiated to go about pregnant with the tensions of unborn futures. The ‘Aryan’ unconscious has a higher potential than the Jewish; that is both the advantage and the disadvantage of a youthfulness not yet fully weaned from barbarism.

top kek

All citizens need military grade weaponry in case the political archetypes are wrong.

I think the trans-wave we've all been noticing explode in the past decade or so is a mass mental illness in which men (in every sense of the word) are embodying their Anima archetype - instead of noticing its positives in a physical woman, they take the spirit of the anima and shove it inside themselves...

How many of you have seen this happen with traps here on this very site?

They don't dress like normal girls, do they? They dress like 'the perfect' girl. What fucking girl wears those thigh-high striped socks?
Almost none, but traps do - because traps are dressing like their Anima - real actual women (With their corresponding Kore) don't pay attention to details like that (which is one of the reasons men rule the fashion industry).

Well, if we take the theory of archetypes seriously, yes, we should all absolutely have military training - we should ALL be forces of extreme evil that we then get under control for the sake of the good.

This is why the soyboys are so viscerally disgusting to all of us - they're... nothing... they're utterly weak and useless. Dig deep into your darkest side and you know you'd have practically no trouble murdering one - their soft sweaty little bodies would put up almost no fight at all.

As such they're disgustingly imbalanced creatures and our archetypes can sense it a mile off.

Is that from ACU? Paragraph ref?

Debunked long ago by neurosciences, psychology and anthropology

C. G. Jung, “The State of Psychotherapy Today,” CW 10, pp. 165–166

Oh really, that's very interesting.

Explain how?

This desu.

Jung should be required reading in schools.

Oh damn, not read that yet...

I think it's time for all of us in the west to take the final redpill - becoming conscious of our archetypes; their darkness and their light - and preserve ourselves once and for all.

my faves are, Memories Dreams Reflections, Synchronicity, Modern Man In Search of a Soul and the Red Book. they are super-comfy translations for English readers.. jealous of our Germananons though

People always ask me, 'user, how do you post in so many threads on Sup Forums???' and I always tell them 'well, you see, I use a highly sophisticated Enterprise Grade proxy service called proxies.lol'. It lets me post on Sup Forums, and other websites, as much as I want - without getting banned! I've been banned over 506 times and yet I can keep posting! With proxies.lol I have the confidence to get back to what truly matters: shitposting whenever and however I want! *FUCK* the mods. They're a bunch of faggots who can't do dick to stop me!

Ask your doctor today if proxies.lol is right for YOU.

>be me, turk intellectual
>try to start threads about jung
>only a couple of based anons join in the conversation
>a faggot leaf appears using jungian concepts
>"omg archetypes bruh lmao"

you sicken me Sup Forums. you stared long at normies and hath become normies yourselves

I think the ideas are poorly phrased.
>"collective unconsciousness"
this requires proof of existance, even if its only to give insight in what Jung ment by it,

Must read for all anons

it's a matter of awareness not proof

You can get the audio book on tpb

Cocaine bump

I'm no leaf my good kebab and haircut man.

How do you access awareness?

The proof, as far as i understand it, lies primarily in the striking similarity most myths have across the globe, regardless of their history with one-another.

The only counterargument i can imagine is that somehow through almost flawless oral tradition the one single pre-human tribe we once were before splitting off managed to keep the rough outlines of their myths for hundreds of thousands of years.

But you can also feel the archetypes yourself - almost every movie or book or game that gets extremely popular has at least -some- archetypal influence embedded into it, and the ones that are the most vapid and worst of all have the least archetypal influence.

Because seeing a piece of entertainment that's deeply archetypal has the amazing effect of your soul almost leaping out of your body to say 'yes, yes it's just like that'
... it's a profound joy to watch because the archetypes get to essentially watch a movie or read a book or play a game about themselves - which translates up into your consciousness as extreme joy or engagement.

Archetypal entertainment is about as close as is possible to get in telling a personal story for everyone, and it's so effective companies like Disney have made billions doing it.

Found Jung's work through Campbell's. I never looked at society and culture the same way after reading them. Pic related.

>military training

why tho?

