How many shows has the average Sup Forums user watched...

How many shows has the average Sup Forums user watched? Is 200 minimum still the cutoff before pretending you know what you're talking about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUt6dIGdGLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm at 342 completed anime in total, but only 170 TV anime.

Currently Sup Forums is probably below 200.

I've watched cowboy Bebop 600 times, and nothing else.

338 TV, but who's counting.

2000+ "watched"
amongst them 1900 dropped.
so 100+ shows completed

Why not just stop watching?

>1900 dropped
You clearly don't like anime, why torture yourself like this

300 is the minimum

I have watched 6 anime in the past 10 years.

It doesn't matter

There are only 6 good anime in existence and I've already watched them all

>Is 200 minimum still the cutoff
It's been 300 for a few years.

100 days completed is the minimum, for both anime and manga
>tfw only 27.8 days worth of manga read

Current Sup Forums is probably somewhere around 100 at average.

Anyone below 300 should not be posting.

Who keeps track of this shit. That's like recording how many slices of bread you've eaten in your whole life, especially when most were forgettable, moldy, whole wheat garbage.

idk, 100-150 maybe

>idk
>under 300
every time

Anime discussions wouldn't be the same without the elaborate input of someone that has watched Dragonball, Pokemon and the big 3.
This is the standard we should thrive for.

I don't think that will net you 100 days. I've seen over 8000 episodes and yet I'm only at 138 days

I'm in the same boat as that user.
I like good anime I guess.

Most of current Sup Forums should not be posting.

Good taste

259 anime watched, only 155 of which are TV series.

I give pretty much every anime a fair chance.
I watch at least 3 episodes of the show before dropping it

I've spent 5 years watching this shit and somehow just barely scrape under 200. I dont understand how this works when I feels like all I do is watch anime.

Maybe I should start watching seasonal anime eventually.

Just those 5 would easily net 3000 episodes. Add in other long running casual series that many people usually watch alongside and it is easy to inflate the days watched count.

It bloats your number but for the past 3 years watching a lot of seasonal shows rekindled the fire and made me like anime again. I started watching pretty much every show airing each season since the end of 2014 so just off that with an average of 25-30 shows completed each season is like 250-300 shows since winter 2015 not counting backlog. I've dropped maybe less than 10 shows.
Seasons like this one where there ends up being like a 2-4 day gap when only 1 or 2 shows I'm watching come out is great because I get to watch more backlog without episodes piling up. I have no clue what my total completed is because I used to track it on notepad and lost the hdd and now use Taiga which is much better.

> Quantity over quality ever

Damn, this way of thinking is dense...

>keeping count at all
What are you trying to prove?

anons count OVA's as full shows to boost their power level
Or watch less shonen

I just use Taiga to remember what episode I'm on because I mostly watch it when I go to bed. It's funny to see stats but I don't care about it, I've watched more than 95% of Sup Forums.

I do it because I tend to juggle a bunch of shows and can never remember what episode I'm up to, I just use taiga like everyone else so it keeps track of what I've watched.

Sad thing is the only big shonen I watched was dragon ball and FMA, couldnt even make it through more than 1/4 of dbz before getting bored.
I guess I'm just not as autistic as the rest of this board.

>rest of this board
Sup Forums doesn't watch big 3, newfags and shonenshitters do.

I don't know moonrunes, were they watching anime? sleeping?

Anything below that exact number and you're a massive plebasaurus.

No I mean autistic enough to watch 20+ shows each season. Not shonen stuff.

>autistic
It takes less than 2 hours a night not counting watching it while eating or waiting for something.

Fuck off tripfaggot

They were masturbating.

Do you feel better about yourself looking at the numbers or what's the deal here?

If I can't go over quality, what should I do??

Most anons I've talked to just watch their backlogs, maybe 2 or 3 a season they think look good.

426 entries in my list, though movies, OVAs, spin-offs yada yada are listed separately.

Out of these I didn't finish 11 yet, dropped 22 and temporarily paused 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUt6dIGdGLg

Same. I've been watching for almost 7 years already but I'm barely at 250.

I have 252 seperate shows down as having completed, I think I've dropped ~2-3, there's 4-5 I've got on hold. That doesn't count any I forgot during my childhood or the first 3 years of watching anime in highschool when I didn't keep a list.

That said, I've rewatched some of them 12+ times so that boosts my hours. I did the math for time spent rewatching just 3 series and got an extra 9.6 days minimum.

Counting shows is for autists.

I've watched around 500 full TV series, I don't know the exact number. Probably the average Sup Forumsnon has watched less than 200.

