Irrational Faith

What do you heathens think about religion and "god(s)" in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rzlT-vw60tM
historyanswers.co.uk/people-politics/the-tale-of-stalins-humanzee/
fourmilab.ch/rpkp/strange.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China
esa.int/Our_Activities/Observing_the_Earth/Swarm/Earth_s_magnetic_heartbeat
foxnews.com/world/2017/02/28/china-ramps-up-persecution-christians-and-other-religious-groups-report-finds.html
www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2017/september/china-ramps-up-christian-persecution-after-two-missionaries-are-murdered
express.co.uk/news/world/814645/china-church-religion-crackdown-shuangmiao-henan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bottom left is strawman

if you believe in something you cant reach with your senses, you are schizophrenic in the most basic sense of the term: split-minded. it's never really a problem until the insane person starts to treat on their own toes and hold themselves back out of fear for the "repercussions" in their imagination world.

Did I hurt your feewings? It's a fucking comic you snowflake, besides most of those have grains of truth in them including what you think of as a "strawman" you brainlet.

>Rational Inquiry.

Atheism is simply not believing in god. It can be from rational inquiry, rational inquiry, or no inquiry at all.

These people who praise themselves for being atheist are no thing special and should take no pride in not believing in anything.

I think that the best criticisms of theology usually come from inside the Church, written by very intelligent people who spend their entire professional life pondering the mysteries of their faith.

Random atheists who spout off about shit like "BUT IF THERE'S GOD WHY'S THERE EVIL" in YouTube comments as if it's some Earth-shattering concept and not something that actual theologians have been grappling with for literal millennia and have produced thousands and thousands of pages of discourse on that anyone interested in a genuine answer - or even discussion - of that question would have started with, annoy me.

In short, people who ignore the 2 millennia of scholarship behind Christianity in favour of pithy one liners deserve the rope for sheer wilful ignorance.

I'm not even religious.

aww did that guy hurt your feelings?

Theology can get insanely deep once you enter the discussions on evil. A huge part of our modern morals can be traced back to those old theologists pondering the nature of evil.

Why is it always Christianity?
Yeah sure Christians have been responsible for some pretty awful shit, but it grew as a religion and provided a standard code of living and morals for the vast majority of what we consider the first world.

Meanwhile what the fuck has Islam done?
Judaism?
Any African faith? Even the ones that adapted forms of Christianity?
Buddhism?

Honest answer in a slide thread? It pains me to no end that I see no other way to save the west other than through return to the white-modified version of a bronze age desert death cult. IF ONLY there was any other way. At this point it's that or Islam. Why is it always lesser of two evils. Life is suffering.

got any good ones i can look for?

I can't believe what I'm seeing, so Sup Forums is actually a christian board? I actually just got a good kek out of that, y'all are retarded.

Atheism is le future guys!

God is hue hue hue

Tip our fedoras hue

Why do yiu still believe in god?

The world would be a lot vetter if all religion (exceot for islam for some reason) died out

Its 2012 guys!

Listen to my top tier intelectual music!

youtu.be/rzlT-vw60tM

I don't know if it is a "Christian Board" but many of us here hold the values taught in Christianity very strongly.

Like this guy said , how many other religions have developed the same moral ethics needed for developing a civilized society. You could argue that maybe Judaism and Buddhism but thats a bit of a stretch.

Well, I mean, the argument was "god made niggers as pretty smart animals so they could be our slaves". Basically the same way Jews think of the goys.

That said, they seem to have forgotten that most of the slave capture was done by nigger tribes who sold rival tribesmen captives off, whitey mostly just packaged and shipped them for consumer use.

>Well, I mean, the argument was "god made niggers as pretty smart animals so they could be our slaves". Basically the same way Jews think of the goys.
Actually the argument was more along the lines of "slavery is just so god damn profitable I keep forgetting not to do it."

The religious argument was a post-hoc rationale to justify something they were going to do anyway. The non-religious justified it differently, they didn't not do it.

