Why did Nichijou flop again?

Why did Nichijou flop again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tōhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami
reddit.com/r/Nichijou/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it was garbage.

Nichijou was objectively not a flop as it has sold 7,020 copies of volume 1. It has become a long-term success for KyoAni and a cult classic over time.

A comedy anime is suppose to be funny you know.

Forced humor

>is suppose to be funny
>suppose
But Jamal, Nichijou is a funny comedy. A great series to be honest.

Painfully unfunny trite for ADHD kids. It's literally a series of "LOOK AT THIS ARE WE FUNNY YET XDD" for 26 fucking episodes

Dane Cook style humor

Absurdist humor is the ultimate pleb filter.

Because otaku have no taste, especially KyoAnifags.

contrarians

I don't know. I fucking loved it.

How can someone not find this funny? The exaggeration, the randomness, the vanilla, the top note, the cream

That's a 10

Fucking normalfags and their shit humour, I swear

Go back where you come from.

>Jamal
But only niggers and spics likes Nichijou, it's a scientific fact.

>But only niggers and spics likes
Your third world is showing.

back to r/anime you pleb

Enlighten me oh aryan overlord.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tōhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami

If you're the sort of person who gets bothered by not understanding every little detail of a work, you're going to have a bad time with Nichijou. It occasionally approaches Joycean levels of memetic fuckery.

*reddit.com/r/Nichijou/

oh wow this thread again

So that's where these recent threads came from. Fitting that ADD redditards like this so much.

It's a comedy that's largely not funny but to be fair one of the prettiest shows ever.

Americans have already perfected animated comedy.

It looks good and is comfy but not actually funny.

I'm not going to hate you for liking the show but saying this is a comical masterpiece is just plain stupid.

>comfy
>this meme word again

It wasn't gay enough

Only about 1/4 jokes actually land, the rest is just bad or too Lolrandumb xd

That being said I still go back and watch the dog biting scene every now and again, that shit is fantastic.

>The exaggeration, the randomness
Whats it called when the animation is exaggarated and random?

But it was

forced animation

Sup Forums plebs can't appreciate absurd childlike humour because they're teenagers who need to act like they're mature
(They're not)

>Sup Forums

it was fucking boring lolrandumXD shit

As I recall it was initially released at more expensive than normal for no particular reason and then recovered later after nobody cared to check anymore because the price dropped to 'reasonable' levels.

Checkmate

Is this bait or are you actually retarded?

This is the quality of posts by nichishitters.

Look at this faggot..

>Mio running away from the truth

Carnival Phantasm is better in every way.

I enjoyed it, but I will agree that a lot of the little side gags fail, and it tries too hard in general.

Scenes like the elevator sketch make it worth a watch though.

Because nips are retarded mongoloids and will rather watch love live

They blew too much money on the anime for no good reason. Now Sup Forums is pretending to hate it because it's popular.

>I'm apparently the only person on Sup Forums who thought Nichijou was funny

Well, how about that?

You are not alone.

I think it's the perfect blend between absurdist surreal humour and grounded, everyday humour. It takes the ordinary and inflates it to extraordinary levels and much of the comedy comes from how it subverts your expectations. The fact that it nails and relies on visual humour also means that it escapes the trappings of typical Japanese humour by avoiding excessive puns and other stuff that gets lost in translation.

The VAs for Yuuko and Mio also go a long way to making it hilarious for me with their performances. Yuuko's VA, especially, is phenomenal.

Unfunny absurdism

But it might have been funnier if you're a native Jap.

You should realize that most people are just pulling your leg about hating Nichijou

Good to know Sup Forums aren't quickly bedazzled by something whose value only and purely lay in the amount of random animation it has.

Pic related.
>it was made into a picture, so it's correct!
Of course not. It's just very hit and miss, and haters are more vocal as always.

Imagine taking yourself and your meaningless existence so seriously that you're literally incapable of enjoying absurdist comedy

Because it's just another school moeshit anime.

>forced animation

This meme needs to end.

