Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3A2s70Z_LTg
youtube.com/watch?v=OOLvgh0q-ww
youtube.com/watch?v=LmXdpv3pCGU
track5.mixtape.moe/buegrt.mp4
my.mixtape.moe/sftrqk.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Extra Serval Awoo yet?

Thanks to the translator user from the end of the previous thread. Foxes are cute.

Light Serval

how long did the last thread last?

Do you ever thing characters like Cerval will make an appearance in the anime? Gen1 oddities like Pink Panther probably not, but Cerval was a big plot point of the mobile game

About eleven and a half hour

>but Cerval was a big plot point of the mobile game
Yeah but the plot of the mobile game doesn't matter for shit so who cares
She's not even a good character at her very core, the bare idea of her is an affront to writing.

Could you survive and fend for yourself in japari park Sup Forums/

Our Serval is actually Cerval. Gay Wolf did say that some Ceruleans are not aware that they are Ceruleans.

Ironically, both Friends and Ceruleans are made of Kemonoplasm.

I would die instantly.

Would be fun.

I mean, at the level of danger the park apparently presents, I think I'd probably be fine provided I didn't pass out from heat stroke or dehydration before I got out of the Savannah.

Turns out there is an Aardwolf painting for sale out there.

>don't matter for shit
It's canon according to the tofu

Grey Wolf says a lot of shit that isn't true, so what can be said of that. Though the kemonoplasm bit does raise a few questions... Maybe more Ceruleans turn into friends? Maybe the reverse is also true?

>not appreciating thick

Yes but some people aren't willing to correlate the two due to pronounced differences in writing

I try to ignore those people

Nani?

me and my friends got lost in the woods during a camping trip while I was drunk and they were on LSD and we got back to our campsite at around 2 in the afternoon okay, so I guess so. Only thing that wouldn't make me survive is that we had to have the women from a site near us do the tent since no one knew how to set it up

But there's literal irreconcilable differences, they can't be the same timeline.

Bullshit. Everything that's been said by the Wolf are true.

Please don't try to throw around death of the author when the word of god is still being spoken. Good retcons in the form of more information about between events should (eventually) clarify those differences. Hopefully...

Kemono Friends leaves me with a feeling of bittersweetness

>Good retcons
That's exactly it though
Retcons
It means everything from the original is null and void until further seen
So the whole idea that Cerval is even part of the Anime isn't able to be stated as true

A retcon does not necessarily imply prevous events no longer happened. It can be as simple as changing when they happened, or who was involved. (Unless with specifically overlapping/replacing events)

Imagine writing a story where you start in the middle. Certainly you'd write about events in the distant past to better explain near past events, right? The future still happens in the future, but shifting minor details around in the past doesn't automatically invalidate the whole timeline.

>A retcon does not necessarily imply prevous events no longer happened. It can be as simple as changing when they happened, or who was involved. (Unless with specifically overlapping/replacing events)
While this is true you're under the assumption that it is a simple retcon and not a redo of the entirety, which the anime points to by going through different routes, redesigns of girls, and only borrowing a few key elements from elsewhere.
Which makes sense, because it was a third party making the product, and a failed product at that. Borrowing some elements does not mean it is a successor, especially when it requires retcons to work.

>but shifting minor details around in the past doesn't automatically invalidate the whole timeline.
These are pretty large details though, especially if you try to tie the manga into it as well, which has just as much validity as the game at this point (ie, not much).

This timeline shit is just forced tofu that has no real basis besides that they are in the same franchise.
So unless you can point to proof that there is a timeline there's no reason to even claim retcons are just a minor thing because it falls under a rewrite, and unless you can point to proof that these retcons aren't removing Cerval (because face it, she's a bad element and they ignored all of the other bad elements), then it's pointless.

Hippo enthusiasts: the few, the proud

Please don't.

brushy brushy

>People caring about canon

At a certain point in any fandom it just doesn't matter really. You should take a page from Touhou fans. You'll be less stressed and you'll live longer.

Take it easy like Capybara?

Exactly.

My spirit animal.

tfw you'll never be as comfy as the capybara
why live?

it's all fun until Ibis shows up

did he died?

This is how you kill capys.
youtube.com/watch?v=3A2s70Z_LTg

How do these things even survive in the wild?

