You might like Megumin more than Aqua, and that is perfectly fine. That is just your taste

You might like Megumin more than Aqua, and that is perfectly fine. That is just your taste.
However, if you claim Megumin or even Lalatina is best girl, then you are objectively wrong.
To be best girl, is not just about looks. And all the Konosuba girls are top tier in terms of looks, so it is just about personal taste. So I will leave that out of the equation.
To be best girl, you need something more. And now I will demonstrate how Aqua is objectively best girl.

>Megumin
+ In her prime age
+ Powerfull explotions
- Limited use of her magic
- A burden on the group after casting a single spell

>Darkness
+ Can tank just about anything
+ Gives you connection to her powerful family
+Her name is Lalatina
+ Will let you use her body as you please
- Will let anyone use her body as they please
- Can't hit anything
- Will purposfully put herself, and by extension your group in danger

>Aqua
+ A literal Goddess
+ Powerfull destructive spells like flood
+ Powerfull holy magic against undead
+ Can ressurrect you if you die
+ Can summon water to keep you cool and hydrated
+ Nopan keeps her nether regions fresh and ventilated
+ Being a goddess she will likely never age
+ Doesn't need to pad her chest
- Her slightly below intelligence can put the group in bad situations
- Will laugh at you penis if it isn't up to par

Clearly, Aqua is the best girl by a huge margin.
And Lalatina is arguably better than Megumin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z_3CX5WMVzw
youtube.com/watch?v=GqyoK6DnJAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You forgot Aqua's non-existent luck. She became the goddess of debt for a reason.

>implying best girl is defined by strength
aqua is not best girl, unless you're a masochist who has a thing for kamideres (minus the dere)
Megumin has the best personality, and I prefer darkness from a subjective point of view, but there's no point in denying that megumeme is the best of the bunch in terms of her kindness.
(you also completely forgot to mention how megumin is the only character of the three that cares the most about kazuma.

Personality is not something that can easily be labled as objectively. I for one think Megumins personality can be a bit to annoying. Aqua is more like a male friend. Lalatina would be perfect if her submissiveness and sexuality was only aimed at one person, instead of everyone and their horse.

You can argue Aqua till you're blue in the face, but Yunyun is infinitely superior.

Animeonlies needn't give their opinions. Aqua isn't half the character Megumin is in the LN.

i suppose you're right.
i guess what i'm trying to say is that i think megumin's personality appeals to the greatest number of people.
nothing wrong with liking aqua, but she is kind of a bitch.

You're judging solely on quantity and not quality. The "bad situations" Aqua can put you in can just about ruin your entire life and the life of others. By actual satisfaction, Darkness is the best girl based on her perks.

Megumin
>Extensive backstory
>Character goals
>Multi-layered personality
>Evolves over the course of the story

That's why she's best girl.

This. The LNs flesh out Megumin to be the best girl.

megumin is the most boring character.

I disagree.

because the author and editor are milking megumeme, if aqua or darkness would also get 4-5 extra novels like her than you probably wouldn't say that

>with one spell took care of 3 giant frogs (not even aqua could do anything against them)
>doesn't have friends (purest)
>perfect body (not plane not saggy like aqua's or excessive like darkness)
name one bad thing about her, i'll wait

There's no way to make Aqua an interesting character. She has no backstory whatsoever, she can't have motivations because being lazy is her trademark and she will never change much either.
Lalatina got the spotlight several times, especially in volume 7, and instead of becoming a better character, she changed into the most boring Konosuba.

Now stop being an apologist.

im gonna fold yunyun like a pretzel and then _____________________________

>author and editor milking Megumin
The author had every character's past in mind since the beginning and Megumin is the only one that turned out like that. Not because they milked her, mind you, but because she was inherently good.

>Aqua
>best girl

>OP lists a bunch of vapid reasons why Aqua is better than the others
>suddenly disappears when actual arguments are brought to the table
And this is why people laugh at Konosuba fans.

>needing to feel validated so hard that you'll make awful threads like this one
It's fine to like Aqua, but please don't shove your shit taste in my face and present it as the truth.

I made a Megumin!

>Will let anyone use her body as they please
>con

cmon son

>There's no way to make Aqua an interesting character
She's already interesting, her personality easily has the most range out of the cast

>she can't have motivations
Everyone in the party has their own motivation for taking down the Demon King, especially Aqua as she can't return home until he's defeated.

Her laziness is just a fraction of her personality, it doesn't completely define her.

I like!

No, Megumin and Kazuma are the only characters with true multi-layered personalities. Aqua has a wide range of potential reactions(she's not very predictable), but that has nothing to do with her actual personality.
>Aqua as she can't return home until he's defeated
She gave up on that.

And even if everyone in the party had a motivation, nothing comes close to Megumin's grandiose goal considering the things she sacrificed for it.

Thanks!

>this post
God, waifu faggots are fucking pathetic
I am physically cringing from this shit

Aqua-sama is the most real character of the series, her personality feels like the one a real girl could have.
If ya don't think so, ya should go out with a girl someday and then come back.

What a time to be alive Darkness isn't worst girl

Yup, Aqua is.

>Megumin and Kazuma are the only characters with true multi-layered personalities
Can you elaborate on this?
And how does Aqua's varied behavior not correspond with her personality?

They're not one-dimensional, they're more than they let on. The novels do a great job at showing that.
>And how does Aqua's varied behavior not correspond with her personality?
Because having a wide range of emotions has nothing to do with personality. Any character can have that.

leave it to the aqua discord to make the worst fucking threads

>Because having a wide range of emotions has nothing to do with personality
That's not what I'm talking about here, it's her range of interests and occasionally conflicting ideals, like when she had to choose between saving her loving followers or succumbing to her inherent cowardice, or her desire to return home vs. how much she enjoys adventuring with the party
She's not one-dimensional at all

Sounds like a fair point, but I feel that she's never really had to do that. She didn't hesitate to protect her followers, and she hasn't had to make the decision to return home, at least yet. She's never been conflicted.