So what you're saying is 80% of them are bang on.

the inquisition has been severely misrepresented through the years

I'm pretty sure western philosophy/morals began way before Christianity in the time of the Greeks/Romans.

And the chinese were basically the most advanced till the Europeans figured out guns because they're so moral at killing each other.

I think there has never been a greater tool to keep peasants from rocking the boat too much than the promise of an everlasting life of happiness after this one.

I also think there has never been a more effective force of social goodwill - nor a more destructive force of social unbalance than organized religion (and you just know it was the Jews behind it all if there is one thing that simultaneously mollifies the rabble while also appealing to their ego and making them feel superior to those who do not believe as they do)

Ultimately it's a form of control. It's a lot easier to get people to donate a certain way, or vote a certain way, or behave a certain way, if they believe that the reward for doing so is an eternal life of fulfillment and the punishment for not doing so is an eternity of suffering

>Why is it always Christianity?
Because it's the biggest, and it takes up a massive percentage of the more developed countries. It's easier to talk about the religion that's practiced by your neighbors than one that's practiced on the other side of the world in a country that nobody bothers to remember the name of.

And what about the actual atrocities committed by atheists?

Stalin, Mao, etc. did nothing wrong?

>white-modified version of a bronze age desert death cult

of all the things to fucking culturally appropriate smdh

commies practice holodomor denial, ironically.

>praise richard dawkins

made me chuckle

Crimes committed by atheists =/= crimes committed in the name of atheism.

is this image trying to imply that atheists arent guilty of any of the crimes they attack religion for committing?

yes, but just grains

As long as Tards actually think they're going to go to sky paradise they'll do anything if they think it will get them there.

Better grains than made up fantasies in a book.

thats great and all but it doesnt absolve atheists of their own atrocities theyve committed

Are you implying that there are not grains of truth in the bible? There are boulders, and if you disagree then you have not read the sermon on the mount, dude. Seriously. I am on your side, but you have got to use empathy to understand where people are coming from. It is an incredibly beautiful and monumental story.

Where should we get our morals from? Some philosopher? Some leader? How well do our current laws prevent murder and theft? Not well. The cultural method of curing societal problems is called religion.

The Crusades were a logical response to Europe being invaded by the fucking Jihadis, idiot.

Well Greek, Roman, and Egyptian paganism gave us philosophy, theology, mathematics, chemistry, physics, astronomy, pretty spectacular architecture, and quite a few other things.

Christianity was created by the Jews to pacify the Romans. Most if not all religions are just made up psychological bullshit to help our feeble minds explain the world we experience before we can confirm it with experimentation.

The human race is currently in the process of waking up. pol likes to lament the increasing atheism in the world by millenials as pushed by the jews, but they have it backwards.

Atheism is just the most truthful, default position there is. The smart jews just got there first. Unfortunately, the smart jews control the media and are pushing their white genocide bullshit alongside atheism, but atheism will largely move along and in increasing numbers as more and more people first arrive at atheism through the richard dawkins and lawrence krauss pop culture atheism, then begin to reconstruct it not with religion but with something else. Currently a lot of people are searching for what to replace it with, and they've done so with politics. The bernie bros and #imwithher enthusiasm are evidence of this. This support is largely in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary (just like religion). These people with their rabid fervor are only searching for a new dogma to stick to. In the past, the thing that kept people going each day was religion. When the zeitgeist woke up, and realized religion was bullshit, it desperately sought the closest thing to fill the gap. Obama was the first manifestation of it, egged on by jews. That fervor has continued with the sjw liberal freakout.

People do seem to be waking up. Maybe. idk. I hope they do.

tl;dr There will always be normies, because some people will always have more access to information than others.

0.7% of incarcerated people are atheists/nonreligious, so lack of religion doesn't seem to be the problem in keeping people in line.

Who needs to be absolved when those were obvious grabs for power with people who happened to have leaders who were atheist

> Have faith they said
> Eat shit they said

>*weeps*

Yea you're sorta completely wrong there, the crusades were started because of the eastern romans asking for help but yanno whatever.