They breed fast and get along with most animals, though they have to watch out for jaguars and those fat bush dogs.

They can live up to 8-10, but in the wild it would usually be less than four years, since they're the favorite foods for other animals like jaguars, eagles and ocelots.

They're like that one lovable stoner everyone knows who's friends with people on both sides of the law. He's just too chill to hate.

Day 28: They still don't know I'm a Capybara

I doubt Amazon fishes want to be friends with capybara.

Capybara are herbivore, so the fish don't have to worry about them.

Would Assistant be one of the stronger Friends?

youtube.com/watch?v=OOLvgh0q-ww

Where would I acquire this?

The thing is, many of them would eat capybara if they try to venture deeper waters. Not to mention piranhas and their blood sense.

>Not to mention piranhas and their blood sense.
This is how I know you're talking out of your ass because piranhas abhor living flesh and will only eat carcasses unless absolutely necessary.

The Eurasian Eagle Owl is pretty high-tier as raptors go, yeah but it's not really in Eagle/Hawk/Falcon class, the friends who wear the military uniforms. Hakase and Mimi are very powerful on their own island, naturally.

Piranhas are actually really cowardly fishes.

In my opinion, Cerval as character is a dumb idea, and the Serval=Cerval theory is even dumber. I don't get it's appeal. So no, I hope it won't make appearance.

2hu fanon is a fucking cancer. So no, thank you.

I too hope they don't pull off crap like that one show that shall never be named and cater to all the dumbass fan theories

But isn't the appeal of the show that the background mystery ultimately means nothing to the Friends?

youtube.com/watch?v=LmXdpv3pCGU

PPP must feel weird with their legs stretched when they stand up.

Anyone got the kamen rider OP with KF?

Even if you discount piranha, other predatory fish like catfish could.

track5.mixtape.moe/buegrt.mp4

EXCITE EXCITE
my.mixtape.moe/sftrqk.mp4

Kaban is cool.

Geimu?

With the way they're incorporating tons of stuff in the backstory, it seems like "Cerval" only will exist if she actually is still around since the time of generation 2.

The mobile game itself isn't canon, but the official backstory presented in the guides is using many elements similar to it (although not all of them).

No, bath.

Every fandom is cancer. The work is the carcinogen.

I hope we get the Justice trio on the new island

OK

>Kaban and Serval arriving in the JUSTICE area on a makeshift boat.

>that one show that shall never be named
which one?

I've all but given up caring. It's occasionally interesting but for the most part I couldn't give a fuck what they want to say happened as lore as long as the anime remains fun and enjoyable.

Even 2hufags care about canon, you know. To much lesser degree than, say, Tolkienite, but they at least care about how events unfolded and who were involved.

So wait. Have penguins pretty much evolved to permanently squat?

I want the lewd Shiisaa sisters

They are all slavs.

>the baby slug
;_;

Are we allowed to have best Friends?

Is this some kind of j-dorama parody?

Almost 25years.

>You should take a page from Touhou fans.

Fuck off, those aren't fans, they're just cancerous memespouting posers and the reason why the Touhou fanbase looks so bad to a stranger.
Luckily aside Purple-kun's episode and Shoebill spam KF still hasn't caught the interest in such shit people like yourself.

Delete this

Is that Saber Marionette J?

>People who made Advent Cirno and Help me ERINNN are cancerous memespouting posers
You don't have to try so hard, you know.

There are so many JaguarxSlug meme pics but not a single time have I seen anyone shipping Jag with Zebra.

Man, the laws of memedynamics just don't make sense

Ancestor

Sure, yeah.But like you said, to a much lesser degree. There's key things that establish the world, characters and events. But beyond that it's basically a playground for the mind. Most of the events are even left vague enough for fans to expand on themselves.

Cute.

Because ZUN's worlbuilding is that vague. But in KF worldbuilding is much clearer. So you can don't care about canon how much you want, but please don't tell people who actually care to stop doing this. Setting is one of the strong points of the show and it's a good thing fandom cares about it that much.

Not really. Autistic arguments that get repeated over and over on points neither side can prove a really don't make anything great.

wakaran

Better than touhou-tier secondary infestation.