Thoughts on Cavendish's story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WI0kE8hQs8g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmelites
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Sanji x Nami

End game right here, lads

the girl is cute

so linlin got carmel's DF powers by eating her?

if oda's a hack

She's in.

>Luffy gets power up
>it's literally copy+paste Super Saiyan 4

dark

>same filename scheme
>changing your IP just to shitpost your crack ship
Lmao

The sanafag is mentally ill.

WOW just wow. this was quite dark for ODAs Style...And I freaking love it. I love how he managed to make Big Mom such an intriuging character witin 2 backstory chapters. I love WCI, one of the best arcs of One piece: theme,enemy,setting just works out perfectly. ODA is really on a roll right now and I see no end to it.

When is my niggress Bonney going to join the Strawhats?

youtube.com/watch?v=WI0kE8hQs8g

That's pretty dark for One Piece

how is he a hack?

Its good he never explains how DF works so when he finally does he can cover up possible plotholes and people cant talk shit

I want to see Luffy in Cavendish's ship and see how those underlings react to him.

So is Big Mom actually just retarded?
Like, holy shit, this goes beyond arrogance or obliviousness, this is actual autism levels or stupid.
All these fucking years and she has literally no idea why people leave her or what happened to Mother Caramel?

This is perfectly in line with how DFs were shown to work on Punk Hazard

As long as there was a fruit nearby, or assuming mom ate a fruit, she's good to go

She probably subconsciously knows but doesn't want to face the truth. Hence the despair

t.butthurt BigMemefag

becasue ss4 design was fucking cool and DB just redconed it

>Linlin's parents normal
>LinLin a huge freak of nature at the age of 5

A certain someone did an experience on her, failed, they couldn't control her so they let her go.

It would also provide a narrative option in the arc's resolution in the form of pudding. Though, there's so many ways the tea party can go down from this point that we can't really specify which route Oda is most likely to take.

So is this still Cavendishes memory or happening in current time?

Big mom is pretty much frankenstein. Someone needs to put her out of her misery.

>Thoughts on Cavendish's story?
I'm more interested in these earmuffs

Probably after Reverie

were doing the entire straw hat fleet?

>elbaf at the end

Sad thing is is that this is 300x better than those shitty edgy chuuni Gear 5th abominations

>giantess fetish
So are we getting this or another qt for the crew?

Monkey Dark Luffy.

The will of Dark.

Dark Piece.

underrated

Oda, where's my friend Zoro?

>finally does

Terrible idea. They should never be explained. Spooky anomaly > mundane explanation.

You faggots unironically buying the "she ate all of them" story are fucking blind.

This is obviously a setup. We, as the audience, are meant to think she ate them on the surface, but there's plenty of shit showing she didn't.

The biggest thing is THIS WASN'T A FREAKOUT.
Yes, she freaked out and destroyed shit and killed her son when she was HUNGRY.
This clearly isn't that though, she wasn't hungry, she had her favorite food and was just so happy she couldn't see cause the tears in her eyes.
But even with that, she knew when she bit the table. She would have known if she bit into a human being, let alone fucking 15 or however many there were there.

On top of that, the scene has several oddities, like how widespread the debris/destruction is despite Lilin having not moved from her seat, the odd trails of smoke that usually denote some kind of sudden scuffle, something her long gobbling wouldn't have left, and how those huge log seats and other parts of the table don't look bitten, but rather smashed.

Something happened while she was eating, but it wasn't her eating other people. I don't know what it could have been, but again we're dealing with fucking One Piece here where people have powers that can do shit like pulling people into mirrors or creating sentient suns.

Should have said dark

Dark.

Is it Caramel or Carmel?

best cover story we've had in a while. Super funny.

He said they would be explained, and they should be to some extent

We should eventually learn how Blackbeard got the gura gura

We should learn how the Sara Sara no mi appeared on the apple

>no argument

It's not your fault that you don't know storytelling 101. It's okay.

It's most likely that she ate them, but given the amount of twists lately in wouldn't be shocked if some or all lived.

The strongest piece of evidence is that she got the Soul soul fruit.

Current time probably as 74 underlings + Cavendish is the present time. Remember the beautiful pirates were said to be a force of 75 members in total.

Good question. We'll have to wait and find out. While it'd be cool if his Dressrosa legacy made him all the more popular, I think that this is his backstory. He looks younger in the latest cover.

Now that the dust has settled

1. Bleach
2. One Piece
3. Hunter
4. Naruto

Oda was jus paying homage the full metal alchemist mangaka as usual oda create a character with some characteristics from anothe mangaka or in the case of duke and neko murrican cartonist.
Linlin is based on Gluttony (gluttony usually eat humans whole) read his wikia for more info.

Maybe, but I don't think everyone will get the same amount of chapters. We already know Barto's past unlike Cavendish's ch 866 cover.

Bleach? What the fuck

The character of a witch like figure who is a cannibal goes back centuries. I doubt he got the idea from FMA.