I feel like Darkness is the only "bad" character of the main trio, boring and very 1-dimensional. I'm a huge Megufag but I'd rather he improve Darkness than rely on Megu whenever he wants to do even a modicum of storytelling.

Well, looks like the next volume is heading in that direction. Hope it won't be disappointing like volume 7.

Aqua's thoughts and perspective are rarely given so it's hard to make her internal conflicts obvious, but it's pretty clear that she's a coward at heart and saving her followers went against it
Her having to choose between the party and heaven is likely going to be more important in the later volumes when they actually face off against the demon king.

I agree.
Plain and generic also.

Cute!

Then I can agree that Aqua isn't one-dimensional. That doesn't make the OP any less vapid and wrong.

I wasn't arguing in favor of the OP, just that Aqua's an "interesting" character

I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion.

>aqua is not best girl, unless you're a masochist who has a thing for kamideres (minus the dere)
Y-yeah, who would be interested in that?

The only positive about the blue cunt is that she exists as prime bully material that needs to be constantly mocked, ridiculed, and insulted until she cries.

You forgot to put
>-Whiny bitch
>-Bad luck charm
Under Aqua

Iris-sama is best girl you plebian.

Shota fuckers pls go and stay go.

Which one is for masochists such as myself? Is Wiz?

>literally can't stop thinking about her
>mind often wanders into lewd territory
>get a raging stiffy

Not bad in military fatigues, but god help me if I'm at the gym (easy to see, hard to hide) or in public (hurts under my jeans).

Aqua and Kazuma have the only decent dynamic in the show. Everyone else feels one-note, hardly substantial enough to be worth being main characters; their interactions get old quickly.

That's why so many people are hooked on Megumin x Kazuma.
Even Japs.

best girl

...or maybe??

The majority has shit taste.

Hah, yes. The rest of the fanbase is wrong and you're right.
Just face it. Be it on 2ch or anywhere else, no one ever talks about Aqua's dynamic with Kazuma because it's so one-note, and that would be the case here too if not for your rabid pushing of that meme.

Some of the Jap's most popular series include SAO and Yuri on Ice
Appealing to the majority is not a good foundation for argument

Aqua is by far the best and has the best chemistry with Kazuma, anyone who thinks otherwise are lying to themselves.

I'm not appealing to the majority. I'm reminding you that you're not above the majority that doesn't care about your meme and you don't get to present your opinion as a fact.

Aqua is a poorly written character compared to Megumin, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't read the light novel.

>tfw I will have this game in september

What is this? It's not the VN

Jokes on you I've read the light novel and it only reinforced my beliefs!

>Muh rigged novel
Nig pls, this isn't an argument anymore.
The spin offs were basically created to appeal meguminfags, the funny thing is the more they increase the more people is turning into Aqua or Darkness fags.

It's the bonus shooting game for buying the konoVN.
youtu.be/Z_3CX5WMVzw

>rigged light novel
The author had the characters in mind since before the LN started. Megumin has always been inherently better than Aqua, your excuses won't change that fact.
>increase the more people is turning into Aqua or Darkness fags
Not outside of your fantasy. But by all means, please let me know when Megumin doesn't win a popularity poll by more than twice the votes.

I think i remember reading a chapter about kazuma going back to japan with the squad, anyone care to tell me what volume that was?

Just how loose is Aqua?

Manga, not LN.

Chapter 18 of the manga, will be adapted in the next drama CD

holy fuck just how autistic are you
none of the points you listed make for a good analysis of the characters, they'd only be valid to someone who self-inserts into kazuma
how did you manage to type this trash and be satisfied with yourself afterwards; enough to click "post"?

>muh popularity poll
This is just how a meme works, kid.
Just wait two seasons and no one will remember her outside your circle jerking.
Even today you need to struggle (samefag) for about 40 hours to -complete- your autistic megu thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=GqyoK6DnJAI

She's quick to anger

>There's no way to make Aqua an interesting character.
Bitch please, I can think of a fuckton of ideas about generic backstories that could turn her in a better character... and If I can, nips can.
>She has no backstory whatsoever,
BECAUSE, how I said the author/editor doesn't want it.

She can't carry children.

Daily reminder that the Kazumabowl is already won.

Aqua is fine for a friends with benefits deal, but she's too fucking annoying to actually get with. Darkness is the perfect sub, but she's kind of a pill outside of that. She might go down easy, but she'll nag you and then get off on it when you ignore her. Megumin is cute and intellectually stimulating, and she'll blush if you tell her she's pretty.

Honestly Kazuma could nab all three if he spun it right.

You're incredible.
Good job!

The last one at least is photo-shopped.
I should know, I checked hoping it was real.

>Lady Eris
rrreeeeeEEEEEEEEE

>As if like the baby has rejected your body
Isn't it the other way around?

Aqua's the best. Seriously one of the best waifus to come in a looooong time.

I think only pedos go for Megumin.

No because, in that case, YunYun is always alone, always on her own, and having the baby reject her, will only cause her more suffering than her rejecting her baby.

Good thread.

darkness>

I'm not a masochist
I just want to bully Aqua because her screams makes me hard

What does Aqua's shit smell like?

>Megumin
Intelligent
>Aqua
Stupid

That's all you really need to know.

>Only uses a single spell because MUH MEMORIES OF A PEDOPHILE THAT SAVE MY LIFE EXPLODING IN MY FACE
>Intelligent

goddess doesn't shit

How about Eris. Kazuma asked her to marry him once.

Just finished season 2 wtf am I supposed to do with my life

Light Novels