Dragon Ball Super

What do you think of Nu-Toriyama's artstyle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNZRTkpfuqA
desuarchive.org/a/thread/150449133/#q150451980
desuarchive.org/a/thread/150449133/#q150451533
desuarchive.org/a/thread/149715787/#149717068
desuarchive.org/a/thread/149320599/#q149341219
desuarchive.org/a/thread/148823736/#q148831414
desuarchive.org/a/thread/148823736/#q148831264
youtube.com/watch?v=x_1Pbh7NXKU
youtube.com/watch?v=G6FboEQRRsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FREEEZER FREEEZER FREEEZER FREEEZER
youtube.com/watch?v=xNZRTkpfuqA

I think you're a faggot

> This is the Team Captain of U7
> Freeza will be taking orders from him

How the mighty have fallen

I like it but I prefer his old style

> 17 shouldn't be as strong as he is

Doesn't having infinite stamina really help with training though?

Theoretically 17 and 18 can train non-stop for an infinite amount of time, without sleep

Toriyama hates muscles

That's why he purposely made SSG thinner, and all the new characters skinny

oted By: Funny how people bitched and called GT trash because of things like 17+17 being able to stand up to SS4. Now 17 fighting on par with SSB after training with poachers in DBS is being fiercely defended.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/150449133/#q150451980
>Android 17 + Android 17 (with a trenchcoat!)=SS4

desuarchive.org/a/thread/150449133/#q150451533
>The power-scaling in GT bothered me a lot
>Two Android 17's >= SS4 Goku

desuarchive.org/a/thread/149715787/#149717068
>Two Android 17's > SS4

desuarchive.org/a/thread/149320599/#q149341219
>Extreme power discrepancies, like Super 17's existence and Base Kid Goku being stronger than SS4 Goku at times

desuarchive.org/a/thread/148823736/#q148831414
>Super 17 >= SS4 Goku

desuarchive.org/a/thread/148823736/#q148831264
>At least DBS is much more consistent in terms of power-scaling than GT
>Two Android 17's >= SS4 Goku

Still going on with this pasta?

Facts are:
> GT's 17 never mentioned anything about training. Super at least did that.

> Someone who is Android Saga Piccolo-tier shouldn't beat GT Vegeta un-fused

> and shouldn't be SS4-tier when fusing with another version of himself (even if that other version is slightly stronger)

You really lack common sense if you actually believe the 17 situation in Super and GT are the same

What's up with this shitty writing?
Let's do some fact check:

U7 has beaten U6! and that's a fact.
Beerus is stronger than Champa, and that's a fact
Zeno observed the whole Tournament between U6 and U7 and he saw how it ended, and that's a fact.

Now how is U6 is ranked higher than U7?
>Toei shills are gonna defends this

>GT's 17 never mentioned anything about training. Super at least did that.
Wrong, one of the 17 was modified by Dr Gero(the person who created him) and Dr. Myuu(another Genius creator). This 17 fused with the other one.
Training with poacher, wow.

I know people are going to defend this, so I'll say it right now: Don't.

Both Goku and 17 were holding back, sure. But there's still a problem here: There is no visible 'Gap' between the two. If they were both holding back yet were seemingly equal? Then that means 17 is still somehow stronger than a Goku who has:

Trained 7 years in otherworld
Absorbed the Power of SSG
Fought a GoD and lived to talk about it
Fought Golden Frieza, who was as strong as a form several times stronger than SSG
Trained for 3 years in the RoSaT
Got his ass handed to him by Hit
Received numerous zenkais over the Black Arc
Fought an insanely powerful Fusion that only got fucked up because Black and Zamasu weren't compatible. Had they been, then they would have been truly fucked through and through.
Became x10 stronger: proven by Goku overpowering Hit without the need of Kaioken x10. Hit wasn't holding back either, the dude was going all out like he promised he would. Fucker killed Goku, which is quite the feat.

All 17 has done is:
Range a fucking park for a decade or more.
Give some energy to the Genki Dama to destroy Majin Buu.

That's fucking it.
It's illogical and stupid as shit.
It's plot convenience and it's garbage. They could've at least fucking explained it.

Despite all of this, this dumb ass motherfucker is like:
"GONNA KILL MYSELF BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO INSTANTLY ONE-SHOT PEPE THE FROG, CYA GOKU, TELL MY SENPAI I SAID PEACE OUT."
Toei what the fuck are you doing???

If you're still debating powerlevels/powerscaling, fuck off. Why fuck off? If the producer of the god damned show doesn't care about consistency, then that's it, it's done. The arguments are fucking dead.

