Rurouni Kenshin

Just started this. When does the show actually get a sense of direction for it's plot? So far it's been a CW villain of the week fanfare

Read the Manga, specifically the kyoto arc

>people complaining about villain of the week

There's less of these shows now, esp. in manga, not to mention it's comfy when done pretty well. Most of the character build-up in RK is actually pre-Kyoto.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

just don't watch past Kyoto

Episodes 28-62 (Kyoto Arc)

Kyoto Arc is amazing user, top shounen right here. After it, everything is filler, so read the manga.

Episodes 11-18, 22, 25-27 are also filler. Skip it.

Just read the manga your fucking casual.

When Saitou shows up.

Also, read the manga after Kyoto. Don't ask questions, just do it.

When Saitou appears.

That's basically the first season, though several of the characters return later on. End of the first season and then the second season is when the anime gets good.

READ THE MANGA
R E A D
E
A
D

T H E
H
E

M A N G A
A
N
G
A

READ THE FUCKING MANGA

I always had trouble getting into Kenshin. I don't know anything about the time period. Is it necessary I understand the time period?

>read the manga
Don't listen to these people

Only read the manga after the Kyoto arc since it's the canon conclusion to the story.

You should put off reading it for as long as you can though. The writing is just tedious to read. If you think it's bad when characters shout the names of their moves as they're doing them, it's 10x worse in the Kenshin manga since every move name is long as fuck and takes up an entire page. The fights are just tedious and way better done in the anime.

Basically Japan had a revolution and Rurouni Kenshin uses it as the setting with Kenshin being a fictional character who was a key samurai/assassin during that period, and the main story is about his life during the 'peaceful' times that followed.

It's the time peroid between Japan becoming Westerenized and some still wanting to retain their Samurai and Bushido way.

Thank you guys!

Kenshin really needed the Kai treatment.

But I'm hardly one to judge. As much as I hated the filler, I was one of those retards suckered for Hiko "Plot Railroader" Seijuro and his Char voice.

>episodes after the Kyoto arc

Why did it go to shit all of a sudden?

The manga wasn't finished so they wrote an original ending

Just watch the OVAs

This. They'll rip your heart out. Trust & Betrayal are still considered the best ovas ever made.

Also the 3 live action movies are easily the best anime to film adaptations ever made. Literally.

Not even fanboying. They make the anime look mediocre.

>so strong he would've beaten Shishiou in seconds

This is why I love the fact he never ever jumps in at any point.

DEEN took over

I read 5 volumes of the manga and it's still episodic. I'll keep reading but I'm slowly losing my patience

Imagine Hiko getting fed up with the bullshit
He would slaughter Juppongatana in 10 minutes
Kick down Shishio's door
Bust a cap in his ass and still get back home for warm sake

Isn't there a new manga about some kid who picks up Shishiou's sword?

Kenshin needs the HxH treatment

Jiinchuu needs to be animated. That's it. The TV series was actually really good for the most part.

Any news about the new Hokkaido arc manga? I've been waiting my ass off for too long now

Don't watch Reflections, it's shit.

I think everyone who's been told that watching it anyway after watching the first OVA

Actually, episodes 11 e 12 aren't filler. It's 13-18, 22, 25-27 and everything after Shishio.

Tokyo Arc: manga >>> anime
Kyoto Arc: anime >>> manga
Jinchū Arc: manga only

Bump

Just downloaded the first volume & first 10 episodes. Which is paced better?