Heh i had this problem in past where i started to identify somewhat with what would i call 'aggressive' persona. I didn't know that yet then but all my hobbies /out/, /k/ and /fit/ could be watered down just to being a short stocky manlet. I was surprised how well Jung describes such thing in detail. My problem was that i didn't want to accept my weakness (manlet that didn't learn) and limitations so i pushed them down into the 'shadow' but instead turning into a soyboy i turned into an short angry fuck. Fleet guilty that i overcompensate like immature fuck so i didn't do most, abandoned ship and got stuck into nihilistic downward spiral.

Not fucking nice.

I meant peterson obviously

it's hard to interact with things if you're not aware of their existence. modern materialist culture limited us to the domain of intellectual mind so we forgot our other inner faculties. abandon all that you know to be solid and true. can you stuff things in a bag which is already filled with other things?

how well do you know yourself? yes you are self aware and can recognize yourself in the mirror but what's beyond this point? how do you identify yourself? where do you begin and where do you end?

I'm getting there, shit's like reading myself into a slow and long acid trip.

Jung will never be required reading because he speaks the truth. Take his work on Alchemy. Modern science would have us believe that Alchemy if failed chemistry by idiots and not what it really is, a spiritual and mystic art that provided to the people those aspects that were not in the Catholic church.
I will admit I am in no ways an expert and he is not always the easiest person to read but he is more accessible then one would imagine and encourage all to pick up Man and His Symbols as an intro and Archetypes. After that you can read just about anything he has written. Although anyone who wants to start in this thread should read the following essay.
studiocleo.com/librarie/jung/essay.html

>That is the secret of great art, and of its effect upon us. The creative process, so far as we are able to follow it at all, consists in the unconscious activation of an archetypal image, and in elaborating and shaping this image into the finished work. By giving it shape, the artist translates it into the language of the present, and so makes it possible for us to find our way back to the deepest springs of life. Therein lies the social significance of art: it is constantly at work educating the spirit of the age, conjuring up the forms in which the age is most lacking. The unsatisfied yearning of the artist reaches back to the primordial image in the unconscious which is best fitted to compensate the inadequacy and one-sidedness of the present. The artist seizes on this image, and in raising it from deepest unconsciousness he brings it into relation with conscious values, thereby transforming it until it can be accepted by the minds of his contemporaries according to their powers.

Read pic related too.

The taped interviews are far more engrossing, and my all time favorite dialogues. Campbell would appeal to the Jordan Peterson fans here.

youtube.com/watch?v=8IgGtGZwlDY

don't worry, spirals lead to eternity regardless of their direction. nihilism is a necessary and temporary stage

its very Jungian

Carl Hung is the only one I can trust about religion
Jesus is great man of Pisces Age A.D.0-2000
Now we are in Aquarius Age and it answer everything
however I still wonder why power of 12 zodiacs still happen and connect from imagine of ancient people

Would be interested in where you got that chart from... it's not entirely correct by the way, one line that's wrong for example is the gender

Oh, right. Yeah.

>I still wonder why power of 12 zodiacs still happen and connect from imagine of ancient people

You could argue that when man looked at the stars he projected huge parts of his psyche into the zodiac. Since man is essentially the same that is why the zodiac still has power, it is a glimpse into who we are by way of the unknown.
Although I, like Jung, am partial to a more mystical interpretation.

mundusmillennialis.com
at the top there's a link that says K A W that leads to that page.
Androgyny is the synthesis of the two genders, it conceives of both male and female and yet supercedes them as well. How would you have put it instead?

Spend enough time in it. Feels like hell.
Then again you need to go deep enough to find that dragon or maybe i will fight with mother of all dragons.

jung is a shaman LARPing as a science man

The Aquarius age, i think, IS the internet.

>A flood, or abundance of water
>Water is the primary symbol of the unconscious
>The flood...
>Suddenly, for the first time in the history of the universe, literally billions of minds of what is already (as far as we know) the most intelligent creature there is, are able to communicate to each other instantly.

In years past, to have the sorts of conversations we're having right here, insane as it may seem to the unthinking, you'd either have to be in a university (in which case your draw of minds would be limited to the walls of that university), or they'd have to take place in the lonely confines of one's own mind...