Caramel

Why didn't mother caramel and Linlin's friends just run away when she started eating them?

DARK PIECE

So. Is BM going down this arc? If so how? If not, why?

But we cant deny oda love to add meta in his comics.
FMA was published by the pirate, chances of knowing him personally are p high.

>Bleach
LOL

t. niggastream

it's carmel

t. stupid bitch

It's Caramel

what is this heart meme

just fucking google carmel and caramel

Why isnt the assassination plot just feeding big meme a df so she just dies? Is oda a hack?

anyone got the Smoothie meme with her being useless

I want to cum inside the bunny

I can't remember when exactly it was, but there was a big event and then the next page was just completely blank with "The Heart" in the middle of it.
Became a meme cause people already memed about Kubo not drawing backgrounds and generally drawing less and less shit, so now he just had a whole blank page.

It's Carmel. Go look up the Japanese way of spelling Caramel. It's not the same as OP Carmel.

>Big Mom ate them all is the new "Sabo is really dead guys"

Every time

I forgot to add that since it's a name in the first place, you should go by how it's spelled like akainu or aokiji. In this case it's still not Caramel as it's spelled like Carmel. So either way, it's not Caramel.

Smoothie 5 nakama

It's Carmel. Caramel is only used by niggerstream.

Caramel = カラメル (karameru), which is the name of Pudding's cafe.
Carmel = カルメル (karumeru), as in Mother Carmel. Probably taken from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmelites given Carmel's religious theme.

You just mad that BigMeme is a cannibal and will NOT aid the strawhats.

Pic related.

who is the more insufferable weebbait character, law or sabo?

law

Sabo. Law actually has some depth

Eternal reminder that Wapolfags got BTFO this week

Sabo. I fucking hate him.

?

Hunter and One Piece are not done yet.
>Bleach first
Also kys.

>Manga Big Mom intro happens
>"OMG BIG MOM IS A CANNIBAL! SO EDGY!"
>Anime Big Mom intro happens making it obvious she was talking to some Homies that were likely just living food
>"B-but my edge!"
>Oda makes obvious setup to make us think she ate her friends/mother as a red herring
>"S-see! I TOLD YOU SHE WAS A CANNIBAL!"
>5 weeks from now we'll get the reveal of what actually happened back then since the flashback clearly ended abruptly/early
>"BUT MUH EDGE!"

> we AoT now bois xD

>Poochy.
Hehehehehaaaa!

wasn't blood mentioned in the big mom song tho?

Ganbatte kudasai Spee D. Reader-kun!

The chapter seems to be intentionally unclear about what actually happened, though the most obvious interpretation would be that she ate them unintentionally. That being said, it's not explicitly shown or stated that happened and there's some issues with that outcome being the case. The biggest evidence in its favor would be that we know Big Mom ends up with the Soul fruit's powers, yet we're shown Mother Carmel possessing them at the time of the chapter. Again, nothing is explicitly shown about how she acquired those powers, and there are alternate ways she could have acquired them (such as a nearby fruit matching the Soul fruit's type and BM eating it eventually) but an obvious conclusion could be that she ate her whole and it's a method of power transferal we didn't yet know of.

>aiding the Shs

Don't be mean like that. I never said such a thing

But don't forget, witches are always witches

This is the only gripe I have, why not just carry around SMILES and force feed them to opponents

How does Oda keep getting worse?

We don't know yet how different SMILES are to actual authentic devil fruits.

>why not just carry around SMILES and force feed them to opponents
Because that's fucking retarded, also not all people have devil fruits

Big Toddler accidently kills Carmel, then she keeps eating shit until the Devil fruit respawns and DON she got the Soul Soul powers.

please explain how this chapter relates to Wapol

Then just feed them two you fucking idiot.

This must be addressed for Kaido, if he wants to die so badly why not just a million DFs

This is the best arc we've had so far

Pudding loves mayonnaise

His fruit power works by eating people/things without killing them.

>Throw random devil fruit down her gaping piehole
>She swallows it because if it's in her mouth it's obviously food
>Dies
>Both devil fruits recycle into nearby fruits
>Grab fruits and bail out, waving bye to Katakuri and Smoothie along the way

There is an easy way out tho, they are not real df so yo u just need to say "eating two ore more do anything, you don't die, but you don't get any more powers than the first one you ate"

so how did he get btfo?

LOL called it. Why are you so butthurt dude? Big Mom was heavily implied to be a cannibal throughout her apperance in the series(hunger rampages, eating souls, homies, talk of drinking blood, etc). This chapter was essentially the nail in the coffin. It explains why BM has caramel's powers and where she went and also why BM seems to have deep pyschological scars surrounding her dissapperance because she knows deep down that she killed her. This whole arc is a just a brothers grimm fairytale and her act of cannabilsm beautifully completes her characterization. I'm sorry you don't understand storytelling user, otherwise you might have actually enjoyed the chapter instead of autistically rageposting on a chinese cartoon forum.