Can capitalism still work once automation hits hard? if not what would be the alternative...

can capitalism still work once automation hits hard? if not what would be the alternative ? don't say Communism there has to be a better alternative to that

No, it won't.
In fact, coming technology will be so disruptive and there is so much potential for dystopa-tier horror I pray I will die before I see it.

all jobs that are automated should be taxed and UBI provided to workers displaced by said jobs. that way you still have capitalist economy, you satisfy the lower class/blue collar people and allow those who wish to participate in the job market to do so at their own leisure.

Why do you think death will save you?

I agree.

You think people are divisive now? Wait until everyone is on gibs. Then you'll really see people wondering why they live next to who they live next to.

Automation doesn't make resources scarce. Humans will still have to do something to earn and retain value in society.

Tiered underground cities and pleasure domes.

It should encourage them public to get their nose in a book to learn how to maintain the new equipment or go find something to satisfy their lives.

It may actually relieve people of the burden of having to work jobs we don't want to do.

I work in a physical rehabilitation center and the nurses there are subjected to work conditions I would rather hang myself than to see everyday. So bring on the robo worker plz

can capitalism work once mechanization hits hard? don't say Communism there has to be better alternative to that.

The productivity is becoming so efficient about 80% of the people will be useless in 10 years. Now the question is what to do of them?

Machination is installed, therefore no need for ever-growing populations, therefore no need to import illiterate, inbred, shit-IQ, third-world fuckheads.

Japan has the right idea.

Fertilizer to regrow rainforest

Capitalism will still work, there'll just be more humans in entertainment and service industries than there are right now.

Reject automation. Stay human.

It would be something completely new basically.
There was no political philosopher basing his ideology around automation. Robots are endlessly more efficient than humans.
Shit would have to be freely available in order to keep the workers from revolting.
People will come up with obscure consumer products and thus
product shitposting is born.

Is it not obvious what will happen? The 90% who are unneeded will end up being killed off one way or another. This is inevitable fact.

To be fair, communism has not be attempted in a society were all jobs were automated. It might actually work.
Although, even communism is structured around the idea of needing people to get certain things done (or fucking else), so I doubt it would be at all adequate either.

Bake your own bread to protect your spirit from the new world order.

Communism wouldn't work, functionally it wouldn't need to exist after automatization. Who's labor would the capitalist be "stealing"?

automation will not get rid of scarcity. when i say scarcity, i mean this: if i have one apple, i can do several things. i can eat it, i can sell it, i can plant it. i cannot do all of these things, however. if i eat it, i cannot sell it. if i sell it, i cannot plant it. i have to choose what i will do. this is what makes a scarce resource. scarcity is the basis of capitalism. because automation will not eliminate the limited usage of resources, it will not get rid of capitalism.

What if all jobs just become groups of people that get together to make decisions for the business?
Everyone just gets on a video chat for an hour or two every so often to discuss if the robots should add pickles to that weeks special or not.

>Communism there has to be a better alternative to that
>be so advanced that you barely need to lift your finger to get all your resources you need
>deliberately breed a massive populations of nigs and nig-like creatures depended on gibbs for shits and giggls
Why would you do this?

I liek this, and I think the Germans have the answer. I like the Germans, to be quite honest. They have some pretty great ideas. The Chinese can only hope to steal this kind of thing, as genetically, they are wired entirely differently from you and I. lol, gooks.

if everything actually gets automated then the gives will inevitably flow. the only true currencies are labor and thoughts, which are used to create food which is the basis of civilization. the moment labor is no longer traded by humans people will start thinking that they dont want to die lol. plus the people receiving gibs wont judge other people for receiving gibs because they will feel equally pathetic (just human nature).

By the time robots take over to that degree I think an AI would be capable of running it just fine, and it would be able to determine what people desire based on polls on what they're liking on facebook and so on.

Automation won't fix the housing market.or the approaching water or energy crisis

commies will tell you otherwise

people will have to change jobs, but there won't be a lack of them for people to do

people usually don't study and prepare themselves to work for jobs that are obsolete

>1880
>will we all be jobless once a mechanized harvester is invented?!?!
>quick switch to communism!

>can capitalism still work once automation hits hard?
You can always have the people who own everything give welfare to the people without jobs to keep buying their shit and keep them from killing you.
>If not what would be the alternative?
Pic related contains most of the info, if you want more I'll share more.