Is SSB Goku holding back? Against Krillin? Yeah, it's obvious Krillin can't hold his own against Base Goku alone, this was already proven.

Is SSB Goku holding back against 17? Fuck no. It's obvious with all the Hype they had around 17, they intended for him to be near that level. This SSB Goku which went through hell and earth against Goku Black and Zamasu, fought a God-Level version of his race's killer, and has even fought a God Of Destruction and lived to tell the tale, struggled against a park ranger.

Quit arguing it, quit acting as if you can PROVE anything about ANYONE anymore. The shit I said about Krillin?? I could be fucking WRONG. If the producer doesn't care at all then obviously neither should you. Arguing endlessly is pointless.

Protip: Nobody is forcing you to watch the show. It may suck now, but if it stresses y'all out to the point where you have to blow up countless threads full of the same, spiteful shit; """""grown adults""""" who can't handle cartoons? Then you should stop watching it, seriously.

I myself am loving it, because I also don't give a shit what happens as long as it's cool as fuck. (Of course I, nor anyone wants anymore extreme situations like the ones we've had, especially if they're poorly animated or written as bad or worse.)

tl;dr: Literally nothing you debate about DBS powerscaling issues can be proven. So stop wasting hours trying to prove random anons on Sup Forums wrong when they can easily just fucking ignore you, lol.

It's based on the average power level of mortals in a particular universe, NOT the power levels of select dozen ppl.

U7 would be rated higher if Buu didn't go on a planet bursting frenzy under Bibidi, and Cold clan didn't make xenocide their family past-time

>Hybrids have always been bullshit, user.

I like his new style better, look cleaner and simple. It looks good for his designs in Dragon Quest universe.

Goku didn't beat Hit.

Also, stronger universe could be an overall average stronger, meaning the "mortals" of U6 are stronger on average than the mortals of U7, but U7 still has the strongest fighters.

Why is Universe 6 so based?

>Wrong, one of the 17 was modified by Dr Gero(the person who created him) and Dr. Myuu(another Genius creator).

GT's Vegeta couldn't beat the ORIGINAL (un-modified) 17, who didn't say anything about training

And the modified 17 shouldn't be SS4-tier when fusing with someone who's Android Saga Piccolo-tier

Pay attention

pastafags need to be shot

Remember when Hit was damaged by Base Goku?(also happened in the manga) Same thing applies there.

Garbage.
DBZ was the main reason a lot of people started lifting weights.

now everyone is skinny

Such a nice Kale cosplay

CAULIFLA IS MY WIFE

>GT's Vegeta couldn't beat the ORIGINAL (un-modified) 17, who didn't say anything about training
>implying
That 17 had his park ranger gig, he was fighting all sorts of poachers ;^)

>And the modified 17 shouldn't be SS4-tier when fusing with someone who's Android Saga Piccolo-tier
How would you know?
>17 was modified by Dr Gero(the person who created him) and Dr. Myuu(another Genius creator).
Gero made him as strong as he was in the first place, so saying he couldn't make him even stronger is dumb.

Vegeta - Technically absent throughout the only passable arc in GT (Baby Saga). Couldn't beat an unfused Android 17. Cheated his way to SS4, and only jobbed with it.

Goten - Not only is he useless (DBS Goten is pretty useless too), but he barely has a presence in GT in general. I can't count Baby Goten, since that's technically Baby not Goten.

Gohan - Jobbed even though in the GT time-line, he supposedly never stopped training. Very unimportant in the show in general as well.

Trunks - At least he got some screen-time in the first saga, but after that he was pretty absent and unimportant. Not to mention: not only was he was surprisingly weak, why did he have Future Trunks' personality?

Pan - Annoying girl with probably the most inconsistent power level. Also no SS for bullshit reasons.

Uub - As Goku's "successor", he wasn't' very useful or important. Also nerfed heavily after the Baby Saga.

Buu - Only purpose in GT was a few scenes with Mr Satan, then get absorbed by Uub (which in the end, was pretty pointless)

Piccolo - Mostly absent in GT until it they killed him off.

Yamcha - I think he was in literally one scene in GT? He wasn't even doing anything and didn't say anything either iirc. Pointless.

Tien - Was he even IN GT?

Better get a divorce, in your heart of hearts, you know that this tomboy was made solely to get Videl'd, when Frieza goes all Spopopopo-something on her.

>Same thing applies there.
?

>That 17 had his park ranger gig, he was fighting all sorts of poachers ;^)
17 said he continued training. He never said how.

