What is the best psychological anime?

What is the best psychological anime?

Parasyte

code geass is god tier

>psychological

Code for "deep"shit
Very few things in this genre are worth giving a fuck sadly
Ghost in the Shell probably. Monster is good too but you clearly know that.

re zero

Boku no Pico

Divine Gate

You must be at 18 years old to use Sup Forums.

You already posted it

House M. D.

Zawa zawa

Kaguya

you posted it

Pretty much anything made by Yuasa

For manga then anything made by Asano

Kuuchuu Buranko, newfriends

evangelion

Tokyo Ghoul

Yugioh Arc V

Wixoss S1

>this is your mind on batoru

I like them there Paranoia Agents,
but prolly cause I'm such a sucker for surreal.

Dr. Katz

Is GITS psychological?
I mean the way the technology had affected the characters and society in general was a constant but never the main plot focus.

Reminder that Monster end is pure shit

Psychological meaning that anyone who likes it probably needs a psychologist?

Monster

Sword art online

this

Mononoke, kinda

Naruto
Believe it

Trapeze, along with a few other suggestions already in this thread.

One Piece is the thinking man's anime

I thought Paranoia Agent had its moments.

Futari wa nervous

Girls und panzer

Just finished off Monster. I don't get the hype. The whole ending sequence, while pretty good, still felt weaker than I had been lead to believe. I don't think you ever see a single civilian actually get shot, and there are only like two times you hear gunshots ring in the distance. Long story short, I think it fell short of the whole 'massacre' aspect.

>Johan gets shot by a random drunk, absolving Tenma of the burden of killing him
>Johan jumps out a window, absolving Tenma of the burden of consequence for his choice
What a fucking copout dude. Also, Nina was fucking shit and nearly ruined the series for me. Who the fuck wants to watch multiple 10 minute sequences of a girl spazzing out and screaming at the same memory slideshow? Not me, man

I did like a fair few of the characters. Lunge, Tenma, Eva (towards the end), the bodyguard guy who died and Grimmer were all cool dudes.

> I don't think you ever see a single civilian actually get shot
Steiner didn't get angry over nothing.

I agree about having mixed feelings on the final confrontation though. I realize that it was meant to be about Tenma never turning on his ideals in the end, but I still think it's a tad silly that he didn't make the choice to finally shoot when a child's life was on the line right in front of him.

One thing I really dislike is the sequel confirming that Johan is still running around being Satan.

What was the point, then?

>Steiners bimbo
I'm pretty sure those guys in the building across from the inn were Roberto's boys, considering it was an orchestrated hit. So it STILL fails to be a situation were any towspeople 'massacre' each other

I'm certain he would've shot Johan had the kid's drunk father not beat him to the punch.

i swear "psychological" is the stupidest way to categorize any show

What upsets you about evangelion user?

Yeah, I got that vibe too. He was taking his sweet time though.

Texhnolyze
Paranoia Agent
Maybe FLCL

>psychological anime
How to spot a spic.

this whole concept of "psychological anime" is bs, so idk if you people would consider ergo proxy one or not

>no capitalization or punctuation
>bs idk
I agree though.

Higurashi

i cant be bothered to capitalize or punctuate things

Glasslip

Johan is my idol. I too wish one day to have a room so empty and devoid of material goods that I too could descend into nihilism.

You can almost hear OPs muffled overweight breathing under his guy fawkes mask

This

Johan lost, he wanted Tenma to kill him in order to crush his ideals, yet for the first time in his life fate has beaten him and something outside his calculations managed to take him down

No matter how much you try, evil's still out there

please, take a bullet to the head. twice.

Why? I thought it was fine

Johan getting shot by someone completely uninvolved seemed like a cop out.

What's wrong materialist pig? Can't let go of your possessions? Do you think they bring you worth, fagnog?

This fucking show right here.

Hey, I'll take all the cheap thrills I can get out of my material possessions.

That's right, because your life is fucking empty.

Rewatch it dude

There was a sequel?

I thought part of the beauty of the ending was the ambiguity.

That's why I'm here.

Monster: Manga or anime?

I liked the anime.

homunculus bar none

Akagi

this is literally a rec thread and should be deleted

There isn't one. Enjoy your walk down an endless path. I'll right there next to you.

>Futari wa nervous
this. for 80+ episodes I'm expecting a massive ending. I mean johann is supposedly god tier on manipulation and psychological games, easily executing all his plans with the end goal of world domination, then the ending happens like a fart in the wind

Perfect Blue

I like Paranoia Agent for some low-key horror (but nothing too insane), but Welcome to the NHK was also heavily psychological albeit in a different way.

The anime is a slide for slide adaptation, so you might as well watch the anime.
Pluto and 20th Century Boys are also good and written by the same author.

>What is the best psychological anime?
Spoonfeed me: brainlet edition

>Defibrillates asystole
>M D internal medicine

Shiki, Infinite Ryvius, and Paranoia Agent are the only ones that matter.

psycho pass

This.

Box of Goblins aka Mouryou no Hako.
> yuri bait
> actual death
> made by MADHOUSE
> a real you-know-what everyone is in rave about these days

I do not remember any newer anime that drives me that mad. Perhaps Shouwa.

>Psychological
this is the worst anime meme, even "pretentious" is better.

Anyway, Texhnolyze is probably the best anime that gets categorized under "psychological"

I personally view Paranoia Agent and to a lesser extent, Infinite Ryvius and Shiki as psychological shows whenever said topic is brought up because of their emphasis on psychology.

Eromanga-sensei.

None

Manga. Anime is shit

Does monster pickup at some point ? becuase johan is pictured as a horrible guy but he just hires people to kill old people

no spoilers I'm only at 19

>psychological
>Monster
I still don't know if I like this meme or not.

all good stories start slow. keep going

What would you call a genre that is more about a a battle of wits between two people? Sometimes I find it under psychological

Umaru-chan

Kaiji