Mankind has never really gotten rid of its reliance on forced labor. Sure, people made chattel slavery obsolete with mechanics and robotics but the word robot means slave in Czechoslovakian. No matter the time period someone or something will have to carry others burdens.

>completely avoidant response
>that is clearly a racial issue and not religious
you will never know if you never read the bible.
but i suppose it is better to live in ignorance
to enjoy your pets and soap operas
and never explore your spirituality

I'm really not seeing how the Byzantine Empire asking for help against the invading Seljuq Turks, who were muslim jihadis, disproves my point.

It only took a little bit of opium to fuck Chinese civilization and even before that they were still backwards spoon faces. I don’t even know the exact amount of dark ages they had from their shitty imperial systems set up by divine mandate.

Also the Roman underclass chose to dumb themselves down with Christianity because the Roman Empire was rotting.

The old testament was enough for me, go off with your book of witchcraft and fantasy.

>Not seeing why the Crusaders wouldn't have been there if the East Romans didn't ask for help
Wow I see why people make fun of Sup Forums now

>Who needs to be absolved when those were obvious grabs for power with people who happened to have leaders who were atheist
so youre saying not all atheists are responsible for the bad apples out there. can say the same thing about people of faith. you seem to want to blame religion for all the worlds evils yet the fact is atheists have committed far more atrocities in history than any religious zealots could ever hope to.

>bottom right
in the 60s and 70s, there were literal pedophile marxist communities in germany who did read nietzsche and "cuddle"
burger progressive ignorance is so colossal it makes it hard to follow their attempts at sarcasm

Crusaders are Christians. Muslims invaded Christian clay. Christians killed Muslims and kicked them out. How is this hard to understand, were you dropped as a child?

Besides those two situations when have you seen the common atheist running amok screaming to kill anyone? Religion brings the potential excuse for backwards thinking.

Stalin made a fuck up experiment involving people trying to make human/chimp babies to disprove creationism. historyanswers.co.uk/people-politics/the-tale-of-stalins-humanzee/

Atheists are just as fucked up when they gain total authority. It’s not the institutions that are the problem it’s the people running them.

well, it shows.
if you ever want to really have this discussion on the adult level, you are going to have to carefully study the new testament. i know that you will enjoy picking apart all the things you don't like. plus, you gain insight into a document has influenced almost every niche of western culture.

The mudslimes invaded Eastern territory that wasn't primarily christian NOR european to begin with. Another poltard not using his brain

I'm certain the Romans/Greeks and works based off their philosophies/discoveries are more integral to western culture than your book.

pagans r fags

....right. Because Anatolia where most of the Pauline churches were, wasn't Christian. You're hilarious.

Imo all semitic religions are retarded bullshit, the others are mostly some kind of esoterism and ok with me but i don't believe anyone should take them seriously.

Nonetheless, religion is useful if not necessary for the existence of a working society.
Still i believe everything good about Christianity came from european paganism and everything bad comes from the fact that it is semitic ramblings from the start.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to slide from Christianity into something more in line with the european spirit.

Religion is the soul of a people, Europeans have been lost for two thousand years because they lost their soul to the jewish poison.

Areligious idead killed more than religious ones. without judeo-christian ideals europe would have warred itsself to death

>inb4 they did tho

you arent looking low enough protestants and christians didnt have a major conflict after 1648 little more than 100 years after the reformation. totally amoral ideas like communism lead to much more suffering and tyranny then religous zeal.

not to worry tho i used to be an edgy atheist until i learned history

>Besides those two situations when have you seen the common atheist running amok screaming to kill anyone?
mao single handedly has killed more people than any religion. he killed more than stalin and hitler combined. and when you add em all together you get quite the doozy of atheist mass murder.
>Religion brings the potential excuse for backwards thinking.
backwards thinking in what way exactly? the way i see it religion brings consequence to actions by the judgement of a higher power to keep people in line. when you fear no higher power to mete out consequence you open the door to commit greater atrocities than any religious individual would as history itself has already proven.