Also this: > How would you know?
Because adding Android Saga 17's power to Hell Fighter 17 should be insignificant compared to SS4. I'd believe SS3...maybe. But sure as hell not SS4.

> Gero made him as strong as he was in the first place
I'm talking about Android 17. Not Hell Fighter 17.

Also Gero said that if they fused, they'd be "even greater than Perfect Cell!"...which still doesn't come close to SS3, much less SS4

>Keeping Goku a kid throughout the series
>First saga = poor attempt to mimic Dragon Ball's feeling of adventure
>Minion "stronger than Majin Buu!"
>Pan in general
>Android 17 + Android 17 (with a trenchcoat!)=SS4
>SS4 isn't a natural progression from SS3. You can skip from SS1 to SS4 if you can control G.Oozaru
>SS4's magic pants. Also why is Goku ONLY an adult as SS4?
>Becoming Golden Oozaru because of "blutz waves" is bullshit
>Trunks was lame.
>Goten was a complete shit character
>So was Marron. Shit and useless.
>Bra, with her being the daughter of Vegeta and Saiyan heritage, never fought. Shit character.
>Uub, the second coming of Goku, was shit
>Even after fusing with Buu. Shit.
>No adult Gotenks, not like it matters because Trunks/Goten individually were ruined.
>Pan not becoming SS. But Goku Jr does.
>Piccolo was basically absent. Except when they killed him off.
>Same with Krillin
>Was Tien even in GT?
>Gohan's loss of Mystic wasn't explained
>Gohan supposedly continued training, but was completely useless
>Kid Goku's base form = SS3 Buu Saga Goku
>Despite that, Kid Goku cannot hold SS3 for a decent time
>Kid Goku beating Freeza & Cell at the same time, base form, with a stick
>SS4 Goku cannot beat Super 17, but Base Kid Goku can in one shot
>SS4 Goku cannot tank a ki blast from Omega, but Base Kid Goku can
>7 Shadow Dragons, basically only Goku fights
>GT stands for "Goku Time". Fuck everyone else.
>SS4 Vegeta was useless
>Vegeta in general was useless. Except for his body being used by a villain.
>Final villain was bland, lame, and had a boring personality and terrible design
>WELCOME TO THE GRAND TOUR

Only autists and pedros defend GT

would you still praise and adore him?

Yuck

>He never said how.
So they didn't explain shit? Ok.

>Also this
Nice headcanon.

>I'd believe SS3...maybe. But sure as hell not SS4.
Again, Gero made him as strong as he was in the first place, so saying he couldn't make him even stronger is dumb.

Modified by the person who created him>>>>>>>>Fighting poachers

>I'm talking about Android 17.
And I'm talking about Super 17
>17+17 being able to stand up to SS4
You're the one changing the subject

>Also Gero said that if they fused, they'd be "even greater than Perfect Cell!"...which still doesn't come close to SS3, much less SS4
No shit he was talking his previous creation.

The Queen of Smug.

It's Freezy Pop you ningen

>So they didn't explain shit
Still more than GT, you have to admit

> Modified by the person who created him>>>>>>>>Fighting poachers
1: Fighting poachers = all of 17's training is your headcanon

2: GT Vegeta couldn't beat Android 17 PRE-FUCKING-MODIFIED

God level.

ZAMASU

>Still more than GT, you have to admit
Nope.

>1: Fighting poachers = all of 17's training is your headcanon
They didn't explain shit, all we know is that he was fighting poachers.

CAULIFLA IS MY WIFE

There's nothing wrong with being a ningen.

>then get absorbed by Uub
when did that happen?

fuck off kale

Maybe 17 in GT was training too that's why he was so strong pre fusion. He also only fought base Vegeta.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_1Pbh7NXKU

>Cellfag damage control: The Video

calm down now, also back of the queue.

see this what do

> Modified by the person who created him>>>>>>>>Fighting poachers
But I JUST finished saying the original 17 was never modified. Hell Fighter 17 is a copy. You do know that right?

Oh I get it, you're a shit-posting retard. Here's your last (you)

Yea it would've been nice if GT 17 actually said he trained

this is what they do

Reminder that this is the one true DB canon:

> Jaco the Galactic Patrolman Manga
> DB Manga
> Yo! Son Goku Returns! Special
> BoG Movie
> RoF Movie
> Champa Arc script
> Future Trunks Arc script
> Universe Survival Arc script

NOT canon:
> Movies other than BoG, RoF
> TV Specials and OVAs other than Yo! Son Goku Returns!
> Episode of Bardock
> Filler
> Any differences found between the Champa, Trunks, and U. Survival scripts (such as SSB Kaioken, Planet Potaufeu mini-arc, Mastered SSB, Trunks' healing)
> Entirety of DBGT
> DB Videogames (other than MAYBE DB Online)

Debatable:
> DB Online

Why isn't Vegeta training with Whis and Goku in his own damn Gravity Chamber?