Yes. It's nice knowing that Sup Forums's tastes aren't nearly that shallow and predictable.

OH SHIT CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE THINGS BUT THIS TIME THEY'RE DRAGONS I WANT TO FUCK THE LOLI

Leave Kanna alone you pedo.

Yes we get it, your taste is superior to everyone else's.

Tryhard.

>implying

Why does Sup Forums take everything so seriously? How can you people act so highbrow while watching endless chinese cartoons about girls falling over and showing their panties to their eunuch brothers?

>lol I enjoy watching shitty anime, you're just a faggot for not enjoying it for what it is

Imagine being so mindless, that each and every funny scene has to be pointed so, very obnoxiously.

Reread The Stranger.

>has to be pointed so, very obnoxiously.
Pardon?

>haha my subjective opinion is fact just because

He was trying to sound smarter than us, leave him alone.

>subjective

Yeah, we know that only good anime sells well.

Why are nichishitters so defensive? Is it that they waste time on something so awful that they're compelled to believe out loud that it's a worthy experience?

Literally just like the show itself.
>HAHA LOOK AT THIS SCENE SO FUNNY
>HAHA THIS SHOW SO GREAT

Stop bumping this shitty bait thread.

Meanwhile, nichifags namedrop buzzwords to defend their obsession more often.

>tries to act like some sort of aanime connoisseur and imply that Sup Forums isn't easily charmed by shallow pretenses and worthless crap
>gets it pointed out to him that Sup Forums's favourite anime is crammed with shallow pretenses and worthless crap
>"w-well that's just, like, your opinion, man, don't bully me, that's my waifu, lalalalala"

You people are ridiculous.

Yes you're the only one here with impeccable taste, we get it.

Well, thanks, user!

I don't even care that you don't like what I like, I just think it's hilarious that you've deluded yourself into thinking your moeshit is somehow better than the other moeshit because it's the one you like.

Seriously, when did Sup Forums get so up its own ass about the idea that any of what they're taking in is high art?

Why do you keep making this about my taste being better than yours when it's about you being a hypocrite?

It didn't. I hate it when the OP starts with lies.

Didn't it have a really shitty marketing campaign or something? Isn't that meant to be the only realistic non-autistic reason?

>namedrop buzzwords to defend their obsession more often.
brother what are you on about

>moeshit
Of course, nichishitters are Sup Forumsermins afterall.

I forgot that I was dealing with literal autistic manchildren incapable of having a sensible debate without getting emotionally unbalanced because someone dissed their waifu.

I'm sorry, please go about your business.

nichishitters are so sensitive.

Elaborate

Go back to Sup Forums

Well, you claimed that Sup Forums isn't easily bedazzled by Nichijou being a shallow production which relies solely on forced animation. I pointed out that everyone on Sup Forums loves Dragon Maid which is equally as shallow, relying only on waifus and dragonloli.

Then you immediately took offense and started insinuating that I thought I was better than you.

>everyone on Sup Forums loves Dragon Maid
Stopped reading there.

>you claimed

Sorry pal, just got to this shitty thread.

Just so you know, Sup Forums isn't one person.

They're both gutter trash. Nichijou more so, since all that effort is wasted on something extremely forgettable.

I liked Dragon Maid because it was pretty moving at times, not because of the reasons you claimed. You just pulled that shit out if your assist.

>extremely forgettable

Yet you're still going on about it to this day..

It's too good for this gay ass world

Who cares? Most anime only gets one season or so. At least Nichijou has a season of good, rewatchable shit.

No one gives a shit about anime here, we care about arguing and being right

>Oh boy it's another Why Did Nichijou Flop Thread

It's redddit trash for numale weabs

How many buzzwords can you fit in a single post?

Forced animation

Go to an Eromanga thread and you'll see.

Ero is trash

>Sup Forums loves Dragon Maid
Get back to wherever shithole you came from.

But it's pretty known. And if you mean about the sales who cares, 90% of the good selling shows are complete shit.