Now this I back 100%. If it wasn't for Origen aligning Christianity with the Platonic triple reality, Christianity wouldn't have been taken seriously in the debate circles in the first place.

And they specifically target Religious people, temples, and figureheads because....?

Except you wouldn't know, because you have not read any of it. We cannot have this discussion due to your ignorance. Maybe try reading books and not starting threads on Sup Forums.

No greek or roman lays down 'God's Law' like Moses or Jesus.

All religions come from the same drugged and deranged minds. There is more to human sentience than an uncomparable ability to adapt to any environment, all our minds are connected through a collective conscience that can provide unlimited knowledge to anyone who can access it. Think of Dimitri Mendeleev who spontaneously created the periodic from a dream he had.

so the 100 years war didn't happen? nor every other european war in the middle ages that isn't worth writing home about.
So your imaginary god brings people in line when he obviously doesn't? The most atheist countries right now have some of the lowest crime rates on the planet, with the majority of the crimes being related to mudslime immigrants.

I used to be a practicing Catholic(sickening I know) and am familiar with the majority of the fairy tale fables in the bible. What's so amazing about it? most childrens stories get to the point about being a good person faster than the bible.

There is a logical argument for god:
>Shit moves therefore something outside the shit started it moving.

There is no logical argument for Satan.

There is no way to know what god wants (e.g., worship) or his morphology. Anyone who claims knowledge of these things (I'm talking to you, (((Paul))), (((Moses))), etc. is talking out of his ass.

I get the feeling that you do not see the true beauty in any work of art. Perhaps you should try something a bit more simple like a kids story.

Love your post, I agree comletely

What "beauty" is there that some random sandnigger with half a vocabulary can't just come up with on his own?

>all our minds are connected through a collective conscience that can provide unlimited knowledge to anyone who can access it
Oh, so you believe something equally if not more insane than the bible?

Surely this post is trolling

I believe we are similar to ants, pretty fucking autistic alone but together we can do better things. like a super intelligence sorta. BUUUUUT I was sorta sleepy when I saw that unlimited knowledge part so yea I don't agree with that :P

Being raised catholic was your problem. The first Roman church was what created Catholicism and it was meant to be used as a tool for subjugating commoners willingly into a feudal society. Most parts of the New Testament were basically classical liberalism in a time when burning virgins to make it rain was thought to be logical.

We are connected through our technology, information these days moves at the speed of however fast it appears on others screens. If you'd rather cling to your books than to try to get with the program then don't hold progress back.

meh I honestly think that's what all churches were made for

sounds like something a woman would believe
i rest my case

If that's all you have left then go ahead and be retarded. It's like 3am where I am and I'm still on Sup Forums talking with y'all cause I guess I'm as much of a brainlet as the rest of you(in a different type of retarded way)

>So your imaginary god brings people in line when he obviously doesn't?
he isnt imaginary and yes if you follow him closely he will bring you in line. unless youre muslim of course.
>The most atheist countries right now have some of the lowest crime rates on the planet, with the majority of the crimes being related to mudslime immigrants.
while i agree that muslims are pure scum and their faith is solely an ideology born of hatred, the amount of deaths incurred by religious zealots still pales in comparison to the mass murders committed by atheists.

How do you know he's not imaginary? literally any proof that there exists a god?

Wow you guys have literally no other arguement other "stalin and mao killed people" they obviously werent doing it in the name of atheism, meanwhile christians have done shit in the name of christianity plenty of times.

Its something to think about. The human brain is a complex machine that is capable of a lot of freaky shit most people can’t even comprehend. Look at the shoalin monks who are able to control their body heat and make sweat boil off of their skin or the Tibetan monks who set themselves on fire during Chinese occupation and didn’t even look like they felt any pain. There’s even been some interesting studies on psychkinesis(turbotism) from places like M.I.T and other institutions fourmilab.ch/rpkp/strange.html

I think the current religious oppression over in China where you are actually jailed or killed for practicing anything other than the State religion counts as "in the name of atheism."

