Kill your entire family for the sake of some dictatorial city-state that isn't even a hundred years old

>kill your entire family for the sake of some dictatorial city-state that isn't even a hundred years old.
Itachi should've been aborted. Griffith at least gained godhood by betraying the people closest to him, the only thing Itachi gained was the satisfaction of being a tool for the Gestapo.

To his credit the guy did help prevent a world war. If the Uchiha coup had happened, the resulting civil war would've weakened the village and allowed other villages to possibly invade. This could lead to a world war where millions would die. By removing the clan from the equation, that world war didn't happen.

No other village but the cloud and that with the 8 tails and the raikage working together could have put a dent on konoha's not to mention that other villages would have joined Konoha's side just to fuck with their enemies.

Imagine how much misery having 2 different groups of people or tribes in same area has caused in Africa and america.
Homogeneous societies are more happier, thus itachi and the konohoa elders were completely right.

Killing the strongest clan in Konoha doesn't make Konoha weaker?

Also the reason people don't like wars is because family and friends could get killed. Killing your family and friends because the CIA told you it could prevent a war is insane and evil on every level. Honestly would kill your entire family because "it could prevent a war"?

The Uchiha were treasonous bastards. Literally all they had to do was to not be cunts. But once that happened either Itachi or someone else was going to do the job. The difference is that with Itachi doing it

1. He was able to bullshit things so that their rep remained intact
2. It prevented a civil war that would have offed the Uchiha anyways along with a bunch of other Leafs

Replace 'Uchiha' with Jews.

Jews didn't attempt to commit treason; the Uchiha were arrogant, gambled, and lost.

Kill the few and saves the many bla bla

Senju sympathizers make me sick. SICK!

There have always been treasonous Jews but that doesn't justify killing all of them. That's your demented logic.

Pretty sure the Uchiha didn't ever want to fight with Konoha, they only lived there because that's where they've been for fucking ever.

Sure. Individual treasonous Jews, many of whom were executed for treason just like anyone else would be even in modern law. But not the entire group.

What's the defense for the Uchiha who were planning to overthrow the country? "That's not fair! We were supposed to make the first move!" At least Fugaku didn't go out like THAT.

So you'd gut your mother, father, uncles, aunts and cousins of all ages to stop some theoretical war from happening? I want a straight answer.

>inflicts more suffering onto Kakashi than everyone else in the series experiences combined.
>tortures and turns his own brother into a supreme edgelord.
>a true hero and pacifist at heart.

Meanwhile the coolest guy tries to make everyone happy and the entire world gives him shit for it.

The Uchiha were playing to start a revolution in a country they helped found, a country in which they were turning into a hated minority. Considered they waited so long that they got genocided I'd say they probably should've lauched a coup against the genocidal dictatorship sooner.

Itachi fan boys must be fucking triggered. Reeeeeee

>theoretical
They were about to do it and you know it.
The only thing Itachi did wrong was not killing Sasuke.

>the uchiha weren't considered konoha ninja
You people will believe in anything to justify the Uchiha Massacre. I don't think I've ever seen a fandom so full of genocide apologists.

Hated minority? The Uchiha were the popo; they were the man. They weren't beaten by the police; they WERE the police. But unlike with the real world popo there's an almost constant stream of ass kissing at the mention of "Konoha's greatest clan." Clearly they allowed it to go to their heads.

>I don't think I've ever seen a fandom so full of genocide apologists

It's an uphill battle. You are sympathizing with a group that canonically has evil brain chakra while villainizing a dude that the author deifies.

The Uchiha are basically orcs and you're a Stan for them.

Itachi did the right thing. The only thing he did wrong was mindraping Sauske with the intent of making sure he never turned on the village, and leading him to...turn on the village.

well I mean yeah, his choice was effectively some of the village military, the clan, and him and his brother die or just the clan dies
Honestly I feel it was set up too simply, even in the books, but with more nuance it probably would've fallen apart of bit or seemed more unreasonable.The 3rd probably could've tried to talk it out more, but it's the same bullshit explanation as tons of other stuff in this series: "danzo and the 2 elders are fucking cunts and so are the uchihas"
Although it was nice to see the books add in him being dead inside and having his waifu murdered before that shit all happened

>implying the Uchiha aren't genetic failures and incapable of actually putting the village above their family in a situation where the objectively right choice is the Will of Fire.

>his only choice was his entire clan dying or killing his entire clan
Except that's wrong.

Nothing of value was lost

>I don't think I've ever seen a fandom so full of genocide apologists.
The good guys support genocide, directly or indirectly, so it's not that surprising. Besides, many geeks are alt-righters

Edgelords be crazy.

Itachi saw that the Uchiha would never change their ways, eventually they would continue the cycle of misery. They refused to integrate and insisted on conflict, if there hadn't been a despot to stop them they would have caused a world war. Liberalism would only have given them equal power to those who would live peacefully, democracy and liberalism will always host evil equally with peace.
Every mistake the 3rd made, was due to him being unwilling to use his power as a despot to stamp out problems. Some problems will never be solved unless you gas then, this is the issue with the Uchiha clan.

>kill your entire clan because of their tendency to be emotionally unstable warmongering psychopaths
>spare your little brother out of love and torture him to make sure he grows up into an emotionally unstable warmongering psychopath
>die while handing your completely vulnerable brother to Tobi on a silver platter, ensuring he turns to the dark side and attacks the village
>prepare a genjutsu that will make your beloved brother you wanted to protect a mindless slave in case he dares to use your eyes to not stay blind for the rest of his life, no matter which side he's on
>be hailed a genius with unparalleled wisdom by entire cast

Giving Naruto a rival that wasn't Kiba was a mistake. Damn editorial.