And here we all are, the frogs, swimming in Aquarius' abundant waters...

Searching for the golden orbs god has dropped in our waters...

>modern materialist culture limited us to the domain of intellectual mind so we forgot our other inner faculties. abandon all that you know to be solid and true.

What are the inner faculties? Do you trust what you know to be solid and true 100% Is it changless?

>And here we all are, the frogs, swimming in Aquarius' abundant waters...

Wouldn't that make Sup Forums humanities collective shadow and we the chthonic denizens? Where else but the shadow can you find the strength necessary to save the west from its own suicidal tendencies. What a strange and wonderful place we have found ourselves in.

Thanks I'll check it out. I should have described the incorrect part better - it's just in the wrong order... though they line up correctly with some of the other things in wrong order. The time row is an example of the correct order

Ive always came here for redpills on things including this thread. Can't wait until someone properly in the know shits on Jung with vengeance. Nothing is sacred and thats a good thing. This place is collective shadow. Welcome to the hurt-box.

>why tho?
Character building.
The archetypes are our proverbial molecular structure, but they're a dull knife if left alone.
Systems can be built to sharpen us, to temper us.

>instead turning into a soyboy i turned into an short angry fuck.
You're already heading in the right direction. Next you must learn to wield carefully, and then finally sheathe this sword you've crafted in anger.

>Fleet guilty that i overcompensate like immature fuck so i didn't do most, abandoned ship and got stuck into nihilistic downward spiral.
Nihilism is a dark trial indeed, especially if coupled with clinical depression.
But you have no idea how bright the world gets once you slay that dragon. It's astounding.

As luck would have it, unlike the soy's, you already seem to have made yourself a sword to fight it with by accident.

Kill this beast and you'll be a force of nature.

>it's just in the wrong order
then what is the correct order?
I think you dislike the association of "future" with "androgyny" because it makes you uncomfortable to think of the future caring less about gender in the current way we do.

Yes. I think somehow this place has become the shadow of the internet, and therefore the collective unconscious of humanity.

It was never built to be that, but the architecture of the environment itself facilitates such things - Sup Forums has ever served as the base of the internet's mind. There are darker, sicker regions to be sure, but none with the level of psychic power Sup Forums seems to have...

... it's truly one of the strangest places on earth, and it isn't even technically a 'place'.

I kind of fallow what you trying to say, but still i don't understand how building your own 'persona' based what shadow tells you or is afraid of is a authentic or good thing. Shouldn't we try to integrate shadow, not just fallow it?
I mean all that out thing toughen me up a bit that's true but it always felt like im overcompensating my manletism. Like hurt child. There is a reason why we don't give scared children guns and we laugh at small dudes in big cars.

You have to read Jaynes to get the full, or at least a bigger, picture

The real name of archetypes are logoi.

Just another bullshit theory for postchristians.

It has nothing to do with what I think. A lot of that chart's flaws almost certainly come from the conflation of triad and trinity. Easiest way to identify the difference is in the basis of completion.
E.g.: the evolutionary row isn't a complete scope of the chain & is therefore merely a triad while the time row is the complete scope of time... 3 that are 1. & that format has certain immutable principles that carry throughout any variation of said form.
Give yourself an opportunity to realize the form for yourself & I'll give you more of a hint than you should need: the solar/ lunar row is correctly aligned with male/ female (peculiar they use the signs instead of the historically typically celestial bodies themselves which the signs are based on anyway... but instead of rising, the rendering is typically a star or light)

More then that Jung was the man that took jewish psychology and made it fit for the mind of the gentile. Freud, like your typical jew, to me appeared to be concerned with the material. He reduced everything to the base and sexual. Jung on the other hand elevates an individual to the transcendent. He was the man who started me on the path to understanding the world is more then the physical. To quote an user from above >jung is a shaman LARPing as a science man

well it's a divine endeavour I think. I had also been in a dark pit of despair and indifference for a long time but I didn't go all the way. the things I avoid the hardest are still waiting for me to face them

