Stockton CA mayor is a black man, 28 year old Stanford graduate Michael Tubbs

>Stockton CA mayor is a black man, 28 year old Stanford graduate Michael Tubbs
>Leading charge to study effects of UBI by giving families in Stockton $500 a month.

Can we have a genuine discussion on UBI and it’s role in society’s future? Tech companies are trying their hardest to make all cashiers/delivery drivers/truckers/uber drivers/blue collar workers unemployed, and that future is coming sooner than we think.

How can we deal with this second industrial revolution without UBI?

kcra.com/article/stockton-to-give-some-families-dollar500-a-month/15861012

Other urls found in this thread:

stocktonfreepress.com/2017/07/13/mayor-tubbs-to-stockton-thugs-we-will-pay-you-to-stop-shooting/
theverge.com/2017/11/2/16597276/google-ai-image-attacks-adversarial-turtle-rifle-3d-printed).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah about those "some families" ...

That cash will either go directly to Mexico, or to drugs.

Good job Stockton.

You forgot terrorism as well.

You think they’d perform a year long study that people will reference in the future and even allow the possibility of
illegals getting money?

Reacing technocracy will see the juden replaced by high IQ huwhites & asian engineers who have the lower IQ underclass suckle off daddy gubmint and a UBI because their shitty meme trade jobs got BTFO by people who were smart enough to get degrees.

>Stockton is full of niggers
>niggers buy coke/crack/weed
>cartels get the money
not too hard man

Weed is fully legal in CA

>buying legal weed when you can buy illegal weed cheaper

It's almost like criminals don't follow the law

>buying trash tier stems & seeds instead of dank sticky icky literally engineered in a lab to be as dank as possible for like $20 more
nobody is buying weed of the street where it's legalized, boomer boi

>entire city on government welfare
Yeah, seems legit bro

Treating UBI like some abstract issue is misleading, because it ignores the basic, big picture question that is the most pressing. That is wealth distribution. We are already well past the point where our ability to create value (through technology) makes it so that all the material problems of the world could be solved, easily. There is more wealth in the world than there ever has been. Society was always ordered based on the fact that most people HAD to work. Once that compulsion is removed, it is a whole new game. That is where we are now. The wealth is being sucked up into a tiny group while the masses are locked into a relic condition of struggle. It is now ARTIFICIAL.
Therefore, given that big picture, any UBI introduced can only be a further step into servility and helplessness for the masses. So stop pretending that we should debate this and decide the big question of the day. Fucking fake. We need to overthrow the global oligarch stranglehold on the world. Everything else is irrelevant until that happens.

have you ever smoked weed with blacks?
they don't use glass, and hardly go for papers
they'll dumb 4gs in a blunt and say theyre good
they don't buy "the dank shit", they buy dirt

These are these are CA blacks, they know their weed

>have you ever smoked weed with blacks?
no, because that sounds like a terrible time. blacks ruin everything. it's supposed to be relaxing and introspective but blacks somehow turn it into some stupid hype shit like smoking weed is somehow a status symbol

I know pol is full of nocoiners but for the sake of an actual discussion.

If crypto became widespread (not bitcoin, crypto), would an altcoin be the answer to UBI?

>Transactions tracked, identities verifued, no raw money going out

Where are you going to get the money to even make this somewhat possible?

In the short run, I see UBI as perhaps having some positive effects. however, in the long run, as more people rely on a in I as their main income source, and cease to contribute much to society, i cannot see how the producers (ie those who hold capital) will not see these consumers as a burden. I think some nifty eugenics programs will be thought up by large capital to cull the consumers.

That’s retarded, crypto won’t be a USD alternative and anyone pushing for it is anti american as it gets

Kys commie faggot.

by taxing "families" who are exempt from it, I assume

Won't work in a modern society. UBI only works in a monetary system where the money is going to be spent locally and then reinvested into the community. Adding another 500 dollars a month to a family budget is not going to do much long term. The landlords in the area will just raise their rent and knowing poor people giving them 500 a month for existing means they'll still live in a hovel they can barely afford, but hey they got a brand new leased m4 shtting in their driveway.

And people in CA still won’t leave, because it’s the best state in the union

I thought it was anonymous?