Check out the book Mental Radio by Upton Sinclair from the 1930's. Good read on telepathy/farviewing.

0/10 you sound like you're literally shaking from all the snowflake projection

You are literally lying right now, there are christians, muslims and PLENTY of buddhists living in china without being persecuted. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China

0/10 only a snowflake would feel so special about himself that he makes up a god to justify his own existence.

>Buddhism?
Is a non theistic form of faith. Think of it like a scholastic school with mysticism thrown in.

Haha yeah there was never an atheist nation with tens of millions of dead people.

>trusting commie propaganda EVER
What is wrong with you dude?

>How do you know he's not imaginary? literally any proof that there exists a god?
plenty of proof all around you that God exists but thats a whole nother can of worms i dont really wanna open
>Wow you guys have literally no other arguement other "stalin and mao killed people"
well they did kill roughly 80 mil people which is such a fucking astronomically high number that it really overshadows all the murders committed by religion throughout history but okay. also we can drop bolshevism into the equation which adds roughly another 60 mil deaths. pls show me any numbers of religious mass murder even close to the amounts were dealing with here.
>they obviously werent doing it in the name of atheism
i dont see why that matters or what difference it actually makes in your mind. atheism leads them to create their own personal ideologies that cause them to commit such inconceivable amounts of mass murder that christians could never hope to hold a candle to such a ridiculous body count

I think those cave Jews who wrote genesis while on a drug induced vision quest were personifying nature as a diety. Think about it, humanity gains sentience (the fruit of knowledge) from some reptile that’s probabaly extraterrestrial of some kind and there were natural reprocussions that followed with such an unnatural change to the environment. I still think the earth is a living entity made up of the collective life force on the planet, it even has magnetic pulses from the core that follows a pattern similar to a heart beat. Proof reading this shit made me feel slightly autistic. esa.int/Our_Activities/Observing_the_Earth/Swarm/Earth_s_magnetic_heartbeat

lol brainlet the most atheist countries right now are high on the global peace index(nordic countries)

foxnews.com/world/2017/02/28/china-ramps-up-persecution-christians-and-other-religious-groups-report-finds.html

www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2017/september/china-ramps-up-christian-persecution-after-two-missionaries-are-murdered

express.co.uk/news/world/814645/china-church-religion-crackdown-shuangmiao-henan

I’ll look into it.

>crusades
Justified retaliation to stop Islamic invasions into Europe, worked pretty well even though we didn't keep the holy land
>Inquisition
Attempt to take back property from jewish collaborators that stole it from christians during the Islamic occupation of Spain. Invented modern law and had a lower death toll than US does right now
>Slavery
Chattel slavery was against Christianity and was invented by Islamic Barbars.
>WTC
Islam again
>Pedos
a few Priests versus Every Foreskin eating Rabbi, Child marrying Islamist, Pedowood elite, and Satanists

Gee it is almost like they are trying to pin the blame of heathans on Christianity because they are too big of a pussy to attack the actual problem religions

>evidence all around but doesn't want to bring up a single point
show proof that they're doing what you say they're doing.
You're awesome

yeah atheist countries seem to have a nice ebb and flow of great times of peace and unimaginable blood baths that decimate the populous

China has the highest Christian population in the world. Ever wonder why you see so many slants at the Vatican?

There is literally nothing of that sort going on in the Scandinavian countries.

See ?

I'll just let you have the last word on this one, I'm about to clock out of this thread

brb suicide

Saying Scandinavian countries aren’t atheist though. They are secular and don’t have a large religious influence but people are still free to worship, they aren’t run by Stalin.

yeah all part of that ebb and flow.
i do recall vikings raping and pillaging everything in sight at one point.
i imagine murder will make a comeback at some point.

See ya space cowboy.