I think that we're trans-dimensional entities so to speak and have qualities which modern man would classify as "mystical" or "supernatural". I'm not interested in what is true or not. I'm interested in knowing how I lie to myself

it's a simple matter of intention and will user. what are you after? if your intention is pure and your will strong, you will be shown the way

now if you excuse me I will stop being a know-it-all faggot and do this thing which modern society foolishly calls as "sleep"

>Shouldn't we try to integrate shadow, not just fallow it?
Yes, that's exactly it - sorry, i wasn't clear.
Integrating and taming the shadow is the end goal, and always should be.
Because not only do others have a shadow, which if left untamed, just makes them either worthless or dangerous, but the physical world also has a dark side (which is why nihilism and black-pilling is so easy to take - you can fall into the entire other half of the universe and drown with ease).

I personally think there's currently an epidemic of black-pilling amongst 40-60yearolds, so, so many of the one's I've spoken to are just hopeless, it's so sad. They're basically resigned to the concept that these are the last generations on earth, and the world is going to end soon, this is probably further compounded by them projecting their own fast-approaching mortality into the issue.

>overcompensating my manletism. Like hurt child.
Which is how most, if not all of our pathologies come about - childhood is a rough time and it leaves its scars in all of us; you can transcend that which you feel you lack - your exercising was in the right direction, but one dimensional.

You have to work on your mind, body and soul. Whereas it sounds like you worked only on your body, like trying to make a building with only 1/3rd of the scaffolding up - if you feel it's collapsed, then that's why.

When you work on these 3 aspects of yourself with the same vigour you did for the 1, you'll drown your childhood worries in pure reality.

This. See

We are trans-dimensional, in terms of 3D, because we're not three dimensional creatures at all - our bodies are, right now - the fingers we're using to type this shit are, as are the eyes which see the text.

But our superordinate totality is very much a 4dimensional creature - a being which stretches across time.
You are your childhood self, plus your teenage self, plus your young adult self, plus everything you learned and will learn growing through time.

Your body will literally purge itself of every atom its currently made of every 7 years.
We are the captain of the Ship of Theseus.

>They're basically resigned to the concept that these are the last generations on earth, and the world is going to end soon

Being upset about the decline of the west and the death of our civilization is one thing but to think you are literally one of the last generations of people on the planet is something else. How one gets to such a dark place is beyond me.

I think it's because they're going through it so late in their life - i'm thankful i went through depression when i was younger, it's hardened me against such smalltime nihilistic thinking.

It's like the various pox types people try to get their kids to catch, because it's so fucking awful to get if you're an adult.

It's a full underworld journey you have to go through, and most of these people are nearing the end of their working lives, and they're just simply out of energy so they give into the darkness, and spread it around, they vote in its direction, they let it speak to their kids using their lips and tongue.

They're posessed and they don't even know it - a depressed teenager is nothing, they have no influence, they can't vote, they're no impact at all... but these blackpilled adults ... they're doing real fucking harm.

I heard a goddamn adult say "the world's going to end soon anyway" on the fucking radio today, i couldn't believe it.
Then i thought the sorts of things i'm thinking now, and had to sadly admit that i could, in fact, believe it...

Is there a list of the archetypes and their characteristics?

>believing in new age pseudo-science
both freud and jung are outdated. a lot of freud's fetish garbage has been debunked. and jung is mostly hippie dreamy nonsense.

>When you work on these 3 aspects of yourself with the same vigour you did for the 1, you'll drown your childhood worries in pure reality.

Problem with those childhood worries (...and the shadow) is that its going in the background. You think you are doing something for yourself and then catch yourself red handed. Its hell to go through that then, this is where the spiral begins. You might say im in the phase of 'developing' my mind but it supersedes the body now. I can't imagine myself going back as all what i can see is that angry little squat overcompensating. If only i would know how to put all that energy into something both of those voices agree on.

The book in my original post is basically just that, but it can be a bit of a slog with no priming.

As much as low-Sup Forums seems to hate him for some reason, possibly because he isn't turning up to his lectures in an SS uniform and screaming "gas the jews now" for 2 hours, Jordan Peterson's maps of meaning lecture is, in my opinion, an excellent primer to start you off in the direction of deeper learning into this stuff.