>CA
>best state in the union

Wyoming would like to have a word with you

Isn't Stockton bankrupt?

With UBI, you would gain $500 and lose $500 due to raised prices, inflation, and increased taxes.

They were in 2008, they’re on the up now

Stockton user here.
There's a huge campaign against Tubb's right now. If you drive through any of the 'huwhite' neighborhoods, you will see rows and rows of signs to "Stop tubbs".
He wants to turn a municipal golf course into section 8, through a vehicle the city has used for some time called "Visionary Home Builders".
The city went bankrupt before by gifting homes to poors via visionary. They would buy a single family, and flip it to the city and put the poor person on the title. Or the city would grant land + all building costs to visionary for the section 8 (easy to spot, they are always unbelievably ugly bright multi colors).
Tubbs is in a state of panic the last 6 months. He's literally throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks to take heat off him, while he does typical proto-racial-communist land reform.

not when its a select few that receive it.

Just finished settlements in 2016. The city has fresh 'credit cards' and an inexperienced mayor.
Nope. Homelessness has 5x'd. Downtown and the delta's are covered in camps. We're at crisis levels worse than Sacramento in 2007.

Maaybe he can get onboard with Sacramento paying criminals to not commit crimes?

He actually tried that, shit against the wall.

stocktonfreepress.com/2017/07/13/mayor-tubbs-to-stockton-thugs-we-will-pay-you-to-stop-shooting/

Charities don’t work. That money would have been better spent re-educating the workforce. $6000/year to learn and get back to work or $6000/year just because. Makes no sense.

Can't wait for Stockton to go bankrupt again less than 8 years since last time

I'm going to take some pictures today. Will Post a new bread at 1600 PST.

California is fucked, they have so much debt that the whole government system they have built will collapse. The worse thing about this is the million of brainwashed idiots who’ll move to good states turning them to shit.

It needs to burn so they can start over. Send the illegals back and let the state starve.

Do we really want that? I mean in todays world there is hardly any social interactions left. I like my 7/11 clerk to recognize me, ask me if I want the usual, smile, joke and say have a nice day.

I must admit I take the self-serve line in some stores out of convenience (shorter queues).

AI for self driving cars is around the bend yes, but AI is still a somewhat flaky science and it will be decades before it will be a common thing to see (without a human driver to aid in an emergency!). The best image recognition RNNs can still get confused easily because of minute patterns and purposefully tricking an AI into hallucinating has been done by multiple research groups (theverge.com/2017/11/2/16597276/google-ai-image-attacks-adversarial-turtle-rifle-3d-printed).

I think UBI is a pretty bad idea, especially with the endless migration from shithole countries, its just a disaster waiting to happen.

Based

People will always find something to do. In the future they will have access to incredible productivity technology to realize their goals.

In 1900, most people worked in agriculture and no one could imagine a job like "java programmer". Likewise, we can't imagine what people will do, but rest assured they will be doing things - just as we have always done.

The Stockton UBI is just for 100 people. Not for all the poors in Stockton, just for the favored poors. Not the homeless poors either most likely.
It will probably go to mostly illegal poors & some black poors.

We already have UBI here in the U.S.
It's called EBT, welfare, medicaid, etc.
Paying people not to work is stupid.
A job gives meaning to life. You take that away by conditioning people to be lazy by giving them handouts, you've impoverished them more than any temporary shortfall in funds ever could.

That's discriminatory. The city of Stockton should distribute the money evenly around the country in order to be fair.

I volunteer to be the person from the east coast.

Almost exclusively black poors.
Just got to my business, took about 50 snaps of the Badlands.
Next is some of the anti Tubbs signs.

That's not ubi retard, that's just redistributive welfare

i want universal basic income bros

bitcoin is completely transparent Eth too,
some coins are anonymous, some are optional anonymous

give nigger altcoin that are traceable and can only be used for food would be okay thing to do, but its the same as to give them a food stamps right? they buy some shitty food and then trade it for drugs

In some regards, I'm for it. I think cities tend to overextend themselves on trying to get thousands of people out of poverty when the reality is that they can probably only get 20-30 people stable and sufficient (IE, becoming a Tax-Payer again, which should be the goal of any city ran responsibly.)

What is this?

Under an overpass, a set of camps, they are a drug dealing street.