SKYKING SKYKING DO NOT ANSWER war is coming boys get the fuck in here and get /comfy/

>TUNE IN:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
[Loc J032kf]

>SKYKING FREQUENCIES:
main: 8992 11175
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
mode: USB

>WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
numbers-stations.com/media/articles/EAMs.pdf
ominous-valve.com/hfgcs.txt

>CALLSIGN LIST:
henney.com/chm/callsign.htm
panix.com/~clay/scanning/Frequencies/Military/mil-callsigns.txt (out of date)

>FREQUENCIES:
mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=648

>LIST OF ALTERNATE WEBSDRs THAT CAN BE TUNED TO SKYKING:
[Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)

>LISTENING STATION LOCATIONS:
levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

>MILITARY AIR TRAFFIC:
global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html
Go to options, filters (check enable filters), and select military.

Other urls found in this thread:

websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901
en.wikipedia
clyp.it/22rilybj
youtube.com/watch?v=chD7uFjsfH0
aa9pw.com/
pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Straya, cunts.

QRD please

message coming in and its long

standing by

QRD is QTH.

I've got HFGCS on my Kenwood. I'll let you all know if I hear something WebSDR doesn't pick up.

Wat the f is going on?

What is going on here?

ALL STATIONS

coms activity rn

He fucked up. Needed correction.

the happening of all happenings

In a formation?

OH FUG
KIM LAUNCHED

ALLSTATIONS AGAIN

Anyone care to post message for us non-listening at work Sup Forumslacks?

For listening stations Stateside, 6739 has the clearest reception. 4724 has too much fad an an S7 noise floor for me.

>rothschild bows to BRAVO DELTA
>controls TANGO 99 QTE ALPHA GAMMA
>first RED ROVER will likely be BETA 69 YELLOW THETA BDRRT
>we can only pray these SKYKING BRAVO ALPHA DELTA THF QXL9 are benevolent

HOPE THAT HELPS BROTHER
STAY SAFE SEE YOU IN THE RUBBLE

I'm having trouble getting my radio, computer panadapter and HDSDR all talking to each other so I can't record yet.

What am I supposed to do with this?
What is this?

it's the end, user

>websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901

Two Skykings mean jack squat.. Those are system tests.

I think it’s just a military plane fan club

How many skykings plz?

DO

NOT

ANSWER

Nothing. It's military talk. One Skyking is nothing, two is a system test.. Anything more than two (Where he repeats Skyking more than two times at the start of the message) is BAAAAAAAD.. You always hear two or one. So mostly tests.

I wanna say nothing is happening but last time i walked in on this Guam went into defcon 3

So what's the DEFCON?

What's the other chatter? I keep hearing delta 1

They have these system tests once or twice a month. I am sure it's nothing. /p/ making a big deal out of it because tensions in Korea. That's why they are posting it here.

We're MilComm DXing (listening to military communications) of the US Air Force sending coded messages to assets; likely spy planes, nuclear forces and command centers.

A "Skyking" is an urgent message, usually just a single word, and the longer messages are probably more detailed instructions for a specific unit.

>en.wikipedia .org/wiki/DEFCON

Really? "Defense Condition" is DEFCON.. You haven't seen the movie Wargames? lol 5 is peace and 1 is nuke war.

Yeah, we see these “IT’S HAPPENING” posts daily now. Nothing is happening, I always end up disappointed.

War is fine. Hopefully it'll be a big one. I'll just go to my cabin inna woods. Also I'm already past the age of the general draft anyway

The level fools. The level.

he means the current DEFCON, what's it at?

They will say something like "sky king sky king do not answer" then a bunch of random foxtrot lima alpha ect ect.. Just listen to the first part. More than two sky kings can be bad.

have any of these ever turned into something? i think the guys with the ham radio need to find a new hobby. the government uses sat links using microwave transmissions. you wont get to overhear whats being said

Maybe 5? I assume we're at defcon 5.

No it sounded like a pilot calling out for something. I know what the broadcasters from the bases like greymare (raven rock) sound like

Increased chatter means something may be going on.

It doesn't mean you're going to know what that is.

5-4, yeah

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!

The last time an actual message correlated to a huge event was when Putin started surprise winter drills next to Finland and Norway. The message took a half hour to transmit and it took hours longer for news to break about it.

>Is bad
Not really; could also be a high priority message to somebody to change position etc.. Obviously for the risk of side channel attacks they will likley have hidden priority modes for serious stuff.

So we still full LAPR right now, or is something actually happening?

That's a myth you newfag
they always only say two.
if the MESSAGE is repeated 3 or 4 times
then its serious

That’s not huge

1 year old, but maybe this was real

clyp.it/22rilybj

My hypothesis on the skyking "priority" is it's also a part of MAD and the "games" associated with it. Basically you know the "other" is listening and if he does some shit you give him a hint you know about it.

fuck!

I could've used my SKYKANG /comfy/ pic!

It is if you're Finland or Norway (and if Norway, then NATO too).

well the nokos openly made a clear threat about taking back south korea by any means ie the same thing they did during the first korean war. but once we start seeing videos and photos of shit like vid related then we will know for sure, and plus we hav had more activity than normal on coms.youtube.com/watch?v=chD7uFjsfH0

It's classified you dumb fuck

Is there a specific frequency I should focus on?

I'm not hearin nuffin

Perfect thread to out all these newfags. LURK more

Oh, and it appears the "Joe and Jerry Shitshow" on 7200 has been shut down by the FCC. It appears they went and took Joe and Jerry's equipment yesterday. I will miss them.

dude... I remember when that happened. I unironically thought it was a small tactical nuke because my younger self was retarded and wanted to see shit go crazy. Bit of a chaotic neutral you could say.