Here's the full playlist: youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h

treat it like a podcast.

>A lot of the chart's flaws almost certainly come from the conflation of triad and trinity
Can you explain the difference between a triad, which I consider as three things that have one thing in common, namely that they belong to the same set, and a trinity, which I consider as three things that have one thing in common, namely that they have some unifying factor (possibly a set)? Do you define trinity and triad differently than me?
>the evolutionary row
Which is this? If you are referring to Neanderthal, Cromagnon, Aryan, these are still 3 that are 1; all are hominids. It would be accurate to say that the Neanderthal is in our past, the Cromagnon is present, and the Aryan the future, even though Cromagnons and Aryans were in the past, the dominance has and will shift in that order.
>& that format has certain immutable principles that carry throughout any variation of said form
Would you prefer it to say Subhuman, Human, Metahuman instead? I'm pretty sure that is the meaning that was meant to be implied.

Very useful heuristic whether or not they are "real" in any remotely concrete sense. Which is precisely the way in which they become concrete.

Thank you

Hippies interpreted Jung, but don't accuse him of being the thing those people manifested his words as...

you are the universe and the universe is confused

youtube.com/watch?v=-6dAQ10bRrM

Peterson is a good intro but if you really want to have some fun with Jung you need to watch Flip Flappers. The anime is Jung + Freud + magical girl lesbians. The symbolism is so much fun once you understand what you are watching.

No, the aquarius age is characterized by a humanitarian and egalitarian worldview.
I read it on an old freemason book called "Fire and Ice - Brotherhood of Saturn"

Squint your eyes then and look around to find the thing that shines brightest for you - find your meaning in life and fight for it.

What we're doing here is pretty humanitarian and egalitarian, because in this flood, in spite of our various flags and personalities, we know we have more in common than we do uncommon...

That would be my monitor mate.

Jokes aside, couldn't say it better. Thanks for encouraging words. This ain't exactly political but its still better than just sweeping through slid threads. Good thread so last bumperino, goodnight brother.

Goodnight, i hope you find your meaning in this mess.

Jung was a National Socialist supporter, though psychology is filled with Jews.
“It is right here, in plain sight, even in one’s own name. Jung said that “freud” in German means pleasure. And Freud centered his theory precisely in sexual pleasure. “Adler” is bird of prey in German and his psychological doctrine took as its basis the instinct of power. “Jung” is youth, and the great doctor placed rebirth at the center of his teachings, standing on the prow of the ship of eternal youth. In his house a plaque reads: “We were young, we symbolize eternal youth.” He knew this.” – Miguel Serrano

>Subhuman, Human, Metahuman
That would definitely be more in line with a trinity... though I would word it a bit differently. Like I said, triad v trinity is a difference of completion... A good example of a triad might be Odin & his two brothers or the biblical sacrificial animals.
Approaching from a strictly secular view, a triad might seem like a trinity but in reality only be 3/4 of a quaternity & that same apparent quaternity could genuinely be a trinity. For example, if you translate past, present, future (genuine trinity) into "beginning, middle, end" you'd essentially be in the 3/4 quaternity zone.
A good way to try figuring it out is to solve the riddle of the hermetic seal
> a man and a woman joined in a circle. That circle surrounded by a quadrangle, surrounded by a triangle, once again surrounded by a circle
Surrounded by might be better rendered "turned into"... useful to consider the nature of a circle (particularly in relation to a line). Where are you familiar with the first line happening in the real world? What is that said to be? Semisonic might offer you another clue

Where can I read this online?

Well, i think there's much more to know. For example, the fading "piscean age" was ruled by Jupiter... And fuck... it's everywhere in the past: Eagle symbolism, "solar civilization" traits, masculine worldview and so on. It's very weird stuff.

I think this might be it: archive.org/details/collectedworksof91cgju

looks to have a lot of download options for various viewing formats.

ia802700.us.archive.org/2/items/collectedworksof91cgju/collectedworksof91cgju.pdf

Many thanks, guys.

It's time for the west to be born anew.

Like the phoenix, we'll burn away the dead wood and rise again.
The west is the spirit of Europe, and Europe is the only monster that can stand the heat of its own flames.