>119 completed
>77 TVs
And I've never been called a newfag

>type like a blatant newfag
>tumblr gif
If you haven't it's because you sit in your DBS general which is filled with redditors and hues.

Wrong.

I only visit threads for meme shows like Danganronpa, Mayoiga and Re:Creators

>Danganronpa, Mayoiga
Kill yourself.

After watching them I contemplated.

>ITT anons with less than 1000 watched complaining about people keeping track

Stay pleb

Recreators is shit too, even if you didn't list it just because you're watching it.

The show is fine but I don't go to the threads.

The show is trash.

The threads are utter shit.

When you try to diss someone who hasn't seen even hundred TV anime at least make sure you aren't a faggot yourself first, faggot.

>faggot yourself
What are you even talking about? I scrape the images but don't lurk the threads since before shark showed up.

>the point
(you)

I believe that anons who claim that they have watched over 500 anime have terrible taste. Because there aren't that many animus worth watching. You have to be either a masochist or have a shit taste.
>inb4 fuck off newfag

you should read global rule 6

>Because there aren't that many animus worth watching
How would you know when you haven't even watched the required 300 to post? The only people who post this are otacool newfags pretending to like anime for social media clout. Watch more anime and lurk more.

If your only hobby is watching anime, then yes, you'll have watched a lot of shit.

>watching bad anime is the same as not being able to distinguish between the good and bad
Are you retarded?

>How would you know when you haven't even watched the required 300 to post?
I believe that I've watched around 150 by now (kill me with newfag arguments). And even with this shit amount I have now a hard time finding a good anime.
>Watch more anime and lurk more.
O-okay, I will user, I will.
Can't disagree with that.

>I've watched around 150 by now
everyone could tell you hadn't seen enough just by how you type. lurk, see screencaps/webms/reaction images of characters, look their show up, watch it. you never know if shows will be good until you at least give them the 3 episode rule. saying you have a hard time finding good shows when you've probably seen like 10 from before 2008 is niave.

> And I've never been called a newfag

Newfag

I know I've watched more than 400 but i haven't counted in a while

over 120 completed and some of them are over 300 episodes with movies and ovas (common shonen), and recently started to watch anime again, most of them drama and weird shit. How many shows I have dropped... no idea, the only important thing is if you enjoy to watch them over the quantity

On about 500~550 TV series I think, but consider 200~300 a minimum for intelligent discussion, but it depends what you watch. At that point you don't have a favourite anime because you just haven't seen all of the substantial series that have come out.

Plus one as a I just finished Hoozuki no Reitetsu.

Calm down, Dio.

This user is the only one doing it right. Quality over quantity. There just aren't many good shows.

the heck is Taiga?

It's that thing that happy people live on.

It records the anime you've watched automatically.

I think it's more important that you're critically engaged with what you watch, rather than just shoveling it all in while you zone out from boredom.

There are so many retards who watch 1000s of shows but can't judge animation quality, pacing, sound direction, scene composition, or can't identify plot contrivances, or can't articulate exactly WHY they like a show, etc.

I think a person who really understands a few (well, like a 100 or something) influential shows on a deep level, and is at least aware of popular trends in anime (e.g. isekai, CGDCT, etc.) is more equipped for discussion than your average elitist who watches mountains of trash.

Of course, ideally you'd want to watch 1000s of anime AND be engaged with all of them. But who the fuck has the time or attention span for that?

I would say 50 days worth of Anime should be the minimum

It is a desktop client app which allows you to use MAL while claiming that you don't use MAL.

550+
Individual series
not including season 2 and over

Brutal. Not even would qualify for that one.

300 is the cutoff for knowing what you're talking about. I've seen 541, and I 've only been into anime for about a year. If you've seen less than 150 you shouldn't even be posting here at all.

Did you read all that on a redditors blog?

is shit

You gotta have some dedication to watch 1.5 anime daily. Or you're just baiting.

I don't bait my friend. I usually watch about 10-20 episodes a day.

Why are you lying on the internet?

>If you've seen less than 150 you shouldn't even be posting here at all.
Then what should I be doing, otaku-senpai?

>implying its hard to watch 10 episodes a day

This is why your powerlevel is so low.

+400 TV and I don't feel qualified yet to talk about anime.

Watching anime.

You're a moron. You need to watch more anime and stop convincing yourself your uninformed opinion is just as valid as an informed one. There are hundreds if not thousands of titles worth watching. You clearly suck ass at picking shows.

Well I have a job so I can't espend all that time in anime.

Read more manga.

Have ten to go until I hit 500.