The RoSaT again? Really?

>script
Not how canon works, we need a product.

At this point the best answer is either "only the original manga" or "dont think about it".

>all movies were created by the same person
>>only supers' are canon
lol, dont forget they already made bog and rof not canon, super anime is "canon" its really not

>tfw SSJ or Toranksu will never be this cool again
youtube.com/watch?v=G6FboEQRRsI

Stay mad.

How many of you would shit your bricks if FRIEZA was the one Cauli ended up with?

>Toranksu will never be this cool again

This isn't a fucking argument.

It is a bad thing

Very soon

Frieza wearing clothes is so odd looking.

Yeah it's a fact.

She is better than prime 18 if she had muscles...

Super Trunks is complete shit compared to Z Trunks.

this place feels like Sup Forums thanks

3巻のサンプルも届いたー
明後日2日発売ですm(_ _)m

こんなツラで本屋にあるかと。
表紙に小ネタちりばめてます

You really are a broken record with no real argument

L-lies!

>that middle right panel
Actual footage from the ToP.

>no real argument
>irony the post

it would make perfect sense

>you lived enough to see this

He looks better though

The scripts from the author is all we have.

Maybe one day they'll release it, but the only way right now to determine post-RoF canon are the similarities between the DBS anime and manga

I'd like to see more of her before deciding on that

The more things change the more they stay the same.

DICASTYYYYY

I'd say Universe 10 and 3 lose first, none of their characters feature in the opening at all. Universe 2 will probably go next if they have nobody other than Ribrianne because there is a heavy focus on the Battle Royale being a team fight.
>I have a strong hunch Universe 9 will hold on for quite a while because Basil and Bergamo feature quite prominently. If Smugpup is part of Universe 9 then they will be one of the last Universes remaining, otherwise they're fucked compared to the other Universes.
>It will most likely boil down to Universe 6, 7 and 11. The runners up being Universe 4 and 9, followed by 2, then 3 and 10 being last place.
I honestly don't think Universe 9 will be one of the first to go despite them being portrayed as a useless universe because their characters feature too prominently, pretty sure Lavender is going to be the first of the trio to be eliminated though. If anything U11 is probably going to be the ones to eliminate U9 but not before U3, U10 and U2 are eliminated.

Torankusu is always cool and handsome

>all movies were created by the same person
All that matters are the movies that Toriyama authored. Regardless of who wrote M1 - M13, none of them were Toriyama

Delet this. Freeza looks perfect the way he is.

>editing out Cabba's cuck face

Ignore the retard

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK DICASTY

kek

What are the chances「F」is going to play during this tournament?

In my head, I pictured after the tourney Frieza stays on Earth because he has no where to go but flies off promising to get his revenge soon.

Lands in a small podunk village, disgusted by humans. Said village is suddenly attacked by thugs, and Frieza kicks the shit out of them because they got in his face.

Village suddenly loves him and he feels admiration of the first time.

Cliched I know but it would fit Dragon Ball well.

>none of their characters feature in the opening at all
I disaggre, Freeza was also not featured in the opening. They might just hide things to surprise us.
U 10 is a interesting case, everyone expects them to be weak, and Toriyama likes to surprise the watchers.

I think U9 is going to be the first one eliminated, we already know their strongest fighters and they can be used to hype up one of the more unknown universes.

I'd be fine with the U6 saiyans being skinny if they weren't simplistic noodle people. Beerus and the othe GoDs look fine, but Cabba looks like shit.

Really that's the big problem, lack of detail. Hit's the same. Decent design, but he's almost all one single colour, has a simple outfit. Looks really bad compared to say Cell, Super Buu, Piccolo and all the other "muscular humanoid monster" type villains.

bog and rof are authored by him yet they are no longer canon, really makes pedros think

same chances of 10s playing when kale rekts people

renso was pretty buff wasn't he?

I wonder if he was toei's creation and not toriyama's

Canon is a concept for officially released products. A script we have no access to isnt a product. Canon isnt something we can determine, its stated by the creators for the products they make. Its based on what was released/gonna be released.

where does his son come in user ?

> BoG and RoF were authored by Toriyama
> There are people that actually believe someone elses' interpretation of those movies supercede the Author's own work

Really makes you think