But Norks would be retarded to start the conflict. China would throw their hands up and say, "fuck it, he's not worth it anymore. You have it," and that's if they don't invade them themselves in response so they don't lose the resources.

China has been colonizing Africa so they aren't dependent of North Korean for a while now. I think they're mostly just posturing at this point.

Are we live on 11175? I haven't heard anything in the last 10 minutes.

Any of the HFGCS freqs is fine, they simulcast. Lower freqs work better at night.

It's a sit and wait and shitpost here while waiting situation. It's not always broadcasting. Just press squelch to silence the static (it will break when a signal opens it).

herpa derpa fagomo.

Every other SkyKang thread the radio has been full of chatter. It's been so quiet that it's almost disturbing. Not even getting the fuckin radar tests coming through.

>red team go
>red team go
That's what I heard, I have no fucking clue what you are talking about, but it sounds like you do (pic related) it's me. So, I'm gonna need some fucking layman's terms on this, please and thank you.

I do have guns, ammo, and nonperishables if that helps.

What qte is gonna cause a rr and rrt?

I'm on my home radio so I never get the interference (JORN does hit me occasionally) but I never have to hear the Fishermen on the frequency anymore.

How does an user get into ham/cb stuff?

Went to 2 on nov 28 2017

What freq?

>/p/
>p

How come i dont needa captcha to post bois?

WTF no, I have no idea what you are all talking about. WTF is this shit about?

Ham and CB are two different worlds.

What do you need to know? ARRL.org is a good start. aa9pw.com/ has great practice exams to take as you study.

I'm a General-class ham and an Examiner, so ask away.

CB will get you shitposting for 10-20 miles for 100 bucks.

Amateur radio can get you talking around the world but more expensive.

I’m curious what is this winter drill you speak of? I seem to have missed it. Last major NATO-focused drill I remember was Zapad 17.

>What do you need to know?
honestly, CB isn't important, but I know practically nothing about ham

What frequency are you on

I was making a fucking joke! I have no idea what is going on and wanted someone to explain.

March, 2014 or 15.

Radio and communication technologies are recurring topics. Here are a few quick start notes

--[Range]-----
Yes, radio communication can get you around the Earth. Literally. You can do that in many ways.
VLF, LF: these band can go through the Earth and are used for reaching submarines. There is a radio amateur band available at 2200m
HF: the workhorse long distance bands where you with some skill can transmit around the globe at 10 W
VHF and up: there are many bands available with specific services:
A: you can use the radio amateur packet radio system using store and forward and send data across the world
B: you can use radio amateur satellites (see OSCAR)
C: you can use meteor scatter
D: with care you can use moon bounce or EME to reflect signal back to Earth
(B, C and D will give intercontinental range but not necessarily full globe coverage)

(copy pasta from pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm )

Ham is about tinkering and experimenting. Making equipment (usually antennas) and trying to make contacts around the world.

So far, my farthest contact is France but my 102 foot antenna isn't properly positioned; I need to wait until spring to get the ends higher.

Lurk more.
Skyking is a US military radio frequency and whenever stuff happens here, shit may hit the fan. One time I was listening US went into defcon 3

Thanks for the link

>tfw I live completely safe here in Argentina and in case of nuclear strike I won't be affected by it.

Happy to help. I'm running about $2500 worth of gear I bought for about $600 (really good deal from a friend).

That's a really good deal, breh. kek

I won't be able to get into this stuff for a while, but it gives me time to read up and know my dick from my ass when I can at least

What did he mean by this? Also what are we supposed to be looking at?

I've got this old ass CB radio that I can't find much info on when I look it up, can I just plug any antenna into it and it'll work assuming nothing on the inside is fucked up?

Hey, gotta start somewhere. If you get your Tech license, you're pretty much limited to VHF/UHF radios which don't really have global rangebut can let you talk on local repeaters (they take your signal and rebroadcast them from a high tower at more watts) so you can get on the air with a Baofeng UV-5R and a good antenna (a 771; never use the shitty rubber duck that comes with the radio) for under $60.

Your license is $15 to take the exam. You should study to pass your tech and general at the same time (pass tech, general is free, pass general, you can take extra for free).

Probably as long as you're powering it with 13.8 volts and at least 5 Amps (likely closer to 10-15 would be better).

...a state-wide transmutation c-circle...?

I'm going into the Marines soon so I doubt I'll have the time, but who knows. I'll see what happens when I finally get stationed after my MOS schooling and shit.

Thanks for the info

It's a base unit, just a plug into the wall.

Should work. However, a magnet mount CB antenna is going to need a ground plane (a car's metal roof). You can half ass it by placing the antenna on a cookie sheet to give you sufficient ground plane for CB power and range. (The higher the antenna, the better, too).

Alright. I'll see what I can see. Depending how much they are I might just say fuck it for now and come back to it in a couple years

Are you near a Truck Stop like a Petrol? You can pick up a magnet mount Cobra or Browning antenna for like $20.

Not that I know of. I'm not close to an interstate or any major highways. I'm in one of those weird in between places that are in the sticks, but still close enough to a major population center that it's not really the sticks. It's fucking weird.

t. North-West NJ fag

There are a lot of Hams in that area. I talk to 3 or 4 guys from that area a lot on 40 Meters. Walmart probably has CB antennas. KMart did when they still existed.